Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you believe in spirit's ?

Jump to newest

By *he love cats OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Do you believe in the paranormal? Do you have any sightings or experiences you want to share on this thread. Have a great weekend.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I believe in Gin

over a year ago

Rum/whiskey yes.

Casper no.

over a year ago

"Rum/whiskey yes.

Casper no."

Why not Jonny he’s real

over a year ago

Yes a believer

over a year ago

Yes!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Truth? I don't know.

I have had many experiences that as yet I can't explain. I am well aware that not being able to explain them now doesn't mean that they can't be explained in future

My mum died four weeks ago. I sat with her and held her hand. There was complete absence...nothing. However when I went into her bedroom hours later with my daughter she was definitely there for a brief moment.

Who knows. Those on both sides of the argument are equally convinced they're right

over a year ago

No, its bollox

over a year ago

Yeah take Psilocybe mushrooms

over a year ago

"Rum/whiskey yes.

Casper no.

Why not Jonny he’s real "

If I drink too much rum or whiskey then sure.

over a year ago

Honey rum for me........

over a year ago

Yes I do.

over a year ago

When there are multiple lines of verifiable evidence I'll believe. Same goes for God(s). It all makes for some good movies though.

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

I do

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

They make no logical sense but something is out there and I have encountered it…

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No I don’t.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"When there are multiple lines of verifiable evidence I'll believe. Same goes for God(s). It all makes for some good movies though. "

The thing about the supernatural , it’s not verifiable because if it is true it’s beyond the understanding of science . Once science catches up abs understands it , it’s no longer is supernatural.

Doe I believe there are things in this universe that exist and impact us and science doesn’t yet understand ? Yes - you’d be an idiot or (or a God) to think otherwise

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes totally belive no doubt for me x

By *lice MaliceWoman
over a year ago

The Facility

I do and I don't.

I think I've experienced 'something'. Unless it was a hallucination.

When your two year old wakes you up and asks who the scary person in bed with you is and I'm in bed on my own, that's a bit freaky.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"I believe in Gin "

Glib

over a year ago

Do i believe there are the lost, dead, energy, spirits, souls wandering the earth?

Nope.

Is there something more than chemical, biological and electrical reactions in a living creature.

Yep, anyone whos seen someone pass knows something leaves.

Do some people and events leave an impression on the world that in the right circumstances can be felt or seen again?

Yeah I'd go with that.

Is there some evil entity out there? Yep but sorry to rain on the whole satan thing, it's in people.

over a year ago

"I believe in Gin

Glib"

Is that a London dry gin?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"When there are multiple lines of verifiable evidence I'll believe. Same goes for God(s). It all makes for some good movies though.

The thing about the supernatural , it’s not verifiable because if it is true it’s beyond the understanding of science . Once science catches up abs understands it , it’s no longer is supernatural.

Doe I believe there are things in this universe that exist and impact us and science doesn’t yet understand ? Yes - you’d be an idiot or (or a God) to think otherwise

"

I tend to agree

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Do i believe there are the lost, dead, energy, spirits, souls wandering the earth?

Nope.

Is there something more than chemical, biological and electrical reactions in a living creature.

Yep, anyone whos seen someone pass knows something leaves.

Do some people and events leave an impression on the world that in the right circumstances can be felt or seen again?

Yeah I'd go with that.

Is there some evil entity out there? Yep but sorry to rain on the whole satan thing, it's in people. "

I agree with parts of this too.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I was with my husband when he died. I stayed with his body for 6 hours and during that time his face changed and he began smiling.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I was with my husband when he died. I stayed with his body for 6 hours and during that time his face changed and he began smiling."

Did you find it comforting?

Just before my mum died she looked at something/one with a startled expression.

over a year ago

I’ve nursed the elderly for years and had some experiences that I’m unable to logically explain.

At the end of life some have clearly seen departed spouses/loved ones waiting for them.

Maybe they have been hallucinating but the joy and comfort it brings to their final moments is undeniable.

Viv

over a year ago

"When there are multiple lines of verifiable evidence I'll believe. Same goes for God(s). It all makes for some good movies though.

"

over a year ago

"I’ve nursed the elderly for years and had some experiences that I’m unable to logically explain.

At the end of life some have clearly seen departed spouses/loved ones waiting for them.

Maybe they have been hallucinating but the joy and comfort it brings to their final moments is undeniable.

Viv"

over a year ago

"I’ve nursed the elderly for years and had some experiences that I’m unable to logically explain.

Viv"

The week before my Mum died she told me that it would be our last cup of tea together as she would be gone

Apparently my Dad had visited her and told her "won't be long, we're all ready now"

That Friday I had a call from the hospital to say she had been rushed in, on the Monday they turned off her ventilator...

I felt her go on the Sunday though, right after I got home from visiting her, it was like a light bulb had exploded and I just broke down.

There are definitely things at work that we don't understand fully, not until it's our time for sure

over a year ago

I believe in vanilla vodka ones

By *9 kisses.Man
over a year ago

clacton on sea

Yes I'm a great believer in spirits,

I'm definitely coming back to haunt the people I don't like,

over a year ago

Nope don’t believe in ghosts, mediums, fortune tellers, horoscopes, the paranormal or any of that shyte

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Nope don’t believe in ghosts, mediums, fortune tellers, horoscopes, the paranormal or any of that shyte"

Don't believe in horoscopes or astrology either ... which, being a Capricorn, is unusual

By *trideMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

We have no conscious awareness of most of the Universe. We know next to nothing about time, dark matter, dark energy, the anti-matter universe, gravity, seven of the perhaps eleven dimensions and much, much, more.

