Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Transgender sports events

Jump to newest

By *rhuges OP   Man
over a year ago

Cardiff

What do people think of a transgender( from male to female) taking part in female events?

Do people think it's fair?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Oh no

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Is this groundhog day?

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Walks into the thread, turns and walks out again...

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Walks into the thread, turns and walks out again..."
lol

Reply privately

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It's more complicated than a simple yes or no.

Reply privately

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan
over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Female sport is in danger of being obliterated so a solution needs to be found that respects the rights of transgender athletes but protects the integrity of female sport. A separate category is probably the only workable solution.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How many threads does this topic need

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Walks into the thread, turns and walks out again..."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Total bollocks or lack of lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How many threads does this topic need "

Exactly sir

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What do people think of a transgender( from male to female) taking part in female events?

Do people think it's fair?"

What do you think about it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do people think it's fair?

Nope.

"

Is there a satisfactory solution?

Nope.

There thread done x

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What do people think of a transgender( from male to female) taking part in female events?

Do people think it's fair?"

Yes, I think it's entirely fair, and the evidence backs up that transition alters the way in which people perform athletically.

I'm looking forward to today's howls of outrage being consigned to the sewer of history.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It's more complicated than a simple yes or no."

Indeed! Do people think its fair? Some do, some don't.

Is if fair? Well that is highly up for debate, and an extreme range of factors need to be taken in to account before that is factually settled with a solid answer. Even then regardless of what that answer may be, there will be those that will still argue against the solution (whatever that may be).

Reply privately

By *rhuges OP   Man
over a year ago

Cardiff

Of course it's not fair you still have the muscle mass of a male

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Yes, I think it's entirely fair, and the evidence backs up that transition alters the way in which people perform athletically.

I'm looking forward to today's howls of outrage being consigned to the sewer of history."

The scientific evidence shows that 2 years post transition athletes maintain a 12% physical advantage, so certain sports where physicality is important will infer a significant advantage to trans athletes. I'm sure there will be more studies going forward. Not sure there are howls of derision, certainly not from me but it is a complex question and one which I am sure is going to challenge sporting authorities going forward.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm looking forward to today's howls of outrage being consigned to the sewer of history.

The scientific evidence shows that 2 years post transition athletes maintain a 12% physical advantage, so certain sports where physicality is important will infer a significant advantage to trans athletes. I'm sure there will be more studies going forward. Not sure there are howls of derision, certainly not from me but it is a complex question and one which I am sure is going to challenge sporting authorities going forward. "

I for one welcome my trans sisters wholeheartedly

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

The scientific evidence shows that 2 years post transition athletes maintain a 12% physical advantage, so certain sports where physicality is important will infer a significant advantage to trans athletes. I'm sure there will be more studies going forward. Not sure there are howls of derision, certainly not from me but it is a complex question and one which I am sure is going to challenge sporting authorities going forward.

I for one welcome my trans sisters wholeheartedly "

I'm sure we all do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Of course it's not fair you still have the muscle mass of a male"

After two years, I believe, muscle atrophy shows marked progress to the level that it has a marked impact on performance.

Whether its enough or not I don't know, but not quite still having the muscle mass of a male.

Fair or not? I am not qualified to say, my Biomedical Science degree hasn't arrived yet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

that’s not true muscular atrophy happens also your ligaments change

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Female sport is in danger of being obliterated so a solution needs to be found that respects the rights of transgender athletes but protects the integrity of female sport. A separate category is probably the only workable solution."

How is it in danger of being obliterated? Weight lifter t the Olympics came third and the most recent debacle comes from people getting upset at a mediocre swimmer beating less than mediocre competitors. They were no where near competitive times, even the trans woman who won.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Maybe do some research

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Of course it's not fair you still have the muscle mass of a male

After two years, I believe, muscle atrophy shows marked progress to the level that it has a marked impact on performance.

Whether its enough or not I don't know, but not quite still having the muscle mass of a male.

Fair or not? I am not qualified to say, my Biomedical Science degree hasn't arrived yet."

Indeed. I do wonder how special it is to live in a world where one's brain is only capable of viewing things that are simplified to have zero complexity, free of factors, and void of variables.

Very few things in this world are as simple as black and white, grey is the colour of the world.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jesus fuck.

Reply privately

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

the relatively small number of transgender athletes & their performance success makes it obvious that they have an advantage perhaps there should be a handicap system by height & weight rather than by gender?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Very few things in this world are as simple as black and white, grey is the colour of the world. "

I like pink too

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

"Female sport is in danger of being obliterated so a solution needs to be found that respects the rights of transgender athletes but protects the integrity of female sport. A separate category is probably the only workable solution.

How is it in danger of being obliterated? Weight lifter t the Olympics came third and the most recent debacle comes from people getting upset at a mediocre swimmer beating less than mediocre competitors. They were no where near competitive times, even the trans woman who won. "

She won three races in the fastest times in the country in each event. The challenge is one of precedent, and science will have to play a role. Trans athletes have the right to compete compete engage in the sports they love, but females who have trained all of their lives also have the right to compete on a biologically level playing field. Or we cancel sexual segregation completely and let all athletes, male, female, trans etc compete together, but I hope we could all agree that would be a backward step.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Ban trans women competing in women sports

Stop ruining woman’s sports by trading fairness for inclusivity

Reply privately

By *ighty_tightyMan
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Is this groundhog day? "

Punxsutawney Paula isn't showing their face today

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"Female sport is in danger of being obliterated so a solution needs to be found that respects the rights of transgender athletes but protects the integrity of female sport. A separate category is probably the only workable solution.

How is it in danger of being obliterated? Weight lifter t the Olympics came third and the most recent debacle comes from people getting upset at a mediocre swimmer beating less than mediocre competitors. They were no where near competitive times, even the trans woman who won.

She won three races in the fastest times in the country in each event. The challenge is one of precedent, and science will have to play a role. Trans athletes have the right to compete compete engage in the sports they love, but females who have trained all of their lives also have the right to compete on a biologically level playing field. Or we cancel sexual segregation completely and let all athletes, male, female, trans etc compete together, but I hope we could all agree that would be a backward step."

On that day but no where near best times for the events. A Single cis gendered female at the same swim meet broke 18 records yet no one is talking about her dominance of the sport. Why is that?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

And what about the toilet issue? Has that been solved yet?

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"And what about the toilet issue? Has that been solved yet? "

Yes. For many many years

Reply privately

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

Well, women's sports are for women, so no.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So how has the toilet thing been resolved

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So how has the toilet thing been resolved"

They put a lock on the door

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"So how has the toilet thing been resolved

They put a lock on the door "

So nobody can get in?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"So how has the toilet thing been resolved

They put a lock on the door "

Cubicles. It's a revolution

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you do a thread on the teacher who was fired for having Muhammed om his coffee mug yet, Tom? It's all over the news.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Do you have gender specific toilets at home, Tom?

How do you avoid others walking on you in public's toilets generally?

Reply privately

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

The toilet issue is another dog whistle. Transpeople have been using the toilets of their affirmed gender for decades largely without fuss.

Reply privately

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

How about a separate series of events?.. Trans-Atlantic Games™

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How about a separate series of events?.. Trans-Atlantic Games™"

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"The toilet issue is another dog whistle. Transpeople have been using the toilets of their affirmed gender for decades largely without fuss."

How so? I’ve hit genuine questions about it I don’t feel have been resolved. I don’t feel I’m dog whistling.

Reply privately

By *al kalMan
over a year ago

london

More repeat threads on this again I see.

There is definitely more scientific research being carried out to asses impacts, nothing outright conclusive has been published as of yet as far as I can see.

In the study someone mentioned earlier quoting a 12% physical advantage in some activities for trans female athletes, the scientists did go on to conclude more than 12 months testosterone suppression may be required to ensure there is no unfair advantage in elite woman’s sports. Also the study noted after a period of time taking hormones, advantages in certain strength test, disappeared.

