Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The late late nocturnal thread ©™

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Tank fly boss walk jam nitty-gritty. You're listening to the boy from the big bad Salop . This is Jim hot, this is Jim hot.

Hello! Cowabunga tattva namaste. And of course, good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening. What's on your beautiful mind? What you up to? Working? Pervin'? Lurking? Whatever you're doing, share it here. Chat with other pervy night owls and pervy night flamingos . Talk about absolutely anything you want.

Newbies, thread watchers, you're very welcome here. Very, very welcome.

Don't be shy, give us a try.

Let's nocturnal. Smileyface

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

NerØ

over a year ago

Blimey, he's quick. ^

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"NerØ"

HerØ

over a year ago

"NerØ"

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Nero. We don't need another Nero

We don't need to know the way home

All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome

over a year ago

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Persis. You beaut.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"NerØ

HerØ"

Who remembers Persis Khambatta? She played Lieutenant Ilia in the film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture".

over a year ago

Nero, guess what.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Nero, guess what."

Go on...

over a year ago

"NerØ

HerØ

Who remembers Persis Khambatta? She played Lieutenant Ilia in the film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"."

I haven't seen any Star Trek.

over a year ago

"Nero, guess what.

Go on..."

You're tonight's ¹st poster!

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/iibpewIA_ik

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Nero, guess what.

Go on...

You're tonight's ¹st poster!"

Haha! I thought you were going to tell me that you met Jamie Pants!

over a year ago

"NerØ

HerØ

Who remembers Persis Khambatta? She played Lieutenant Ilia in the film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"."

Oooh, he's good. This makes me happy - familiarity with the name.

over a year ago

"Nero, guess what.

Go on...

Haha! I thought you were going to tell me that you met Jamie Pants! "

I should be so lucky.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening Jim and fellow nocturnal beings.

We've just finished a quiz, it was jolly fun! Other than that, today I've mainly sat on the sofa in my PJs and ordered new bits for my wheelchair. I'm also considering getting a sexy new wheelchair. Expensive though

over a year ago

"Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Persis. You beaut. "

Constant name shifter currently... from one beaut to another.

over a year ago

Hello

over a year ago

Hi Everyone

See Nero got here early can’t hold out for him sadly.

Everyone have a good Easter?

over a year ago

"Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening Jim and fellow nocturnal beings.

We've just finished a quiz, it was jolly fun! Other than that, today I've mainly sat on the sofa in my PJs and ordered new bits for my wheelchair. I'm also considering getting a sexy new wheelchair. Expensive though "

Shopping stresses me out. Sexy new wheelchair sounds exciting though.

I've somehow triggered tonsilitis #2 of the year. Fever, chills, and difficulty swallowing has been my day

By *rincessPuddleDuck22Woman
over a year ago

.•°°

Good evening

over a year ago

We've just finished a quiz, it was jolly fun! Other than that, today I've mainly sat on the sofa in my PJs and ordered new bits for my wheelchair. I'm also considering getting a sexy new wheelchair. Expensive though "

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, KC and the Moonlight Band. Did you get some Spokey Dokeys? You deserve a sexy wheelchair.

over a year ago

North West

We've just finished a quiz, it was jolly fun! Other than that, today I've mainly sat on the sofa in my PJs and ordered new bits for my wheelchair. I'm also considering getting a sexy new wheelchair. Expensive though

I've somehow triggered tonsilitis #2 of the year. Fever, chills, and difficulty swallowing has been my day "

Have you got chills that are multiplying? I hope you aren't losing control? I hope you are better soon!

The online shopping wasn't terribly sexy - puncture proof tyres, red bearings and some gloves

over a year ago

"Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Persis. You beaut.

Constant name shifter currently... from one beaut to another."

You're a Persis-tent name changer.

over a year ago

North West

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, KC and the Moonlight Band. Did you get some Spokey Dokeys? You deserve a sexy wheelchair."

I didn't get any Spokey Dokeys, Jim. How remiss of me! The sexy new wheelchair does not come cheap. I might have to start a fundraiser...

over a year ago

"Hello "

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, WildAtHeart. I like your purple knickers.

over a year ago

"Good evening "

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Princess. Have you bought some new pink boots?

over a year ago

I've somehow triggered tonsilitis #2 of the year. Fever, chills, and difficulty swallowing has been my day

Have you got chills that are multiplying? I hope you aren't losing control? I hope you are better soon!

