Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The lounge

Jump to newest

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

It's the airport lounges you have to pay for that is. Do you use them? I have on ocassion but unless you are into lots of alcohol, I am not it's worth all the noney you have to pay. What you get varies so much from one to another and personally some of the ones I enjoyed the most were abroad.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We've used them they're comfortable and you can relax. They're great if you get delayed too.

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"We've used them they're comfortable and you can relax. They're great if you get delayed too."

Yes some of them are. I get it free with my insurance if flight is delayed.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's the airport lounges you have to pay for that is. Do you use them? I have on ocassion but unless you are into lots of alcohol, I am not it's worth all the noney you have to pay. What you get varies so much from one to another and personally some of the ones I enjoyed the most were abroad. "

I work overseas I only fly business, the lounge access in most airports is definitely worth it.

Most have decent WiFi, showers (if you have a long enough layover) free coffee, alcohol, food.

And depending what countries/continents you’re travelling through then hygiene and basic amenities are worth it alone.

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"It's the airport lounges you have to pay for that is. Do you use them? I have on ocassion but unless you are into lots of alcohol, I am not it's worth all the noney you have to pay. What you get varies so much from one to another and personally some of the ones I enjoyed the most were abroad.

I work overseas I only fly business, the lounge access in most airports is definitely worth it.

Most have decent WiFi, showers (if you have a long enough layover) free coffee, alcohol, food.

And depending what countries/continents you’re travelling through then hygiene and basic amenities are worth it alone."

You are right and also found some super ones but some, especially in UK I find a little minimalistic but that's my opinion of course as usually take early flights and certainly don't use the free alcoholic drinks either.

over a year ago

"It's the airport lounges you have to pay for that is. Do you use them? I have on ocassion but unless you are into lots of alcohol, I am not it's worth all the noney you have to pay. What you get varies so much from one to another and personally some of the ones I enjoyed the most were abroad.

And depending what countries/continents you’re travelling through then hygiene and basic amenities are worth it alone.

You are right and also found some super ones but some, especially in UK I find a little minimalistic but that's my opinion of course as usually take early flights and certainly don't use the free alcoholic drinks either."

I think airports on the whole in the uk seem better with all the choice of cafes, restaurants, duty free etc etc especially now they’re open again post covid, travelling during that was a ballache anyway without everything being closed too, but there’s ways to pass your time.

Not as much need for the lounge access.

I generally find when I use the lounges in the uk it’s just celebs that use them to avoid the public, there’s no other major advantage to them, I agree with you there.

Overseas though they’re a definite for me.

The good and platinum tend to be better than the paid but obviously you need accounts, air miles, upgrades etc for those.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

We’ve used them a few times. Problem now is that the security queues are so long winded, we wouldn’t have been able to get through £90 of booze between us before boarding!

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"We’ve used them a few times. Problem now is that the security queues are so long winded, we wouldn’t have been able to get through £90 of booze between us before boarding! "

that's true and some of them don't open early enough if you have an early flight.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

We used to book pm flights for this reason

over a year ago

We’ve used them. A little less hectic and makes you feel posh.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"We’ve used them. A little less hectic and makes you feel posh. "

That feeling of self importance when you sweep up that staircase

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

I get free access although with the mayhem at airport less likely to be able to use

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I get free access although with the mayhem at airport less likely to be able to use "

Yes some of the scenes shown are a disgrace. The last thing you need when you are trying to have a relaxing break.

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

The one time I used one, was the Leeds/Bradford airport one. There was a hold up on the way to the airport so we got about 15 minutes in the lounge. Frantically ramming croissants in our gobs and swigging back pop and water and speed reading the newspapers to try to get out monies worth. I’d do it again though.

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"The one time I used one, was the Leeds/Bradford airport one. There was a hold up on the way to the airport so we got about 15 minutes in the lounge. Frantically ramming croissants in our gobs and swigging back pop and water and speed reading the newspapers to try to get out monies worth. I’d do it again though. "

that really made me laugh

Post new Message to Thread