There is no ideal solution as it stands, and trans and non trans folk can appreciate both sides of the situation, and some may view one side of the discussion only, as seen in other discussions.

Reply privately

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"The toilet issue is another dog whistle. Transpeople have been using the toilets of their affirmed gender for decades largely without fuss.

How so? I’ve hit genuine questions about it I don’t feel have been resolved. I don’t feel I’m dog whistling."

So what genuine questions do you have about people using bathrooms?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"More repeat threads on this again I see.

There is definitely more scientific research being carried out to asses impacts, nothing outright conclusive has been published as of yet as far as I can see.

In the study someone mentioned earlier quoting a 12% physical advantage in some activities for trans female athletes, the scientists did go on to conclude more than 12 months testosterone suppression may be required to ensure there is no unfair advantage in elite woman’s sports. Also the study noted after a period of time taking hormones, advantages in certain strength test, disappeared.

There is no ideal solution as it stands, and trans and non trans folk can appreciate both sides of the situation, and some may view one side of the discussion only, as seen in other discussions. "

There.

That pretty much covers it!

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Would it be fair if Anthony Joshua had a sex change and entered the women's heavyweight boxing?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"The toilet issue is another dog whistle. Transpeople have been using the toilets of their affirmed gender for decades largely without fuss.

How so? I’ve hit genuine questions about it I don’t feel have been resolved. I don’t feel I’m dog whistling.

So what genuine questions do you have about people using bathrooms?"

Well I need to know how it’s been “Resolved” first

I wasn’t aware we had reached an answer yet so maybe I don’t have any questions?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Would it be fair if Anthony Joshua had a sex change and entered the women's heavyweight boxing?"

Fucksake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wasn’t aware we had reached an answer yet so maybe I don’t have any questions?"

Cubicles. With locks.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Would it be fair if Anthony Joshua had a sex change and entered the women's heavyweight boxing?"

After 2 years of hormone therapy, probably a lot fairer than if he did it now.

I guess.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Would it be fair if Anthony Joshua had a sex change and entered the women's heavyweight boxing?

Fucksake."

Can anyone honestly answer if that would be fair..

Any single person, not on this thread, on this whole site. Tell me that it would be fair for Anythony Joshua to have a sex change and enter a boxing match with a female heavyweight boxer

Reply privately

over a year ago

For all those advocating for trans women to compete against biological women. Because you seem to think estrogen has magia properties that turns you magically into a woman and cause you to lose those massive advantages you have over biological women.

Go to youtube and watch videos of trans competitors in MMA. Watch those women thrown around like Randall's and having what basically amounts to their head being used as a punching bag. Go and watch that and tell me they have no advantage. If you can stomach that sickening sight and still say its OK and there no advantage, then the only conclusion I can draw is that you hate women.

That's going to be my final comment on this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is this groundhog day?

Punxsutawney Paula isn't showing their face today"

lol

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"For all those advocating for trans women to compete against biological women. Because you seem to think estrogen has magia properties that turns you magically into a woman and cause you to lose those massive advantages you have over biological women.

Go to youtube and watch videos of trans competitors in MMA. Watch those women thrown around like Randall's and having what basically amounts to their head being used as a punching bag. Go and watch that and tell me they have no advantage. If you can stomach that sickening sight and still say its OK and there no advantage, then the only conclusion I can draw is that you hate women.

That's going to be my final comment on this."

I can stomach it and I hope we see much more of it.

I do suggest that if you have such incredible ability to read the mind and intent of others, there's probably a great career opportunity for you in intelligence agencies. Maybe you'll be able to root out the Russian misinformation with your super powers

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"For all those advocating for trans women to compete against biological women. Because you seem to think estrogen has magia properties that turns you magically into a woman and cause you to lose those massive advantages you have over biological women.

I do suggest that if you have such incredible ability to read the mind and intent of others, there's probably a great career opportunity for you in intelligence agencies. Maybe you'll be able to root out the Russian misinformation with your super powers "

A classic case of.. if you can't win the arguement then attack the speaker...

Reply privately

By *ighty_tightyMan
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Would it be fair if Anthony Joshua had a sex change and entered the women's heavyweight boxing?

Fucksake.

Any single person, not on this thread, on this whole site. Tell me that it would be fair for Anythony Joshua to have a sex change and enter a boxing match with a female heavyweight boxer"

Tanya Fury would have a chance

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I do suggest that if you have such incredible ability to read the mind and intent of others, there's probably a great career opportunity for you in intelligence agencies. Maybe you'll be able to root out the Russian misinformation with your super powers

A classic case of.. if you can't win the arguement then attack the speaker... "

Yes, suggesting that everyone who disagrees with you hates women is wild, isn't it? I'm glad we can agree occasionally, Tom

Reply privately

over a year ago

A classic case of.. if you can't win the arguement then attack the speaker... "

Thing is, Tom, there is no winning this argumament. No one actually has the answer yet. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone also has an arse. My arse is no better than yours or anyone else's

Reply privately

over a year ago

demonstrates that gender dysphoria should be diagnosed in a lot earlier whilst children are still in school and have a 3 to 5 year time limit on transition into Olympic sport maybe reassignment surgery

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I wasn’t aware we had reached an answer yet so maybe I don’t have any questions?

Cubicles. With locks."

Turn all toilets unisex and put locks on the cubicles is the accepted answer?

I mean that resolves it for me, I don’t care.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"demonstrates that gender dysphoria should be diagnosed in a lot earlier whilst children are still in school and have a 3 to 5 year time limit on transition into Olympic sport maybe reassignment surgery "

No just no. No no no no. That's terrifying. There's a growing number of kids who were diagnosed early on who are now detransitioning and having to deal with what's been done to thier bodies. This is a dangerous path. I don't care if that makes anyone think I'm a biggot. Most kids don't know what they want to do with their life and you want to make permanent life changing decisions for them like that? No. Definitely not.

Reply privately

By *ighty_tightyMan
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"demonstrates that gender dysphoria should be diagnosed in a lot earlier whilst children are still in school and have a 3 to 5 year time limit on transition into Olympic sport maybe reassignment surgery "

I don't have masses of knowledge on this subject. The one boy I know was 13, he went through all the meetings locally, was transferred to a specialist in London, was approved for puberty blockers, was living as a girl at home and school. Woke up one morning and decided to stay a boy. Saying they "should" be diagnosed at school isnt going to fit or suit everyone.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Absolutely.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Isn't the point of MMA to the the other person a bout like a rag doll?

Someone did mention a skill injury on another thread but I haven't looked in to that story much and if like to .now the general injury rate in female MMA fighters before we single this incident out. Injuries aren't always to do with raw power advantages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Totally shocked at where some have taken this thread

Reply privately

By *al kalMan
over a year ago

london

No one is saying that inclusion could and should be feasible for every type of sport. You are talking about Contact/Martial Arts/Combat sport.

There’s a clearly a distinction between this and other sports i.e track and field athletics.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Yes, suggesting that everyone who disagrees with you hates women is wild, isn't it? I'm glad we can agree occasionally, Tom "

My point here is this and then I am done because I can't be doing with haters. The haters in this instance are those that cannot deal with any discussion around gender politics without screaming about transphobia.

I believe that every person should be treated with dignity and respect regardless of sex.

We should all be treated equally. Now the inconvenient truth is this. Nobody and I mean nobody can deny that Joshua would have a huge advantage in female boxing.

And to attack those women like Sharon Davies who stand up for women's sport are as hateful as the bullies who attack trans people.

Now Essex Tom has no time for radical feminists or radical trans allies. They are both as poisonous as each other.

I don't know if the word truthphobic exists but those who deny that Joshua would be on a level playing field with female boxers are truthphobics

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 02/04/22 16:38:06]

Reply privately

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Cubicles. With locks.