The online shopping wasn't terribly sexy - puncture proof tyres, red bearings and some gloves "

Boooooooring.

over a year ago

" ...puncture proof tyres, red bearings and some gloves "

Given the right circumstances, setting, and dynamic that shopping list be downright sexy

over a year ago

North West

The online shopping wasn't terribly sexy - puncture proof tyres, red bearings and some gloves

Boooooooring."

Yep! Super boring

over a year ago

"Hi Everyone

Everyone have a good Easter?"

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Rikke. He's quick our Nero. It's been an alright Easter, a lazy Easter. How was it for you?

over a year ago

Boooooooring.

Yep! Super boring "

Unless you have an imagination like Persis.

over a year ago

.•°°

"Good evening

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Princess. Have you bought some new pink boots?"

I haven't but i will right now, i need the cheering up

over a year ago

"Hi Everyone

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Rikke. He's quick our Nero. It's been an alright Easter, a lazy Easter. How was it for you?"

The laziest for me as well but got to listen to some music I actually liked for once.

Watched a decent movie too-The Gentlemen in case anyone was wondering

Weather was lovely as well despite a wet spell earlier on and the dogs have stopped humping for now.

KC what were the questions like in your quiz?

over a year ago

We have a Princess that needs cheering up.

over a year ago

North West

Boooooooring.

Yep! Super boring

Unless you have an imagination like Persis."

She is very imaginative. I wonder what she'd do with some puncture proof tyres, bearings and fingerless gloves?!

over a year ago

"Hi Everyone

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Rikke. He's quick our Nero. It's been an alright Easter, a lazy Easter. How was it for you?

The laziest for me as well but got to listen to some music I actually liked for once.

Weather was lovely as well despite a wet spell earlier on and the dogs have stopped humping for now.

KC what were the questions like in your quiz?"

Rikke, I'm going to watch The Gentleman this week.

over a year ago

North West

"Hi Everyone

KC what were the questions like in your quiz?"

Lots of different ones. Literature/art, geography, music, sports, food, one where you had to recall facts that had been part of previous questions. I might have forgotten a round

over a year ago

Boooooooring.

Yep! Super boring

She is very imaginative. I wonder what she'd do with some puncture proof tyres, bearings and fingerless gloves?! "

I don't know. She could be in The A-Team!

over a year ago

Heloooooo Jim & fellow nocturnals, how is everyone doing? Me, I’m feeling a little meh this evening.

over a year ago

"Heloooooo Jim & fellow nocturnals, how is everyone doing? Me, I’m feeling a little meh this evening. "

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Lisa. Why are you feeling a little meh this evening?

over a year ago

"Hi Everyone

Lots of different ones. Literature/art, geography, music, sports, food, one where you had to recall facts that had been part of previous questions. I might have forgotten a round "

Oof that recall round sounds tricky have a terrible short term memory myself.

What was the geography ones like?,Just the quizzes I have participated in have varied wildly in difficulty in that section.

over a year ago

.•°°

"We have a Princess that needs cheering up."

I next extra cheering up, they no longer have my size and I've had a literal nightmare of an evening.

over a year ago

North West

"Hi Everyone

Lots of different ones. Literature/art, geography, music, sports, food, one where you had to recall facts that had been part of previous questions. I might have forgotten a round

What was the geography ones like?,Just the quizzes I have participated in have varied wildly in difficulty in that section.

"

We found the recall one easy, but we're weird Geography had things like when did a country gain independence from Spain, which country produces the most potatoes and stuff. There's 4 answers to choose each time.

over a year ago

"Hi Everyone

We found the recall one easy, but we're weird Geography had things like when did a country gain independence from Spain, which country produces the most potatoes and stuff. There's 4 answers to choose each time."

At least its multiple choice I’d never get those of the top of my head.

Which country does produce the most potatoes I’m guessing Switzerland?

over a year ago

"We have a Princess that needs cheering up.

I next extra cheering up, they no longer have my size and I've had a literal nightmare of an evening."

Flippin' heck, Princess. What's the nightmare? Or shall we move on?

over a year ago

"Heloooooo Jim & fellow nocturnals, how is everyone doing? Me, I’m feeling a little meh this evening.

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Lisa. Why are you feeling a little meh this evening?"

