Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sleeping conditions

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How is your bedroom set up for your sleeping conditions?

I woke up with a sore throat because i put the heating on and forgot to turn the radiator off in my room. I like my bedroom to be cool with circulating air (window open). If i do get hot i could also stick my fan on, i like the cool side of a pillow and often wake up to flip the pillow over. Don't have a heavy duvet and i sleep with a foot out of the bed to regulate temperature.

Also my bedroom is purely for sleeping so i don't have tv or radio etc. Pitch black with no lights

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Mine is ice cold at night much to OH's complaining lol. I could not sleep with the windows shut and / or radiators on... I expect it is what you are used to...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

No heating on, windows open, but i put my electric blankt on for a bit before i get in. But because of my nightsweats when i do get to sleep the wet bed wakes me up, i then have to go and get towels otherwise id be changing the bed about three times during the night. Night times are horrendous for me, im either awake or soaking wet

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/10/12 11:55:22]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am quite slim so need the windows shut and some heating or my bones creak in the morning.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I am quite slim so need the windows shut and some heating or my bones creak in the morning. "
Love that comment - made my day lol. Guess those of us who have a bit of padding wont feel the cold that much

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"I am quite slim so need the windows shut and some heating or my bones creak in the morning. "

you can borrow my menopausal hot flushes if you like!

over a year ago

We don't have a television in our room, just an alarm clock which has a radio.

We both have touch bedside lights, 3 settings, means I can have mine on low and M will still sleep, me though, I can't sleep with any light on.

Definitely no heating, and I have a fan, have the window open a bit during warmer months but closed now as I don't want daddy long legs coming in!

We sleep with a summer tog duvet on all year round.

M says I am like a hot bottle, so definitely don't need heating on, even though our room is in part of the extension of our house which is much cooler during winter.

M sleeps naked, with one foot out and bum out!

Me just in shorties or thong, I won't stick anything out, for fear of what might be lurking

I do also rotate the pillow during the night, M doesn't, he can only sleep on one side of our pillows, the one without the velvet/satin pattern.

I can't sleep with the duvet anywhere near my face either.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"We don't have a television in our room, just an alarm clock which has a radio.

We both have touch bedside lights, 3 settings, means I can have mine on low and M will still sleep, me though, I can't sleep with any light on.

Definitely no heating, and I have a fan, have the window open a bit during warmer months but closed now as I don't want daddy long legs coming in!

M says I am like a hot bottle, so definitely don't need heating on, even though our room is in part of the extension of our house which is much cooler during winter.

Me just in shorties or thong, I won't stick anything out, for fear of what might be lurking

I do also rotate the pillow during the night, M doesn't, he can only sleep on one side of our pillows, the one without the velvet/satin pattern.

"

Was just thinking that I would not have a TV in my bedroom either... needs to be a place of tranquility and calm, well some of the time

over a year ago

"We don't have a television in our room, just an alarm clock which has a radio.

Was just thinking that I would not have a TV in my bedroom either... needs to be a place of tranquility and calm, well some of the time"

Before we moved in here, we had a tv in the last house in the bedroom, we sometimes miss it, when you want to lie in bed and watch a film, but you don't end up watching much of the film

over a year ago

Siren and I sleep in separate rooms at the moment (as the baby is in with her) but generally I like a room to be cool whereas she likes it quite warm. We're fucked when we start sleeping together again and gonna have to get two single quilts that can be joined together - hers a heavier tog than mine!

over a year ago

I find a bottle of scotch by the bed, a bowl of nytol and listening to tapes of my boss always helps me nod off!

Failing that - a quick bedtime shuffle!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

cold bedroom

mattress topper

thick duvet

facing the window

over a year ago

"I find a bottle of scotch by the bed, a bowl of nytol and listening to tapes of my boss always helps me nod off!

Failing that - a quick bedtime shuffle! "

everyday your shuffling... you really are that guy from 'LMFAO'

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

cold bedroom, no heating on, windows open and fan on (as the sound helps me to nod off).

Lots of pillows and almost mummified in the duvet.

Have telly but rarely put it on, I'm a sucker for being on my laptop in bed or listening to my ipod.

over a year ago

My bedrrom window is one solid pane so doesn't open at all.

I don't have a TV in there but I do have a radio.

