Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The bloody weather!

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I got up early (without the need to dump in the duvet) so I could get in and out of town quickly and get my nails done.

All the talk of snow and the heavy frost and ice covering the car I donned my chunky woolies, including scarf and hat...... was quite pleased I could wear my hat as it meant I didn't need to do my hair.

By the time I had parked the car and got out to the shops the bloody sun was roasting!

It is a glorious day though.......... even if I did sweat like a Turkish bath owner in a wooly hat.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I got up early (without the need to dump in the duvet) so I could get in and out of town quickly and get my nails done.

All the talk of snow and the heavy frost and ice covering the car I donned my chunky woolies, including scarf and hat...... was quite pleased I could wear my hat as it meant I didn't need to do my hair.

By the time I had parked the car and got out to the shops the bloody sun was roasting!

It is a glorious day though.......... even if I did sweat like a Turkish bath owner in a wooly hat."

I know! it's bleedin' impossible to get it right this time of year. Snows stopped here now and it does look beautiful out there

over a year ago

I have not got out of my bed clothes yet, and shall go back to bed after my brunch.

However, the sun was shining earlier when I let the dog out, and there was a hard frost in the garden, beautiful!

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

It's nice and sunny here too, but it's a bit nippy. I've been out in just a tee shirt and my nips were soon pointing like greyhounds snouts. I went back and put a light jumper on and everything is good.

It's a great day for a good walk and a pub lunch

over a year ago

Up here on the North East Riviera the Suns out but its still fur-fur-fook’in-bur-bur-bur-baltic……

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I've always said in this country you need to carry an umbrella and sunglasses to get it right. As for what to wear going out, at this time of year shops have their heating up so high I'm nearly fainting.

But then us British are good at moaning about the weather. I'm just glad its not still snowing!

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"Up here on the North East Riviera the Suns out but its still fur-fur-fook’in-bur-bur-bur-baltic…… "

For some reason I read this in the voice of Ronnie Barker in Open All Hours.

"G-G-G-Granville, help Nurse Gladys Emmanuel and carry fork handles t' car."

over a year ago

"Up here on the North East Riviera the Suns out but its still fur-fur-fook’in-bur-bur-bur-baltic……

For some reason I read this in the voice of Ronnie Barker in Open All Hours.

"G-G-G-Granville, help Nurse Gladys Emmanuel and carry fork handles t' car.""

Arkwright to G-G-Granville?

"How do you spell p-p-p-p-pepper? Is it six p's or seven?"

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

blue sky gentle breeze and sunshine here ..chilly tho

over a year ago

It's lovely, sunny and warm in Nottingham, which is just as well as I have an hour until my train. Just sitting and enjoying the rays

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Fucking baltic weather here...really cold..we went out for lunch then had a bit of a mooch in a couple of shops ..then came home. Sunny n blue skys but brrrrrrrr

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

really really cold here.....

love it

Post new Message to Thread