Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I have

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have a message in my 'sent' folder from 3 weeks ago (when I joined) marked 'unread' to a woman who is online NOW.

It's like getting a brown envelope marked HMRC and you hide it, to open it later! lol

Should I follow suit and send a red reminder?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

lol when i say the username 'stripypjs' i thought Dave had changed username haha

however back to the OP.. id take a chance a re send another message.

over a year ago

"I have a message in my 'sent' folder from 3 weeks ago (when I joined) marked 'unread' to a woman who is online NOW.

It's like getting a brown envelope marked HMRC and you hide it, to open it later! lol

Should I follow suit and send a red reminder? "

I wouldn't mate. Suck it up, delete out of your sent folder and move on..

over a year ago

Take a chance deffo cos I have 106 unread messages in my inbox that I can't retrieve cos I havent deleted the ones I have read lol and can't till I reread em cos they might have some useful info in them .......

By *ayb1970Man
over a year ago

Somerset

I have had that happen ...lol,not read and not deleted ,just unread !?Strange things do happen on here!

Jay

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I wouldn't send another message. Sometimes there are just too many I go through as fairly as I can. However, I always prioritise answering friends and those I am already chatting too first. A red reminder would just lead me to block.

over a year ago

"I have a message in my 'sent' folder from 3 weeks ago (when I joined) marked 'unread' to a woman who is online NOW.

Should I follow suit and send a red reminder?

I wouldn't mate. Suck it up, delete out of your sent folder and move on..

"

I agree; bin it as a stumer

Wolf

over a year ago

"I wouldn't send another message. Sometimes there are just too many I go through as fairly as I can. However, I always prioritise answering friends and those I am already chatting too first. A red reminder would just lead me to block."

Yep - as a single guy - these things happen.

It's life - but a second message will make you appear pushy and desperate. And surely she's not the only profile on site that you could be focussing your attention on?

over a year ago

"I have had that happen ...lol,not read and not deleted ,just unread !?Strange things do happen on here!

Jay "

Its not strange, some of us just can't keep up !!!!!!!!

over a year ago

"Yep - as a single guy - these things happen.

It's life - but a second message will make you appear pushy and desperate. And surely she's not the only profile on site that you could be focussing your attention on? "

Not at all. I'm just saying...

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I personally don't like when I have not read a message to get another message about 1/2 hour later saying are you going to read my messages... Then they get an instant delete.. Its unread for a reason just put it down to that you are maybe not her type and move on... Reading profiles is often a useful tool when sending out messages to people you have not spoken to before..

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 21/10/12 11:13:43]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I would leave it and if she comes back to you at some point in the future... happy days.

one thing to consider, you are thinking about giving this up after 3 weeks, if she does read it... that may put her off. An air of confidence is a winner, despondency NO

all the best for the future

over a year ago

"I would leave it and if she comes back to you at some point in the future... happy days.

one thing to consider, you are thinking about giving this up after 3 weeks, if she does read it... that may put her off. An air of confidence is a winner, despondency NO

all the best for the future"

Wouldn't it make something think "why's he thinking of jacking it in after 3 weeks? What's happened?"

Rather than "lol 3 weeks? Quitter!"

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I would leave it and if she comes back to you at some point in the future... happy days.

Wouldn't it make something think "why's he thinking of jacking it in after 3 weeks? What's happened?"

"

No - it wouldn't.

over a year ago

"No - it wouldn't."

That says more about you then...

over a year ago

Makes me laugh when people write "jacking it in" as status, as they never do, think its some ploy to try and gain profile _iews lol

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"

No........ people are not overly interested in 'what happened' unless a great juicy story that involved you being kidnapped, taken to a loft apartment where 12 beautiful Ukranian ladies gang fucked you and even then, they would be asking for the details for a wank session.

if it is because, you haven't had a meet.... Nope

onwards and upwards

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"

"

No it would make me think hes pissed off because he has'nt got anyway as quickly as he thought he would so hes going to leave

I say this because the same sort of status has been on countless profiles that have been here a short time

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"No - it wouldn't.

That says more about you then..."

Every comment says something about its maker. People 'jack it in' for all manner of reasons. At any time there will be a number of sex tourists and zoo visitors.

over a year ago

If someone was going to 'jack it in' afyer just 3 weeks I'd think they weren't really into it. If someone can't make a bit of effort then neither would I put the effort in to chatting with them.

