Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Most most of the year

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There's a thread just started which says there are a core of people who are part of the furniture on the forum.

We have also had fabbest guy of the year, fabbest gal, fabbest fabber, which fabber would you most like to do something to or with ......

Now, I'm not whinging, I've taken part in some of these, and tried to throw myself into the forum as much as I can...

But don't these threads just enforce the furniture people ?

It can be hard enough and daunting for a lot of people to join in or start a thread, sometimes they're shot siren straight away, sometimes we've heard it all before sizeist, ageist, racist, sexist etc.

But to new forumites maybe they're not ....

Are all of these cliquey threads a good thing, our just make outsiders feel unwelcome ?

Pulls tin hat on, and puts head between knees ....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Oh I forgot its Thursday....

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ooh can you self suck ??

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Dont be soft.

I dont mean that in an offensive manner, Im a complete newbie on the forums.

Dont be put off wether you feel people have accepted you or not, dont try and take it too seriously, and dont take it personal if your name isnt mentioned.

over a year ago

"Ooh can you self suck ?? "

that was my thought instantly

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Doesn't part of the furniture mean been around a long time?

Doesn't necessarily mean they are more popular than anything else. I have a table with a wonky leg. Fucking thing is hideous

over a year ago

"Ooh can you self suck ??

that was my thought instantly "

Dirty girl

over a year ago

I think the forums generally have a good variety of thread types. anyone can start a thread and providing its within the rules it remains up. certain threads are popular because either the topic is hot and current or the opening poster is a popular personality and its a thread without a serious purpose and light hearted.

People have choice to participate in what they wish. we were all new once and made the initial leap of faith and posted..

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"There's a thread just started which says there are a core of people who are part of the furniture on the forum.

We have also had fabbest guy of the year, fabbest gal, fabbest fabber, which fabber would you most like to do something to or with ......

Now, I'm not whinging, I've taken part in some of these, and tried to throw myself into the forum as much as I can...

It can be hard enough and daunting for a lot of people to join in or start a thread, sometimes they're shot siren straight away, sometimes we've heard it all before sizeist, ageist, racist, sexist etc.

Are all of these cliquey threads a good thing, our just make outsiders feel unwelcome ?

"

What a great thread, i shall take time to ponder...if thats ok?

over a year ago

Don't be daft, I've not been on here long myself but you'll see me on a fair few threads getting involved with opinions and tend to get on with most and mostly always friendly and cheeky

But yeah can you self suck?? How you do manage it I get close but struggle at that last little bend and sit waggling my tongue just out of reach

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Does that make you bi?

I know that sounds odd

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"There's a thread just started which says there are a core of people who are part of the furniture on the forum.

"

You are an observant man.

I see no harm in any threads....... when it happens in moderation. When the same few take over thread after thread after thread.... yes I can appreciate how difficult it is for newbies and how it must look to you.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 'Most' type threads...... when you count how few people have bothered voting you realise their placing.

Good post

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is self sucking the same as blowing your own trumpet ?

over a year ago

does wanking make you bi?

over a year ago

I've been around on fab in one form or another for about 7 years, which would make me part of the furniture, but I've only been a forumite for that last few months, so I don't think these threads are too daunting for newbies, you just gotta get stuck in

over a year ago

"Oh I forgot its Thursday.... "

How did I miss Rant Thursday!?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Oh I forgot its Thursday....

How did I miss Rant Thursday!?

"

Ive had mine.

over a year ago

"Dont be soft.

I dont mean that in an offensive manner, Im a complete newbie on the forums.

Dont be put off wether you feel people have accepted you or not, dont try and take it too seriously, and dont take it personal if your name isnt mentioned."

over a year ago

Dirty girl "

hold on - if u posted then u had that thought too - but I get called the Dirty girl lol

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"does wanking make you bi?"

I dont know, same with self sucking I suppose.

over a year ago

Dirty girl

hold on - if u posted then u had that thought too - but I get called the Dirty girl lol "

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

You can come and be a spare chair with me, you can be the low spare chair and i will be the high one with the wonky leg

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

The "people posting being part of the furniture" was just a way to get to the point of the post... Nothing to do with only the people who post regularly being able to post in it..

Lighthearted jokey thread.... I suppose I should've known better than to post it on a Thursday

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Would equate all threads of the ilk the OP is talking about to the pick n mix at woolies..

some will dip in what they prefer, some wont..

some will nibble at many, others will simply look but not touch..

hey ho..

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Is self sucking the same as blowing your own trumpet ? "

If it was I'd be forever blowing bubbles.

Pretty ones too right up into the sky

over a year ago

Seems to be all kinds of threads. Some the same people tend to post on. Quite a lot of newbies posting lately which is good. Can't remember when I was a newbie but I know I just posted anyway regardless of whether anyone took any notice. I'm still that way, I just crash through life in an oblivious haze with a smile on my face. Sometimes I forget I'm not actually invisible.

I agree sometimes it can seem daunting and sometimes threads can turn nasty, but I've also seen threads turn from nasty back to really nice and supportive. Room for allsorts.

Post new Message to Thread