Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Snowflakes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I keep seeing it on the internet in movies tv what the hell does it mean and if its supposed to be an insult which im kind of getting that it is its shite nursery age kids come up with better oh i dunno makes less n less sense to me maybe i should just google it i dunno just dont get it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issEmmWoman
over a year ago

Bournemouth

I think it’s a term for people that are very easily offended by a lot of things

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

It's a term used by Daily Mail reader type people to insult people they believe are easily offended by their right wing views. The irony of course is that it is they who are the easily offended. The term is generally thrown at students, young people in general, people with liberal or left wing views. The Daily Mail comments are a glorious selection of outraged boomers complaining about upset snowflakes. Best to take it as a compliment, a bit like being called 'woke'.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

It’s basically “I disagree but can’t be bothered to make my point so your a snowflake”

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/04/22 21:42:39]

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

They’re everywhere man.

over a year ago

Its all a bit childish who would get upset about being called a snowflake its like calling someone a dishcloth or a curtain rail

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's the perpetually offended on behalf of others ...but at the slightest perceived injustice ... Not do much woke but sleepwalking into an abyss of complete tosh..

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

It's a term that offended people try to use against (generally younger) people in an attempt to invalidate the second's genuine concerns... usually because the first is feeling attacked for causing said concern.

LvM

over a year ago

I can just imagine the next ufc event john bones jones rocks up at the press conference come on lets go raindrop the other guy would be like huh ow erm kay when do we start the pillow fight

over a year ago

I like being called a snowflake. When people resort to name calling, I know I've won the argument. Also snowflakes are incredible. How can it be an insult? It's a rubbish insult usually by rubbish people.

over a year ago

"It's a term used by Daily Mail reader type people to insult people they believe are easily offended by their right wing views. The irony of course is that it is they who are the easily offended. The term is generally thrown at students, young people in general, people with liberal or left wing views. The Daily Mail comments are a glorious selection of outraged boomers complaining about upset snowflakes. Best to take it as a compliment, a bit like being called 'woke'."

Could not have put it better myself.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"It's a term used by Daily Mail reader type people to insult people they believe are easily offended by their right wing views. The irony of course is that it is they who are the easily offended. The term is generally thrown at students, young people in general, people with liberal or left wing views. The Daily Mail comments are a glorious selection of outraged boomers complaining about upset snowflakes. Best to take it as a compliment, a bit like being called 'woke'."

I think it's more of an observation than an intended insult..

over a year ago

"I can just imagine the next ufc event john bones jones rocks up at the press conference come on lets go raindrop the other guy would be like huh ow erm kay when do we start the pillow fight "
disclaimer i stopped watching ufc iv no idea if he still fights

over a year ago

Thanks for the explanations guys n gals as suspected its nonsense

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Check out the Godwin Rule to see how words like nazi and Hitler and in more recent times snowflake are used when an argument is lost.

over a year ago

"It’s basically “I disagree but can’t be bothered to make my point so your a snowflake”"

Lol. I like this definition.

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

"It's a term used by Daily Mail reader type people to insult people they believe are easily offended by their right wing views. The irony of course is that it is they who are the easily offended. The term is generally thrown at students, young people in general, people with liberal or left wing views. The Daily Mail comments are a glorious selection of outraged boomers complaining about upset snowflakes. Best to take it as a compliment, a bit like being called 'woke'.

I think it's more of an observation than an intended insult.. "

No, it's generally used as an insult.

over a year ago

"Its all a bit childish who would get upset about being called a snowflake its like calling someone a dishcloth or a curtain rail "

Sheeple

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

It’s a useful indicator allowing you to freely disregard the views of anyone who uses it to describe others.

By *lixir of lifeMan
over a year ago

knob Creek

I do think there should be a name for the offended at everything people..

But I agree op snowflake is a shite insult ..

over a year ago

Each snowflake is unique!

over a year ago

over a year ago

"Each snowflake is unique!"
good way of thinking i remember making them at school out of paper ended up looking like doilies

By *reamblueMan
over a year ago

London

"It's a term used by Daily Mail reader type people to insult people they believe are easily offended by their right wing views. The irony of course is that it is they who are the easily offended. The term is generally thrown at students, young people in general, people with liberal or left wing views. The Daily Mail comments are a glorious selection of outraged boomers complaining about upset snowflakes. Best to take it as a compliment, a bit like being called 'woke'.