I mean that resolves it for me, I don’t care. "

The issue is already resolved. As I've said, trans people are free to use the toilets of their affirmed sex unless there's a genuine reason why they can't and the law sets a really high bar on that. Gender reassignment is a protected characteristic under the equality act 2010. Some women aren't happy with that, citing that opens the door to men dressing as women to access women's toilets for malevolent reasons, but that either means they dont believe transgenderism exists, or that the problem is men, in which case eather than tackling male violence or sexual predation you're just going to ban transwomen. That's why it's a dog whistle. Incidentally the same argument was used to drum up anti gay and lesbian sentiment so it's often just recycled are redirected homophobia. You will if you look see cases now of biological women who have been harassed in female spaces because they 'look masucline' and this often affects members of the lesbian community and also women of colour.

By the same token and line of logic if this was really about protecting wens spaces from men playing dress up we would ban any maintenance activity in women's spaces, face masks, and Muslim women wearing the niqab or burka.

Finally if you enforce somehow a ban kn trans people using their affirmed facilities and make them use the ones of their birth sex, you then have transmen with beards using women's bathrooms, making it pretty easy for anyone masculine presenting to enter female spaces.

The argument got banning transpeople from restrooms is basically just an argument saying transpeople are malevolent perverts and it's just ignorance. It's not an argument made in good faith. Transwomen are just as statistically likely to be assaulted ot sexually assaulted by men and we want women's spaces to be as safe as any other woman does.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"The issue is already resolved. As I've said, trans people are free to use the toilets of their affirmed sex unless there's a genuine reason why they can't and the law sets a really high bar on that. Gender reassignment is a protected characteristic under the equality act 2010. Some women aren't happy with that, citing that opens the door to men dressing as women to access women's toilets for malevolent reasons, but that either means they dont believe transgenderism exists, or that the problem is men, in which case eather than tackling male violence or sexual predation you're just going to ban transwomen. That's why it's a dog whistle. Incidentally the same argument was used to drum up anti gay and lesbian sentiment so it's often just recycled are redirected homophobia. You will if you look see cases now of biological women who have been harassed in female spaces because they 'look masucline' and this often affects members of the lesbian community and also women of colour.

By the same token and line of logic if this was really about protecting wens spaces from men playing dress up we would ban any maintenance activity in women's spaces, face masks, and Muslim women wearing the niqab or burka.

Finally if you enforce somehow a ban kn trans people using their affirmed facilities and make them use the ones of their birth sex, you then have transmen with beards using women's bathrooms, making it pretty easy for anyone masculine presenting to enter female spaces.

The argument got banning transpeople from restrooms is basically just an argument saying transpeople are malevolent perverts and it's just ignorance. It's not an argument made in good faith. Transwomen are just as statistically likely to be assaulted ot sexually assaulted by men and we want women's spaces to be as safe as any other woman does."

Resolved

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, suggesting that everyone who disagrees with you hates women is wild, isn't it? I'm glad we can agree occasionally, Tom

My point here is this and then I am done because I can't be doing with haters. The haters in this instance are those that cannot deal with any discussion around gender politics without screaming about transphobia.

I believe that every person should be treated with dignity and respect regardless of sex.

We should all be treated equally. Now the inconvenient truth is this. Nobody and I mean nobody can deny that Joshua would have a huge advantage in female boxing.

And to attack those women like Sharon Davies who stand up for women's sport are as hateful as the bullies who attack trans people.

Now Essex Tom has no time for radical feminists or radical trans allies. They are both as poisonous as each other.

I don't know if the word truthphobic exists but those who deny that Joshua would be on a level playing field with female boxers are truthphobics

"

I'm glad you feel no further need to discuss the issue. I'm not sure I can say the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

is this at the top level? Or is the amtchinh wrong?

Any names to Google? Aware of one person and that's it

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Fucksake.

Any single person, not on this thread, on this whole site. Tell me that it would be fair for Anythony Joshua to have a sex change and enter a boxing match with a female heavyweight boxer"

It’s not even contact sports. Watch Rachel McKenna winning the 2018 world championship cycling , she’s clearly a man pretending to be a woman , she even admitted it in her phd on lying. And of course she’s a lesbian

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fucksake.

Any single person, not on this thread, on this whole site. Tell me that it would be fair for Anythony Joshua to have a sex change and enter a boxing match with a female heavyweight boxer

It’s not even contact sports. Watch Rachel McKenna winning the 2018 world championship cycling , she’s clearly a man pretending to be a woman , she even admitted it in her phd on lying. And of course she’s a lesbian "

that’s so horrible calling a trans woman clearly a man you should be ashamed of yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"demonstrates that gender dysphoria should be diagnosed in a lot earlier whilst children are still in school and have a 3 to 5 year time limit on transition into Olympic sport maybe reassignment surgery

No just no. No no no no. That's terrifying. There's a growing number of kids who were diagnosed early on who are now detransitioning and having to deal with what's been done to thier bodies. This is a dangerous path. I don't care if that makes anyone think I'm a biggot. Most kids don't know what they want to do with their life and you want to make permanent life changing decisions for them like that? No. Definitely not."

The thing is signs are usually very evident from early on because you are born trans it’s not something you become.

Can’t freaking win.

You could do certain things if your body doesn’t get spoil by testosterone BUT NO,

Too early to transition, or can’t do those things because it’s too late to transition and body is now spoilt.

So which is it?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"demonstrates that gender dysphoria should be diagnosed in a lot earlier whilst children are still in school and have a 3 to 5 year time limit on transition into Olympic sport maybe reassignment surgery

No just no. No no no no. That's terrifying. There's a growing number of kids who were diagnosed early on who are now detransitioning and having to deal with what's been done to thier bodies. This is a dangerous path. I don't care if that makes anyone think I'm a biggot. Most kids don't know what they want to do with their life and you want to make permanent life changing decisions for them like that? No. Definitely not.

The thing is signs are usually very evident from early on because you are born trans it’s not something you become.

Can’t freaking win.

You could do certain things if your body doesn’t get spoil by testosterone BUT NO,

Too early to transition, or can’t do those things because it’s too late to transition and body is now spoilt.

So which is it? "

It's both, because you're not supposed to win, you're supposed to conform. You didn't, so...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can’t freaking win.

So which is it?

It's both, because you're not supposed to win, you're supposed to conform. You didn't, so..."

Bang on the head xx u couldn’t have said it better

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fucksake.

It’s not even contact sports. Watch Rachel McKenna winning the 2018 world championship cycling , she’s clearly a man pretending to be a woman , she even admitted it in her phd on lying. And of course she’s a lesbian "

did she really say this ? I can't find anything that says that (she did do a thesis on lying)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah sad isn’t it some win and some loose x I e seen photos of trans woman that have had FFS it’s horrible how testosterone causes irreversible damage so giving a child androcur to block puberty until she’s 16 is a good and caring thing to do so if 1 out of 100 decides it was wrong for them is that fair for the 99 but it’s right for ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah sad isn’t it some win and some loose x I e seen photos of trans woman that have had FFS it’s horrible how testosterone causes irreversible damage so giving a child androcur to block puberty until she’s 16 is a good and caring thing to do so if 1 out of 100 decides it was wrong for them is that fair for the 99 but it’s right for ? "

And the signs tend to be there from a very young age so I don’t understand why any parent would ignore it and then that person would have to spend £20-30K down the line to fix with FFS . When they basically have to shave off the facial bone.. which seems to be painful.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Interesting to read the thread and to see how quickly it moves from the integrity of competition in sport to a far wider debate around trans rights. It will continue to be difficult if not impossible to find a workable solution to the sporting integrity question with such wide ranging issues being discussed in parallel.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No there is a place for everyone but that doesn't mean on the same track maybe have there own event.

