Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The MOST important diet hack.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I watched coach greggs latest video and it was fun as he was talking about dieting with another one in an interview, here it is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzm9aEbd-4Y

The home take message was that the most important thing was that diets shouldnt be boring and it doesnt have to be that, which I totally agree with, what do you think about that? Also that it should be sustainable in the long run, which is the key, a diet should feel like you are not dieting

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes food shouldn’t be boring and switching it up keeps it interesting.

Diet is often about weight loss but it is in fact everything we consume

over a year ago

Don’t eat as much x

over a year ago

I put on 2 stone with peri menopause….

Eating less and moving more - the only ‘hack’ there is. It’s slowly coming off, it used to come off quicker before age and hormones got in the way!!

over a year ago

Coach Greggs sounds like my kind of diet.

over a year ago

My biggest hack, is to not even use the word diet.

I’ve simply changed the way I eat.

I still eat all of the things I did before, just in smaller amounts. I don’t exclude anything from what I eat.

A 10 stone loss suggests I’ve doing something right.

over a year ago

Bloody hell, 10 stone. Well done.

over a year ago

"My biggest hack, is to not even use the word diet.

I still eat all of the things I did before, just in smaller amounts. I don’t exclude anything from what I eat.

A 10 stone loss suggests I’ve doing something right. "

That’s amazing !!!!

over a year ago

Thank you, it’s been hard at times, but I’ve got a good coach that I can always lean on when I need a word or two of encouragement.

over a year ago

"Thank you, it’s been hard at times, but I’ve got a good coach that I can always lean on when I need a word or two of encouragement. "

Care to share this guru

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

That’s amazing !!!!"

Yes, well done, that is amazing too

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Is that what happened to the missing 5 inches off your cock?

over a year ago

I was talking to a friend about this at the weekend. We all eat way more than we need to, we’re conditioned to think we need massive platefuls, and to snack all the time, and most of us don’t.

over a year ago

Is that what happened to the missing 5 inches off your cock?"

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

As someone who has been a lot bigger and much slimmer than I am now, and currently in the process of loosing weight again.

My biggest hack is not to listen to a million one experts or listen to "experts" who haven't been in your shoes. If they haven't had eating disorders for example how can they understand what help you need?

Most of us know eat less move more, it's the understanding why we struggle with that that is important. For me it's sorting my own mental health and the body will follow gradually.

By *ocusMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

I did 4:3 fasting a few years ago and lost about 2 stone. The biggest thing I learned from it was that I didn’t need to eat as much as I thought I did to feel full.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I put on 2 stone with peri menopause….

"

Is that new on the Nandos menu?

over a year ago

"I was talking to a friend about this at the weekend. We all eat way more than we need to, we’re conditioned to think we need massive platefuls, and to snack all the time, and most of us don’t."

That’s a good point

over a year ago

Is that new on the Nandos menu? "

1,434 Retweets 2,475 Likes

over a year ago

I had three bubblegum milkshakes over the weekend... Daddy barred me from having anymore

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Eating less and moving more - the only ‘hack’ there is. It’s slowly coming off, it used to come off quicker before age and hormones got in the way!! "

Yes and that is the only hack as well, there are different strategies one can use too, like calorie cycling where I focus on the weekly calories rather than the daily ones

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I had three bubblegum milkshakes over the weekend... Daddy barred me from having anymore "

But were you good and listened to him?

over a year ago

"I had three bubblegum milkshakes over the weekend... Daddy barred me from having anymore

But were you good and listened to him? "

I didn't realise he changed our route so we didn't walk past the shop

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I had three bubblegum milkshakes over the weekend... Daddy barred me from having anymore

I didn't realise he changed our route so we didn't walk past the shop "

Sneeky one your Daddy is

over a year ago

I didn't realise he changed our route so we didn't walk past the shop

Sneeky one your Daddy is "

clearly

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

"I watched coach greggs latest video and it was fun as he was talking about dieting with another one in an interview, here it is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzm9aEbd-4Y

The home take message was that the most important thing was that diets shouldnt be boring and it doesnt have to be that, which I totally agree with, what do you think about that? Also that it should be sustainable in the long run, which is the key, a diet should feel like you are not dieting "

Yes and no for us.

I (mr) will quite happily set my food out for months and stick to the same meals every day. I just get in the right mindset and that works fine for me.

The Mrs on the other hand likes to have variety as much as possible with her food.

Our own plans have worked well for each of us

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/04/22 12:43:45]

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Yes food shouldn’t be boring and switching it up keeps it interesting.

Diet is often about weight loss but it is in fact everything we consume"

That is right and yes, food should be fun so to speak and interesting too

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

Calories in...Calories out...

That's the only "hack" you need

over a year ago

Problem i have is 90% of fruit n veg i end up filling up on bread if i were to cut my bread out or down id probly eat into that fat% i been fighting with but theres nothing i like that can replace it

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"Calories in...Calories out...

