Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The best laid plans...

Jump to newest

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

brecon

Someone recently said I was just like my Dad, which always winds me up!!!

This time, however, I sat back and thought about it, and, despite sometimes making a concious effort not to, it does seem that my life has mirrored my Dads in many ways, in fact its scary!

For reasons I now understand, until recently my Dads past (up until he met my Mum at age 30) was always a mystery to us, but from the age of about 16, my life has followed almmost exactly the same pattern as my Dads, with many spooky similarities.

We both had motorbikes during our youth. We both served in the military.

We both trained as carpenters.

We both ended up re-training in a completely different direction in order to get a stable job. According to those around us, we have similar mannerisms, opinions and character traits, even though we havent really seen each other for 20 years, and hardly talked to each other when I was growing up. And there are many other similarities.

So, it seems that I am perhaps genetically programmed to live a similar existance to my Dad, which is a scary thought as he is divorced and lives alone without much contact with family. Luckily for me on a personal level I think there are enough small differences to make this unlikely, but it does make you think, dont it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i try to do as much as i can to get away from my parents!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I am so unlike my parents and sister that its scary, i bare no resemblance to any of them either physically of personality wise and its not just me that thinks it everyone says it. My son bares no resemblance to me whatsoever either so who am i? lol

Post new Message to Thread