Reply privately

By *rhuges OP   Man
over a year ago

Cardiff

"How many threads does this topic need

Exactly sir "

Don't read it then!!! Oh what a boring life you most lead reading 'repeated topics'

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always ask this question when theses threads come up

Should we perminy ban woman who were born woman who have been cought useing steroids

Like cris cyborg

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it’s not fair to me. Maybe these people who change their sex should complete against each other in sports. Not expect to change from a man to woman and enter female side sports.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No it’s not fair to me. Maybe these people who change their sex should complete against each other in sports. Not expect to change from a man to woman and enter female side sports. "

What about female who have abused testosterone and that have pitty much turned them selfs in to what a trans athlete would be should they be banned for life

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well women who go above the amount of testosterone allowed are being disqualified and banned from competing. So what’s your point asking me that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well women who go above the amount of testosterone allowed are being disqualified and banned from competing. So what’s your point asking me that?"

No they alter they bone density just like a trans athlete

So they take a years ban and come back and be fine

That makes no sens as

Basically they turned them selfs in to a trans athlete

The reason I ask this question is

I like to find out if someone knows exactly what they talking about

If they don’t that will give the awnings you just gave

People that know the ins and outs off this subject would give the right answers

As they would understand that basically they have turned them selfs in to what a trans athlete would be

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well women who go above the amount of testosterone allowed are being disqualified and banned from competing. So what’s your point asking me that?

That makes no sens as

As they would understand that basically they have turned them selfs in to what a trans athlete would be

"

Exactly.

Would be interested If somebody who transitioned as a child, and looks exactly like a woman, no visible perceived “advantages” somehow manages to keep that information a secret, wins something. And then it comes out she’s trans.

Bet people still be mad and say the same things because it’s a matter of “trans can’t play sports with us normal people, period”

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well women who go above the amount of testosterone allowed are being disqualified and banned from competing. So what’s your point asking me that?

That makes no sens as

Exactly.

Would be interested If somebody who transitioned as a child, and looks exactly like a woman, no visible perceived “advantages” somehow manages to keep that information a secret, wins something. And then it comes out she’s trans.

Bet people still be mad and say the same things because it’s a matter of “trans can’t play sports with us normal people, period”"

That would be interesting to see and see what people reaction would be to that

As I can name about 10-15 woman off the top off my head in the MMA world that have flat out failed multiple times for testroin but are still took they years ban and come back

With altered muscle fibres and bone density

They may have been born woman but have pritty much turned them selfs in to what a trans athlete

That transised after puberty would be

And there is no out cry to have them banned for life

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah sad isn’t it some win and some loose x I e seen photos of trans woman that have had FFS it’s horrible how testosterone causes irreversible damage so giving a child androcur to block puberty until she’s 16 is a good and caring thing to do so if 1 out of 100 decides it was wrong for them is that fair for the 99 but it’s right for ?

And the signs tend to be there from a very young age so I don’t understand why any parent would ignore it and then that person would have to spend £20-30K down the line to fix with FFS . When they basically have to shave off the facial bone.. which seems to be painful.

"

Because puberty blockers aren't reversible - the NHS no longer claims they are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah sad isn’t it some win and some loose x I e seen photos of trans woman that have had FFS it’s horrible how testosterone causes irreversible damage so giving a child androcur to block puberty until she’s 16 is a good and caring thing to do so if 1 out of 100 decides it was wrong for them is that fair for the 99 but it’s right for ?

Because puberty blockers aren't reversible - the NHS no longer claims they are."

But the signs are there, if a parent is good enough to pick up on them and have opinions from specialists (and obviously take into account how the child is feeling in all of this)

Gender identity in kids with gender dysphoria (so a trans brain) develop as early as 4-5 . I definitely know it from experience and can remember …

Reply privately

over a year ago

But the signs are there, if a parent is good enough to pick up on them and have opinions from specialists (and obviously take into account how the child is feeling in all of this)

Gender identity in kids with gender dysphoria (so a trans brain) develop as early as 4-5 . I definitely know it from experience and can remember … "

What about the research into high statistics of desistance for young people, Kylie? Do you think social transition (say until 16) is an acceptable compromise?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because puberty blockers aren't reversible - the NHS no longer claims they are."

nhs are awful most children have to go private or DIY as the waiting times are measured in years usually 5-6 years just to be seen and if you’re 14 it’s to late by the time you’re seen

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because puberty blockers aren't reversible - the NHS no longer claims they are. nhs are awful most children have to go private or DIY as the waiting times are measured in years usually 5-6 years just to be seen and if you’re 14 it’s to late by the time you’re seen "

You haven't addressed what I said though about puberty blockers? I know the waiting lists are ridiculous and that's something that needs addressing (although health waiting lists in general are spiralling). What do you mean "too late"? Too late for what?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Female sport is in danger of being obliterated so a solution needs to be found that respects the rights of transgender athletes but protects the integrity of female sport. A separate category is probably the only workable solution."

By what measure is female sport "in danger of being obliterated"? Sounds like some sort of Daily Mail soundbite.

Women's football had its highest ever attendance the other night, shattering the long-standing record by 40,000. If anything, women's sport is thriving.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because puberty blockers aren't reversible - the NHS no longer claims they are. nhs are awful most children have to go private or DIY as the waiting times are measured in years usually 5-6 years just to be seen and if you’re 14 it’s to late by the time you’re seen

You haven't addressed what I said though about puberty blockers? I know the waiting lists are ridiculous and that's something that needs addressing (although health waiting lists in general are spiralling). What do you mean "too late"? Too late for what?"

to late as in testosterone ruining the body, GGP use androcur to hold it off and I know there’s a few side effects but it absolutely is reversible I’m u sure what Tavistock use

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because puberty blockers aren't reversible - the NHS no longer claims they are. nhs are awful most children have to go private or DIY as the waiting times are measured in years usually 5-6 years just to be seen and if you’re 14 it’s to late by the time you’re seen

You haven't addressed what I said though about puberty blockers? I know the waiting lists are ridiculous and that's something that needs addressing (although health waiting lists in general are spiralling). What do you mean "too late"? Too late for what? to late as in testosterone ruining the body, GGP use androcur to hold it off and I know there’s a few side effects but it absolutely is reversible I’m u sure what Tavistock use "

Gender GP? Gender GP led by Dr Helen Webberley who is suspended by the GMC. And her husband Dr Michael Webberley who is currently in a tribunal to examine his clinical care of young people.

Reply privately

By *erverseintentionsMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I believe there is a quite simple solution, a very fair easily adopted remedy but if it is offensive I do not. Know but I'm not one to shy away from controversy and I feel strongly on this issue, if transpeople wish to compete in sport they should set up their own committees and legislative bodies and host their own events with rules and regulations that they wish to implement. With prize money or wages that can compete against other sports they would attract all the best athletes. The trans community seems large so I don't see why this would be an issue . It seems only transpeople are adverse to this notion as I don't know any non trans people who would be against this idea .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gender identity in kids with gender dysphoria (so a trans brain) develop as early as 4-5 . I definitely know it from experience and can remember …

What about the research into high statistics of desistance for young people, Kylie? Do you think social transition (say until 16) is an acceptable compromise? "

Social transition has to be one of the key elements to assessing if that child is trans. Because they’d need to have that lived experience in their desired gender.

A specialist gender psychiatrist would carefully assess a child (and it goes under another categoy of gender dysphoria categoery if its a child), they don’t give out blockers like candy x

No surgeries or female hormones till adult life

It could be a compromise, but at 16 probably voice would have dropped (requiring either voice therapy or surgery if it’s too low) and hair started to grow. So corrections will need to be made already. Electrolysis and laser (on face) I don’t wish that torture on anybody … x and it’s expensive

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also I’m not sure why we are discussing this because a child can’t do this on her/his own anyway. And it’d have to be at the discretion of the parents ANYWAY. With the parents consent (how it should be)

And I believe it’s not gonna be a case of parents forcing their own kids transition into the gender they want (as in what the parents want)

Y’all. All I’m saying is, if the signs are there, they should be addressed and recognised ..not ignored or made to feel guilty or different. Then it will be at the family discretion to see how they wanna go on about it

Reply privately

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Is it fair that you have to be born tall to play basketball? There are so many advantages conferred on a very few by birth. Why is this not brought up as unfair? I don't get it I really don't.