It's almost certainly an insult

over a year ago

Like Gammon.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s a useful indicator allowing you to freely disregard the views of anyone who uses it to describe others."

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

It seems to be banded around at my place of work lately, rightly or wrongly , usually aimed at people who melt rather than stepping up to the job in hand.

Not sure that this is an official definition, just my observation.

over a year ago

It’s like the left like using gammon think it will offend only words and words don’t hurt otherwise they are a snowflake

over a year ago

I always thought it was a reference to being fragile in general.

By *nselfishpleaserMan
over a year ago

kent

Snowflake" is a derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. The term gained prominence in the 2010s.

Thank you Google

over a year ago

"It’s like the left like using gammon think it will offend only words and words don’t hurt otherwise they are a snowflake "

English please?

over a year ago

Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

over a year ago

"Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

"

I was actually referring to the sentence above which barely follows what i terms as English

over a year ago

"Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

I was actually referring to the sentence above which barely follows what i terms as English"

I think he was basically saying that the lefties call the righties gammon but sticks and stones and all that.

over a year ago

I was actually referring to the sentence above which barely follows what i terms as English

I think he was basically saying that the lefties call the righties gammon but sticks and stones and all that. "

ok

over a year ago

"Its all a bit childish who would get upset about being called a snowflake its like calling someone a dishcloth or a curtain rail "

Snowflakes would

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Exactly this

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I like being called a snowflake. When people resort to name calling, I know I've won the argument. Also snowflakes are incredible. How can it be an insult? It's a rubbish insult usually by rubbish people. "

Exactly this! Another snowflake here x

By *appycouple300Couple
over a year ago

North Dorset

[Removed by poster at 12/04/22 06:44:14]

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

The internet is full of opinions and very little truths. Nelson Mandela.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I think most people call them melts these days

over a year ago

I’m ill, so I’ve copied this from the internet, but this says it well.

If we're really being honest, I've never understood why someone decided to vilify people for being empathetic. Isn't caring about others a good thing? Isn't it important, as people, to grow and evolve enough to see the scope of the world outside of yourself? If there weren't people in the world who cared about others, the world would be a much worse place. Maybe the "snowflakes" have to care extra to make up for the lack of empathy embraced by those choosing to use "snowflakes" as an insult.

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
over a year ago

hexham

"It seems to be banded around at my place of work lately, rightly or wrongly , usually aimed at people who melt rather than stepping up to the job in hand.

Not sure that this is an official definition, just my observation. "

I always took the term to be used in this context too.

Not so much someone who disagrees with your point of view but rather someone who “melts” when confronted with anything challenging

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I’m ill, so I’ve copied this from the internet, but this says it well.

If we're really being honest, I've never understood why someone decided to vilify people for being empathetic. Isn't caring about others a good thing? Isn't it important, as people, to grow and evolve enough to see the scope of the world outside of yourself? If there weren't people in the world who cared about others, the world would be a much worse place. Maybe the "snowflakes" have to care extra to make up for the lack of empathy embraced by those choosing to use "snowflakes" as an insult.

"

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
over a year ago

hexham

"Snowflake" is a derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. The term gained prominence in the 2010s.

Thank you Google"

Ooh this is a much broader definition. I feel I have been educated. Thank you, it is nice to still be learning new things

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

This is it.

People with right wing views and Daily Mail readers use it against people who stand up to racism, homophobia etc.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m ill, so I’ve copied this from the internet, but this says it well.

"

In the face of confrontation when displaying your values, continuing to display your values is the opposite of weakness, I think.

If people want to paint it as weakness... Shrug. Whatever turns them on.

By *he_massangerMan
over a year ago

Stornoway

You sir, are spot on.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s not so much tge word, the insult or the childishness of it. It’s more about the way it’s used here

New word! Everyone uses it regardless of knowing it’s meaning

It’s a frozen ice particle and let’s leave it as such

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

We see it as a term used for people who are offended by absolutely everything, the sort who phone Ofcom if a naughty word is used minute before the watershed.

Possibly our worst type of people to meet though pretty rare in the swinging community from our experience.

By *ersiantugMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Snowflakes are obviously beautiful things. Every one is individually different!

