Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who remembers?

Jump to newest

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman
over a year ago

morecambe

Who remembers bringing home for Sunday tea your new boy friend/girl friend. Your mother did a ham salad and for afters you got tinned fruit and carnation milk and did a lot of home made backing to add to the spread. She got out her own wedding percents her best for the table and all dressed in Sunday best. Who remembers the days when that happened?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Who remembers bringing home for Sunday tea your new boy friend/girl friend. Your mother did a ham salad and for afters you got tinned fruit and carnation milk and did a lot of home made backing to add to the spread. She got out her own wedding percents her best for the table and all dressed in Sunday best. Who remembers the days when that happened?

"

Nope , never happened to me tbh

over a year ago

I do!! And the baby pictures, totally embarrassed, and it happened a, few times

over a year ago

Errr no

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"Who remembers bringing home for Sunday tea your new boy friend/girl friend. Your mother did a ham salad and for afters you got tinned fruit and carnation milk and did a lot of home made backing to add to the spread. She got out her own wedding percents her best for the table and all dressed in Sunday best. Who remembers the days when that happened?

Nope , never happened to me tbh "

Me neither.

Only time a took a girlfriend home, was to introduce her to the family and tell them she was pregnant.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Me neither.

Only time a took a girlfriend home, was to introduce her to the family and tell them she was pregnant. "

We got fish and chips and ate out of the paper

By *for2Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"

OMG yes, and the cringy conversations and photo albums arrrggghhh...

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

What goes on in Morecambe should stay in Morecambe

over a year ago

Never took anyone home

Sunday dad would be hungover from Saturday and grumpy as fuck wanting to fight anyone

Mum was never anywhere to be seen on a Sunday

Usually myself cooking Sunday dinner for myself and my younger siblings and doing so since aged 11

over a year ago

Me neither.

Only time a took a girlfriend home, was to introduce her to the family and tell them she was pregnant. "

Fucks sake!

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I have never introduced a boyfriend to my family, even those I've lived with.

I don't think my mum would be able to name a single one of my exes, and since I have tended to take friends to any family events my extended family think I'm a lesbian. Except for my cousin's husband, who sent me unsolicited dick pics on a hookup site.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

[Removed by poster at 21/03/22 14:32:13]

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Me neither.

Only time a took a girlfriend home, was to introduce her to the family and tell them she was pregnant.

Fucks sake! "

I was about 25 had been seeing her for 2 years and stayed with her for 13 more.

My parents just weren't that social.

over a year ago

Me neither.

Fucks sake!

I was about 25 had been seeing her for 2 years and stayed with her for 13 more.

My parents just weren't that social. "

I'm just imagining the scene. I guess my parents are that social when I think about it but then I am close to all my family - since we moved to the UK.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Nope, never had a girlfriend.

Never had a friend come to think of it

over a year ago

Mine wasn't like that

It was more along the lines of... "I don't like her, that Helen is a lovely girl, oh, and if you're going upstairs, leave the door open"

Turns out Mother was right tho

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes remember going to my first husbands and looking through the photo album! We came to one pic a group st John's ambulance pic only to see my self on it along with my group! I have a copy of it still on my wall! my mum used to call carnation runny milk for some reason! X

By *ames_dieselMan
over a year ago

London

"I have never introduced a boyfriend to my family, even those I've lived with.

I don't think my mum would be able to name a single one of my exes, and since I have tended to take friends to any family events my extended family think I'm a lesbian. Except for my cousin's husband, who sent me unsolicited dick pics on a hookup site."

OMG What?! Ha!!

over a year ago

"

And you couldn't open your tin of carnation milk because your brass hand was all rusted up and you'd run out of Pearson's brass hand oil.

Do you remember?

Post new Message to Thread