Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Jimmy 'So Vile'

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Newsnight editor leaves and Panorama tonight. This story is set to run and run. How many BBC investigations can take place at any one time?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

wonder if he'll loose his knighthood also.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"wonder if he'll loose his knighthood also. "

No that wont happen, not sure why, but some goverment or royal know it all was on about it the other week.

Im gobsmacked they cant de-knight them

over a year ago

"wonder if he'll loose his knighthood also. "

i should think he is considerably past caring

over a year ago

"wonder if he'll loose his knighthood also.

No that wont happen, not sure why, but some goverment or royal know it all was on about it the other week.

Im gobsmacked they cant de-knight them"

He lost it when he died it only lasts as long as you are alive.

over a year ago

He lost it when he died it only lasts as long as you are alive."

Cinders is right. Knighthood expires on death and there's no legal procedure for posthemous removal or reward. His knighthood can be forgotten and people call him without the "sir" prefix without issue.

Titles are only mentioned as respect to the deceased and aren't necessary

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Newsnight editor leaves and Panorama tonight. This story is set to run and run. How many BBC investigations can take place at any one time?"
As many as it takes to keep the sensational media circus in motion i would say....

over a year ago

I'm sick of hearing about this bloody case tbh. Look how quickly April Jones was forgotten and she still hasn't been found has she. Savile is dead and nothing can be done to him now, so why not just let the whole thing drop.

By *obinhood-maidmarionCouple
over a year ago

NEWCASTLE

"I'm sick of hearing about this bloody case tbh. Look how quickly April Jones was forgotten and she still hasn't been found has she. Savile is dead and nothing can be done to him now, so why not just let the whole thing drop."

saville may be dead but his victims arnt!!! do you not think they deserve better than "let the whole thing drop"?

By *anesjhCouple
over a year ago

LONDON.

"I'm sick of hearing about this bloody case tbh. Look how quickly April Jones was forgotten and she still hasn't been found has she. Savile is dead and nothing can be done to him now, so why not just let the whole thing drop.

saville may be dead but his victims arnt!!! do you not think they deserve better than "let the whole thing drop"?"

over a year ago

"I'm sick of hearing about this bloody case tbh. Look how quickly April Jones was forgotten and she still hasn't been found has she. Savile is dead and nothing can be done to him now, so why not just let the whole thing drop."

Therein lies the issue - there is no new information on April Jones so we can all forget about her. Media cronies generating news about themselves will ensure that this will continue to be about the power structures and collusion and not the children and young people abused by Savile.

over a year ago

I think that the investigation is not just limited to Saville.

over a year ago

He lost it when he died it only lasts as long as you are alive.

Cinders is right. Knighthood expires on death and there's no legal procedure for posthemous removal or reward. His knighthood can be forgotten and people call him without the "sir" prefix without issue.

Titles are only mentioned as respect to the deceased and aren't necessary"

learn something new everyday.. thank you

over a year ago

"I'm sick of hearing about this bloody case tbh. Look how quickly April Jones was forgotten and she still hasn't been found has she. Savile is dead and nothing can be done to him now, so why not just let the whole thing drop.

Therein lies the issue - there is no new information on April Jones so we can all forget about her. Media cronies generating news about themselves will ensure that this will continue to be about the power structures and collusion and not the children and young people abused by Savile."

Very true and just because he has died it doesn't mean the victims are victims no longer.

over a year ago

"Newsnight editor leaves and Panorama tonight. This story is set to run and run. How many BBC investigations can take place at any one time?"

Pity they're all 'internal' investigations....

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I think that the investigation is not just limited to Saville."

I think its brought to light some issues with other persons linked in with Saville that are still alive and still able to face charges if there is evidence to suggest any wrong doing..

over a year ago

Therein lies the issue - there is no new information on April Jones so we can all forget about her. Media cronies generating news about themselves will ensure that this will continue to be about the power structures and collusion and not the children and young people abused by Savile.

