FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who has met or would like to meet a star?

Jump to newest

By *he love cats OP   Couple
over a year ago

South Wales

Have you or would you like to meet your hero. If you have how did it go, did they live up to expectations or was you let down and disappointed by them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They say never meet your hero’s.

That’s why I stopped letting people meet me.

over a year ago

Bumped into one of my favourite musicians in Memphis, he was heading to return a book but was gracious enough to allow a photo. Couldn’t believe my luck.

Also met another singer in Edinburgh and he was an absolute gent

over a year ago

I met John Barnes walking down Piccadilly… I walked up and shook his hand he was perfectly fine with it…

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Met Boris J on an EasyJet flight a few years ago. He was on the airport transfer coach to the ski resort & staying in the same area. Was absolutely charming. All the kids took selfies with him. He skied in chinos though

over a year ago

I’m no sure I’d call him a star lol but frequently met Robin Cook. I worked at a Riding School at the time, and took him out on hacks…. There is a reason his wife wouldn’t let him on her horses

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Had the pleasure of meeting my all time football hero. Really friendly and outgoing guy x

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I'd love to have Mary Berry bake a cake for me.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think meeting a star would be unbelievably hot.

And with a gravitational pull that I might find too much to bear.

over a year ago

"I think meeting a star would be unbelievably hot.

And with a gravitational pull that I might find too much to bear."

over a year ago

I would never want to meet my hero, or heroine, what a recipe for disappointment. Although having said that, I have met them but a mass signing isn’t the same as ‘meeting’

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

Many years ago met Ken Barlow from Coronation Street, Page 3 model Melinda Messenger.

From the motorcycle racing world have met loads of British Superbike racers, some who have also raced in World Superbikes & Moto GP, also a couple of very well known Isle Of Man TT racers. All were very pleasant. I have a lovely story about 1 in particular but its too personal to share here I'm afraid.

over a year ago

Iv met many most are just people a few think there something but one thing i have noticed with most that there much smaller in real life than they look on tv

over a year ago

South Wales

"Iv met many most are just people a few think there something but one thing i have noticed with most that there much smaller in real life than they look on tv"

Like Danny DeVito

over a year ago

"Met Boris J on an EasyJet flight a few years ago. He was on the airport transfer coach to the ski resort & staying in the same area. Was absolutely charming. All the kids took selfies with him. He skied in chinos though "

He is known for his charm on the surface. It’s a veneer.

over a year ago

Paolo Nutini is often found found my auntie’s house. No, nothing like that! My cousin is one of his best friends And my other cousin has been in a relationship with Paolo’s sister for years.

over a year ago

And he is lovely Totally down to earth and has kept all the same friends from school.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Martin Clunes is a really nice guy, I was in awe of his height though for a minute

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

"Met Boris J on an EasyJet flight a few years ago. He was on the airport transfer coach to the ski resort & staying in the same area. Was absolutely charming. All the kids took selfies with him. He skied in chinos though "

Very good at losing his kids in Waitrose though

over a year ago

"Iv met many most are just people a few think there something but one thing i have noticed with most that there much smaller in real life than they look on tv

Like Danny DeVito "

smaller

over a year ago

South Wales

"Martin Clunes is a really nice guy, I was in awe of his height though for a minute "

He seems so nice on tv too, like to have a coffee with him.

over a year ago

South Wales

"Iv met many most are just people a few think there something but one thing i have noticed with most that there much smaller in real life than they look on tv

Like Danny DeVito smaller "

Ronnie Corbett

over a year ago

"Have you or would you like to meet your hero. If you have how did it go, did they live up to expectations or was you let down and disappointed by them?"

I have met people that were " famous " in their chosen field , wether acting or musically but l have NEVER been in awe of them , in truth l did not crowd their space and a friendly hello was exchanged l never wanted a " selfie " with them , simple but that's the way l always operated , they were of course famous but the way l looked at it was they still sleep, keeps things in perspective that way .

over a year ago

Friend of mine has a daughter with autism. Daughter was travelling by train and was slightly nervous … but trying to increase her independence. On the same train was Russell Howard, the comedian (to be fair, I always got a good vibe off him from the telly). Apparently he was so lovely with her. She took a selfie with him which he happily obliged, but asked her not to put it on SM, in case in ruined the homecoming surprise for his mum!

My uncle works at Glasgow Airport and has said that the Coldplay lads are really nice, as are their kids.

I know someone who has worked closely with Peter Kay, as said he was a nightmare. As was Mila Kunis.

over a year ago

"I met John Barnes walking down Piccadilly… I walked up and shook his hand he was perfectly fine with it… "

Did you hold and give?

over a year ago

South Wales

"Friend of mine has a daughter with autism. Daughter was travelling by train and was slightly nervous … but trying to increase her independence. On the same train was Russell Howard, the comedian (to be fair, I always got a good vibe off him from the telly). Apparently he was so lovely with her. She took a selfie with him which he happily obliged, but asked her not to put it on SM, in case in ruined the homecoming surprise for his mum!

My uncle works at Glasgow Airport and has said that the Coldplay lads are really nice, as are their kids.

I know someone who has worked closely with Peter Kay, as said he was a nightmare. As was Mila Kunis."

Yes I like Russell Howard, he does seem nice.

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

Have met Andy Bell lead singer of erasure

Would like to meet Richard E Grant just so I'm can talk about withnail and I

over a year ago

I had a piss next to Jesus at the Royal Albert Hall.

Ok, it was Robert Powell

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I met my comedy hero Rik Mayall after his standup show. He was very polite and a real gentleman to my friends and me. Much missed.

over a year ago

South Wales

"I met my comedy hero Rik Mayall after his standup show. He was very polite and a real gentleman to my friends and me. Much missed."

Rip Rik what a legend.

over a year ago

I bumped into Sam Fox at a gig after show party.....

Told her that a topless photo of her pinned on my ceiling over my bed got me through a long 4 month winter in the Falkland Islands.

She laughed and said "glad I could help"

over a year ago

"I met my comedy hero Rik Mayall after his standup show. He was very polite and a real gentleman to my friends and me. Much missed."

over a year ago

"I met John Barnes walking down Piccadilly… I walked up and shook his hand he was perfectly fine with it…

Did you hold and give?"

Lucky to catch him....

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I've met plenty and most were great

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I met Dermot Kennedy, who I'm totally obsessed with. He's an absolute sweetheart.

I'd love to meet Hugh Jackman, but can't see that happening

over a year ago

I met my hero. He’s a dick. He’s still my hero though.

over a year ago

Is Boris your hero?

over a year ago

I too have heard that he was lovely.

over a year ago

I was honoured enough to meet Rik Mayal, he was just as I imagined, I also met Ade Edmondson and Nigel Planer. All lovely and down to earth people.

By *ambozaMan
over a year ago

kilburn park

"Martin Clunes is a really nice guy, I was in awe of his height though for a minute "

My mum and dad brought his model railway when we were little.

over a year ago

Ray Winston and Suranne Jones when they was filming a series many years ago….Ray Winston is a proper geezer too

over a year ago

I met Bellaseas once.

She was surprisingly down to earth and VERY funny.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I'm a star

By *rMs.NeekCouple
over a year ago

Worcestershire

I did. Wouldn't mean much to many. Most capped England women's rugby player of all time... plays same position as me

Post new Message to Thread