Reply privately

By *erverseintentionsMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I believe there is a quite simple solution, a very fair easily adopted remedy but if it is offensive I do not. Know but I'm not one to shy away from controversy and I feel strongly on this issue, if transpeople wish to compete in sport they should set up their own committees and legislative bodies and host their own events with rules and regulations that they wish to implement. With prize money or wages that can compete against other sports they would attract all the best athletes. The trans community seems large so I don't see why this would be an issue . It seems only transpeople are adverse to this notion as I don't know any non trans people who would be against this idea ."
...they could allow drugs or hormone treatments and allow any weight age height categories they wanted ... it could actually be really interesting the ya could allow whatever testosterone/estrogen levels they deemed "fair" ..it could be great for scientific research and sports development and would benefit future transpeople .. I honestly don't understand why the concept is lost on the trans community .. isn't there a saying if you can't join them ..beat them ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What about the research into high statistics of desistance for young people, Kylie? Do you think social transition (say until 16) is an acceptable compromise?

Social transition has to be one of the key elements to assessing if that child is trans. Because they’d need to have that lived experience in their desired gender.

A specialist gender psychiatrist would carefully assess a child (and it goes under another categoy of gender dysphoria categoery if its a child), they don’t give out blockers like candy x

No surgeries or female hormones till adult life

It could be a compromise, but at 16 probably voice would have dropped (requiring either voice therapy or surgery if it’s too low) and hair started to grow. So corrections will need to be made already. Electrolysis and laser (on face) I don’t wish that torture on anybody … x and it’s expensive "

What worries me is that Gender GP do seem to give out blockers like candy. And I can absolutely understand why people bypass the NHS waiting lists to see them. But the Webberleys seem to have little duty of care. And GIDS is failing badly.

The recent (interim) Cass Review suggests huge reform is needed for trans healthcare. It's clearly very needed. There are no easy answers. I really appreciate that we can have discussion here about these issues as Twitter is so polarised.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I believe there is a quite simple solution, a very fair easily adopted remedy but if it is offensive I do not. Know but I'm not one to shy away from controversy and I feel strongly on this issue, if transpeople wish to compete in sport they should set up their own committees and legislative bodies and host their own events with rules and regulations that they wish to implement. With prize money or wages that can compete against other sports they would attract all the best athletes. The trans community seems large so I don't see why this would be an issue . It seems only transpeople are adverse to this notion as I don't know any non trans people who would be against this idea ."

Where is this large trans community??

It’s like a small percentage of the population, cut a huge amount who don’t really care for sports (cos let’s be real..), cut the majority who would be at amateur level at best. U are left with …3 cats.

Literally I’ve heard that trans were able to compete in the Olympics for over a decade. There’s maybe been 1-2? And those didn’t win anything. Like.. what are you on about?

Maybe if they do end up setting up their own league, it could be the perfect chance to get your own gold Olympic Medal

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also I’m not sure why we are discussing this because a child can’t do this on her/his own anyway. And it’d have to be at the discretion of the parents ANYWAY. With the parents consent (how it should be)

And I believe it’s not gonna be a case of parents forcing their own kids transition into the gender they want (as in what the parents want)

Y’all. All I’m saying is, if the signs are there, they should be addressed and recognised ..not ignored or made to feel guilty or different. Then it will be at the family discretion to see how they wanna go on about it "

In Scotland things are changing so parental consent is not needed. That worries me. Children can socially transition without parental consent if guidance from the government is followed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also I’m not sure why we are discussing this because a child can’t do this on her/his own anyway. And it’d have to be at the discretion of the parents ANYWAY. With the parents consent (how it should be)

Y’all. All I’m saying is, if the signs are there, they should be addressed and recognised ..not ignored or made to feel guilty or different. Then it will be at the family discretion to see how they wanna go on about it

In Scotland things are changing so parental consent is not needed. That worries me. Children can socially transition without parental consent if guidance from the government is followed. "

I should have added, I think as a parent it's a very tricky path to tread - but ignoring my child or guilting them into staying as their birth sex - is not the answer. It's really difficult with teens just keeping the lines of communication open in my experience. But that's what needs to happen.

Reply privately

By *erverseintentionsMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I believe there is a quite simple solution, a very fair easily adopted remedy but if it is offensive I do not. Know but I'm not one to shy away from controversy and I feel strongly on this issue, if transpeople wish to compete in sport they should set up their own committees and legislative bodies and host their own events with rules and regulations that they wish to implement. With prize money or wages that can compete against other sports they would attract all the best athletes. The trans community seems large so I don't see why this would be an issue . It seems only transpeople are adverse to this notion as I don't know any non trans people who would be against this idea .

It’s like a small percentage of the population, cut a huge amount who don’t really care for sports (cos let’s be real..), cut the majority who would be at amateur level at best. U are left with …3 cats.

Literally I’ve heard that trans were able to compete in the Olympics for over a decade. There’s maybe been 1-2? And those didn’t win anything. Like.. what are you on about?

Maybe if they do end up setting up their own league, it could be the perfect chance to get your own gold Olympic Medal "

Where is this large trans community ? ..want me to show you ? All I'd have to do is post a thread saying transwomen aren't women . The large community will soon appear. Followed by the support ...I don't think you understand my gist I'm not saying exclusively trans games ...if you read what I said I said large prize money and wages could attract the best athletes in the world . I think . And it's sad, that begging for acceptance into sport is just another way trans people seek validity and acceptance in the wider world .. but it's having an adverse effect .. everytime transathletes dominate in women's only sport events it kicks up massive negative opinions on transpeople ...and IV yet to see a transathlete succeed when converting from female to male sporting events ... As for my golf medal . Well I'm sure I'll get banned and muted soon...5 times in two weeks deserves some sort of medal . iv almost as many bans ..as verifications this month

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

It’s to do with viewing numbers. Womens sport is bad enough vs mens for figures and popularity. A trans only event would just be so low on viewing figures it probably wouldn’t attract the investors to grow it alas properly (we are a niche ) . We see this in how low trans representation is in movies / gaming and popularity to the masses .

Maybe a few mixed events baked into where Athletes can choose to compete if they are happy to as well.

It is a shame though as it’s a problem area that will need some real effort on all sides to resolve or come up with a solution . I mean perhaps they could look at a handicap on certain events for trans over non trans …

I am trans and been on hormones a good 10 years , pretty slim not much muscle mass but I still have way more explosive force and the ability to generate power rapidly vs women of my similar build. (Heart is bigger / lungs are bigger / muscles are different / bone density/ skeletal construction may or may not be more advantageous in some events etc )

Equally vs a male of similar stature I would just be over powered / out classed simply as my testosterone/ fat levels / energy levels are way way lower than theirs .

Yes lgbt is more visible today but we are still a minority and trans people are a micro minority within that . (L

Reply privately

over a year ago

In Scotland things are changing so parental consent is not needed. That worries me. Children can socially transition without parental consent if guidance from the government is followed. "

Social transition would mean .. asking people to be referred a certain way, come out as trans girl or trans boy, wear clothes that reflect your true gender and a style that reflects that and try live a life that way.

Gender markers etc can only be changed after having had the gender dysphoria diagnosis and a specialist saying yes this is the case.

If somebody at that age, I assume would live with their parents still, I mean there has to be some sort of consent cos it’s gonna be obvious

If the parents do anything in their power to have their kid confirm. I’d be looking into how good those parents are…

It’d be like when years ago, you had parents beat up their kids when they found out they were gay or lesbians or whatever. That’d be highly frowned upon nowadays but sexuality seems to be accepted now. Because it is understood more

Reply privately

By *erverseintentionsMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

First of all transpeople need a figurehead/mascot/ someone who dominates at their category of sport against both men and women . Someone like Bruce Jenner would've been ideal but I believe you need a modern day sporting icon to start their own league or competition and to challenge the elite at their particular event . With that would come the viewing figures and financial backing

Reply privately

By *erverseintentionsMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

But competing against naturally born women is wrong .. and I feel so sorry for every female who's lost out on their chance at glory due to woke policy changes by sporting bodies . It's abhorrent some of those ladies have trained all their lives. ..people like jk Rowling and others have given alot more to society than any trans people I can name and that is not an insult, it is just a fact.