In my experience, those types would be all done in 3 minutes and putting his coat on.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"No - it wouldn't.

That says more about you then..."

Yes, that I do not suffer fools, and drama queens, gladly.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"If someone was going to 'jack it in' afyer just 3 weeks I'd think they weren't really into it. If someone can't make a bit of effort then neither would I put the effort in to chatting with them.

In my experience, those types would be all done in 3 minutes and putting his coat on. "

If that's based on the controversial 1 minute per week theory it's flawed. There is no way I can last that long

over a year ago

"I have had that happen ...lol,not read and not deleted ,just unread !?Strange things do happen on here!

Jay

Its not strange, some of us just can't keep up !!!!!!!! "

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"If someone was going to 'jack it in' afyer just 3 weeks I'd think they weren't really into it. If someone can't make a bit of effort then neither would I put the effort in to chatting with them.

In my experience, those types would be all done in 3 minutes and putting his coat on.

If that's based on the controversial 1 minute per week theory it's flawed. There is no way I can last that long "

Liar, I know you are building up to 90 seconds. You do have to test yourself with a woman at some point though.

over a year ago

What a judgemental lot you appear to be

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Looking at the sent messages folder and trying to guess why people read/don't read/delete/don't delete will only lead to madness.

Keep looking at new possibilities instead.

over a year ago

"What a judgemental lot you appear to be"

Sorry OP. You posted a thread asking a question to which there's been plenty of replies from long standing members with a hell of a lot of experience communicating with others on site.

The fact you don't agree with their _iews, advice or contribution does not make them judgemental - just experienced!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Message her then! You're an adult - you don't need our permission to do things.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

If that's based on the controversial 1 minute per week theory it's flawed. There is no way I can last that long

Liar, I know you are building up to 90 seconds. You do have to test yourself with a woman at some point though. "

Not a real one surely ?

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Treat responses with a little tongue in cheek, mate. I'm sure there's no offence implied.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

actually, I love hearing about people having great meets on here, it is a joy to see happy people.

keep the faith, keep trying and positivity will help.

'updates' work if established and you are either hotlisted or are friends... then people will react with a variety of intent to your posts.

all the best

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Treat responses with a little tongue in cheek, mate. I'm sure there's no offence implied."

There was absolutely no offence meant in my first post, nor was my tongue in my cheek. I stated what I would do and offered that as an example of why I thought it would be a bad idea to send another message.

OP - the fact is you can't know what is happening with someone else, nor can you control their responses. You can only control yourself and do what feels right for you.

over a year ago

"Message her then! You're an adult - you don't need our permission to do things."

lol I wasn't seeking permission

over a year ago

No we're not judgemental. We've just got a LOAD more experience of this than you have matey!

Stop whining over the fact that someone was so unimpressed by your message that they didn't hit the 'Reply' button immediately and MOVE ON.

There is ONLY - repeat ONLY! - ONE thing that matters in this 'game' and it's RESPONSES.

The fact that you sent out 200 messages yesterday and 199 have been read doesn't matter a damn.

But the ONE that did reply DOES matter and should receive your undivided attention to take it to the next stage.

Delete EVERYTHING from your sent folder and concentrate on your INBOX and you will get where you want to be far quicker!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez and it's not even Thursday Rant Day!!!!!

over a year ago

"Sorry OP. You posted a thread asking a question to which there's been plenty of replies from long standing members with a hell of a lot of experience communicating with others on site.

The fact you don't agree with their _iews, advice or contribution does not make them judgemental - just experienced! "

Is that not like the police saying that in their experience Asian men traffick women? Or is that being judgemental of all Asian men?

Just because its your experience, it doesn't mean it applies to me

over a year ago

"No we're not judgemental. We've just got a LOAD more experience of this than you have matey!

Stop whining over the fact that someone was so unimpressed by your message that they didn't hit the 'Reply' button immediately and MOVE ON.

There is ONLY - repeat ONLY! - ONE thing that matters in this 'game' and it's RESPONSES.

The fact that you sent out 200 messages yesterday and 199 have been read doesn't matter a damn.

But the ONE that did reply DOES matter and should receive your undivided attention to take it to the next stage.

Delete EVERYTHING from your sent folder and concentrate on your INBOX and you will get where you want to be far quicker!