Not quite sure, perhaps a number of factors; tomorrow marks the end of a long weekend and my bro’s brief trip back to the uk and next weekend still seem too far away.

over a year ago

North West

"Hi Everyone

We found the recall one easy, but we're weird Geography had things like when did a country gain independence from Spain, which country produces the most potatoes and stuff. There's 4 answers to choose each time.

Which country does produce the most potatoes I’m guessing Switzerland?"

China!

over a year ago

"Heloooooo Jim & fellow nocturnals, how is everyone doing? Me, I’m feeling a little meh this evening.

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Lisa. Why are you feeling a little meh this evening?

Not quite sure, perhaps a number of factors; tomorrow marks the end of a long weekend and my bro’s brief trip back to the uk and next weekend still seem too far away. "

It's almost Tuesday, then hump day. Next weekend will be here in no time.

over a year ago

I next extra cheering up, they no longer have my size and I've had a literal nightmare of an evening."

Nooooooo, I hate it when that happens!! What else has caused you to have a nightmare of an evening?

over a year ago

Apparently Manchester City have struck a deal to sign Erling Haaland.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10729179/Manchester-City-agree-terms-500-000-week-deal-sign-Erling-Haaland.html

over a year ago

"Hi Everyone

Which country does produce the most potatoes I’m guessing Switzerland?

China!"

The nocturnal thread, it's an education.

over a year ago

"Apparently Manchester City have struck a deal to sign Erling Haaland.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10729179/Manchester-City-agree-terms-500-000-week-deal-sign-Erling-Haaland.html"

Who????

Sorry in advance to football watchers just seem to never have heard of these people.

over a year ago

.•°°

I next extra cheering up, they no longer have my size and I've had a literal nightmare of an evening.

Flippin' heck, Princess. What's the nightmare? Or shall we move on?"

Flippin heck indeed i've been repeating wtf out loud and in my head for the past hour or two.

I need distraction what's your best fact and can it be a nice long one please.

over a year ago

.•°°

Nooooooo, I hate it when that happens!! What else has caused you to have a nightmare of an evening? "

Spontaneity turned sour, I thought I learnt my lesson last year.

over a year ago

North West

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10729179/Manchester-City-agree-terms-500-000-week-deal-sign-Erling-Haaland.html

Who????

Sorry in advance to football watchers just seem to never have heard of these people."

He's a Norwegian player

over a year ago

Flippin heck indeed i've been repeating wtf out loud and in my head for the past hour or two.

I need distraction what's your best fact and can it be a nice long one please. "

I don't have a go to fact. But I did sent Nero a video I really like the other day. I'm not sure if you'll like it. But I'm going to share it anyway.

https://youtu.be/9NKPMRkXLMo

over a year ago

" The online shopping wasn't terribly sexy - puncture proof tyres, red bearings and some gloves

Boooooooring.

Yep! Super boring

She is very imaginative. I wonder what she'd do with some puncture proof tyres, bearings and fingerless gloves?! "

Well, there's a few factors to consider here ... weight of bearings, size, and quantity.

A bit of rubber, especially curved can add a whole new layer. Sometime to bite upon, a tool to lead someone, and even leave your mark. And well, fingerless gloves ... they just add a bit of sass to the whole occasion. So yeah, that's where my mind went

I will leave those ponderings with you.

over a year ago

Who????

Sorry in advance to football watchers just seem to never have heard of these people."

Basically a footballer is joining a football club.

There's no need to apologise.

over a year ago

Evening

over a year ago

"Evening"

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Cassandra. Welcome to The late late nocturnal thread ©™. There's plenty of plonkers here. Smileyface

over a year ago

North West

" The online shopping wasn't terribly sexy - puncture proof tyres, red bearings and some gloves

Boooooooring.

Yep! Super boring

She is very imaginative. I wonder what she'd do with some puncture proof tyres, bearings and fingerless gloves?!

Well, there's a few factors to consider here ... weight of bearings, size, and quantity.

A bit of rubber, especially curved can add a whole new layer. Sometime to bite upon, a tool to lead someone, and even leave your mark. And well, fingerless gloves ... they just add a bit of sass to the whole occasion. So yeah, that's where my mind went

I will leave those ponderings with you."

Errrrrrr they're Bones Red 8mm caster bearings

over a year ago

Everyone say hello to Cassandra.