That's the only "hack" you need "

But this doesn't always work. I was on a calorie deficit for weeks and didn't loose a single pound. It was absolutely soul destroying

over a year ago

"I had three bubblegum milkshakes over the weekend... Daddy barred me from having anymore "

That made me laugh

By *ld StrumpetWoman
over a year ago

Telford

THIS!!! Ditching the word diet and thinking of it as a healthier lifestyle. Because soon as you stop a diet you will go backwards where as the committed long term outlook is far better without missing out

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Blimey. Well done you. That's a huge amount to have lost.

over a year ago

Blimey. Well done you. That's a huge amount to have lost."

Thank you.

over a year ago

I lost 3 stone in a year, just by eating clean - not dieting - and continuing to work out for a minimum of 30 mins every day, high cardiovascular workouts.

For me, eating clean meant not eating biscuits and cake!

over a year ago

And we’ll done, OP! 10 stone?! Wow.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Exactly, but most people don’t like themselves enough to eat properly so look for some artificial motivation of hacks. Maybe your own diet included Shag, when the abs start to be not so important to you, what will stop you having the cake ?

over a year ago

Intermittent fasting.

Really easy, eat what you want in evening.

Eat less!

over a year ago

That made me laugh "

I took a photo for you but forgot to send it

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"And we’ll done, OP! 10 stone?! Wow. "
It wasnt me. I congratulated another person who lost that.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Exactly, but most people don’t like themselves enough to eat properly so look for some artificial motivation of hacks. Maybe your own diet included Shag, when the abs start to be not so important to you, what will stop you having the cake ?"
Having abs for me are always important and yes. I have cake in my diet, but a small bit of it, it is all about calories in v out too

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Exactly, but most people don’t like themselves enough to eat properly so look for some artificial motivation of hacks. Maybe your own diet included Shag, when the abs start to be not so important to you, what will stop you having the cake ?Having abs for me are always important and yes. I have cake in my diet, but a small bit of it, it is all about calories in v out too "
For example I have ice cream everyday in my diet. I have allocated a certain number of calories for it to be included there

over a year ago

I think just simply reducing the portion size of what you eat is the most basic way. I do think the portion sizes are a lot bigger in recent years - went to a restaurant Friday night and the chips that came with it could have easily fed four people…

Along with cutting the snacks and watching your sugar intake.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Just have a slice of cake for lunch instead of a sandwich.

over a year ago

That made me laugh

I took a photo for you but forgot to send it "

Oooo you devil! I forgot to take a picture of the Arancini we had I think you would have enjoyed that

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Yes!

Set point weight, intuitive eating and not dieting is the way forward

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Hi op.

I’m on a ‘diet’ at the moment that isn’t in effect a diet. The scales broke weeks ago and - as my already slim and healthy teenage daughter has developed an obsession with how much she weighs - I deliberately haven’t replaced them.

Instead I’m focused on heating healthily, slightly reducing portion sizes, cutting down (though not completely stopping) treats and alcohol and exercising daily.

I’ve no idea what I weigh - but I can see an improvement in the mirror and I feel better for it.

over a year ago

A diet that feels like I'm not dieting is me eating what and how much I want, which isn't conducive to me losing weight. I cannot eat the cakes crisps and chocolate in moderation, I'm a binge and secret eater so for me to lose weight I have to deprive myself of those things I love, which for the past 2 years I've not been able to do as I'm not in the right frame of mind.

over a year ago

An interesting hack... Don't measure calories ... Measure moods

If you feel tired, hungry, groggy etc after certain foods, cut these out first. They may actually be easier to cut too if you see the connection.

A moment on the lips, an hour in the pits.

Warning: You may end up going off the booze !

over a year ago

It’s not about being good or bad

over a year ago

"Problem i have is 90% of fruit n veg i end up filling up on bread if i were to cut my bread out or down id probly eat into that fat% i been fighting with but theres nothing i like that can replace it"

Then it’s not working for you.

Do you have protein?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Hi op.

I’m on a ‘diet’ at the moment that isn’t in effect a diet. The scales broke weeks ago and - as my already slim and healthy teenage daughter has developed an obsession with how much she weighs - I deliberately haven’t replaced them.

Instead I’m focused on heating healthily, slightly reducing portion sizes, cutting down (though not completely stopping) treats and alcohol and exercising daily.

I’ve no idea what I weigh - but I can see an improvement in the mirror and I feel better for it. "

That's really good to read.

I'm currently adopting a similar approach after bemoaning to a beautiful friend about my weight loss plateauing (following the initial substantial weight loss). Not seeing it as a diet but more a better way of living, enjoying eating healthy and incorporating exercise that I enjoy is working for me. It's not going to be an overnight miracle but I can see the difference in my face, my legs, my waist has gone down so my boobs are looking even more ginormous... I'm happy with slow and steady and ensuring my mental health is in a good place as I do it.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/04/22 21:03:44]

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Hi op.

