Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

scottish newspapers

Jump to newest

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

Why do they seem to have a big thing against fab?

Thankfully papers dowm south don't seem to have the same vendetta as their cousins from north of the border

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's the lack of salad....

over a year ago

wonder if the broons get in here ? mmmm n hope oor willys bi lol

By *lasgowguy64Man
over a year ago

Hamilton

"It's the lack of salad.... "
salad? salad? rings a bell but doesn't quite compute

over a year ago

Oi, I'll have you know I eat salad at least once a month. Lol

over a year ago

what have the scottish papers said about fab?

over a year ago

what have the scottish papers said about fab?

over a year ago

"what have the scottish papers said about fab?"

Have a look here

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/128075

over a year ago

"what have the scottish papers said about fab?"

Also here

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/128029

over a year ago

"Why do they seem to have a big thing against fab?

Thankfully papers dowm south don't seem to have the same vendetta as their cousins from north of the border "

Thats probably a reg rag to a bull. I cant see the English papers missing out on putting the boot in.

over a year ago

I hinted at this in a comment on the thread about the 'Outed Police Office' and it was described as - and I quote - 'utter tosh' by someone. I will forgive them for their possible ignorance of Scottish Print Media...

Having worked for a company in the Scottish printing industry for some years (won't go any further on that) in the 80's I was acutely aware of the heavy religious 'entrenchment' of all of the, then, Scottish print media - very much along the lines of Celtic-Rangers situation.

There IS (sorry - no italics!) a strong underlying 'Puritanical background' running behind the editorial 'leanings' of each of the Scottish dailies.

I does not surprise me one bit that the newspapers north of the border have 'got it in' for this site based on what I gleaned about them (almost) from within...

Pork

over a year ago

It shouldn't come a surprise to learn that up until a couple of years ago swinging clubs in Scotland were classed the same as brothels and none were given licences to open (I believe there is now one in Edinburgh, if it's still open), hence why Scottish MPs come down to Manchester to visit swinging clubs.

over a year ago

Interesting reading all round. I think he was a little naive in the way he did things though. A lesson for all I think.

over a year ago

"I hinted at this in a comment on the thread about the 'Outed Police Office' and it was described as - and I quote - 'utter tosh' by someone. I will forgive them for their possible ignorance of Scottish Print Media...

Having worked for a company in the Scottish printing industry for some years (won't go any further on that) in the 80's I was acutely aware of the heavy religious 'entrenchment' of all of the, then, Scottish print media - very much along the lines of Celtic-Rangers situation.

There IS (sorry - no italics!) a strong underlying 'Puritanical background' running behind the editorial 'leanings' of each of the Scottish dailies.

I does not surprise me one bit that the newspapers north of the border have 'got it in' for this site based on what I gleaned about them (almost) from within...

Pork"

Some time ago I lived and worked in the far North of Scotland - between Inverness & Aberdeen. The general concensus was that the English were heathens and that the Scottish were a role model for societies around the world. Anything that had any kind of English connection was ignored, and that applied to persons like me with a Sassenach accent. The so called National newspapers virtually ignored England, Wales and Ireland (both sides of the border). When they deigned it allowable to put anything about the rest of the UK, it was usually with an anti-Protestant slant. It was if Robert the Bruce was still alive and putting all outside Scotland under siege.

Regarding a strong underlying 'Puritanical background', I agree with this statement.

What puzzles me though is why do Scotsmen wear kilts and no underwear? One wag said to me that it's because the Jocks always shat themselves when the English Army invaded Scotland!!!

over a year ago

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

There was I thinking it was down to too much square sausage...;-)

over a year ago

They'll get bored soon an pick on someone else, there's a lot worse out there than fab !

I'm sure those same journalists were stuck up JS arse not so long ago lol

By *avy42 n jazCouple
over a year ago

Ayr

"

What puzzles me though is why do Scotsmen wear kilts and no underwear? One wag said to me that it's because the Jocks always shat themselves when the English Army invaded Scotland!!! "

to your question why we wear nothing under kilt, is so we can fire into someone alot quicker lol,

By *avy42 n jazCouple
over a year ago

Ayr

plus on a good note yo, least some of the people reading this maybe start to come to scotland room for a chat lol

over a year ago

"What puzzles me though is why do Scotsmen wear kilts and no underwear? One wag said to me that it's because the Jocks always shat themselves when the English Army invaded Scotland!!! "

over a year ago

cant find the link to see what the papers have said about fab

over a year ago

"cant find the link to see what the papers have said about fab"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203266/Mother-39-horrified-swingers-website-declaring-love-blindfolds-leather-threesomes-knowledge.html

over a year ago

sorry that is not one of the scottish ones.

over a year ago

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-officer-posts-pictures-in-uniform-1390160

over a year ago

thx have read the Record now

Post new Message to Thread