Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

cost of living and sky

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

at work today many were saying they are giving up sky tv rather than suffer on food or energy ?? so question is will you give up sky if it gets too much to handle everyday bills

full sky package is over £100 per mth

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Definitely! In the process of getting rid at the moment! Just changing broadband provider atm

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

If you are in the position of having to choose whether you eat or watch Sky I don’t think there is much of a choice is there? Amazed this is even a question.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's a rip off. Can use Netflix, prime, fire stick etc and some other means to get other sports channels much cheaper

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Never had sky or cabel. We have Netflix and freeview.

over a year ago

"at work today many were saying they are giving up sky tv rather than suffer on food or energy ?? so question is will you give up sky if it gets too much to handle everyday bills

full sky package is over £100 per mth"

I was paying that.

Phoned em, said I was going to BT if they couldn't offer better. Hey presto halved the price.

Just quote the £44 Online offer, advertised as for new AND EXISTING customers. Thats for the full package

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"at work today many were saying they are giving up sky tv rather than suffer on food or energy ?? so question is will you give up sky if it gets too much to handle everyday bills

full sky package is over £100 per mth"

I'd question anybody's sanity if they wouldn't give sky up in favour of food or energy/heating...

It does make you think though. The amount of people that actually say they can't afford x or y but will have a super expensive subscription/contract going on that they don't really need...while struggling to heat their house or feed family.

And yes I do know for some they have none of that and still struggle - but there are those that actually go for the luxury at the expense of necessity.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I've never had sky. Until last year I had just freeview, then in May I got Netflix.

If I was struggling to pay my bills it would be the first thing to go. While I've enjoyed catching up on series and films I missed when they were originally on, it's something I wouldn't miss much and would save me £80 a year.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I remember only having 3 TV channels.

Never had sky. Or Netflix.

Only have Amazon as the free next day delivery comes in handy for work stuff so it pays for itself.

Can't think of anything worth paying £100/mth to watch.

Our local Cinema is £4 a ticket so we could go 12 times a month to see new films and just watch freeview at home.

Or just spend £100 on food of course.

A

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I'm even thinking giving up of tv license

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

The absolute major problem with sky and virgin media is you are charged for obscene number of channels that you will never watch, a handful that you might watch, and then a couple that you do watch.

Netflix, amazon, and/or disney+ are all cheaper and overall better value. Even NowTV which is sky but just better value and monthly subscription.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I pay £14 a month for SkyQ. I signed up for a contract a while ago via a work scheme for £12 and they try and dick me every time it comes to renewal so most I budge is a £1. I hardly watch anything anyway so if it goes up drastically and they refuse to budge then I will cancel.

over a year ago

We've not had Sky for around 4 years.

It really isn't worth the price to us as we rarely watch TV.

By *moothshaftMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I've got the basic 'skeletal' package with sky, I'm a diamond customer of over 20 years, yet still pay £46 a month.

Sky is great for live pause, rewind, recording multi channels etc. Can you do that with Freeview I wonder?

Also, has someone just mentioned £44 a month for the full package?

Post new Message to Thread