I believe that at certain times, in certain places, under certain circumstances, certain people have SUBCONSCIOUS access to some of the “hidden” knowledge. But the messages sent to their CONSCIOUS minds are often cryptic, or illogical, similar to the conscious recollection of dreams. The true meanings of the knowledge accessed can be obscure.

I feel that if we can find some way of gaining scientific access to the missing knowledge, many spiritual, paranormal, etc. sightings and experiences will become logically explicable and meaningful.

over a year ago

"Nope don’t believe in ghosts, mediums, fortune tellers, horoscopes, the paranormal or any of that shyte

Don't believe in horoscopes or astrology either ... which, being a Capricorn, is unusual"

I’m a Capricorn too so the club is growing

over a year ago

"Nope don’t believe in ghosts, mediums, fortune tellers, horoscopes, the paranormal or any of that shyte"

Same here.

I'm team James Randi when it comes to all this.

over a year ago

"Nope don’t believe in ghosts, mediums, fortune tellers, horoscopes, the paranormal or any of that shyte

Same here.

I'm team James Randi when it comes to all this."

This

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

all that and I’ll add karma to the above. Don’t believe in that either.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

all that and I’ll add karma to the above. Don’t believe in that either. "

Went to a restaurant called Karma

There was no menu, you just got what you deserved

over a year ago

Oh and ‘God’ aswell. Sorry I know that’s contentious but there’s no way someone watches over us when kids die of cancer and cunts like Huntley and whiting still breathe o2 in prison

over a year ago

"

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I found the pattern of Jesusisis face in tea leaves at the bottom of my cup once (amen)

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

all that and I’ll add karma to the above. Don’t believe in that either.

Went to a restaurant called Karma

There was no menu, you just got what you deserved"

juicy fillet for me then

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I found the pattern of Jesusisis face in tea leaves at the bottom of my cup once (amen) "

Jesus’ face.

You’re welcome.

over a year ago

"

The week before my Mum died she told me that it would be our last cup of tea together as she would be gone

Apparently my Dad had visited her and told her "won't be long, we're all ready now"

That Friday I had a call from the hospital to say she had been rushed in, on the Monday they turned off her ventilator...

I felt her go on the Sunday though, right after I got home from visiting her, it was like a light bulb had exploded and I just broke down.

There are definitely things at work that we don't understand fully, not until it's our time for sure"

I’m sorry for your loss

Yes, I’ve known this to happen too. I hope after your initial grief fit gave you some comfort x

over a year ago

"Oh and ‘God’ aswell. Sorry I know that’s contentious but there’s no way someone watches over us when kids die of cancer and cunts like Huntley and whiting still breathe o2 in prison "

Only if you assume it's a beneficial god, a loving god.

Not a piss taking evil or worse totally indifferent god.

over a year ago

"

There are definitely things at work that we don't understand fully, not until it's our time for sure

I’m sorry for your loss

Yes, I’ve known this to happen too. I hope after your initial grief fit gave you some comfort x"

Thank you and yes it does, Dad died over 25 years ago and he and Mum had been divorced for 10 years prior so to think he came back for her was of great comfort

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I was with my husband when he died. I stayed with his body for 6 hours and during that time his face changed and he began smiling.

"

Yes I did. I even took a photo.

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

"Yes totally belive no doubt for me x "

This

over a year ago

Yes I do. Also in animal spirits.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I was with my husband when he died. I stayed with his body for 6 hours and during that time his face changed and he began smiling.

Yes I did. I even took a photo."

Good.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Why are all spirits Victorian dressed with good English?

Why aren’t any scruffy looking peasants thar speak galic

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Wanting it to be true, doesn't make something true, no matter how much you want it.

Just look back at all the different "explanations" for the "supernatural" events that people claim to have witnessed. It NEVER stands up to the same scrutiny that people demand of science. Some of the "space star wishful thinking©" people use to support there hopes are as grounded in the real world as flat earthers explanations.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Wanting it to be true, doesn't make something true, no matter how much you want it.

Just look back at all the different "explanations" for the "supernatural" events that people claim to have witnessed. It NEVER stands up to the same scrutiny that people demand of science. Some of the "space star wishful thinking©" people use to support there hopes are as grounded in the real world as flat earthers explanations."

I think if people want to see these things they'll probably see it. It’s a mind thing and whether you’re susceptible to certain things I think. I’m probably not. I’m very pragmatic/realistic and I’ve never seen or heard anything. Show me the proof in front of my eyes and I’ll believe it. Strangely enough nobody ever has.

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

I believe there is something but I'm not sure what.

I have sensed and felt things but never seen 'a ghost'

I've been with 3 family members who have passed and all saw and spoke to relatives who had come for them. 2 of these people were seriously ill but not on any painkillers or medications that could have caused hallucinations.

As my old physics teacher (and some famous scientist but I can't remember who) used to say 'energy can't be created or destroyed, it just changes form' taking this into account what happens to the energy that makes us who we are?

By *trideMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

"... what happens to the energy that makes us who we are? "

The famous scientist was probably Einstein. We convert chemicals from our food and the air into other chemicals needed by our bodies. Our bodies covert some of the new chemicals into three different sorts of energy: movement, heat, and electricity.

When we die, all chemical food processing stops. All energy production stops. We stop moving. We radiate heat into the local environment until our bodies reach ambient temperature. The very small amount of unused electrical energy in our brains and nerves dissipates throughout the body and ultimately flows to ground. Just like the unused electrical energy in your hair dryer, phone and all other electrical appliances when you switch them off. We don’t feel this electrical discharge because it is far too small – it’s a bit like the drop of water sometimes left on a tap after it has been turned off.

Post new Message to Thread