"

Clearly it's nothing to do with it not being an immediate reply, otherwise I'd have posted this 3 weeks ago.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Its sunday....chill day

Message her again if you think thats the right thing to do

over a year ago

"Sorry OP. You posted a thread asking a question to which there's been plenty of replies from long standing members with a hell of a lot of experience communicating with others on site.

The fact you don't agree with their _iews, advice or contribution does not make them judgemental - just experienced!

Is that not like the police saying that in their experience Asian men traffick women? Or is that being judgemental of all Asian men?

Just because its your experience, it doesn't mean it applies to me "

Erm - no!

Your original post contained the words "Should I" - which indicated you were asking for reponses via the forum (which is funnily enough what they're there for!).

You recieved many common sense responses, from a variety of different sources - single men like yourself, couples and those you are seeking - single women!!

To then respond that all that contributed a re 'judgemental' is hardly portraying yourself as someone able to communicate in a sensible manner - a bit like assuming there's something wrong with someone not responding to a message at all, or as quickly as you would like.

Good luck!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

actually having read the entire thread, I can honestly say the posts have been submitted with the very best intent..... now, I cant always say that on other threads, but this one yes...

now may I suggest, thank people for their advice, acknowledge you may choose not to take on board all of it and wish us well.

I wish you well and much luck.

for me, swinging is about dignity, respect and trying your best...

over a year ago

"No we're not judgemental. We've just got a LOAD more experience of this than you have matey!

Clearly it's nothing to do with it not being an immediate reply, otherwise I'd have posted this 3 weeks ago."

No, it's not. It's to do with the fact that you STILL have that in your Sent Folder after 3 weeks! Otherwise, how would you know that's it's not been deleted?

I will say it again - specially as a single guy - the ONLY that matters is responses - NOT that someone still has your message in their inbox. Just tells me that their 'housekeeping' is crap - and no more.

over a year ago

"Erm - no!

Your original post contained the words "Should I" - which indicated you were asking for reponses via the forum (which is funnily enough what they're there for!).

You recieved many common sense responses, from a variety of different sources - single men like yourself, couples and those you are seeking - single women!!

To then respond that all that contributed a re 'judgemental' is hardly portraying yourself as someone able to communicate in a sensible manner - a bit like assuming there's something wrong with someone not responding to a message at all, or as quickly as you would like.

Good luck! "

I also followed up my 'should I' with 'send a red letter reminder', which unless you know something I don't, isn't possible on this site.

I'm well aware of what I wrote, I don't need reminded by way of a point you feel you're proving.

over a year ago

Think ile go back to feeling my carrots

over a year ago

"Think ile go back to feeling my carrots "

PEELING*

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman
over a year ago

amersham

I have a lot of unread messages in my inbox. My health is currently such that I cannot do a lot or concentrate well, so I try to answer messages from people I consider friends and I glance at the forums as I find them interesting and often funny. I also occasionally leave my laptop logged in and it just looks like I'm online. I don't delete other messages as I may want to get in touch with those people at some time in the future when I am better.

I wouldn't worry about trying to second guess why someone has not read your message as you don't know their personal circumstances, and everyone's are different.

over a year ago

I saw go for it what can it hurt. Worst case would be she blocks you but then at least you know for sure

We had a message from a guy that we didn't spread for months cause we had such a backlog. But he turned out to be a great guy. Sometimes messages get lost in a huge que. sending Snother polite message wouldn't be wrong and you never know she might like your eagerness

over a year ago

"No, it's not. It's to do with the fact that you STILL have that in your Sent Folder after 3 weeks! Otherwise, how would you know that's it's not been deleted?

I will say it again - specially as a single guy - the ONLY that matters is responses - NOT that someone still has your message in their inbox. Just tells me that their 'housekeeping' is crap - and no more.

"

I keep all my sent messages until they're read, deleted or replied to.

I felt it a little ignorant that having sent it 3 weeks ago, it's not even been read.

However, I am not losing sleep over it. It was an innocently asked question, with obvious tongue-in-cheek as exampled by my HMRC reference

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Think ile go back to feeling my carrots

PEELING* "

Hahaha!

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

Now I'm just confused ... the OP asked 'should I?'. Some said yes, some said no. The OP is all sniffy over the ones who said no. That says to me he really wanted everyone to say 'yes - go on, message her again!'

So if it makes you feel better OP, 'yes - go on, message her again!'