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

Evening Jim

Just getting myself back into the work mindset

It's not a bad thing I need to keep busy

over a year ago

"Evening Jim

Just getting myself back into the work mindset

It's not a bad thing I need to keep busy "

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Naughty. Routine can be a good thing for some.

over a year ago

.•°°

I don't have a go to fact. But I did sent Nero a video I really like the other day. I'm not sure if you'll like it. But I'm going to share it anyway.

https://youtu.be/9NKPMRkXLMo"

Fred seems like a swell guy, i wonder how many s he tried to pet.

over a year ago

I need a sit down-wee.

over a year ago

Nooooooo, I hate it when that happens!! What else has caused you to have a nightmare of an evening?

Spontaneity turned sour, I thought I learnt my lesson last year."

Oh that sucks, more so when it’s a situation that’s happened before

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/9NKPMRkXLMo

Fred seems like a swell guy, i wonder how many s he tried to pet."

I love Fred. I'd try and say hello to all the ducks if I had a coracle.

over a year ago

I'll be back.

https://youtu.be/-YEG9DgRHhA

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

Hello darlings!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Alreeeeet Jim, I'm sitting for a lass that lives downstairs for a few days

over a year ago

"Alreeeeet Jim, I'm sitting for a lass that lives downstairs for a few days "

Can we swap?

Got a couple of unruly dogs here demanding my constant attention.

over a year ago

North West

"Hello darlings! "

He's gone for a sit down wee

over a year ago

"Hello darlings! "

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Jamie darling. Have you been in the sea this year yet?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Alreeeeet Jim, I'm sitting for a lass that lives downstairs for a few days

Can we swap?

"

I've had 3 generations of Border Collies, but it's not feasible now cos I live in a top floor flat.

over a year ago

"Alreeeeet Jim, I'm sitting for a lass that lives downstairs for a few days "

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Ace. What's the cat's name?

Commiserations on Derby's relegation. The good news is, Derby will be playing Shrewsbury twice next season.

over a year ago

Can we swap?

"

You picked the wrong pets!

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"Hello darlings!

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Jamie darling. Have you been in the sea this year yet?"

Good Eeeevening Jim.

Just passing through, but it wouldn't be Courteous of me if I'd missed speaking!

How was your day?

over a year ago

"Hello darlings!

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Jamie darling. Have you been in the sea this year yet?

Good Eeeevening Jim.

Just passing through, but it wouldn't be Courteous of me if I'd missed speaking!

How was your day?

"

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Iain.

You're a good man.

A chilled Monday for me.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/04/22 23:35:34]

over a year ago

Twonk. ^

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"Hello darlings!

Good Eeeevening Jim.

How was your day?

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Iain.

You're a good man.

A chilled Monday for me. "

Good for you. A quiet one for me too!

over a year ago

He had a mellow Monday. ^

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

Yes I have been in the sea a lot this year. Have you? It’s very chilly and I lost my favourite thermos so I have to use the spare and I haven’t bonded with it enough

over a year ago

"Yes I have been in the sea a lot this year. Have you? It’s very chilly and I lost my favourite thermos so I have to use the spare and I haven’t bonded with it enough "

You must have a super duper wetsuit. Nah. You should take your flask out for coffee.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Commiserations on Derby's relegation. The good news is, Derby will be playing Shrewsbury twice next season."

She's called Poppy

Yeah, and we'll be playing F****t twice as well, Forest Green Rovers that is

over a year ago

Commiserations on Derby's relegation. The good news is, Derby will be playing Shrewsbury twice next season.

She's called Poppy

Yeah, and we'll be playing F****t twice as well, Forest Green Rovers that is "

over a year ago

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, .

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

"Yes I have been in the sea a lot this year. Have you? It’s very chilly and I lost my favourite thermos so I have to use the spare and I haven’t bonded with it enough

You must have a super duper wetsuit. Nah. You should take your flask out for coffee."

I don’t! I wish I could say I did but I am currently without wetsuit. I’ve been going in bareback, Jim.

I’m in the market for a new thermos. Also one of those poncho towels so when when I’m peeling myself out of a wet salty swimming costume and trying to shoehorn myself back into Jeans whilst trying to hold a towel around me, I can save some dignity.

over a year ago

North West

"Yes I have been in the sea a lot this year. Have you? It’s very chilly and I lost my favourite thermos so I have to use the spare and I haven’t bonded with it enough

You must have a super duper wetsuit. Nah. You should take your flask out for coffee.

