Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Liam and Theo

Jump to newest

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Today, Theo gets the equivalent of the VC for his services to bomb disposal. He was the dog that died hours after his partner Liam as killed in a cross fire incident. Liam was awarded the VC.

Very moving and well deserved to both xx both sleep well xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes, they where based at raf north luffenham which is just up the road from me so we had it alot on our news, how very sad it was

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Yes, they where based at raf north luffenham which is just up the road from me so we had it alot on our news, how very sad it was"

oh were they, was on the news and the ceremony is later this afternoon.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Yes, they where based at raf north luffenham which is just up the road from me so we had it alot on our news, how very sad it was

"

Yes its quite awhile since it happened but i have vaguley heard something about it on the news recently. It will be on local news tonight. Also the red arrows pilot that died lived here as well although not originally, so we had lots of that on as well.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Just saw this on the news.

What a humbling story.

Have a search if your unaware of it

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Heard this on the news too, both helped save lives both military and civvy. My respect is boundless to those that try to make a difference, many they rest in peace

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Yes, they where based at raf north luffenham which is just up the road from me so we had it alot on our news, how very sad it was

Yes its quite awhile since it happened but i have vaguley heard something about it on the news recently. It will be on local news tonight. Also the red arrows pilot that died lived here as well although not originally, so we had lots of that on as well. "

Two Reds died. The first crashed on the way back after an air display and the second ejected through his cockpit canopy.

Flt. Lt. Egging and Flt. Lt. Cunningham, I believe.

If I recall correctly, they were the first Reds to die in air accidents in 33 years.

Egging was signed up for the 400-in-4 challenge the Reds and the BBMF were training for at the time. His wife took his place and completed the challenge on his behalf.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Yes its quite awhile since it happened but i have vaguley heard something about it on the news recently. It will be on local news tonight. Also the red arrows pilot that died lived here as well although not originally, so we had lots of that on as well.

Two Reds died. The first crashed on the way back after an air display and the second ejected through his cockpit canopy.

If I recall correctly, they were the first Reds to die in air accidents in 33 years.

Egging was signed up for the 400-in-4 challenge the Reds and the BBMF were training for at the time. His wife took his place and completed the challenge on his behalf."

but only one lived here which is what i was saying

By *hobos46Man
over a year ago

Royston

Egging was signed up for the 400-in-4 challenge the Reds and the BBMF were training for at the time. His wife took his place and completed the challenge on his behalf.but only one lived here which is what i was saying"

O think Kinky is saying the one who ejected through his canopy died as well

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Egging was signed up for the 400-in-4 challenge the Reds and the BBMF were training for at the time. His wife took his place and completed the challenge on his behalf.but only one lived here which is what i was saying"

You said 'the Red Arrows pilot who died'. I was pointing out there were two that died. A very short space of time apart too. Very sad time for the Reds.

Post new Message to Thread