Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

John Lennon

Jump to newest

By *awty Welsh Cpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

a club near you

The story goes a teacher asked John what he wanted to be when he grew up? He said happy.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes

over a year ago

I heard he said a Lepidoptera.

over a year ago

When he met Forrest Gump, his life really changed according to sources close to him.

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"The story goes a teacher asked John what he wanted to be when he grew up? He said happy."

Supposedly the teacher then said 'You don't understand the question' to which John replied 'You don't understand life'.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"The story goes a teacher asked John what he wanted to be when he grew up? He said happy."

Imagine that.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"The story goes a teacher asked John what he wanted to be when he grew up? He said happy.

Supposedly the teacher then said 'You don't understand the question' to which John replied 'You don't understand life'.

"

How old was John at this time? I really do not believe that any child has this much foresight and wisdom, they are all far too wrapped up in themselves.

over a year ago

"The story goes a teacher asked John what he wanted to be when he grew up? He said happy.

How old was John at this time? I really do not believe that any child has this much foresight and wisdom, they are all far too wrapped up in themselves."

But you also want kids to be out of sight and earshot. So you may not have experienced such joys.

over a year ago

There's a good article on the RadioX website that theorises about the validity if the actual quote/story.

Conclusion: highly unlikely. But non of the reasons relate to age - but other circumstances in his life at the time of primary school, and the lack of any record of his quote.

Kids can say some amazing things. We should probably listen to them more. World would be a better place.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

How old was John at this time? I really do not believe that any child has this much foresight and wisdom, they are all far too wrapped up in themselves.

But you also want kids to be out of sight and earshot. So you may not have experienced such joys. "

Indeed not, I've been coping with anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. But I am still entitled to my opinion and it doesnt make my question any less valid.

over a year ago

But you also want kids to be out of sight and earshot. So you may not have experienced such joys.

Indeed not, I've been coping with anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. But I am still entitled to my opinion and it doesnt make my question any less valid."

Nobody challenged the right to an opinion. Only that it may not be informed with a full spectrum of experience.

Good luck with the A&D. It sucks.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Indeed not, I've been coping with anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. But I am still entitled to my opinion and it doesnt make my question any less valid.

Nobody challenged the right to an opinion. Only that it may not be informed with a full spectrum of experience.

Good luck with the A&D. It sucks."

Most opinions don't come from a full spectrum of experience, that's why they are opinions and not facts. My opinion is based on a few reasons which I shall list for you.

1) I do not and will not have children, the only children I will ever care about are my niece and nephew and that's only because they are blood. Apart from not liking children, I do not want the responsibility, looking after myself is all the responsibility that I can muster, and that takes far more effort than I desire. I wont even have a pet because of it

2) I am a misanthrope. There are far top many people on this planet, way more than the planets' resources can provide for. We dont need more people, and I think this planet would be significantly better without us.

Thanks, I'm coping

over a year ago

So err… are we saying he didn’t say it then?

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"So err… are we saying he didn’t say it then? "

He didn't say lots of things that were attributed to him.

'Hey Johnny, is Ringo the best drummer in the world' ?

'He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles'

One of the many things he didn't say.

Post new Message to Thread