I’ve no idea what I weigh - but I can see an improvement in the mirror and I feel better for it.

I'm currently adopting a similar approach after bemoaning to a beautiful friend about my weight loss plateauing (following the initial substantial weight loss). Not seeing it as a diet but more a better way of living, enjoying eating healthy and incorporating exercise that I enjoy is working for me. It's not going to be an overnight miracle but I can see the difference in my face, my legs, my waist has gone down so my boobs are looking even more ginormous... I'm happy with slow and steady and ensuring my mental health is in a good place as I do it. "

Hi, that is good going for both of you. I dont weigh myself either, instead my abs are the indicators, if I dont see the details in them it is time to eat less and train harder and they will come back after a month time and as well I am measuring the muscles every now and again to make sure that I dont lose size

over a year ago

"Problem i have is 90% of fruit n veg i end up filling up on bread if i were to cut my bread out or down id probly eat into that fat% i been fighting with but theres nothing i like that can replace it

Then it’s not working for you.

Do you have protein?"

I'd also add what type of bread, and how do you eat it?

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Ladies: whenever you feel like snacking, give your man a blow job instead. You'll work up a calorie deficit in the process and the bonus protein will help you build muscle that will raise your resting metabolic rate

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Hi op.

I'm currently adopting a similar approach after bemoaning to a beautiful friend about my weight loss plateauing (following the initial substantial weight loss). Not seeing it as a diet but more a better way of living, enjoying eating healthy and incorporating exercise that I enjoy is working for me. It's not going to be an overnight miracle but I can see the difference in my face, my legs, my waist has gone down so my boobs are looking even more ginormous... I'm happy with slow and steady and ensuring my mental health is in a good place as I do it. "

Absolutely my lovely. I used to be obsessed with weighing myself when dieting - great on the days when I showed a loss - but incredibly demoralising when I stuck or showed a gain.

As I’m now only focused on how I look and feel I’ve realised that how much I weigh is unimportant to me. At my age I need to be in it for the long haul anyway - I don’t want to be an ‘armchair granny’ if any grandchildren come along.

I’m glad your lifestyle is working for you too!

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I struggled with my weight for many years, mainly down to mental health until I was deemed a suitable candidate for bariatric surgery about 16 years ago. I lost 10st overall & in the last 3 years have undergone 6 different skin removal surgeries to tidy up the mess left behind. I feel bad for those who struggle- I remember how horrible it was

over a year ago

I think the word diet should be dropped, it should be about an overall change in lifestyle.

Anyway, if I'm dropping weight for competition or as I am now maintaining weight I'm always ravenous, even on 3200 calories a day

Keeping hunger at bay is the key.

I follow the below

Light breakfast, high in protein, minimal carbs.

Dont eat again until ~1pm, most people find fasting in the morning easier than at night.

Keep protein high as it keeps you fuller for longer.

High volume foods low in calories to fill out meals, riced cauliflower/brocolli, courgette spaghetti, egg whites etc. Massive portions for very few calories.

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"Calories in...Calories out...

That's the only "hack" you need "

Nope.

If you are in a consistent calorie deficit you can lose weight consuming nothing but Mars bars and cola.

If you are in a consistent calorie surplus you can gain adipose tissue (fat) with a diet full of high quality clean food.

Not all calories are equal. And even a calorie is an almost nonsensical way of determining energy value as it has no correlation to how our body works.

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"I think the word diet should be dropped, it should be about an overall change in lifestyle.

"

This.

over a year ago

I love the Greggs diet, their sausage rolls are to die for.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Losing weight should generally be forever, so the plan should be lifelong, not a quick fix in isolation. For something to be lifelong, it has to be enjoyable and interesting, otherwise we will rebel and not be 100% committed.

Just follow a system that is right for you and has solid, credible evidence behind it.

over a year ago

"Don’t eat as much x "

Rubbish, you need to eat all the foods that fill you up but the body can also use quickly so it doesn’t get stored as fat. There are loads of “free” foods out there that you can eat as much as you want, but the real calorific food you need to eat eat less of. This means piling your plate high with the fibrous foods (mainly veg) some protein and less carbs. Divide your plate into 3 sections, half for veg, a quarter for protein and another quarter for carbs, or simply omit the carbs.

I’d eat rice over pasta and potatoes, but can equally not eat any carbs at all.

In all honesty I think the best diet out there is Slimming World, their recipes are amazing

over a year ago

"I think the word diet should be dropped, it should be about an overall change in lifestyle.

This. "

A "Diet" is anything you make it.

Should not be dropped as a term just because people have a high fat unhealthy "diet" and therefore get fat.

We all know how to follow a healthy "diet" but often choose not to follow. Me included.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Post new Message to Thread