I have a big retro leather armchair in there tho and some nights I don't even go in the living room, just go straight in the bedroom, stick the table lamp on, put the radio on low, get a book or log into fab and while away the hours til my eyes start shutting.

over a year ago

As for sleeping, this time of year I put the leccy blanket on to warm the bed, but switch it off before I get in.

I have 4 pillows - 2 to rest my head on + 2 position round me.

I hate having hot legs and feet in bed, so usually I am only covered from shoulders to arse once I've been in there for 10 mins or so.

over a year ago

"My bedrrom window is one solid pane so doesn't open at all.

I have a big retro leather armchair in there tho and some nights I don't even go in the living room, just go straight in the bedroom, stick the table lamp on, put the radio on low, get a book or log into fab and while away the hours til my eyes start shutting."

Sometimes that security glass is as effective as bars!! Assume they're still letting you out daily though?

over a year ago

I have a big retro leather armchair in there tho and some nights I don't even go in the living room, just go straight in the bedroom, stick the table lamp on, put the radio on low, get a book or log into fab and while away the hours til my eyes start shutting.

Sometimes that security glass is as effective as bars!! Assume they're still letting you out daily though? "

I have my own key to get some fresh air, but I'm like one of them clever trolleys they have in Tesco these days.

Take me outside the gate and all the locks go on

over a year ago

Sometimes that security glass is as effective as bars!! Assume they're still letting you out daily though?

I have my own key to get some fresh air, but I'm like one of them clever trolleys they have in Tesco these days.

Take me outside the gate and all the locks go on "

Take the gate with you!! Simples!

Unless someone from across the border has already nicked it! Lol

over a year ago

i wear a nighty and wooly socks in bed because i am so cold, have just bought a hot water bottle. i always wake up hot in the night and just get hotter and hotter so i take off my clothes and open all the windows.

i have a radio in my room to listen to when i am in the bathroom.

we sleep in the box room because the neighbours used to keep me awake.

over a year ago

open window all year no heating on,2 blankets 1 which it minky feels mmmm do turn pillow few time in the night.if Ad closed the window i wake up bad ache

over a year ago

Love getting into a cold bed

No heating on in room at all

but wake all snuggled in the quilt

and sleep naked, sometimes with legs out of bed

Pillow turning is a regular occurrence too

over a year ago

I like the room to be warm but I don't like it pitch black so always leave the curtains open.

In the winter I am always very sexily dressed in fleecy pj's, bed socks with a hot water bottle.

When I was a little girl my mum told me a scary story about a ghost under the bed and pulling people out of their beds if their limbs were dangling out. Why she told me this ill never know as I have never dangled anything out of the bed just in case it happens. This fcear has been further exacerbated by watching paranormal activity

By *he Original TTMan
over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

"Love getting into a cold bed

No heating on in room at all

but wake all snuggled in the quilt

and sleep naked, sometimes with legs out of bed

Pillow turning is a regular occurrence too

"

Ditto on all counts!!

over a year ago

2 pillows, all year duvet and hot or cold, if I'm tired I'm tired I'll go sleep no matter what.

I could fall a sleep anywhere when tired, stairs, floor, stood up lol

over a year ago

Prefer a cold bedroom with a lite duvet, window open all year and thick heavy curtains to keep out the lite.

If............i sleep with anyone , i tend to find the are like having a radiator in the bed so cut them down the middle with the duvet.

their half and mine

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"2 pillows, all year duvet and hot or cold, if I'm tired I'm tired I'll go sleep no matter what.

I could fall a sleep anywhere when tired, stairs, floor, stood up lol "

Yep same here, although i cant sleep if i can hear talking.

over a year ago

Oh and only one little skinny flat pillow....cant do the big puffy things.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"How is your bedroom set up for your sleeping conditions?

I woke up with a sore throat because i put the heating on and forgot to turn the radiator off in my room. I like my bedroom to be cool with circulating air (window open). If i do get hot i could also stick my fan on, i like the cool side of a pillow and often wake up to flip the pillow over. Don't have a heavy duvet and i sleep with a foot out of the bed to regulate temperature.