People really shouldn't ask for advice if there is only one response they want to hear.

over a year ago

PEELING*

Hahaha! "

I feel like trimming my courgettes! At least they listen!!!!!!! Lol!

over a year ago

PEELING*

Hahaha!

I feel like trimming my courgettes! At least they listen!!!!!!! Lol!

"

over a year ago

"Now I'm just confused ... the OP asked 'should I?'. Some said yes, some said no. The OP is all sniffy over the ones who said no. That says to me he really wanted everyone to say 'yes - go on, message her again!'

People really shouldn't ask for advice if there is only one response they want to hear."

How do you come to that conclusion??

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"Now I'm just confused ... the OP asked 'should I?'. Some said yes, some said no. The OP is all sniffy over the ones who said no. That says to me he really wanted everyone to say 'yes - go on, message her again!'

People really shouldn't ask for advice if there is only one response they want to hear.

How do you come to that conclusion??"

I can read

over a year ago

I can read"

Matter of opinion

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

I can read

Matter of opinion "

Actually, since you got a reasoned response it is not an opinion that they can read, but a fact. Otherwise, how would they have responded?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I can read

Matter of opinion "

I think the confrontational attitude you've just displayed here is going to do you no favours at all

over a year ago

I can read

Matter of opinion

Actually, since you got a reasoned response it is not an opinion that they can read, but a fact. Otherwise, how would they have responded?"

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I can read

Matter of opinion

Actually, since you got a reasoned response it is not an opinion that they can read, but a fact. Otherwise, how would they have responded?"

Quite - and I have a BA Hons which also indicates that I can indeed read.

over a year ago

I can read

Matter of opinion

Reasoned? Based on what? The answer was based on their opinion, not fact. So the claim they came up with that opinion on the basis of the ability to read is a bit nonsensical.

over a year ago

" Quite - and I have a BA Hons which also indicates that I can indeed read. "

Well done you. I didn't realise we were playing Educational Top Trumps. However, not to dampen your achievement, my 4 year old can read and has no such qualification. So if you feel you need to base your academic achievements on your abilities to communicate, then it's a sorry world.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

" Quite - and I have a BA Hons which also indicates that I can indeed read.

Well done you. I didn't realise we were playing Educational Top Trumps. However, not to dampen your achievement, my 4 year old can read and has no such qualification. So if you feel you need to base your academic achievements on your abilities to communicate, then it's a sorry world. "

Sorry you didn't like all the repsonses on here. Now go away, you are boring everyone. This type of thread has been done to death.

Yawn!

over a year ago

" Sorry you didn't like all the repsonses on here. Now go away, you are boring everyone. This type of thread has been done to death.

Yawn!"

A) Boring EVERYONE? Are you the spokesperson?

B) You didn't have to reply. If you don't like the content, go _iew a different thread.

over a year ago

Op why are you being so aggressive towards people? You have asked for opinions and you have been given them based on their experience. You have turned what could be a discussion into having a go at people who have taken their time to read and reply on your post.

My opinion is don't send another message as it does come across as desperate. As Perky said, try not to concentrate on your sent box and just look in your inbox. Also your status update doesn't help. Either jack it in or don't, it doesn't come across as positive and confident, which is two characteristics in men that woman tend to like.

Good luck.

over a year ago

"Op why are you being so aggressive towards people? You have asked for opinions and you have been given them based on their experience. You have turned what could be a discussion into having a go at people who have taken their time to read and reply on your post.

My opinion is don't send another message as it does come across as desperate. As Perky said, try not to concentrate on your sent box and just look in your inbox. Also your status update doesn't help. Either jack it in or don't, it doesn't come across as positive and confident, which is two characteristics in men that woman tend to like.

Good luck."

How was breakfast?

Was gonna message you earlier but as you hadn't replied to my last one.....

over a year ago

"Op why are you being so aggressive towards people? You have asked for opinions and you have been given them based on their experience. You have turned what could be a discussion into having a go at people who have taken their time to read and reply on your post.

Good luck.

How was breakfast?

Was gonna message you earlier but as you hadn't replied to my last one..... "

I was saving your last message for when I have insomnia

Brekkie was lush

over a year ago

Clearly it's nothing to do with it not being an immediate reply, otherwise I'd have posted this 3 weeks ago.

No, it's not. It's to do with the fact that you STILL have that in your Sent Folder after 3 weeks! Otherwise, how would you know that's it's not been deleted?