I don’t! I wish I could say I did but I am currently without wetsuit. I’ve been going in bareback, Jim.

I’m in the market for a new thermos. Also one of those poncho towels so when when I’m peeling myself out of a wet salty swimming costume and trying to shoehorn myself back into Jeans whilst trying to hold a towel around me, I can save some dignity.

"

Jamie, why don't you take a lovely towelling robe to wear when you're trying to re-robe?

over a year ago

"

Blimey!

Poncho towels sound like fun.

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

Jamie, why don't you take a lovely towelling robe to wear when you're trying to re-robe?"

That is an excellent suggestion. Had I thought of that, I would have done just that. Instead, I’ve been pining over a poncho towel. A robe is much more fancy. I’m getting beach slippers too so when I’m sipping my hot drink in a robe I can have the finished look.

Excellent suggestion

over a year ago

It's the midnight hour.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"It's the midnight hour."

Correct.

over a year ago

North West

Jamie, why don't you take a lovely towelling robe to wear when you're trying to re-robe?

That is an excellent suggestion. Had I thought of that, I would have done just that. Instead, I’ve been pining over a poncho towel. A robe is much more fancy. I’m getting beach slippers too so when I’m sipping my hot drink in a robe I can have the finished look.

Excellent suggestion "

I just thought with a robe, you slip the swimsuit straps down (but can maintain decorum) then put on said robe, tie loosely then pull down the swimsuit and fasten more tightly. Then you can do the trouser dance with your vital statistics hidden

over a year ago

On this day 1943 Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann deliberately took LSD for the first time.

Groovy.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Nero, guess what.

You're tonight's ¹st poster!"

______.•°Good Evening JÏm, P€®SIS, KC², WILdåtHêart, RïkkeeeeeAv°n (he's our resident 'omniscient pantomath), Princess†Puddle(she's want BIGGER), LustTea-Liså, Çassandra²ØØØ (welcome), NØught-Tea's Butt-is-nice, Jamie(InMy)Pånts, ÅçeWinger, gEnGüy and Blue?ell.

KC²-may I suggest you raid last month's school tuck-shop takings for your new Prada Wheelchair? Problem sølved.

over a year ago

"It's the midnight hour.

Correct."

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Bluebell. Thank you for the confirmation. Happy Tuesday. Smileyface

over a year ago

"Nero, guess what.

______.•°Good Evening JÏm, P€®SIS, KC², WILdåtHêart, RïkkeeeeeAv°n (he's our resident 'omniscient pantomath), Princess†Puddle(she's want BIGGER), LustTea-Liså, Çassandra²ØØØ (welcome), NØught-Tea's Butt-is-nice, Jamie(InMy)Pånts, ÅçeWinger, gEnGüy and Blue?ell.

KC²-may I suggest you raid last month's school tuck-shop takings for your new Prada Wheelchair? Problem sølved. "

You're back!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"It's the midnight hour.

Correct.

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Bluebell. Thank you for the confirmation. Happy Tuesday. Smileyface"

Good evening to you too.x

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, ."

She's pushing out some zzzzz's on ma pillow at the moment, bless her

over a year ago

North West

"Nero, guess what.

KC²-may I suggest you raid last month's school tuck-shop takings for your new Prada Wheelchair? Problem sølved. "

I think you under estimate how much Swiss wheelchairs cost!

over a year ago

On this day 1882 we lost Charles Darwin.

Shrewsbury remembers Charles Darwin, fuckin' everywhere.

over a year ago

"It's the midnight hour.

Correct.

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Bluebell. Thank you for the confirmation. Happy Tuesday. Smileyface

Good evening to you too.x"

x

over a year ago

"Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, .

She's pushing out some zzzzz's on ma pillow at the moment, bless her "

Awww.

over a year ago

North West

"On this day 1882 we lost Charles Darwin.

Shrewsbury remembers Charles Darwin, fuckin' everywhere."

He had a spiffing beard

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

Excellent suggestion

I just thought with a robe, you slip the swimsuit straps down (but can maintain decorum) then put on said robe, tie loosely then pull down the swimsuit and fasten more tightly. Then you can do the trouser dance with your vital statistics hidden "

You’ve revolutionised beach days. I’ll be the talk of the beach!

