Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

google chrome help

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Every time i click a button within a browser page it opens up a new tab rather than reloads the current page.

Any ideas how to stop this because its very frustrating?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some links on pages will be set up to do this anyway, so it's not really the fault of the browser.

Try right clicking, not sure if the option is there, but the option to open as a new tab or new window is so you might find something

By *ustme66Woman
over a year ago

tameside

delete it and use firefox it's crap .... either that or look in the tools bit at the top of the page x

over a year ago

Hi, yes you need to go to the options, somewhere in there is an "open links in a new tab" checkbox, not 100% sure as i rarely use chrome now, but have a poke around the options n you'll find it. xxx

over a year ago

Oh i was told chrome was the best. its a new laptop and i just trust the guys at pc world lol

over a year ago

"Oh i was told chrome was the best. its a new laptop and i just trust the guys at pc world lol"

Mistake number 1, never trust pc world you need M only he can you trust lol

over a year ago

"Every time i click a button within a browser page it opens up a new tab rather than reloads the current page.

Any ideas how to stop this because its very frustrating?"

Download the Chrome Toolbox extension, click on options and uncheck the tab box that forces open link in new tab.

The extension can be found here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-toolbox-by-google/fjccknnhdnkbanjilpjddjhmkghmachn

HTH xxx

over a year ago

lol, NEVER trust the guys at pc world! pm me if you need a hand with anything, ill see what i can do xxx

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I need to right click to open links in a new tab. Could your mouse be configured the opposite way round??

over a year ago

"Oh i was told chrome was the best. its a new laptop and i just trust the guys at pc world lol"

Chrome is the best, Firefox constantly needs updating, crashes loads

over a year ago

"Oh i was told chrome was the best. its a new laptop and i just trust the guys at pc world lol

Mistake number 1, never trust pc world you need M only he can you trust lol "

Chrome & Firefox are superior to IE6 in my opinion. Less targeted attacks by malware and updated quicker. Open source means that new features and extensions can be produced by the community.

over a year ago

Totally agree, but the IE9 beta is very impressive. All we need is cross browser HTML 5 and full CSS 3 support and the web will be a very beautiful place!

By *ustme66Woman
over a year ago

tameside

my mum trusted pc world when she took her spanish computer in there for them to change it to english .... they told her it wasn't possible and she needed to buy a new one off them .... cross ... me .... never .... b******s

over a year ago

thanks all for the tips.. its sorted now

Post new Message to Thread