Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Family driving you round the bend

Jump to newest

By *aughty but nice... OP   Man
over a year ago

Staffs

We all love our family but some of us can only take them in small doses

I'm here with my mom and sister and there both driving me round the bend,the problem is they are so similar that neither will except that they are sometimes wrong about things it's not even 2pm and they have argued.

What do members of your family do that drive you bonkers ?....let it out get it off your chest ..think of this as free therapy ..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If 2 of them are saying you’re wrong maybe they’re right.

By *ate_BMan
over a year ago

London

Opportunism. It piss me off when relatives expect something just because ‘we’re family’

By *ayHaychMan
over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

I understand that. I get on better with my family in small doses too.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Nothing. I love being with all mine. So grateful to still have both parents at my age and for my kids to have 4 grandparents. My in laws are more of a challenge though but still adore them

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I didn't realise how annoying my family were until I moved out. Since then it's definitely a case of take them in small doses. Although I generally let the talk just flow past me.

My mum has been described as like Mrs Bennett (from Pride & Prejudice) by one of her own sisters. She talks, a lot, mostly about herself, but doesn't really listen for an answer or answers for you.

My brother says whatever he thinks. He has Asperger's and has limited filters.

Although they have nothing on my mother in law who is out of her tree. She phoned 4 times yesterday about her phone batteries dying. She didn't think she could buy rechargeable AA batteries in Scotland. And last week she kept phoning to say the sky was transforming. She has at other points genuinely believed she had 18 kids who had been taken off her and phoned us to ask if we knew where they were. She has 5.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I don't have many family members so please just enjoy them and just let all those annoying things go!

over a year ago

Staffs

"If 2 of them are saying you’re wrong maybe they’re right."

You've misread it I freely admit I'm wrong about stuff my mom and sister have an inability to admit they are wrong

over a year ago

"If 2 of them are saying you’re wrong maybe they’re right.

You've misread it I freely admit I'm wrong about stuff my mom and sister have an inability to admit they are wrong "

Oh apologies. Family are dicks. I love mine to death but Christmas and birthdays is more than enough family time for me

over a year ago

When me, my mum and sister use to get together I was often the peace keeper between my mum and sister.

These last few years with COVID have made me realise how precious and dear they both are to me.

Seeing how supportive my mum has been with my sister the last couple of months and watching their relationship grow is very heart warming, especially after my father passed away a year ago.

You may find them annoying OP, but I'd love to be able to spend more time with my sister

By *dalisqueWoman
over a year ago

land of make believe

Be thankful you are with your family and that you care enough to be together xx

over a year ago

Staffs

"If 2 of them are saying you’re wrong maybe they’re right.

You've misread it I freely admit I'm wrong about stuff my mom and sister have an inability to admit they are wrong

Oh apologies. Family are dicks. I love mine to death but Christmas and birthdays is more than enough family time for me"

No problem I know exactly what you mean

And to all those that have mentioned I do treasure my family they've all I've got even if mother and sister dearest drive me to distraction ...lol

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

"We all love our family but some of us can only take them in small doses

I'm here with my mom and sister and there both driving me round the bend,the problem is they are so similar that neither will except that they are sometimes wrong about things it's not even 2pm and they have argued.

What do members of your family do that drive you bonkers ?....let it out get it off your chest ..think of this as free therapy .."

I don't love all my family. I'm estranged from my parents since I was 18. - fem. Best thing I ever did. Haven't spoken to one of my brothers for around 15 years. My twin I keep him at arms length. Don't have much to do with any aunts or uncles either. Just the way I like it.

over a year ago

They are still human. Doesn't matter if family, they can still be annoying irrating, decedning etc, and just because they have the family title doesn't give them any right to treat you with disrespect etc.

Post new Message to Thread