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

Evening folks

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

He had a spiffing beard "

He burnt his beard from a spliff. Fact.

over a year ago

On this day 1927 actress Mae West was found guilty of “obscenity and corrupting the morals of youth” in a New York stage play entitled Sex. She was sentenced to ten days in prison and fined $500. But the resulting publicity did much to launch her Hollywood career and make her one of the highest paid people in the United States.

Born in 1893, Mary Jane "Mae" West started to perform in local theatre groups when she was just seven.

By the age of fourteen she was part of a vaudeville tour that performed across the country. Vaudeville was a popular theatrical show with several entertainers performing songs, dances and jokes.

She first trod the boards of Broadway in New York when she was eighteen and for the next fifteen years she sang and danced in both Broadway and vaudeville shows.

As well as performing she turned to writing and in 1926 began to write, produce, and star in her own plays on Broadway. In the first of these, Sex (1926), her performance as a prostitute created a sensation. It ran for several weeks before the guardians of morality in New York put a stop to it.

Garish posters proclaiming "Sex with Mae West" caused outrage among key religious and political figures as well as many members of the public. After several complaints she was arrested and the police closed the show.

She went on to write and star in another show, The Pleasure Man, that dealt with homosexuality, but which ran for only one performance before West was again arrested for obscenity. This time a jury could not agree on her guilt.

Another play, The Constant Sinner, was shut down after just two performances by the District Attorney.

Other Mae West plays were panned by critics but did well at the box office, drawing the attention of Hollywood executives. Despite being thirty eight years old, an age when most actresses start to wind down their careers, she was offered a contract by Paramount worth $5,000 a week, equivalent to about $80,000 today.

Crucially for West, it was agreed that she could re-write lines in the films, which would allow her to set the tone for her persona. In her first movie, Night After Night, a hat-check girl says to her: “Goodness, what beautiful diamonds.” To which West replies: “Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie.”

The slightly changed line, "Come up and see me some time," forever associated with Mae West, emerged from a 1933 film called, She Done Him Wrong in which she starred opposite a young Cary Grant in his first movie.

She is in love with Captain Cummings, played by Grant, and says to him: "You know, I always did like a man in a uniform. That one fits you grand. Why don't you come up some time and see me."

Nominated for a Best Picture Academy Award, the film was a box-office triumph and was said to have saved Paramount from bankruptcy. It grossed over $2 million, the equivalent of $140 million today.

Mae West's blunt sexuality made her both famous and notorious and despite her advancing age she quickly built a reputation as a daring sex symbol. Such was her success that within three years it was claimed she was the second highest paid person in the United States behind only newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst.

When in 1967 The Beatles asked permission to use a picture of West on the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover, the actress joked: "What would I be doing in a lonely hearts club?” But she agreed to the request.

Certainly, she was not short of money. When the management at her apartment building discriminated against William Jones, her African-American boxer boyfriend and barred his entry, West solved the problem simply by buying the building.

In August 1980, she was unable to speak after a fall. Tests revealed that she had suffered a stroke and Mae West died on November the 22nd that year. She was eighty seven.

Several of the 13 films she made have faded, some into obscurity, but her lines from them remain memorable, such as:

“There are no good girls gone wrong – just bad girls found out.”

“I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.”

“When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. ”

“Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.”

“I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.”

over a year ago

He had a spiffing beard "

He did.

over a year ago

"Evening folks "

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Tall Guy. When did you last cry?

By *all Guy 00Man
over a year ago

Dumfries

"Evening folks

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Tall Guy. When did you last cry?"

About 1 week ago

over a year ago

"Evening folks

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Tall Guy. When did you last cry?

About 1 week ago"

https://youtu.be/fC_q9KPczAg

over a year ago

North West

Excellent suggestion

I just thought with a robe, you slip the swimsuit straps down (but can maintain decorum) then put on said robe, tie loosely then pull down the swimsuit and fasten more tightly. Then you can do the trouser dance with your vital statistics hidden

You’ve revolutionised beach days. I’ll be the talk of the beach! "

Please get a jazzy one!

over a year ago

On this day 2011 Fidel Castro resigned from the Communist Party of Cuba's central committee after forty five years of holding the title.

over a year ago

North West

Mr KC is lying on the duvet. What is the correct course of action to release some for myself

over a year ago

On this day 1971 Charles Manson was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Sharon Tate.

over a year ago

"Mr KC is lying on the duvet. What is the correct course of action to release some for myself "

You'll have to put a robe on.

over a year ago

North West

"Mr KC is lying on the duvet. What is the correct course of action to release some for myself

You'll have to put a robe on."