Reply privately

By *rhuges OP   Man
over a year ago

Cardiff

I've read quite a few articles were boys transitioned in to girls very young only to realize they'd made a huge mistake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I believe there is a quite simple solution, a very fair easily adopted remedy but if it is offensive I do not. Know but I'm not one to shy away from controversy and I feel strongly on this issue, if transpeople wish to compete in sport they should set up their own committees and legislative bodies and host their own events with rules and regulations that they wish to implement. With prize money or wages that can compete against other sports they would attract all the best athletes. The trans community seems large so I don't see why this would be an issue . It seems only transpeople are adverse to this notion as I don't know any non trans people who would be against this idea .

Maybe if they do end up setting up their own league, it could be the perfect chance to get your own gold Olympic Medal

Where is this large trans community ? ..want me to show you ? All I'd have to do is post a thread saying transwomen aren't women . The large community will soon appear. Followed by the support ...I don't think you understand my gist I'm not saying exclusively trans games ...if you read what I said I said large prize money and wages could attract the best athletes in the world . I think . And it's sad, that begging for acceptance into sport is just another way trans people seek validity and acceptance in the wider world .. but it's having an adverse effect .. everytime transathletes dominate in women's only sport events it kicks up massive negative opinions on transpeople ...and IV yet to see a transathlete succeed when converting from female to male sporting events ... As for my golf medal . Well I'm sure I'll get banned and muted soon...5 times in two weeks deserves some sort of medal . iv almost as many bans ..as verifications this month "

There’s about 0.6% of trans . So that’s not a high number. Considering that a lot wouldn’t really care for sports. Like … u see where I’m trying to go?

So are you suggesting like the LGBTQ whatever competitions? like

Trust me , I get it. And I agree, Lia Thomas did have such a back lash on the trans community and polarised even more . In my opinion, doing a LOT of damage on how people perceive trans (particularly women)

The problem is that a lot of people still see her as a man. But that’s not true representation of how all trans are.

I do wonder tho if it was somebody who you could not tell, and kept it a secret (till at a later reveal). And didn’t have a clear physical advantage, if people still would be mad.

I’d say people would still be raging

But I also see the other side, of genuine trans women and men who want to keep playing sports without making people think it’s an evil plan.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In Scotland things are changing so parental consent is not needed. That worries me. Children can socially transition without parental consent if guidance from the government is followed.

Social transition would mean .. asking people to be referred a certain way, come out as trans girl or trans boy, wear clothes that reflect your true gender and a style that reflects that and try live a life that way.

Gender markers etc can only be changed after having had the gender dysphoria diagnosis and a specialist saying yes this is the case.

If somebody at that age, I assume would live with their parents still, I mean there has to be some sort of consent cos it’s gonna be obvious

If the parents do anything in their power to have their kid confirm. I’d be looking into how good those parents are…

It’d be like when years ago, you had parents beat up their kids when they found out they were gay or lesbians or whatever. That’d be highly frowned upon nowadays but sexuality seems to be accepted now. Because it is understood more "

If the Scottish guidelines are followed primary aged kids could be referred to by their preferred gender in school and parents would have no knowledge of it. To me that breaks the trust between schools and parents and that's the wrong way to do it. No consent required from parents. There is also the worrying report from the Telegraph that 51 trans boys had double mastectomies approved. You've suggested a very sensible approach by comparison.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"First of all transpeople need a figurehead/mascot/ someone who dominates at their category of sport against both men and women . Someone like Bruce Jenner would've been ideal but I believe you need a modern day sporting icon to start their own league or competition and to challenge the elite at their particular event . With that would come the viewing figures and financial backing "

Amazing how you are still intentionally calling her Bruce even tho she’s been Kathleen for ages.

And didn’t Kathleen , even tho she is very vocal against trans athletes , compete in an all ladies golf championship or whatever?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"First of all transpeople need a figurehead/mascot/ someone who dominates at their category of sport against both men and women . Someone like Bruce Jenner would've been ideal but I believe you need a modern day sporting icon to start their own league or competition and to challenge the elite at their particular event . With that would come the viewing figures and financial backing

Amazing how you are still intentionally calling her Bruce even tho she’s been Kathleen for ages.

And didn’t Kathleen , even tho she is very vocal against trans athletes , compete in an all ladies golf championship or whatever?

"

Caitlin lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"First of all transpeople need a figurehead/mascot/ someone who dominates at their category of sport against both men and women . Someone like Bruce Jenner would've been ideal but I believe you need a modern day sporting icon to start their own league or competition and to challenge the elite at their particular event . With that would come the viewing figures and financial backing

Caitlin lol "

Whatever. I don’t particularly follow Caitlin so I’m sorry I got her name wrong

Reply privately

over a year ago

Caitlin lol

Whatever. I don’t particularly follow Caitlin so I’m sorry I got her name wrong"

I'm not bothered

Reply privately

By *erverseintentionsMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I said Bruce Jenner because that was her name at the time of being a sporting icon . The name the majority of the world would've known her as . If the biggest obstacle to your own league/Olympics is viewing figures and support , then logically you need an athlete who can dominate against men women and transpeople

Reply privately

over a year ago

Y’all this is really exhausting. So I’m out . Thankfully I was crap at sports and didn’t like them, u know flimsy arms!

But I am forever grateful of having being able to be part of an all-girls volleyball team when I was young. Those two years …I had a real blast x

Still can’t properly serve tho x

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Y’all this is really exhausting. So I’m out . Thankfully I was crap at sports and didn’t like them, u know flimsy arms!

But I am forever grateful of having being able to be part of an all-girls volleyball team when I was young. Those two years …I had a real blast x

Still can’t properly serve tho x "

Xx

Reply privately

By *wbGoodTimesNoDramasMan
over a year ago

London

Can’t even believe it’s a debate . To me it’s a total no brainier and not fair what so ever for the other female athletes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"Can’t even believe it’s a debate . To me it’s a total no brainier and not fair what so ever for the other female athletes."

Have you read the whole thread and looked in to the subject or just no braining this as well?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Y’all this is really exhausting. So I’m out . Thankfully I was crap at sports and didn’t like them, u know flimsy arms!

Still can’t properly serve tho x "

Totally understand why you're out. Hope I haven't upset you. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Can’t even believe it’s a debate . To me it’s a total no brainier and not fair what so ever for the other female athletes."

Can I ask then should woman who are born woman who have failed for testroin Be banned for life

I can name 10-15 right now whare is the out cry

Reply privately

over a year ago

London

No I haven’t read any of the other messages I have just simply put forward my opinion on the subject of this thread ? Every male that has become female and been allowed to participate in the female professional sport , have dominated and won it with ease . That says it all in my eyes alone . Imagine you had a daughter that dedicated her whole life to win in her sport then she comes up against a competitor that was once male and does have male traits within that body still, it’s totally unfair there split into to different genders for a reason , the male body is naturally stronger And it shows in the results of ones that have been allowed in the last few years .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No I haven’t read any of the other messages I have just simply put forward my opinion on the subject of this thread ? Every male that has become female and been allowed to participate in the female professional sport , have dominated and won it with ease . That says it all in my eyes alone . Imagine you had a daughter that dedicated her whole life to win in her sport then she comes up against a competitor that was once male and does have male traits within that body still, it’s totally unfair there split into to different genders for a reason , the male body is naturally stronger And it shows in the results of ones that have been allowed in the last few years . "

What about female athletes that have took testosterone and focrsed they body’s to go though those changed the same as men should they be banned for life

I see all this out cry on trans athlete

But 0 out cry on woman take steroids and turning them selfs in to trans athletes

Reply privately

over a year ago

London

It’s very different tho in terms of FairPlay if anything the female going into male puts them at a big disadvantage whereas the other is the complete opposite.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It’s very different tho in terms of FairPlay if anything the female going into male puts them at a big disadvantage whereas the other is the complete opposite."

