Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do I feel guilty........

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
Forum Mod

over a year ago

When I phone in sick at work?

I know im ill and would be useless at work but I still feel guilty and feel as though I should be there............spreading my germs amongst my colleagues

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

It’s called 'work ethic'… some people have it… some people don’t.

I very rarely ring in sick... but then I skive without phoning in all the time lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"When I phone in sick at work?

I know im ill and would be useless at work but I still feel guilty and feel as though I should be there............spreading my germs amongst my colleagues "

if you are ill then you are ill.... and in the long run then you only doing worse by going in....

I know what you mean though... I will go in till I have to "shut it down" and it is a last resort, where as some of my collegues go off on the mearest whiff of a sniffle.....

in the end you have to look after yourself, and if it is doing you more harm than good being at work then you have done the right thing......

sean xxxx

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Its the current job market that makes people feel uneasy I think, too many people and not enough jobs.

I am my own boss and get sick often due to my PTSD so don't feel guilty letting myself have a day off.

Post new Message to Thread