I think the idea here though is that they melt immediately under any kind of heat

By *hatty GuyMan
over a year ago

The Borough of St Peter

1 snowflake is harmless, millions make a blizzard

It's usually said by someone who is ironically, the very thing they've just called somebody. See Piers Morgan flouncing of GMTV or whateveritscalled because someone didn't agree with his bile

By *he_massangerMan
over a year ago

Stornoway

"1 snowflake is harmless, millions make a blizzard

It's usually said by someone who is ironically, the very thing they've just called somebody. See Piers Morgan flouncing of GMTV or whateveritscalled because someone didn't agree with his bile"

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

All snowflakes are individual and very beautiful, when you look closely at them. I like this

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Same as calling people "Karen"

over a year ago

"Same as calling people "Karen" "

Or Dave

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Same as calling people "Karen" "

That’s just ridiculous

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Same as calling people "Karen"

That’s just ridiculous "

I just don't get it

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

This is it.

People with right wing views and Daily Mail readers use it against people who stand up to racism, homophobia etc."

Seconded. And in that sense I would, in some not all situations, describe myself as a snowflake

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Same as calling people "Karen"

That’s just ridiculous

I just don't get it "

Me neither.

over a year ago

Plenty of them in the forums.

over a year ago

Don't like the term snowflake as they are all unique and pretty, I prefer the term mindless sheep or cunts!

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I can’t stand all these stupid new words and I don’t use them either

over a year ago

Spot on

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I got called a snowflake on face book today! I thanked him as I think snowflakes are lovely! Happy to b called one! Same as a do gooder! Wouldn't want to b a do Bader! And if they call me a karen I tell them they confusing me for my sister as that's her name! Tbh I find all those terms amusing x

over a year ago

Is this word even in the dictionary?

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Labels.. We need to label everything, that way we know who is in, or out of our gang. Labelling can also provide a power trip.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Is this word even in the dictionary? "

It is!

Cambridge Dictionary:

"a small piece of snow that falls from the sky. Snowflakes are sometimes represented as six-sided crystals on Christmas cards, decorations, etc."

over a year ago

"Is this word even in the dictionary?

It is!

Cambridge Dictionary:

"a small piece of snow that falls from the sky. Snowflakes are sometimes represented as six-sided crystals on Christmas cards, decorations, etc."

"

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

No, it's generally used as an insult. "

A snowflake is some who wish for everything they do not like to be banned restricted or removed many snowflake would have this site closed you do not need to be left or right just judgemental and intolerant.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

No, it's generally used as an insult.

A snowflake is some who wish for everything they do not like to be banned restricted or removed many snowflake would have this site closed you do not need to be left or right just judgemental and intolerant."

Pretty much sums it up..

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I got called a snowflake on face book today! I thanked him as I think snowflakes are lovely! Happy to b called one! Same as a do gooder! Wouldn't want to b a do Bader! And if they call me a karen I tell them they confusing me for my sister as that's her name! Tbh I find all those terms amusing x"

It's a bit like virtue signalling.

The people who say it never like to be told they're vice signalling

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I got called a snowflake on face book today! I thanked him as I think snowflakes are lovely! Happy to b called one! Same as a do gooder! Wouldn't want to b a do Bader! And if they call me a karen I tell them they confusing me for my sister as that's her name! Tbh I find all those terms amusing x

It's a bit like virtue signalling.

The people who say it never like to be told they're vice signalling "

x

over a year ago

"I got called a snowflake on face book today! I thanked him as I think snowflakes are lovely! Happy to b called one! Same as a do gooder! Wouldn't want to b a do Bader! And if they call me a karen I tell them they confusing me for my sister as that's her name! Tbh I find all those terms amusing x"
who is karen

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Delicates. Can’t differentiate between robust humour and genuine prejudice. Ooh pass the smelling salts..

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I got called a snowflake on face book today! I thanked him as I think snowflakes are lovely! Happy to b called one! Same as a do gooder! Wouldn't want to b a do Bader! And if they call me a karen I tell them they confusing me for my sister as that's her name! Tbh I find all those terms amusing xwho is karen"

My sister x

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Delicates. Can’t differentiate between robust humour and genuine prejudice. Ooh pass the smelling salts.."

That's what it used to be years ago.

Post new Message to Thread