Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Men Skincare

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is your skincare routine? Don't be bashful now, we all need and like good skin. Do you pluck your eyebrows as well?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I’m moisturising my hands a plenty as sanitiser has caused them to dry and bleed.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I used to hang it up and let the wrinkles fall out but now I have to iron it.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I used to hang it up and let the wrinkles fall out but now I have to iron it. "

Has it worked?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No I have a eye brow shaver with different length on it so much easier to just run over them with a 1mm blade cover ever week or so

By *xxLandNxxxCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

Daily moisturiser and beard oil. I Work outside in all weathers so just enough to keep on top of it

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

bath once a week weather I need it or not

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I use a charcoal facial scrub and exfoliating gloves in the shower and use Aveeno moisturiser after.

I do pluck my eyebrows but don't really shape them that much and when I cut my nails, I use a 4-sided block for filing, removing the ridges, smoothing and shining the nail.

I mean... Err... I bathe in asbestos. Proper manly, me

over a year ago

I use Taylors of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving soap and Floris 89 after shave balm. I have some Bull Dog moisturiser too.

over a year ago

Facewash and beard oil. I only ever moisturise if I’ve got dry skin.

over a year ago

Morning and evening moisturise, face scrub, and once a week I shower using sea salts and oil combo. Facial hair gets trimmed every few days. Don’t pluck my eyebrows but they do get trimmed

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I used to hang it up and let the wrinkles fall out but now I have to iron it.

Has it worked?"

Apart from the scorch marks

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

I shave every few days. Frequency depends on whether the stubble will show on a zoom call.

over a year ago

I swim in the canal on a daily basis so no baths needed for me.

I keep my eyebrows natural as I like the feel of the wind wafting through them as they flutter in the breeze.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"I used to hang it up and let the wrinkles fall out but now I have to iron it.

Has it worked?

Apart from the scorch marks "

I also use Mancave products, shampoo, conditioner, facewash, spf moisturiser and their beard products as well.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I’ve used daily moisturiser for years, as I mostly work outdoors, but also use body lotion after daily showering. My shins and ankles get really dry otherwise

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I splash on the juices of vagina around my chops.

I don’t pluck my eyebrows cause that’s only what the ladies do.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

When I quit my monthly beer box, I but the money into a monthly skin care box.

So now, I have exfoliating gel, antiwrinkle cream, eye gel (to remove dark circles), moisturiser and a few other bits and pieces.

I noticed a difference in just a couple of days.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I also use an exfoliating glove for my body and an exfoliating scrubby ball thing on my feet.

I get my eyebrows trimmed at the same time as my hair.

over a year ago

"When I quit my monthly beer box, I but the money into a monthly skin care box.

So now, I have exfoliating gel, antiwrinkle cream, eye gel (to remove dark circles), moisturiser and a few other bits and pieces.

I noticed a difference in just a couple of days."

Where do you recommend for a monthly skincare box subscription?

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

I shave with an aloe vera gel then moisturise when my face is air dry.

over a year ago

Morning Routine: facial wash neutrogena used every other day, clean and clear? Facial scrub used 1 times a week, moisturiser Nivea with spf.

Shower gel: activated charcoal shower gel. Body moosturiser : Dead Sea mineral brand?

Beard. L’Oréal beard moisturiser. Beard trimmed and shaped by barbers

Nose hair waxed at barbers. Eyebrows trimmed at barbers

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

I get shaved every so often. Use soap and shampoo but that's about it.

over a year ago

Moisture my hands so i dont spend all day licking em but thats it iv that many scars bruises and scrapes there would be no point

over a year ago

Yikes... I use a skin rub twice a week and moisturise twice daily, plus I use a beard softener... Proper modern man lol

over a year ago

I think it's great that men take care of their skin...

So long as I don't have to fight them for the bathroom

over a year ago

I use st Ives oatmeal facewash in the shower and use thanks to “Lacey Red” Olay spf15 lightweight sensitive moisturiser

Cut my own hair weekly

Shave my neck everyday and stubble every other

Cut my nails every few days (they grow very fast)

over a year ago

I say the same thing on any skincare thread. Wear SPF. It's not just to avoid being sunburnt. UV radiation is responsible for 80% of skin ageing. And UV rays are there all year round, so wear sunscreen all year round.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Water. Soap. Deodorant. Aftershave. Very occasionally I use an after shave skin restorer.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Where do you recommend for a monthly skincare box subscription?"

