Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Poppy sellers to get minders

Jump to newest

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

The mail on line running story about poppy sellers having minders because they are seen has easy targets. Bring back the stocks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Targets for who?

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Targets for who?"

Flower lovers.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Targets for who?"

Opium dealers.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Targets for who?

Opium dealers."

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"Targets for who?"

Muggers and low life scum that would take cash off a charity

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"The mail on line running story about poppy sellers having minders because they are seen has easy targets. Bring back the stocks. "
That is pretty sick... but then so are the nasty tweets against Adele and her family. I sometimes really wonder what drives people - where that hatred comes from.

over a year ago

"Targets for who?

Opium dealers."

Ha ha very funny Seriously who would target poppy sellers though?

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"The mail on line running story about poppy sellers having minders because they are seen has easy targets. Bring back the stocks. That is pretty sick... but then so are the nasty tweets against Adele and her family. I sometimes really wonder what drives people - where that hatred comes from. "

They are sick some people, the others just try and pray on the weak and vulnerable

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"Targets for who?

Opium dealers.

Ha ha very funny Seriously who would target poppy sellers though?"

Read the story, took collection box off a young girl

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"The mail on line running story about poppy sellers having minders because they are seen has easy targets. Bring back the stocks. That is pretty sick... but then so are the nasty tweets against Adele and her family. I sometimes really wonder what drives people - where that hatred comes from.

They are sick some people, the others just try and pray on the weak and vulnerable "

There was a program on TV last week, one of several parts with Richard Dawkins - while it focussed on the effect religion may or may not have on our morality, it did highlight something about mankind being born with the capacity for empathy. Does make you wonder what happened to these people when they were very young to have lost that...

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Whos paying for the minders?

over a year ago

There seems to be a total lack of respect in society these days for others. To assault someone collecting for charity is the lowest of the low.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"There seems to be a total lack of respect in society these days for others. To assault someone collecting for charity is the lowest of the low. "

Nahhhh it's not even in the bottom ten or lowest lows.

over a year ago

Because The Mail have never ran a story with little factual basis that is designed to create hysteria...

By *istress_L-CaptainCouple
over a year ago

Southport

It's happened in the past and I think its disguising. I know it takes all sorts but that's just low.

over a year ago

When I was a kid I seem to recall a lot of churches having their collection tins stolen regularly, hence why churches are locked these days when Services are not on. I'm not a religious man by any means but stealing from a church is pretty low, as is stealing from a charity worker.

Maybe we're not too far away from a time when cash collections will be a thing of the past and charities will have to rely on direct debit, or debit card collecting. My bank sent me a sticker that has my account details embedded in to put on my phone that allows me to pay without putting my pin no in or signing anything, I just wave my phone at the chip reader, select the amount and that's it.

over a year ago

". My bank sent me a sticker that has my account details embedded in to put on my phone that allows me to pay without putting my pin no in or signing anything, I just wave my phone at the chip reader, select the amount and that's it."

if you bought a lotto ticket would that be Chip & Win?

over a year ago

If the public was allowed to give the thieving bastards a kicking when caught then maybe they would think twice about robbing the people who fought so they can rob them and get away with it.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"If the public was allowed to give the thieving bastards a kicking when caught then maybe they would think twice about robbing the people who fought so they can rob them and get away with it."

i await the first do gooder who says that the muggers are poor misunderstood darlings and that giving them a dam good kicking wont teach them a lesson.

some of the poppy sellers must wonder why they bothered to fight the war for freedom, when these toe rags can rob and steal

over a year ago

"If the public was allowed to give the thieving bastards a kicking when caught then maybe they would think twice about robbing the people who fought so they can rob them and get away with it.

i await the first do gooder who says that the muggers are poor misunderstood darlings and that giving them a dam good kicking wont teach them a lesson.

some of the poppy sellers must wonder why they bothered to fight the war for freedom, when these toe rags can rob and steal "

I'd say send them off to fight in the army bth being an ex squaddie myself I wouldn't want the scum anywhere near me !

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

In the Mail? Must be true then and not a sensationalised half-truth.

over a year ago

"In the Mail? Must be true then and not a sensationalised half-truth."

over a year ago

"In the Mail? Must be true then and not a sensationalised half-truth."

This! Is there any evidence that muggers are specifically targeting poppy sellers? Do muggers suddenly care whose money they take?

Aside from that, poppy sellers round my way have a tendency to be active servicemen in uniform. I would like to think they wouldn't need babysitting.

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"If the public was allowed to give the thieving bastards a kicking when caught then maybe they would think twice about robbing the people who fought so they can rob them and get away with it.

some of the poppy sellers must wonder why they bothered to fight the war for freedom, when these toe rags can rob and steal "

Believe me they never second guess the fighting for freedom it's the inability to respect that binds them. Do not get me wrong I love my country and most the people in it makes me proud, it a very small number that makes me sick to the pit of my smotach.

Post new Message to Thread