Very true and just because he has died it doesn't mean the victims are victims no longer. "

Also true, but they don't need to be victims in the public spotlight do they. I'm sure they can get the counselling they need without putting it all out there for everyone to scrutinise. What amazes me is if he was such a predatory sexual deviant - and people knew it - how is it that these young girls are photographed with him smiling happily yet the claims are that moments after the photo was shot he abused them. I also wonder how many who claim to have been abused by him actually were. This whole sorry mess should be investigated sure, but until that investigation is complete it should not be in the public glare like it is at the moment. As another said above, this is more about media moguls point scoring and actively seeking the downfall of their competitors.

over a year ago

April Jones hasn't been forgotten. Someone has been charged and the media steer well-clear of any talk of the case, should anything be leaked which would prejudice any trial.

As for 'Mr Saville'.. this has now become a criminal investigation. There will no doubt be those still alive who were in some way involved with, facilitated and possibly participated in what he did. If they are, then they will be identified, questioned (watch this space) and possibly charged with an offence. If it gets to the charged stage, then it will die in the media for the same reasons poor little April has slipped from the front pages...

over a year ago

Very true and just because he has died it doesn't mean the victims are victims no longer.

Also true, but they don't need to be victims in the public spotlight do they. I'm sure they can get the counselling they need without putting it all out there for everyone to scrutinise. What amazes me is if he was such a predatory sexual deviant - and people knew it - how is it that these young girls are photographed with him smiling happily yet the claims are that moments after the photo was shot he abused them. I also wonder how many who claim to have been abused by him actually were. This whole sorry mess should be investigated sure, but until that investigation is complete it should not be in the public glare like it is at the moment. As another said above, this is more about media moguls point scoring and actively seeking the downfall of their competitors."

Its closure they need not counselling and people have come forward and are being given anonymity so its not public glare for them. I really don't think its on to tell the victims what they should or shouldn't do public wise or not.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Also true, but they don't need to be victims in the public spotlight do they. I'm sure they can get the counselling they need without putting it all out there for everyone to scrutinise. What amazes me is if he was such a predatory sexual deviant - and people knew it - how is it that these young girls are photographed with him smiling happily yet the claims are that moments after the photo was shot he abused them. I also wonder how many who claim to have been abused by him actually were. This whole sorry mess should be investigated sure, but until that investigation is complete it should not be in the public glare like it is at the moment. As another said above, this is more about media moguls point scoring and actively seeking the downfall of their competitors."

A lot of the girls that have reported issues were in children care homes and we all know the reputation of care homes back in the 70's, Mr Saville made them feel special by giving them rides in his posh cars something some of these girls have never done and was a treat. Regardless of them smiling in a photo it does not mean they are any less affected about the incident that happened. Maybe these girls were in ore of him and was happy to be photographed with him like any celebrity.

over a year ago

Also true, but they don't need to be victims in the public spotlight do they. I'm sure they can get the counselling they need without putting it all out there for everyone to scrutinise. What amazes me is if he was such a predatory sexual deviant - and people knew it - how is it that these young girls are photographed with him smiling happily yet the claims are that moments after the photo was shot he abused them. I also wonder how many who claim to have been abused by him actually were. This whole sorry mess should be investigated sure, but until that investigation is complete it should not be in the public glare like it is at the moment. As another said above, this is more about media moguls point scoring and actively seeking the downfall of their competitors.

A lot of the girls that have reported issues were in children care homes and we all know the reputation of care homes back in the 70's, Mr Saville made them feel special by giving them rides in his posh cars something some of these girls have never done and was a treat. Regardless of them smiling in a photo it does not mean they are any less affected about the incident that happened. Maybe these girls were in ore of him and was happy to be photographed with him like any celebrity. "

Very well said.

over a year ago

It really does sound as though no one in the Beeb knows what each other are doing.

over a year ago

"It really does sound as though no one in the Beeb knows what each other are doing."

I have worked in many different environments, all have had gossip, so find it hard to beleive that not everyone knew about SaVile. Cannot help feeling there will be a cover up, just like the Jersey Care home story faded away..

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

A lot of people are guilty by omission in this case it seems, it will take years before they manage to save their own arses, sadly i dont think answers will be forthcoming for years.

over a year ago

As they say no smoke without fire but is all the smoke really genuine? I feel sorry for people who were really involved but think its a matter for a police investigation not a press which burning session.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"It really does sound as though no one in the Beeb knows what each other are doing."

Post new Message to Thread