I really like Lumin, but am currently using Brickell.

Keep an eye out as they often have trials and offers (most I saw on Facebook after looking at the sites)

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

Shower gel, soap.

Yep, thats it.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Clinique face scrub, decent moisturiser (have been moisturising since before the term metrosexual had even been invented, thanks to my Mum's insistence on it as a child!).

Shaving routine is simple: Harry's razor and foam, but do like a decent aftershave balm (Aqua Di Parma my current fave!).

Haven't yet plucked an eyebrow, but sure as hell would if those whiskers started to grow as I creep ever more rapidly into middle age...

By *rispyDuckMan
over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Just moisturizer after every shower that about it

Skin silky smooth like your wife's titties haha

over a year ago

"I say the same thing on any skincare thread. Wear SPF. It's not just to avoid being sunburnt. UV radiation is responsible for 80% of skin ageing. And UV rays are there all year round, so wear sunscreen all year round."

This !

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I say the same thing on any skincare thread. Wear SPF. It's not just to avoid being sunburnt. UV radiation is responsible for 80% of skin ageing. And UV rays are there all year round, so wear sunscreen all year round.

This ! "

I'm a vampire, so I have no choice!

over a year ago

"I say the same thing on any skincare thread. Wear SPF. It's not just to avoid being sunburnt. UV radiation is responsible for 80% of skin ageing. And UV rays are there all year round, so wear sunscreen all year round.

This !

I'm a vampire, so I have no choice! "

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I use salt scrub from lush occasionally , moisturise maybe once a week in winter

over a year ago

Eyebrows yup. Can’t leave the house with shit brows.

Micro exfoliate. Stuff from Ordinary. Vit c moisturiser.

Odd slick of slap

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I neglect my skin, I should definitely moisturise at least my hands daily but it doesn't happen and as for eyebrows I just take clippers to them when I trim my beard

over a year ago

Where do you recommend for a monthly skincare box subscription?

I really like Lumin, but am currently using Brickell.

Keep an eye out as they often have trials and offers (most I saw on Facebook after looking at the sites)"

Brilliant I certainly will have a look!

over a year ago

Aveeno daily moisturiser after a morning shower

That's it

over a year ago

After a shower I put on an exfoliating scrub, wash that off and then put on face wash. After I rinse that off I put on moisturiser.

over a year ago

"I use st Ives oatmeal facewash in the shower and use thanks to “Lacey Red” Olay spf15 lightweight sensitive moisturiser

Cut my own hair weekly

"

Yes, sharp nails can scratch sensitive places..

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Use nivea 4 men morn and night used it since I was 16 now 54 but last 18 months ad bit of botox x

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

I noticed a difference in just a couple of days."

Bet it doesnt taste as good as the monthly beer box.

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

Simply keep hydrated plenty of water keep coffee to a minimum

Which is a struggle because I love dunking my biscuit in lovely cup of coffee

over a year ago

"I use st Ives oatmeal facewash in the shower and use thanks to “Lacey Red” Olay spf15 lightweight sensitive moisturiser

Cut my own hair weekly

Yes, sharp nails can scratch sensitive places.. "

Oh I can imagine

over a year ago

ISclinical eye serum and ISClinical sunscreen (am)

Eye serum and Shea butter (pm)

Plenty of water

2xweek exfoliant.

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

This !

I'm a vampire, so I have no choice! "

just sleep in a coffin all day & pop out for a quick bite after dark.

By *onnyJohnMan
over a year ago

Doncaster

Creosote and a wire brush, jet wash on a Sunday...

over a year ago

"ISclinical eye serum and ISClinical sunscreen (am)

Eye serum and Shea butter (pm)

Plenty of water

2xweek exfoliant.

"

ISclinical? A man who takes his skincare seriously

over a year ago

Wash with a glycerine based soap and use suncream as a daily moisturiser (baz lurman said so)

over a year ago

Alternatively gents you could follow a Patrick Batemans routine however this may lead to psychopathic tendencies

“In the morning if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1,000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.

“Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturiser, then an anti-ageing eye balm followed by a final moisturising protective lotion

over a year ago

Bumping!!

I was going to start a new one but i see there's peeps here that posted way back then so

For the posters, have you changed it? Got something new? Or got lazy!!