"

My goodness, why all the capitals! there is no need to be so aggressive with your responses, and experience does not automatically mean one is always correct by the way.

over a year ago

Looks like he wasn't kidding about jacking it in!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Oh dear.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Wooooooooooooooooooosh there he has gone...

over a year ago

Gone with the wind, back with the rain under a new profile at a later date no doubt.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/10/12 13:57:48]

Forum Mod

over a year ago

My goodness, why all the capitals! there is no need to be so aggressive with your responses, and experience does not automatically mean one is always correct by the way. "

over a year ago

"Looks like he wasn't kidding about jacking it in! "

Sue - what have you done!

It was all going so well til you showed up!!!

Methinks Pearl may be right!

over a year ago

"Wooooooooooooooooooosh there he has gone..."

Something we said?

over a year ago

We are not to his taste, obviously.

over a year ago

"Looks like he wasn't kidding about jacking it in!

Methinks Pearl may be right! "

Ha, I have the magic touch

over a year ago

"Looks like he wasn't kidding about jacking it in!

Methinks Pearl may be right!

Ha, I have the magic touch "

Not saying a word!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Some of you really need to grow up and stop acting like children, not sure who some of you think you are. The guy asked a perfectly decent question and it only turned nasty because of some of the responses.

Whoever said he was BORING every, speak for your self and dont include me in it thankyou

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"Take a chance deffo cos I have 106 unread messages in my inbox that I can't retrieve cos I havent deleted the ones I have read lol and can't till I reread em cos they might have some useful info in them ....... "

There is a limit to how many messages you can send/retrieve? I've only been here a year or so.....

over a year ago

"Some of you really need to grow up and stop acting like children, not sure who some of you think you are. The guy asked a perfectly decent question and it only turned nasty because of some of the responses.

Whoever said he was BORING every, speak for your self and dont include me in it thankyou"

Pretty sure the decent question was answered more than a few times - and that the senisble and positive repsonses and 'advice' given to the OP (which i'm pretty sure he was looking for!) were either ignored or dismissed on every occasion!

Personally - given the 3 weeks the OP was on site and his apparent lack of patience and understanding - the only person who needed to grow up was the OP himself!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

A couple of points for me.

The OP I thought was tongue in cheek and it made me smile about the red letter.

Unless someone specifically asks for their profile to be critiqued or if it's relevant to the thread e.g. someone is wondering why they're not having success, please don't critique their profile.

Just because people are "long standing experienced members" doesn't mean people have to take their word as gospel.

To be told "you are boring people" is incredibly rude.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Another user goaded from the site.

Happy Sunday everyone

over a year ago

I have found a number reply after a few weeks so I would just leave it!

If you don't hear from them it's a simple move on

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Some of you really need to grow up and stop acting like children, not sure who some of you think you are. The guy asked a perfectly decent question and it only turned nasty because of some of the responses.

Whoever said he was BORING every, speak for your self and dont include me in it thankyou"

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I gave advice and mentioned the update, I also gave advice on other threads to him and offered the Dundee lunch as a possible solution.... he put his name down immediately, unfortunately the list was closed or he would have been there yesterday and met us all...

yes he decided to leave the site but the jokey post exit remarks paint us a group of superior fools that have just got rid of someone of lesser importance.... we are all equal.

over a year ago

My goodness, why all the capitals! there is no need to be so aggressive with your responses, and experience does not automatically mean one is always correct by the way. "

Why all the capitals? Because there is no option for ITALICS (which should have been in italics!!) As for being aggressive, the lack of being able to use italics makes it look aggressive, I know, but looking at the (now departed) OP's post and earlier reponses, it was clear he needed to have the stark facts applicable to a Single Male put to him without 'flowering'. I had to learn them the hard way on other sites previous to meeting my partner. I have also messaged other single males on here privately with the same advice and nearly all actually message back with their appreciation that I cut through all the crap and let them see the web-site based scene the way it really is. I know it is a ruthless way of looking at it, but it is correct nonetheless. The messaging situation on here, and any other similar site, IS (should be those accursed italics again!!) loaded heavily against single males and the sooner they wise-up, the sooner they (generally) achieve their objective.

I make no apologies for being blunt with single males on here - I was one, and it is a hard, often long, learning curve along which your confidence and self-esteem can take some considerable knocks - all of which have to be absorbed in private and on your own.

Pork

Post new Message to Thread