Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Doctors appointments

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

In two weeks you wont be able to book an appointment with a doctor at my surgery. You will speak to a receptionist and they will put you on the doctors call back list. The doctor will then ring you, talk to you and see if you need to go and see him.

You will phone up for everything on the dday, for example if you was a woman ringing to book your post natal check up, you wouldnt book it in advance but would ring on the day and get seen.

I was a bit apprehensive when i heard about this, but im not apposed to the idea. The receptions will be working all day so they wont need to be an onflux of calls at 8.30, people will be staggered through out the day.

Has anyone else's medical practice started doing this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

That is quite a common practice these days

over a year ago

"That is quite a common practice these days"

Oh we are behind the times then lol, thought we where just having a new system tried out on us

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"In two weeks you wont be able to book an appointment with a doctor at my surgery. You will speak to a receptionist and they will put you on the doctors call back list. The doctor will then ring you, talk to you and see if you need to go and see him.

You will phone up for everything on the dday, for example if you was a woman ringing to book your post natal check up, you wouldnt book it in advance but would ring on the day and get seen.

I was a bit apprehensive when i heard about this, but im not apposed to the idea. The receptions will be working all day so they wont need to be an onflux of calls at 8.30, people will be staggered through out the day.

Has anyone else's medical practice started doing this"

Not only that but our surgery is an 0845 number you ring and have to hold so they cost ticks over while you wait .. I now will only go to surgery and speak to someone. cheeky sods

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We still get appointments. Not sure if it will make it easier on the doctors or not. Suppose they can screen the hypochondriacs out.

By *john121Man
over a year ago

staffs

"We still get appointments. Not sure if it will make it easier on the doctors or not. Suppose they can screen the hypochondriacs out. "

Appts on the day and call back at mine

over a year ago

"We still get appointments. Not sure if it will make it easier on the doctors or not. Suppose they can screen the hypochondriacs out. "

Well my mum was saying (shes senior receptionist) that it will be easier on them but much harder for the doctors. I personally think it might screen out the wanna be ill's

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Our surgery has been doing this but you can still make appointments too

It can work well,Rob was really impressed when he got a call back and the Dr just left out a prescription for him after his phone consultation

My only concern is that the Dr is'nt actually seeing the patient and thats vital in some cases,one person may think they need to be seen for something minor that can be dealt with over the phone when in fact there is something major going on that could be missed without a proper examination

I can't imagine being able to do my job properly without physically having contact with people

over a year ago

My surgery is still appointments plus a walk in clinic, it can take up to a week to get an appointment sometimes which is pretty frustrating.

I often use the 'phone back consultation' if it's a problem I'm familiar with so that the doc can leave a prescription at the counter for me.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

with mine, simply getting past the intimate and personal questions the reception have to ask devoids you of making any appointment as they have diagnosed you before even the word appointment is uttered

They are unbelievably rubbish and I need to change mine

over a year ago

My surgery is a ring the same day, it normally takes for ever to get through to speak to someone and costs a fortune, the other alternative is to book your appointment online, sounds simple? the only time you seem to be able to get an appointment is by logging on at midnight as the new open appointments come onto the site then and if you do not get in quick enough, you're buggered until the next day to try again

over a year ago

"with mine, simply getting past the intimate and personal questions the reception have to ask devoids you of making any appointment as they have diagnosed you before even the word appointment is uttered

They are unbelievably rubbish and I need to change mine

"

You should just politly say its personal.

Rang for my appointment just after half five last night as an emergency (my results werent back thats not why i went)and was in seeing him at 9 this morning for 45 minutes

over a year ago

oh i forgot to add, i refuse point blank to see anyother doctor other than my own

over a year ago

I've booked an appointment with my dr first one I could get for 1st December now I just got to figure out what will be wrong with me

Post new Message to Thread