No it’s not I have friends who work for a lab I have friends who are at the leading forfort

In development off new ways to test for steroids

And they were test done on serton MMA athletes woman who had faild for synthetic testroin and bascule tured them selfs in to trans athlete and still competing in woman’s sports

I am not talking about woman going over to mens sports

I talking about the millions off woman athletes that are on gear and still being alowed to compete after words but have altered they body in way

They are bascule trans athlete even though they were born woman

People need to wake up and see

If your saying trans athlete shouldn’t compete in woman’s sports

Then any woman who has failed for steroids should be banned for life

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It’s very different tho in terms of FairPlay if anything the female going into male puts them at a big disadvantage whereas the other is the complete opposite.

No it’s not I have friends who work for a lab I have friends who are at the leading forfort

And they were test done on serton MMA athletes woman who had faild for synthetic testroin and bascule tured them selfs in to trans athlete and still competing in woman’s sports

I talking about the millions off woman athletes that are on gear and still being alowed to compete after words but have altered they body in way

Then any woman who has failed for steroids should be banned for life "

Yep I agree. But it is a different topic than the one being discussed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It’s very different tho in terms of FairPlay if anything the female going into male puts them at a big disadvantage whereas the other is the complete opposite.

Yep I agree. But it is a different topic than the one being discussed. "

Yes and no it is but it isn’t because

All the points are is the went though puburty they have stronger bone density and muscle fibres

A woman on steroids is basically going though a man’s puberty

So if the agreement hinged on that

Then those woman all need to be banned for like as they are trans athletes

Reply privately

By *unnertwoMan
over a year ago

Oxfordshire

As a running coach its totaly unfair

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"It’s very different tho in terms of FairPlay if anything the female going into male puts them at a big disadvantage whereas the other is the complete opposite."

Did you see the story of the FtM boxer who won his first professional fight last week?

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"As a running coach its totaly unfair "

Are trans women trying to dominate coaching as well?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you see the story of the FtM boxer who won his first professional fight last week?"

Awesome no but I guess that doesn’t make headline news

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As a running coach its totaly unfair "

Your opinion educate yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

All the points are is the went though puburty they have stronger bone density and muscle fibres

Then those woman all need to be banned for like as they are trans athletes "

Except that athletes taking steroids is a subject that is allowed to be openly discussed. Trans people in sport - discussion is shut down. Or those who want to discuss are roundly told they're transphobic. So I think tbh it's a bit of a straw man argument.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As a running coach its totaly unfair

Your opinion educate yourself"

How do you know it's not an educated opinion?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Except that athletes taking steroids is a subject that is allowed to be openly discussed. Trans people in sport - discussion is shut down. Or those who want to discuss are roundly told they're transphobic. So I think tbh it's a bit of a straw man argument. "

It’s the way I see the way it’s going and how people out cry about how they have this that and next thing because they went through puberty as a man

But not a single one can awner the question why is there no out cry for woman athletes that have done the exact same thing by useing steroids

Yes they got a ban yes they not on steroids now

But they have altered they body’s to the same extent as what a trans athlete would be

But I never see a outcry for them to be banned

And this problem is wide spread and very very big

So hop on the gear get cought take a years ban come back and basically have the same structure as a trans athlete

But as I sed there’s no out cry for them to be banned for life

So then how can people blindly say trans athlete should be banned for life

When they only maybe 30-40 if that

But there’s millions off woman athlete who were born woman

Who have turned them selfs in to trans athlete and no one bats a eye lid at them still competing in woman’s sports

Reply privately

over a year ago

How do you know it's not an educated opinion?"

because I’m a trans woman and I’ve educated myself the science

Reply privately

over a year ago

And I’m a witness firsthand to the effects of trans HRT

Reply privately

over a year ago

Except that athletes taking steroids is a subject that is allowed to be openly discussed. Trans people in sport - discussion is shut down. Or those who want to discuss are roundly told they're transphobic. So I think tbh it's a bit of a straw man argument.

It’s the way I see the way it’s going and how people out cry about how they have this that and next thing because they went through puberty as a man

But not a single one can awner the question why is there no out cry for woman athletes that have done the exact same thing by useing steroids

But they have altered they body’s to the same extent as what a trans athlete would be

So hop on the gear get cought take a years ban come back and basically have the same structure as a trans athlete

Who have turned them selfs in to trans athlete and no one bats a eye lid at them still competing in woman’s sports "

Valieva attracted a huge amount of news attention just recently. What percentage of female athletes take steroids when the drug tests are very vigilant to pick up use? You're saying there's no outcry but every time an athlete is found to have taken steroids - there is general condemnation. I think referring to women who take steroids as turning themselves trans seems really bad wording.

Most people who have discussed this issue of trans athletes haven't advocated a wholesale ban at all. They want more discussion and more data. That's what I want.

Reply privately

By *cottieboy123Man
over a year ago

Perth

"Is it fair that you have to be born tall to play basketball? There are so many advantages conferred on a very few by birth. Why is this not brought up as unfair? I don't get it I really don't."

Google 'musty bogues'.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How do you know it's not an educated opinion? because I’m a trans woman and I’ve educated myself the science"

I know. But people can read the science and have different opinions about fairness - we were discussing this earlier. It's not just about HRT.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah I doubt a cis woman would like her voice to drop and start growing face hair

Reply privately

By *cottieboy123Man
over a year ago

Perth

"Is it fair that you have to be born tall to play basketball? There are so many advantages conferred on a very few by birth. Why is this not brought up as unfair? I don't get it I really don't.

Google 'musty bogues'.

Muggsy bogues, sorry its Sunday. . . .

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just to win a running race ^^

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah I doubt a cis woman would like her voice to drop and start growing face hair "

??

Reply privately

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

"Do people think it's fair?

Nope.

Is there a satisfactory solution?

Nope.

There thread done x"

There is though. Let them have their own category. If theres only 2 competetitors then so be it

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Cubicles. With locks.

I mean that resolves it for me, I don’t care. "

This is what the situation is at the university I work alongside and at the vast majority of student unions in the country now. Throughout the university, students of all genders and all backgrounds manage to use the cubicles and not get their undies in a flap

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Can’t even believe it’s a debate . To me it’s a total no brainier and not fair what so ever for the other female athletes.

Can I ask then should woman who are born woman who have failed for testroin Be banned for life

I can name 10-15 right now whare is the out cry

"

There's an outcry. A couple of Indian athletes were prevented from competing and we all know about Caster Semenya...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah I doubt a cis woman would like her voice to drop and start growing face hair

??"

that happens pretty quickly with high T and it’s irreversible without huge intervention

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just to win a running race ^^"

People take drugs all the time to win running races...

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

How do you know it's not an educated opinion? because I’m a trans woman and I’ve educated myself the science

I know. But people can read the science and have different opinions about fairness - we were discussing this earlier. It's not just about HRT. "

But there are studies that suggest that continuous administration of HRT has beneficial effects on muscle performance, muscle mass and muscle composition in early post-menopausal women. So there maybe a sporting advantage to being on HRT Vs not, we don't know. It's an emerging science and we don't have all the answers yet. Unfortunately,it will take time to have a definitive scientific answer to it all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who have turned them selfs in to trans athlete and no one bats a eye lid at them still competing in woman’s sports

Valieva attracted a huge amount of news attention just recently. What percentage of female athletes take steroids when the drug tests are very vigilant to pick up use? You're saying there's no outcry but every time an athlete is found to have taken steroids - there is general condemnation. I think referring to women who take steroids as turning themselves trans seems really bad wording.

