Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Think you can get it the other way around? Rather than the common way

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *xmfrvnMan
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

As in brought down by nice weather? Don't see why not.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes!!!

Sunny days make me depressed

over a year ago

"Yes!!!

"

I can be like this

Sunny days bring about a guilt, like I should be doing more. It comes of a childhood where we always had to be outbloodyside.

Shitty days make me feel more justified in my slothiness.

over a year ago

Yes definitely but it isn't something that is accepted as much as Winter SAD. I've got better over the years, but Summer used to send me into a huge spiral of depression and sadness. And it still does but not to the degree it used to.

I think for me it comes down to anxiety and everywhere being busier, feeling like you're looked down on for not enjoying it because who could possibly hate the hot weather? And also body confidence issues play a part for me too. I am much better these days and it doesn't effect me too much as I've grown a lot in confidence over the years but I completely do think Summer SAD is a thing.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Summer is much crapper than winter. I don't like bugs, long days, the heat.

over a year ago

For sure. I don't want to give up my duvet cocoon

over a year ago

Yeah, all that stuff was what I was thinking. Wishing you could just be normal or some shit like everyone else. Everyone is on display and you can’t just hide and go unnoticed

over a year ago

"Yes!!!

"

There’s no hug emoji but, well, ‘hug’

over a year ago

"Yes!!!

I can be like this

Sunny days bring about a guilt, like I should be doing more. It comes of a childhood where we always had to be outbloodyside.

Shitty days make me feel more justified in my slothiness. "

Sloth ness

over a year ago

"For sure. I don't want to give up my duvet cocoon "

Love it

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Summer is much crapper than winter. I don't like bugs, long days, the heat. "

I have to say I agree with you. Sunlight triggers incessant sneezing in me first thing in the morning.

I'm not a fan of warm weather. I much prefer Autumn.

over a year ago

Never mind, it will be winter soon!

over a year ago

"Yes definitely but it isn't something that is accepted as much as Winter SAD. I've got better over the years, but Summer used to send me into a huge spiral of depression and sadness. And it still does but not to the degree it used to.

I think for me it comes down to anxiety and everywhere being busier, feeling like you're looked down on for not enjoying it because who could possibly hate the hot weather? And also body confidence issues play a part for me too. I am much better these days and it doesn't effect me too much as I've grown a lot in confidence over the years but I completely do think Summer SAD is a thing.

"

I’m really glad to hear it doesn’t affect you as much!

By *xmfrvnMan
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Warm weather does make me realise how unhealthy I've got thanks to the winter S.A.D, both in chubbiness & being sweatier. I think the summer light really helps me though.

There's an interesting art installation by Liz West called Your Colour Perception inspired by S.A.D, which features a rainbow of lights throughout a space & allows visitors to find the light that helps them feel most at comfort.

over a year ago

"Yes definitely but it isn't something that is accepted as much as Winter SAD. I've got better over the years, but Summer used to send me into a huge spiral of depression and sadness. And it still does but not to the degree it used to.

I’m really glad to hear it doesn’t affect you as much!"

Thank you. I do feel for you because I know how bad it can get. You are very normal, and it's ok to not enjoy Summer. I hope the months will pass quickly for you.

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

Summer is when I feel the most lonely. When everyone else seems to be out doing stuff and going places with others and enjoying the weather. I don’t really have anyone to do that with.

over a year ago

"Summer is when I feel the most lonely. When everyone else seems to be out doing stuff and going places with others and enjoying the weather. I don’t really have anyone to do that with. "

If you were closer, we’d go for drinks and cheese-less fondue

over a year ago

"Yeah, all that stuff was what I was thinking. Wishing you could just be normal or some shit like everyone else. Everyone is on display and you can’t just hide and go unnoticed "

I hear ya. The area I live in gets super busy on fine days. I avoid the crowds, make a beeline for home, and then read indoors like a big weirdo x

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

For me it's because this time of year, when we have brightt sun and a chill in the air, brings back bad memories of things that happened.

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I used to prefer winter until my health deteriorated to the point where I had to stop work. Now I cant wait for summer and a warm flat!

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I have pangs of guilt in the summer, that I'm not out and about being productive, and I'm wasting the sunshine.

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

"Summer is when I feel the most lonely. When everyone else seems to be out doing stuff and going places with others and enjoying the weather. I don’t really have anyone to do that with.

If you were closer, we’d go for drinks and cheese-less fondue "

Aw yeah!

By *cottieboy123Man
over a year ago

Perth

"Summer is when I feel the most lonely. When everyone else seems to be out doing stuff and going places with others and enjoying the weather. I don’t really have anyone to do that with.

If you were closer, we’d go for drinks and cheese-less fondue "

Cheese-less fondue? Is that a proper Scottish Mars Bar suggestion?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Definitely, the really warm days of 30 degree heat and 90% humidity really gets me down because it's just not possible to do anything without feeling drained

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Summer is when I feel the most lonely. When everyone else seems to be out doing stuff and going places with others and enjoying the weather. I don’t really have anyone to do that with. "

Well that hit home harder than I thought it would

over a year ago

I’m totally a summer girl!!! Longer days, sitting out in the sun, tan lotion scents, the heatewave

It makes me sad when summer is over

over a year ago

Literally who are you people?

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Yes!!!

"

NOOOOOO?

over a year ago

You can have it anytime, hence the acronym

SEASONAL

ADJUSTMENT

DISORDER

If it was only wintertime it would be called W.A.D.

Your welcome

over a year ago

Isn't it seasonal affected disorder?

over a year ago

"Isn't it seasonal affected disorder? "

Not according to the manufacturer of the fluorescent tubes for the SAD fittings

over a year ago

Fuck that. I'm not far away from Hull and it's the city of culture or some shit. Lets do stuff

over a year ago

Well that hit home harder than I thought it would "

Go chat to that guy who walks backwards. Thats derby right??

over a year ago

I’m really glad to hear it doesn’t affect you as much!

Thank you. I do feel for you because I know how bad it can get. You are very normal, and it's ok to not enjoy Summer. I hope the months will pass quickly for you. "

I love Summer and all seasons. Just need a labotomy

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Fuck that. I'm not far away from Hull and it's the city of culture or some shit. Lets do stuff "

You're also not so far from Manchester - happy to do culture and other shizz

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Fuck that. I'm not far away from Hull and it's the city of culture or some shit. Lets do stuff

You're also not so far from Manchester - happy to do culture and other shizz "

Count me in KC. If we have a summer like last year, I'll be hiding indoors x

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

This is genuinely one of those "every day's a school day" threads. I had never thought of summer conjuring those feelings in people (and I promise I'm normally not that lacking in empathy).

I have no answers but hope you all don't suffer too badly, and find happiness in the sun, wherever you can, in whatever way you want to (no guilt for reading indoors or duvet days at any time of the year!)

Post new Message to Thread