Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Books

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I last read a whole book (cover to cover) about 20 years ago. What does that say about me?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Philistine possibly? Only teasing.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

It must have been a good book! What was it?

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

just came back off a 2 month holiday and read about 30 books in that time.

over a year ago

"I last read a whole book (cover to cover) about 20 years ago. What does that say about me? "

You don't like reading books?!

over a year ago

You prefer watching Eastenders and Corrie !

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I read.a whole.book cover to cover about twenty years ago.

It was so good I've being doing it daily since!

over a year ago

You prefer to wait till the movie comes out?

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"just came back off a 2 month holiday and read about 30 books in that time."

That's pretty much us when we go on holiday...makes the luggage situation a lot easier since we got Kindles (which I always said I'd never do as I loved the feel and smell of books so much !)

over a year ago

"It must have been a good book! What was it? "

I can't remember what I did yesterday, no chance of remembering the last book I read!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I could read before i went to school which was good in those days as you didnt have nursery schools, i never stopped reading up till about 5 years ago when my concentration just went. Thankfully ive got it back again about 2 years ago. But i havent bought a book since i had my kindle.

Have found a problem with kindle, i wanted to buy my mum a book and ended up having to give her the money and download it herself as i couldnt think of another way of doing it

over a year ago

"just came back off a 2 month holiday and read about 30 books in that time.

That's pretty much us when we go on holiday...makes the luggage situation a lot easier since we got Kindles (which I always said I'd never do as I loved the feel and smell of books so much !)"

I love reading, been waiting patiently for weeks for the new Kindle to be released... Get mine this week I hope!

Out of interest, what was it you read 20 years ago?

over a year ago

Used to read loads before I had my daughter and only just found the concentration to start again, I'm re-reading Cider with Rosie at the moment, it's the perfect book for autumn

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman
over a year ago

amersham

...that you are missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures, imo

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"...that you are missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures, imo"

Agree!

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"...that you are missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures, imo

Agree!

"

So do I.

Tuts at Scarlet!

And I cant bring myself to buy a kindle, I love getting a call from the library telling me the book I've ordered is ready for collection

over a year ago

Im addicted to dirty books im reading one now on my break in work. I especially like it when ppl notice what im reading lol

over a year ago

I don't like fiction but I do enjoy travel and historical books with the odd (funny) autobiography thrown in for good measure.

I am currently reading 'The Naked Civil Servant' so if I become outrageously camper than normal over the next few weeks, you have your explanation !

over a year ago

Love reading love feel of paper .but need kindal runing out of space to put books

over a year ago

I love to read. I also resisted the change to kindle as love my books but hubby got me on for my birthday and I love it and don't even have to move when I run out of books just go straight to kindle store lol xx

over a year ago

"I could read before i went to school which was good in those days as you didnt have nursery schools, i never stopped reading up till about 5 years ago when my concentration just went. Thankfully ive got it back again about 2 years ago. But i havent bought a book since i had my kindle.

Have found a problem with kindle, i wanted to buy my mum a book and ended up having to give her the money and download it herself as i couldnt think of another way of doing it"

I had that problem and the way round it we found was we all have the same amazon account and mums, my sister and my kindle are all registered to that account.

You can also email books to a kindle if you have the email address on your allow list.

But back to the topic, love books always have, and read even more now i have my kindle, currently reading the black dagger brotherhood series....sexy!!!

Thanks peaches

kat x x

over a year ago

I love reading, read almost everyday, even more so since getting my Kindle as no need to lug big heavy hard back round in my handbag

over a year ago

"I last read a whole book (cover to cover) about 20 years ago. What does that say about me? "

I love my books and hate it when i run out of something to read..it doesnt help that i can read a book in a day .Last week i ordered 15 new books and by yesterday had read everyone. today bought me a new one and im already through half of it.

over a year ago

"I could read before i went to school which was good in those days as you didnt have nursery schools, i never stopped reading up till about 5 years ago when my concentration just went. Thankfully ive got it back again about 2 years ago. But i havent bought a book since i had my kindle.

