Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cloud Atlas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

anyone seen the trailer?...might be a classic!

*I havent heard about the book its based on...anyway...I think it looks fantastic in almost all ways...maybe

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Ok just seen the trailer and in awestruck already

And all emotional

over a year ago

"Ok just seen the trailer and in awestruck already

And all emotional "

that stopped u figiting with ur fanny for 5 mins at least!!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Ok just seen the trailer and in awestruck already

And all emotional

that stopped u figiting with ur fanny for 5 mins at least!!! "

Yes only to blow my nose as its just got me right in the heart!

Normal service will resume in 10...9....8

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

The book's brilliant, shame we have to wait another 4 months after the US release for the film.

It'll be interesting to see how they've done it, as the book is structured in a very odd fashion !

over a year ago

I've just started reading the book. Will be interested to see it translates onto the big screen.

over a year ago

I'm normally sceptical about films that have an ensemble cast of well known faces, but this looks amazing !

over a year ago

Cloud Atlas is a 2004 novel, the third book by British author David Mitchell. It won the British Book Awards Literary Fiction Award and the Richard & Judy Book of the Year award, and was short-listed for the 2004 Booker Prize, Nebula Award, Arthur C. Clarke Award, and other awards

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I can't imagine how the book will translate to the screen. I haven't seen the trailer but I will be looking out for it.

Do read the book.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I can't imagine how the book will translate to the screen. I haven't seen the trailer but I will be looking out for it.

Do read the book."

If you're on Facebook, 'Like' the Cloud Atlas page, lots of little trailers, interviews and images from the film on there. Looks like they've done a decent job, to be fair...I certainly recognise elements of the book from some of the images that have been posted.

over a year ago

Well nice responses...I'm utterly a non novel reader, so to be honest nothing really annoys me if its being misrepresented lol reading some reviews(must have been screeners) from imdb are actually wetting my appetite.

A feb 2013 UK release...anyone else think that is insane?????-it will be pirated around the world.Even moreso if it gets to dvd quick!!!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Im in 2 minds whether to read the book first,they're always better than the films but from what ive seen the film looks awesome anyway and if I read the book ill hate the film

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Stockport

I tried reading it a few years ago, it's more of a series of loosely tied short stories than a novel, in my humble opinion anyway.

Love his other books though, anyone see the twist in Jacob de zoet coming?

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Well nice responses...I'm utterly a non novel reader, so to be honest nothing really annoys me if its being misrepresented lol reading some reviews(must have been screeners) from imdb are actually wetting my appetite.

A feb 2013 UK release...anyone else think that is insane?????-it will be pirated around the world.Even moreso if it gets to dvd quick!!!!"

Absolutely insane...if it gets any Academy Award nods, there'll be decent copy screeners all over the place well before then. We'll still go and see it though

over a year ago

When you see the tralier it looks like a 4hr film

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I tried reading it a few years ago, it's more of a series of loosely tied short stories than a novel, in my humble opinion anyway. "

All the threads do eventually come together but it is probably the most non-linear book I've ever read...thought I'd got a misprinted copy when I first read it !

over a year ago

"I tried reading it a few years ago, it's more of a series of loosely tied short stories than a novel, in my humble opinion anyway.

All the threads do eventually come together but it is probably the most non-linear book I've ever read...thought I'd got a misprinted copy when I first read it !"

apparently somebody did hav a misprinted or alternative copy, had a different chapter to others....their quote "totally different"...

over a year ago

"anyone seen the trailer?...might be a classic!

*I havent heard about the book its based on...anyway...I think it looks fantastic in almost all ways...maybe"

Been excited about this for weeks! I always keep an eye on what Tykwer is up to, can't wait to see this one

Post new Message to Thread