Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Guitar!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey everyone!

I was bored today and managed to learn how to play When We Stand Together by Nickleback, Good Riddance by Green Day!

Does anyone else play a guitar?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *toneblueMan
over a year ago

Southampton

Yes all the time. I wish I could meet a guitar-playing woman, there don't seem to be many.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Well done you - I have absolutely no musical ability - my ex husband was a bassist and played drums a bit, tried to teach me both but I've a tin ear so he gave up - I'd love to be able to sing and play lead guitar, think I've got just the personality for a proper rock diva, just no talent and I can't carry a tune in a bucket unfortunately

over a year ago

"Yes all the time. I wish I could meet a guitar-playing woman, there don't seem to be many. "

They are hard to come by these days! ! I had a friend who played but we don't talk anymore.. ha!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Well done you - I have absolutely no musical ability - my ex husband was a bassist and played drums a bit, tried to teach me both but I've a tin ear so he gave up - I'd love to be able to sing and play lead guitar, think I've got just the personality for a proper rock diva, just no talent and I can't carry a tune in a bucket unfortunately "

should be ok playing nickleback then

over a year ago

"Well done you - I have absolutely no musical ability - my ex husband was a bassist and played drums a bit, tried to teach me both but I've a tin ear so he gave up - I'd love to be able to sing and play lead guitar, think I've got just the personality for a proper rock diva, just no talent and I can't carry a tune in a bucket unfortunately "

I'm self taught! I've never had a lesson ha!

over a year ago

Yup, play down here in Cornwall.. Most recent songs... Someone like you Adele, Broken Road by Rascal Flatts and Heartbeats by Jose Gonzales. ... About the only playing around I am doing at the moment!

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Well done you - I have absolutely no musical ability - my ex husband was a bassist and played drums a bit, tried to teach me both but I've a tin ear so he gave up - I'd love to be able to sing and play lead guitar, think I've got just the personality for a proper rock diva, just no talent and I can't carry a tune in a bucket unfortunately

should be ok playing nickleback then"

That's made me giggle...I'll maybe start a Nickleback tribute band - call it Sticklebricks or something like that

over a year ago

"Yup, play down here in Cornwall.. Most recent songs... Someone like you Adele, Broken Road by Rascal Flatts and Heartbeats by Jose Gonzales. ... About the only playing around I am doing at the moment! "

I tried playing Jar Of Hearts but i can't figure out the strumming! !

That's a shame! Maybe we could have a jam one day! lol

over a year ago

I got frustrated trying but today I bought a new set of strings so I can get it restrung then i'm gonna try that Rocksmith game for the xbox to see if it's any easier learning from that. I've seen some good reviews of it as a learning tool.

over a year ago

I use you tube tutorials to find out the technical details of most... Some very good vids on there! Perhaps a band? The Fabulous Swingers?

over a year ago

"I got frustrated trying but today I bought a new set of strings so I can get it restrung then i'm gonna try that Rocksmith game for the xbox to see if it's any easier learning from that. I've seen some good reviews of it as a learning tool."

I've seen that but never thought about getting it..

Have you tried www.ultimate-guitar.com ?

Its really good and has some guitar tabs.

over a year ago

"I use you tube tutorials to find out the technical details of most... Some very good vids on there! Perhaps a band? The Fabulous Swingers? "

I would be up for that haha!! I don't mind playing with the G String!! hahaha

over a year ago

"Hey everyone!

I was bored today and managed to learn how to play When We Stand Together by Nickleback, Good Riddance by Green Day!

Does anyone else play a guitar? "

Good ridence is mine and my mates d*unk song, he plays the guitar and I sing it

over a year ago

"Hey everyone!

Does anyone else play a guitar?

Good ridence is mine and my mates d*unk song, he plays the guitar and I sing it"

It is a good song! one of my favorites!

By *edonism44Man
over a year ago

oldham

Got a guitar, can't play the damn thing ..... Any offers of tuition ??? Had it three years and still no further x

over a year ago

I've been playing guitar for over 30 years now and played in bands since I was 10. I also collect, build and repair guitars as a hobby.

I sat down last night and learned Friends by Joe Satriani as its one of my favourite tunes of his and its fairly simple.

I'm always happy to chat to fellow players and get together and jam, so drop me a pm if you're interested..

over a year ago

"Got a guitar, can't play the damn thing ..... Any offers of tuition ??? Had it three years and still no further x "

Try learning a few basic chord shapes, get your fingers used to switching between them, it won't be long before you dont need to think about it.

Start with G, C and A/Aminor, there are a tonnes of classic tunes that use pretty much only these chords. Look some songs up on Ultimateguitar, and have a fiddle around, you'll be playing stuff before you know it

By *edonism44Man
over a year ago

oldham

"Got a guitar, can't play the damn thing ..... Any offers of tuition ??? Had it three years and still no further x

Try learning a few basic chord shapes, get your fingers used to switching between them, it won't be long before you dont need to think about it.

Start with G, C and A/Aminor, there are a tonnes of classic tunes that use pretty much only these chords. Look some songs up on Ultimateguitar, and have a fiddle around, you'll be playing stuff before you know it "

Thankyou for the advice will do x

over a year ago

If you learn E, A & B you can play a straight 12-bar which is suitable for most rock n roll and blues stuff. My advice is to learn all of the first position 'open' chords and then move on to the 2 Main Barre chord shapes, that way you have most bases covered. Once you've done that learn the pentatonic minor scale (really simple) and you'll be able to play most rock stuff with practice.

over a year ago

"If you learn E, A & B you can play a straight 12-bar which is suitable for most rock n roll and blues stuff. My advice is to learn all of the first position 'open' chords and then move on to the 2 Main Barre chord shapes, that way you have most bases covered. Once you've done that learn the pentatonic minor scale (really simple) and you'll be able to play most rock stuff with practice."

Good advice! I first learned C, A and G... kinda just took off from their! i been playing about 5 yearss and have trouble with some bar chords ha!

plus just tried messaging you but you blocked single males ha! i'm in peterborough. would be cool i know someone who also plays guitar

over a year ago

"If you learn E, A & B you can play a straight 12-bar which is suitable for most rock n roll and blues stuff. My advice is to learn all of the first position 'open' chords and then move on to the 2 Main Barre chord shapes, that way you have most bases covered. Once you've done that learn the pentatonic minor scale (really simple) and you'll be able to play most rock stuff with practice.

Good advice! I first learned C, A and G... kinda just took off from their! i been playing about 5 yearss and have trouble with some bar chords ha!

plus just tried messaging you but you blocked single males ha! i'm in peterborough. would be cool i know someone who also plays guitar"

A minor fits that progression better...lol!

If you learn Aminor, G, F and E you then have Like A Hurricane by Neil Young, which is a classic.

By *uckoo clockCouple
over a year ago

Merseyside

I have played for years. My lady says my guitar is my over woman because it has a slender neck, an hour glass figure, Wears a g string and the only sound that emanates from it is that which I want to. Perfect lol ?

over a year ago

"I have played for years. My lady says my guitar is my over woman because it has a slender neck, an hour glass figure, Wears a g string and the only sound that emanates from it is that which I want to. Perfect lol ?"

Ha! that's quality!

Post new Message to Thread