Have found a problem with kindle, i wanted to buy my mum a book and ended up having to give her the money and download it herself as i couldnt think of another way of doing it

I had that problem and the way round it we found was we all have the same amazon account and mums, my sister and my kindle are all registered to that account.

You can also email books to a kindle if you have the email address on your allow list.

But back to the topic, love books always have, and read even more now i have my kindle, currently reading the black dagger brotherhood series....sexy!!!

Thanks peaches

kat x x"

Ooooo im glad your enjoying them kat. i absolutely love them vampires ...sexy as hell...specially vicious

over a year ago

Thanks peaches

kat x x

Ooooo im glad your enjoying them kat. i absolutely love them vampires ...sexy as hell...specially vicious "

I wouldn't mind a bash at all of them tbh lol

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I wish I could read more than I do - far too busy. I do read every night before sleep, but gone are the days of doing a book or two a day.

over a year ago

I was reading long before I went to school and as my dad was an avid reader too, he took me to the library twice a week without fail to change my books. I am never without a book and read one a week when I'm working.

Its a real pleasure for me. I don't have a kindle cos I do this annoying clicking think with the pages (annoying to others, not to me).

Only one of my sons read regularly and you can tell because he is much more articulate with the written word and most readers are excellent at spelling

over a year ago

"I don't like fiction but I do enjoy travel and historical books with the odd (funny) autobiography thrown in for good measure.

I am currently reading 'The Naked Civil Servant' so if I become outrageously camper than normal over the next few weeks, you have your explanation !"

Loved that book when it came out (no pun int.) - must have been at a 'progressive' secondary school as that was one of the five books we had to do for English 'O' level.

over a year ago

I love books, I read avidly from only four years old.

I have just spent a pleasant half hour browsing in Waterstones for a couple of books for my grandsons birthday gift.

He is only six today but he reads everything he can and rarely sticks, I like to encourage him to appreciate his books as well as reading from the ipad.

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

Resisted a Kindle with a passion, because I knew it would corrupt me, lure me away from my much loved collection of books.

I am now a fallen women, a Kindle whore, a greedy girl indulging in multiple relationships with all my favourite authors. It's my intellectual Rabbit..I love it!

By *nJ_NW_cplCouple
over a year ago

wirral

We both love to read lots. Mrs loves her kindle but for me (Mr) it has to be a book and I can never throw one away so we have hundreds of them in the house.

over a year ago

I used to read loads when I was younger. I read every single kid's book in my local library before we moved.

I do have a book that I'm reading. I'm about half way through.... I've had it about 3 years. I just don't get time to read anymore.

By *allieJWoman
over a year ago

East Lancashire

I'm a Librarian, and love books and reading. Last week I went and spent £2k on fiction. I was in heaven.

I also have a kindle

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"...that you are missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures, imo

Agree!

"

Me too....

I love reading and usually read at least one a week.

over a year ago

We are both avid readers and we have no idea what Kindle is.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"I'm a Librarian, and love books and reading. Last week I went and spent £2k on fiction. I was in heaven.

I also have a kindle

"

Soooo jealous, til you got to the kindle bit

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"We are both avid readers and we have no idea what Kindle is."

An electronic reader.

Basically a book is uploaded and it can be read like an online journal, if that makes sense.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

love reading,iv just had a cupboard taken out so i can have a floor to ceiling bookcase put in,im resisting a kindle i love the feel and smell of books,just bought a very delicate leather bound copy of the old curiosity shop with onion skin paper

over a year ago

I prefer secondhand book shops and stalls in markets to high street shops. I get so excited when I'm browsing and see a book I've been wanting for ages. I have been known to kiss books when I've managed to find it, much to the amusement of the stallholder

Post new Message to Thread