And for new posters do you have a routine? Good products?

In all honesty I just want to hear about what you use and how you wash ya bits in graphic detail

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm not sure if the OP, or the person who has bumped this thread, is specifically asking about the routine or the brands, but anyway:

For face wash I use Kiehl's face cleanser and The Ordinary face wash; for showering it's The Ordinary hair/bodywash and Dermol 500; for shaving Kiehl's Blue Eagle shave cream or Proraso, in conjunction with a shaving oil; Kiehl's face cream or L'Occitane post shave balm; The Ordinary B-Oil...

over a year ago

No skin care for me. Shower and job done.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure if the OP, or the person who has bumped this thread, is specifically asking about the routine or the brands, but anyway:

For face wash I use Kiehl's face cleanser and The Ordinary face wash; for showering it's The Ordinary hair/bodywash and Dermol 500; for shaving Kiehl's Blue Eagle shave cream or Proraso, in conjunction with a shaving oil; Kiehl's face cream or L'Occitane post shave balm; The Ordinary B-Oil..."

That sounds like a lot of messing about. I use thr first bottle I can get my hands on and that does the job for everything for me.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I'm not sure if the OP, or the person who has bumped this thread, is specifically asking about the routine or the brands, but anyway:

For face wash I use Kiehl's face cleanser and The Ordinary face wash; for showering it's The Ordinary hair/bodywash and Dermol 500; for shaving Kiehl's Blue Eagle shave cream or Proraso, in conjunction with a shaving oil; Kiehl's face cream or L'Occitane post shave balm; The Ordinary B-Oil..."

I recently trialled slapping Oil of Olay anti ageing stuff on my boatrace of a morning. That was an upgrade from "slosh on shower water, rub face with hands and dry with any old towel". The Oil of Olay gave me spots. I've not had spots on my face, almost ever. Certainly not since I was about 14. That's the end of my dallying with face cream. The only thing going on my face, apart from plain ol' H2O, is.........

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
over a year ago

Manchester-ish

For face wash I use Kiehl's face cleanser and The Ordinary face wash; for showering it's The Ordinary hair/bodywash and Dermol 500; for shaving Kiehl's Blue Eagle shave cream or Proraso, in conjunction with a shaving oil; Kiehl's face cream or L'Occitane post shave balm; The Ordinary B-Oil...

That sounds like a lot of messing about. I use thr first bottle I can get my hands on and that does the job for everything for me."

Here’s hoping you don't reach for the Domestos first

over a year ago

I recently trialled slapping Oil of Olay anti ageing stuff on my boatrace of a morning. That was an upgrade from "slosh on shower water, rub face with hands and dry with any old towel". The Oil of Olay gave me spots. I've not had spots on my face, almost ever. Certainly not since I was about 14. That's the end of my dallying with face cream. The only thing going on my face, apart from plain ol' H2O, is......... "

Is this yours or superman's regime? X

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I recently trialled slapping Oil of Olay anti ageing stuff on my boatrace of a morning. That was an upgrade from "slosh on shower water, rub face with hands and dry with any old towel". The Oil of Olay gave me spots. I've not had spots on my face, almost ever. Certainly not since I was about 14. That's the end of my dallying with face cream.

The only thing going on my face, apart from plain ol' H2O, is......... "

.....Nero's porcelain smooth hands, KC²?

By *weetCherryWoman
over a year ago

London

I double cleanse in the mornings with sensitive skin products. Rose hip oil and niciamide toner. Niciamide face serum plus retinol eye serum. Enzymion by lush is my day cream and celestial by lush my night one. Eye cream is the avocado one by Kiehls

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I recently trialled slapping Oil of Olay anti ageing stuff on my boatrace of a morning. That was an upgrade from "slosh on shower water, rub face with hands and dry with any old towel". The Oil of Olay gave me spots. I've not had spots on my face, almost ever. Certainly not since I was about 14. That's the end of my dallying with face cream. The only thing going on my face, apart from plain ol' H2O, is.........

Is this yours or superman's regime? X"

The H2O-only regime is both of us! It was me (Mrs) who tried the Oil of Olay and I'm pretty sure it's just me willing to use "eau de spaff" on my face

So, it's a big NO to creams and lotions and a resounding YES to water and cum, neither of which have given me spots

Post new Message to Thread