By *iker Bull OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

Anyonevriding an ebike? Thoughts

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

My son offered to buy me one but I declined as I prefer to b peddling plus leaving it locked outside work 7 hrs would probably b pinched! I love the work out I get riding my bike x

By *oah VailMan
over a year ago

Dover

I have one I use for the commute to work. It’s pretty good.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

This sounds odd, at 50, I can't, and have never been able to ride a bike

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

I have a normal and an electric I used the electric for my work commute until health issues stopped me it's great for if you have a lot of hills.

By *oah VailMan
over a year ago

Dover

I bought a kit of parts to retrofit the elderly hybrid I used for the commute. I didn’t fancy leaving a grand or more's worth of bike parked up in the station bike shed all day. It cost about £400 for the kit, and any competent DIYer that can look after their own bike could fit it in an afternoon (although me being me, I did go down a bit of a rabbit hole with making all the wiring neat and tidy).

I have some pretty hefty hills to get up on the way home and the electric assistance not only makes it easier, it cuts the return journey time down by half.

I have a conventional lightweight roadster for leisure rides, but for the commute I only ever use the electric one now.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes I ride a full suspension ebike & love it

over a year ago

I have an expensive e road bike. It’s great! It’s a myth about the not pedalling thing. The first evokes went on their own but they were very heavy. Modern ones require you to pedal all the time but the effect is to reduce the hills. So I can go twice as far and enjoy a much better outing.

over a year ago

Wife has a full sus ebike. It's great as it means we can go out riding together in Wales etc. Only issue with them, is when when your reasonably fit riding mates get them.

By *irebrand 1263Man
over a year ago

near you

Great bit of kit...i go further & for longer on it...great on the hills!!

Post new Message to Thread