Most people who have discussed this issue of trans athletes haven't advocated a wholesale ban at all. They want more discussion and more data. That's what I want. "

It’s not bad wording as the whole think is they have stronger muscle fabers and bone density

Witch is exactly what happens to a woman when they take steroids they change them selfs to have the bone density off a man and muscle fibres off a man

Witch is exactly why everyone is saying they shouldn’t compete so it’s a legitimate point

If two athletes are within the levels allowed

But ones a was a man at one point and went though man’s pubty and has the bone bone desty and muscle fiber stucksers there is out cry

A woman athlete who has previously took steroids

And a trans athlete who went though pubty as a man

Will have the same bone dessty and muscle fiber structure as each other

They one in the same

Just because one was born a man and one was born a woman dose not make it different

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Yeah I doubt a cis woman would like her voice to drop and start growing face hair

?? that happens pretty quickly with high T and it’s irreversible without huge intervention "

We can have facial hair when we have conditions such as PCOS and when we go through menopause. It is something a great deal of women have to contend with. Not saying it is worse than for trans women but it does happen to cis women.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How do you know it's not an educated opinion? because I’m a trans woman and I’ve educated myself the science

I know. But people can read the science and have different opinions about fairness - we were discussing this earlier. It's not just about HRT.

But there are studies that suggest that continuous administration of HRT has beneficial effects on muscle performance, muscle mass and muscle composition in early post-menopausal women. So there maybe a sporting advantage to being on HRT Vs not, we don't know. It's an emerging science and we don't have all the answers yet. Unfortunately,it will take time to have a definitive scientific answer to it all.

"

trans-women don’t have to go through the iron deficiencies cis women do that’s for sure

Reply privately

over a year ago

?? that happens pretty quickly with high T and it’s irreversible without huge intervention

We can have facial hair when we have conditions such as PCOS and when we go through menopause. It is something a great deal of women have to contend with. Not saying it is worse than for trans women but it does happen to cis women. "

yeah but it’s nothing like having male hormone range testosterone coursing through your system x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cubicles. With locks.

This is what the situation is at the university I work alongside and at the vast majority of student unions in the country now. Throughout the university, students of all genders and all backgrounds manage to use the cubicles and not get their undies in a flap "

Yet data shows that unisex toilets can be bad for women and girls. (Nothing to do with trans people - let me be very clear on that).

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It’s done and out there the leading forfort off all steroids related things is the ufc

They done test on cris cyborg a woman

Who was and probably still is a very know steroids cheat

The concussion was she’s has the bone dessty and muscle fibres off a man

It’s out there

Reply privately

over a year ago

Women naturally produce testosterone through the adrenal gland most cis women have a higher testosterone level than a trans-woman, everyone needs a dominant sex hormone to stay healthy

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most people who have discussed this issue of trans athletes haven't advocated a wholesale ban at all. They want more discussion and more data. That's what I want.

It’s not bad wording as the whole think is they have stronger muscle fabers and bone density

Witch is exactly what happens to a woman when they take steroids they change them selfs to have the bone density off a man and muscle fibres off a man

Witch is exactly why everyone is saying they shouldn’t compete so it’s a legitimate point

But ones a was a man at one point and went though man’s pubty and has the bone bone desty and muscle fiber stucksers there is out cry

They one in the same

Just because one was born a man and one was born a woman dose not make it different

"

Well it does if we are talking about women's sport.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

?? that happens pretty quickly with high T and it’s irreversible without huge intervention

We can have facial hair when we have conditions such as PCOS and when we go through menopause. It is something a great deal of women have to contend with. Not saying it is worse than for trans women but it does happen to cis women. yeah but it’s nothing like having male hormone range testosterone coursing through your system x"

PCOS is caused by excess male hormones hence the hirsutism and fertility problems. Also more male patter weight gain as in round the stomach instead of thigh and hips.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

trans-women don’t have to go through the iron deficiencies cis women do that’s for sure "

That's very true hormonal cycles does impact on effectiveness to train. Was reading an interesting article on the pelvic floor of female athletes especially gymnasts. There will be advantages and disadvantages. But then I'm a short arse I was never going to be a high jumper due to my genetics. It's a hard debate but hopefully more scientific research will lead to better answers to questions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cubicles. With locks.

This is what the situation is at the university I work alongside and at the vast majority of student unions in the country now. Throughout the university, students of all genders and all backgrounds manage to use the cubicles and not get their undies in a flap

Yet data shows that unisex toilets can be bad for women and girls. (Nothing to do with trans people - let me be very clear on that).

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html"

Yeah there’s always gonna be bad apples waiting to exploit the situation

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So it's all over the news..

If anyone dare mention the toilet issue it is usually met with derision ..

Cubicles. With locks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html"

Reply privately

over a year ago

trans-women don’t have to go through the iron deficiencies cis women do that’s for sure

That's very true hormonal cycles does impact on effectiveness to train. Was reading an interesting article on the pelvic floor of female athletes especially gymnasts. There will be advantages and disadvantages. But then I'm a short arse I was never going to be a high jumper due to my genetics. It's a hard debate but hopefully more scientific research will lead to better answers to questions. "

I was naturally gifted at gymnastics when I was younger I used to train with the girls and I wished I was one of them dad made me play football

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cubicles. With locks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html Yeah there’s always gonna be bad apples waiting to exploit the situation"

Afraid so. And that to my mind is why there is so much concern about self-ID. It's not trans people who are a danger, it's the bad apples taking advantage of new guidelines, self ID, changes in safe guarding. The level of sexual assaults taking place in schools is frightening. I would be against unisex toilets if they make those even more likely to happen. But as with most things - it's the detail. What the stalls are like. Where they're situated etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They one in the same

Well it does if we are talking about women's sport. "

I don’t think your getting my point

I am talking about woman’s spots

I know loads off woman athletes that have done this competing in woman’s spots that what no one’s getting

Yous are all out crying about hand full

Whare ever woman and they mother competing in woman’s spots at the highest level

Have done the exact same

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Cubicles. With locks.

Do you think that if a man wants to assault a woman in some toilets, he will obey the sign on the door? Before I was a user of accessible toilets, I was always wary if I was the only person in the ladies loo. I was well aware that a nefarious person could choose to follow me inside and attack me.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Cubicles. With locks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html

Do you think that if a man wants to assault a woman in some toilets, he will obey the sign on the door? Before I was a user of accessible toilets, I was always wary if I was the only person in the ladies loo. I was well aware that a nefarious person could choose to follow me inside and attack me. "

Yeah, if the issue is male predators, it doesn't matter if they call themselves Bruce or Sheila. They're going to do what they're going to do.

Let trans people pee.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can only reiterate what I started with. I hope this culture war is consigned to the sewer of history soon. It's overdue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They one in the same

Well it does if we are talking about women's sport.

I don’t think your getting my point

I am talking about woman’s spots

I know loads off woman athletes that have done this competing in woman’s spots that what no one’s getting

Yous are all out crying about hand full

Whare ever woman and they mother competing in woman’s spots at the highest level

Have done the exact same "

I agree with you that it's very wrong. Athletes shouldn't take drugs which enhance their performance. I don't see what else I can say.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cubicles. With locks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html Yeah there’s always gonna be bad apples waiting to exploit the situation

Afraid so. And that to my mind is why there is so much concern about self-ID. It's not trans people who are a danger, it's the bad apples taking advantage of new guidelines, self ID, changes in safe guarding. The level of sexual assaults taking place in schools is frightening. I would be against unisex toilets if they make those even more likely to happen. But as with most things - it's the detail. What the stalls are like. Where they're situated etc. "

yes some ground rules need to be applied the government really need to sort out the GIC system in England and Wales and Scotland it’s an awful situation I seem more interested in resolving the GRC issues than dealing with the root cause

Reply privately