Also my bedroom is purely for sleeping so i don't have tv or radio etc. Pitch black with no lights "

Pretty much the same but I bet mine is more untidy than yours

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Big fat feather pillows, feather duvet with a bedspread over the top which I can pull up or push away to regulate temperature, memory foam mattress, 100% cotton sheets pref high thread count (smoother against my skin), window ajar all year round, radiator turned low so room is cool but not cold - in summer I get a fan out so it's still cool and I can still snuggle into my duvet.

Oh, and two cats that manage to pinch a lot of the bed between them!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

And I love it so much I just drove for five hours after a manic days work so I could sleep in my own bed!

over a year ago

Not the current conditions, clearly, as I am not sleeping.

over a year ago

Uncomfortable, not dark enough, I'm too hot, most of the space is full of cat, my pillows are too thin and feel hard and I'm hungry.

over a year ago

Oh and one shoulder, one knee and my lower back hurt.

*grump*

over a year ago

I'll bring the blackout blind, rustle you something up to eat and then give you a massage and before you know it zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

over a year ago

Morningggg.... i need sleep

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Morningggg.... i need sleep"

well im still here, was reading but came down for a ciggie

over a year ago

"Morningggg.... i need sleep"

Morning, me to as I'm up at 7

over a year ago

"Morningggg.... i need sleep

well im still here, was reading but came down for a ciggie"

I was on msn (first time in about 2yrs id used it) guy who i was yapping too wanted sleep and now im still awake grrr

over a year ago

I was on msn (first time in about 2yrs id used it) guy who i was yapping too wanted sleep and now im still awake grrr"

What a selfish tosser! Surely any gent would have allowed you to doze off (and not dribble of course) first?

Shocking behaviour! he should be punished!

over a year ago

I was on msn (first time in about 2yrs id used it) guy who i was yapping too wanted sleep and now im still awake grrr

What a selfish tosser! Surely any gent would have allowed you to doze off (and not dribble of course) first?

Shocking behaviour! he should be punished! "

I agree, cane him

over a year ago

Shocking behaviour! he should be punished!

I agree, cane him "

Actually come to think of it sod him and cane me

over a year ago

I'll do more than cane him!!

over a year ago

"I'll do more than cane you Rusty I'll ruin you "

Hmmmm Sassy behave your getting me going

over a year ago

I just like to have both eyes shut!......Failed last night ! Grrrrr

over a year ago

"I'll do more than cane you Rusty I'll ruin you .

Hmmmm Sassy behave your getting me going "

haha wishful thinking??

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

What is this sleep thing you speak of??

over a year ago

"What is this sleep thing you speak of?? "

It's that thing some folk do between working, wanking, shagging, eating and drinking!

Lightweights!

over a year ago

Love a cool room, window open especially when its raining, love listening to rain drops, she likes a warm room and calls me her hot water bottle,, both sleep naked, easier for penetration when feeling kinky

over a year ago

"I'll bring the blackout blind, rustle you something up to eat and then give you a massage and before you know it zzzzzzzzzzzzzz "

How soon can you be here?

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"What is this sleep thing you speak of??

It's that thing some folk do between working, wanking, shagging, eating and drinking!

Lightweights! "

ahh thank you kind sir. (fancy a fuck?). X

over a year ago

I prefer to sleep naked but I can't, really, when sleeping (or trying to) on other people's sofas and floors.

On the world's least comfortable sofabed at the moment. Would much rather be naked, in my bed, in a totally dark, cool but not cold room with the purr of one of my cats the only sound.

over a year ago

Anyone want to come and massage my achey bits and then shag me til I pass out?

Bring earplugs. I snore. (Add that to my c.v., Sharon! )

over a year ago

"I'll do more than cane you Rusty I'll ruin you .

Hmmmm Sassy behave your getting me going

haha wishful thinking?? "

I no lol

over a year ago

cool bed big pillow and all year round duvet for me coupled with a pillow played between my knees and a thin pillow to rest my boobs on.

tv in bedroom as I like to sleep with it on

over a year ago

"How is your bedroom set up for your sleeping conditions?

Also my bedroom is purely for sleeping so i don't have tv or radio etc. Pitch black with no lights "

Ditto but both feet out of bed, just hot blooded I guess

over a year ago

I like to sleep with windows open, curtains open, no heating,read a few chapters, then snooze.

The dog however, likes to get in the shower cubicle to sleep lol

Post new Message to Thread