I might have to! My right boob is getting cold

over a year ago

"Mr KC is lying on the duvet. What is the correct course of action to release some for myself

You'll have to put a robe on.

I might have to! My right boob is getting cold "

over a year ago

Anyone else wondering why Mrs KC's left boob isn't cold?

over a year ago

"Mr KC is lying on the duvet. What is the correct course of action to release some for myself "

Well you know when magicians take a tablecloth out from under a fully set table… not one thing moves

Try that… looks easy enough

over a year ago

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Serenit. Smileyface

over a year ago

North West

"Anyone else wondering why Mrs KC's left boob isn't cold?"

There's enough duvet for that one

over a year ago

"Anyone else wondering why Mrs KC's left boob isn't cold?

There's enough duvet for that one "

Ah.

over a year ago

On this day 2021 we lost Jim Steinman.

https://youtu.be/lcOxhH8N3Bo

over a year ago

North West

"On this day 2021 we lost Jim Steinman.

https://youtu.be/lcOxhH8N3Bo"

Hopefully he's in Paradise (by the Dashboard Light)

over a year ago

On this day 1992 we lost Frankie Howerd.

over a year ago

"On this day 2021 we lost Jim Steinman.

https://youtu.be/lcOxhH8N3Bo

Hopefully he's in Paradise (by the Dashboard Light) "

I do hope so.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Get into bed with me. Job done.

And on that note good night everyone. X

over a year ago

It's Eve Graham's birthday today. Happy birthday, Eve!

https://youtu.be/bx0UX3_aJCw

over a year ago

North West

It's bedtime for me, goodnight!

over a year ago

And on that note good night everyone. X"

Na night.

over a year ago

"It's bedtime for me, goodnight! "

Na night. x

over a year ago

Evening Jim, evening all. Nice to read everyone's updates on my way home from work. Pretty much takes up the whole journey. What a weekend!? I haven't stopped, London was partying hard. There were casualties, lots of them. Also lots of fun.

Loved the Mae West facts Jim. I always knew she was cool. I'd like to have bought her a drink.

over a year ago

"It's bedtime for me, goodnight! "

Every single time.

over a year ago

And on that note good night everyone. X"

Him and all.

over a year ago

"Evening Jim, evening all. Nice to read everyone's updates on my way home from work. Pretty much takes up the whole journey. What a weekend!? I haven't stopped, London was partying hard. There were casualties, lots of them. Also lots of fun.

Loved the Mae West facts Jim. I always knew she was cool. I'd like to have bought her a drink."

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Grey . Have people forgotten how to drink? Surely not.

Mae West was sassy.

over a year ago

"Evening Jim, evening all. Nice to read everyone's updates on my way home from work. Pretty much takes up the whole journey. What a weekend!? I haven't stopped, London was partying hard. There were casualties, lots of them. Also lots of fun.

Loved the Mae West facts Jim. I always knew she was cool. I'd like to have bought her a drink.

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Grey . Have people forgotten how to drink? Surely not.

Mae West was sassy."

I'm always appalled by people's inability to drink. I don't mind so much if they're young, 18 or 20. Grown humans who haven't learned their limits, just... why?

Anyway we had comedy and music and quiz and that. Lots of fun this weekend too, just long hours. How are you Jim?

over a year ago

Mae West was sassy.

I'm always appalled by people's inability to drink. I don't mind so much if they're young, 18 or 20. Grown humans who haven't learned their limits, just... why?

Anyway we had comedy and music and quiz and that. Lots of fun this weekend too, just long hours. How are you Jim?"

I couldn't agree more. Can you imagine the hangover of someone in their thirties or forties that have overdone it.

https://youtu.be/m-H0uIH5HHQ

I'm not too bad. Spring has well and truly sprung, which is always a good thing.

over a year ago

Mae West was sassy.

Anyway we had comedy and music and quiz and that. Lots of fun this weekend too, just long hours. How are you Jim?

