Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

To report or not....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What are your views on reporting people who pull out of meeting at the last minute? Had it happen again today, starting to get really ticked off.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"What are your views on reporting people who pull out of meeting at the last minute? Had it happen again today, starting to get really ticked off. "
So they didnt inform you?

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

In 4+ years I've only ever had one person postpone at late notice and one no show.

If it's happening to you all the time maybe you need to look at what you're doing.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

What we're their reasons?

I'd be a bit pissed off if someone reported me for not turning up because when I had a good reason.

over a year ago

I was 5 minutes away from where we were meeting when I recieved a message saying not to come anymore.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Life goes on yawn.

over a year ago

It’s a pisser when it happens and I understand your frustration, but its all part of the hazards of our chosen lifestyle, however I really don’t see much value reporting these people unless your hoping they’ll be sent to sit on the naughty-step wearing a pointy hat emblazoned with the words "Unreliable" …!!!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I am not sure whether reporting anybody, presumably you mean to Admin, would achieve anything. For one the "letters down" may have a very genuine reason for nthe last minute call off but also, what could Admin do about it? And who would be the judge as to whether a reason to cancel at short notice is good enough or not? Just a thought!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"It’s a pisser when it happens and I understand your frustration, but its all part of the hazards of our chosen lifestyle, however I really don’t see much value reporting these people unless your hoping they’ll be sent to sit on the naughty-step wearing a pointy hat emblazoned with the words "Unreliable" …!!!

"

Soxy, do you alwyas have to be so colourful .... it puts me to shame... Think I should report you for outshining me EVERY TIME!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If it was a no show I would report. There is the facility for that. For someone cancelling and letting you know you can either re-arrange, or put it down to experience and block them so it won't happen again.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Unfortunately the option on report profile is 'arranged to meet didn't turn up', not 'cancelled at last minute'. I think the only thing you can do is block and ignore them. It sucks, but it happens.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Unfortunately the option on report profile is 'arranged to meet didn't turn up', not 'cancelled at last minute'. I think the only thing you can do is block and ignore them. It sucks, but it happens."

Precisely. Although there is one for 'Other' but I doubt that it is meant for those who have let you know, as irritating as it may be.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"If it was a no show I would report. There is the facility for that. For someone cancelling and letting you know you can either re-arrange, or put it down to experience and block them so it won't happen again."
I was not even aware of that but then I have not had that experience yet.

over a year ago

"It’s a pisser when it happens and I understand your frustration, but its all part of the hazards of our chosen lifestyle, however I really don’t see much value reporting these people unless your hoping they’ll be sent to sit on the naughty-step wearing a pointy hat emblazoned with the words "Unreliable" …!!!

Soxy, do you alwyas have to be so colourful .... it puts me to shame... Think I should report you for outshining me EVERY TIME! "

My dearest Affro,,,,, is that your subtle way of saying I'm camper that a row of tents......sheeez girl....I thought me and you are mates..... xxx

over a year ago

Yeah on reflection it wouldnt achive much. Just wondered what peoples views were. Onwards and upwards

over a year ago

I've had to cancel on someone just as they got to me. My son had fallen at school and cut his head. The guy was pulling up outside as I cancelled.

Should I have been reported? It's not nice but sometimes things happen.

Cali

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Soxy, do you alwyas have to be so colourful .... it puts me to shame... Think I should report you for outshining me EVERY TIME!

My dearest Affro,,,,, is that your subtle way of saying I'm camper that a row of tents......sheeez girl....I thought me and you are mates..... xxx "

We are but I hate it when you are cleverer than me EVERY single time.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I've had to cancel on someone just as they got to me. My son had fallen at school and cut his head. The guy was pulling up outside as I cancelled.

Should I have been reported? It's not nice but sometimes things happen.

Cali"

Exactly! I had to pull out of a meet at short notice due to an emergency with an elderly relative.... nothing I could do and my priority clearly had to be the relative. I would have been very disappointed if my meet had reported me for timewasting.

over a year ago

I've got bigger and more important things to worry about than someone not turning up for a meet, so personally I'd not bother my arse to report them, but if it floats your boat and makes you feel better, go ahead and report them, not that it'll do any good, they still didn't turn up for the meet ...

over a year ago

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll leave it there...

over a year ago

My dearest Affro,,,,, is that your subtle way of saying I'm camper that a row of tents......sheeez girl....I thought me and you are mates..... xxx We are but I hate it when you are cleverer than me EVERY single time. "

Nooooooo Affro…… I’m not clever,,,,,, Its just light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak…… haha

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

We've been let down more than once

Shit happens, it's no big issue, plenty more offers in the wings

over a year ago

it happens.......move on

Post new Message to Thread