Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Would you move?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Finally after 6 years of hard work and saving i'm moving to Australia! The estate agent phoned me today and that's my house sold. My last 3 months in the uk, although I was born and raised here I never really felt like it was home.

Would you ever migrate?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 14/04/22 02:14:20]

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

"Finally after 6 years of hard work and saving i'm moving to Australia! The estate agent phoned me today and that's my house sold. My last 3 months in the uk, although I was born and raised here I never really felt like it was home.

"

Of course. I'm essentially a "Terran" from this planet. The planet is my home.

Some people have created imaginary and arbitrary borders, but I was not consulted on these. Yet somehow they apply to me ? And dictate laws upon me from ages past. Some of which I agree with, some of which I don't.

And said laws can change if I cross a make believe border. And people spilled blood for these borders.

Would I migrate ? Yes

Can I migrate ? No. Because laws exists which limit my complete freedom of movement.

I have less freedom to go where I like than any other animal in prehistoric times did.

All we have done is kill off our apex predators and imprison ourselves.

Humans are "house pets" of planet Earth.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah, given half the chance. I hate living in Britain.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

If I had my time again I would definitely have done it. I reckon I'd be a 90 day fiance in the USA.

Too late for me now.

over a year ago

"Finally after 6 years of hard work and saving i'm moving to Australia! The estate agent phoned me today and that's my house sold. My last 3 months in the uk, although I was born and raised here I never really felt like it was home.

Would you ever migrate? "

Best wishes to you always , l hope that everything works out for you

over a year ago

Probably not. A bit too long in the tooth to start over and have a good life here in the UK. Family, friends and work/business are all in UK or very nearby so going further afield would a huge reset. Not sure it would be worth it really.

Had the opportunity to buy a hotel on the Alps years ago before kids along but pass it up. Sometimes regret that, but vest la vie.

May take extended trips when retired, but don’f see a permeant move away on the cards.

Good luck to those that so and on your own move OP.

(mr)

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Probably not. A bit too long in the tooth to start over and have a good life here in the UK. Family, friends and work/business are all in UK or very nearby so going further afield would a huge reset. Not sure it would be worth it really.

Had the opportunity to buy a hotel on the Alps years ago before kids along but pass it up. Sometimes regret that, but vest la vie.

May take extended trips when retired, but don’f see a permeant move away on the cards.

Good luck to those that so and on your own move OP.

(mr)"

I was fortunate enough that my job was able to transfer me over and allow me to work in Australia. I was also worried about the move however i'm only 31 and have a long life ahead and plenty of time to restart. I visit my parents who are over there and the lifestyle and country are just something else, the UK just isn't where I want to be.

over a year ago

I would absolutely love to but I get homesick and I'd miss my parent too much

Super jealous of you, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

By *ubandsubCouple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

If i was 30 years younger, then yes, like a shot, this country is run by a self serving minority who only have a interest in whats in it for them and not for the good of all.

over a year ago

"If i was 30 years younger, then yes, like a shot, this country is run by a self serving minority who only have a interest in whats in it for them and not for the good of all. "

That does sound like most other countries on earth though. So where would you go? Scandinavia?

By *mjames00Man
over a year ago

S Gloucs

I did emigrate to France for 11 yrs. For me it was a mostly a wonderful experience, (the bit where the tax man kept on incorrectly raiding our bank account, was the only set back, and eventually did for me). I tried to learn and understand the local ways, even if it made a fool of myself, but this helped me make friends. The overriding thing I take away from the experience is that most people in the world are good people, they will help and explain, and not want you to fail. But there are some nasty pricks out there too, and the trick is learning to spot them. After 11 years, I had to return to the UK, grandchildren are a massive draw, and being almost bankrupted by an over bureaucratic tax system didn't help. Please Mr French tax man, can I have the €272,000 you stole from me back?

over a year ago

Sounds amazing, I’m sure you are gonna have a blast and it’s gonna be worth all the hard work

Personally I’ve moved about a lot from a very young age, so at the moment it doesn’t really appeal to me, moving to another country and start over.

Would it happen in the future?

Who knows maybe x

By *ighty_tightyMan
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

I've worked in and around Europe the last 20 years, spend half my life away from my "home".

With my job I could live anywhere and I choose to be were I am.

On the other hand, I could never emigrate. I've got too much stuff, I hate moving house, I'm an introvert, logistically it sounds a nightmare

over a year ago

Hope to do so. Good luck to you OP. Happy for you

By *orruptionandliesMan
over a year ago

leeds

Would have pre covid not so sure now about moving to oz, still trying to relocate to Cornwall

over a year ago

I loved it in Australia, would of moved there if didn't have so many ties here.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

When it's time for retirement yes I am

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Yes. I hate the UK.

over a year ago

Unlikely unless its to live at sea thats something iv always wanted to do but il never be rich enough

By *D of funCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

No place like home...

over a year ago

I don’t like the UK for the most part so I’d love to be in a position to move to another country. I want to go to Italy.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

How are you finding Guatemala ?

over a year ago

"How are you finding Guatemala ?"

It looks too much like Stoke

Post new Message to Thread