I couldn't agree more. Can you imagine the hangover of someone in their thirties or forties that have overdone it.

https://youtu.be/m-H0uIH5HHQ

I'm not too bad. Spring has well and truly sprung, which is always a good thing. "

I may have had an inkling of one of those hangovers this morning, me and the team had a few after work.

A good summer would do us the world if good. Can you put a good word in for us Jim?

over a year ago

Also, let's not forget the grown up Jesus' input. We have him to thank for 4 day weekend.

over a year ago

Please give us a good summer, not a Cruel Summer '89 for goodness sakes.

over a year ago

"Also, let's not forget the grown up Jesus' input. We have him to thank for 4 day weekend. "

I bet Jesus doesn't do hangovers.

over a year ago

"Please give us a good summer, not a Cruel Summer '89 for goodness sakes."

"Leaving me here on my own.."

over a year ago

"Also, let's not forget the grown up Jesus' input. We have him to thank for 4 day weekend.

I bet Jesus doesn't do hangovers."

He does wine tho... this is known

By *rof. Brian cocksMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Anyone else in the bath?

over a year ago

Grey , I've just looked on the calendar. You've got St. George's Day on a Saturday. And another Bank Holiday not long after.

over a year ago

"Anyone else in the bath?"

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Brian. Welcome to The late late nocturnal thread ©™. I'm in the Shrewsbury. Smileyface

over a year ago

"Grey , I've just looked on the calendar. You've got St. George's Day on a Saturday. And another Bank Holiday not long after."

SE London pays little mind to George. Patrick on the other hand...

Bring on the Bank Holidays. We need more.

over a year ago

"Also, let's not forget the grown up Jesus' input. We have him to thank for 4 day weekend.

I bet Jesus doesn't do hangovers.

He does wine tho... this is known"

He probably drinks it in moderation, like a foreigner.

over a year ago

"Anyone else in the bath?"

Haven't had a bath in years. I miss having baths

By *rof. Brian cocksMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Anyone else in the bath?

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Brian. Welcome to The late late nocturnal thread ©™. I'm in the Shrewsbury. Smileyface"

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeevning Jim. I get that, you're like lightning!

over a year ago

"Grey , I've just looked on the calendar. You've got St. George's Day on a Saturday. And another Bank Holiday not long after.

Bring on the Bank Holidays. We need more. "

You'd think George would catch on. You know, in Brexit Britain.

We do. We should have June and July Bank Holidays.

By *rof. Brian cocksMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Haven't had a bath in years. I miss having baths"

Baths are more economical than my long showers so I made the switch!

over a year ago

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevening, Brian. Welcome to The late late nocturnal thread ©™. I'm in the Shrewsbury. Smileyface

Good eeeeeeeeeeeeevning Jim. I get that, you're like lightning! "

Haha. I'm not a bath fan. I just can't get comfortable in the bath.

over a year ago

"Grey , I've just looked on the calendar. You've got St. George's Day on a Saturday. And another Bank Holiday not long after.

We do. We should have June and July Bank Holidays."

I agree with all of these points. I imagine St George's day has a lot more impact in Georgia. They have 5 George crosses on their flag.

over a year ago

We do. We should have June and July Bank Holidays.

I agree with all of these points. I imagine St George's day has a lot more impact in Georgia. They have 5 George crosses on their flag."

Five, that's more than Easter.

over a year ago

More than the Beatles even...

over a year ago

"More than the Beatles even..."

(beatle)

over a year ago

"More than the Beatles even...

(beatle)

"

Wouldn't that be cool: A mop top emoji

over a year ago

"More than the Beatles even...

(beatle)

Wouldn't that be cool: A mop top emoji "

A mop top would be cool. I'm going to try again. Because you probably can't use the word Beatle. Here it goes. (moptop)

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/HDsCeC6f0zc

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Him and all. "

I can't believe I missed MøønGreyKittyÇat again!! He always turns up after I've turned in!

over a year ago

Him and all.

I can't believe I missed MøønGreyKittyÇat again!! He always turns up after I've turned in! "

Someone has to keep the city libated.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Him and all.

I can't believe I missed MøønGreyKittyÇat again!! He always turns up after I've turned in!

Someone has to keep the city libated."

Well, if you're still imbibing après-midnight I'll add you to my nightly name check in 'absentia'.

Post new Message to Thread