Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The audacity of it

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

What is the most audacious thing you have ever done?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Just checked the definitions...

1. Fearless daring; intrepidity.

Booked myself onto a fundraising trip to trek the Inca Trail with a bunch of strangers when I'm terrified of heights - did it and raised £4k for animal charity

2. Bold or insolent heedlessness of restraints, as of those imposed by prudence, propriety, or convention.

Fucked a guy downstairs in my house while my unsuspecting ex-husband was asleep upstairs

3. An act or instance of intrepidity or insolent heedlessness

Possibly see #2???

over a year ago

"Just checked the definitions...

Booked myself onto a fundraising trip to trek the Inca Trail with a bunch of strangers when I'm terrified of heights - did it and raised £4k for animal charity

2. Bold or insolent heedlessness of restraints, as of those imposed by prudence, propriety, or convention.

Fucked a guy downstairs in my house while my unsuspecting ex-husband was asleep upstairs

3. An act or instance of intrepidity or insolent heedlessness

Possibly see #2??? "

You qualify on all counts.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've parked outside my own house for a change! How very dare I! the neighbours either side don't seem impressed, if the car door banging and boot lid slamming is anything to go by!!

I live in the middle of a row of terraced houses and the chances of getting a space outside my own house is generally a big fat zero...

over a year ago

"I've parked outside my own house for a change! How very dare I! the neighbours either side don't seem impressed, if the car door banging and boot lid slamming is anything to go by!!

I live in the middle of a row of terraced houses and the chances of getting a space outside my own house is generally a big fat zero..."

id put some cones out next time u go out anoy them more lok

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"Just checked the definitions...

"

I would LOVE to do this but just don't think I could raise the £4K required to be able to go. I envy you!

E x

over a year ago

"I've parked outside my own house for a change! How very dare I! the neighbours either side don't seem impressed, if the car door banging and boot lid slamming is anything to go by!!

I live in the middle of a row of terraced houses and the chances of getting a space outside my own house is generally a big fat zero...id put some cones out next time u go out anoy them more lok"

Don't even go there... ...lol

I'm head gob and negotiator for the local residents parking issues, as we live fairly close to a Midland main line station. I know all the tricks of the trade, which colour cones and how to obtain them

over a year ago

I have no idea. I quite often push my luck!

Possibly getting together with my first serious boyfriend after walking up to him in a university bar and saying "my room mate has gone home for the weekend. Which night are you staying?"

Note: He wasn't a total stranger. I already knew him.

I did seduce a total stranger on a train once though.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I live in the middle of a row of terraced houses and the chances of getting a space outside my own house is generally a big fat zero..."

I live in an end terrace house and am lucky that we have a driveway which accommodates 2 cars. However, the nob-head next door often parks in such a way that he only leaves half a car's length between the back of his POS and the entrance to our drive. People, in desperation, park in that half space and overhang our drive so we can't get in or out.

The inconsiderate TW*T infuriates me! (going to have to have a lie down now to let the adrenalin dissipate! lol)

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I told Tony Blair he was a cunt on camera...gutted it never made the final cut.

over a year ago

I live in the middle of a row of terraced houses and the chances of getting a space outside my own house is generally a big fat zero...

I live in an end terrace house and am lucky that we have a driveway which accommodates 2 cars. However, the nob-head next door often parks in such a way that he only leaves half a car's length between the back of his POS and the entrance to our drive. People, in desperation, park in that half space and overhang our drive so we can't get in or out.

The inconsiderate TW*T infuriates me! (going to have to have a lie down now to let the adrenalin dissipate! lol)"

Nice one....If you have a dropped kerb and these vehicles are over hanging it, that is classed as a parking violation, so you need to find the contact details of your local Highways dept, take photo's of said offenders and send them (ideally email) to the Highways dept and maybe even your local councillor who in turn should alert the local parking authority who should come out and issue either a "don't do it again notice" or a Parking Penalty Notice which ever is appropriate. Might take a while to get them to notice you, but keep moaning at them and they will eventually. Failing that you need to obtain a couple of Yellow (must be yellow) traffic cones to stop them parking so close to your entrance...Have fun

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

The inconsiderate TW*T infuriates me! (going to have to have a lie down now to let the adrenalin dissipate! lol)

Nice one....If you have a dropped kerb and these vehicles are over hanging it, that is classed as a parking violation, so you need to find the contact details of your local Highways dept, take photo's of said offenders and send them (ideally email) to the Highways dept and maybe even your local councillor who in turn should alert the local parking authority who should come out and issue either a "don't do it again notice" or a Parking Penalty Notice which ever is appropriate. Might take a while to get them to notice you, but keep moaning at them and they will eventually. Failing that you need to obtain a couple of Yellow (must be yellow) traffic cones to stop them parking so close to your entrance...Have fun "

That's fantastic advice (yes the kerb is dropped with a white line in front of it). It's great having such helpful buddies on here

E x

over a year ago

"I told Tony Blair he was a cunt on camera...gutted it never made the final cut. "

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

"I have no idea. I quite often push my luck!

Possibly getting together with my first serious boyfriend after walking up to him in a university bar and saying "my room mate has gone home for the weekend. Which night are you staying?"

I did seduce a total stranger on a train once though."

Can you seduce me?

over a year ago

"I have no idea. I quite often push my luck!

I did seduce a total stranger on a train once though.

Can you seduce me? "

Would I need to?

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Nice one....If you have a dropped kerb and these vehicles are over hanging it, that is classed as a parking violation, so you need to find the contact details of your local Highways dept, take photo's of said offenders and send them (ideally email) to the Highways dept and maybe even your local councillor who in turn should alert the local parking authority who should come out and issue either a "don't do it again notice" or a Parking Penalty Notice which ever is appropriate. Might take a while to get them to notice you, but keep moaning at them and they will eventually. Failing that you need to obtain a couple of Yellow (must be yellow) traffic cones to stop them parking so close to your entrance...Have fun

That's fantastic advice (yes the kerb is dropped with a white line in front of it). It's great having such helpful buddies on here

E x"

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but unless new legalisation has been brought in in the last couple of years the offending vehicle is only commiting an offence if it is preventing you from leaving your property. It's not considered an obstruction if you are trying to access it, even with the dropped crub. Not fair I know! Also be careful with traffic cones as they have no legal standing if your road is a public highway it could be you in trouble as they would certainly be seen as an obstruction and you could end up with an FPN!

over a year ago

Come on people, I can't believe that the folk are only audacious in Cumbria and with their parking cones!

I have had a few interesting stories come through as private messages. Be bold, those that can, and tell everyone else.

over a year ago

E x"

I have a dropped kerb that I paid for outside my house, few take notice of it or the 2 cars parked on the driveway, if I ask someone to move, all I get is a mouthful of abuse and nasty name calling as they don't give a shit. Calling the police is great but all they do is ring the culprit but the onus is on them to move and they don't

over a year ago

All I can add is that in Derbyshire it is an offence to park over a drive entrance with a dropped curb. The police will do very little If they can get away with it but the local parking authority which is no longer controlled but Derbyshire council will and have issed parking tickets.

over a year ago

E x

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but unless new legalisation has been brought in in the last couple of years the offending vehicle is only commiting an offence if it is preventing you from leaving your property. It's not considered an obstruction if you are trying to access it, even with the dropped crub. Not fair I know! Also be careful with traffic cones as they have no legal standing if your road is a public highway it could be you in trouble as they would certainly be seen as an obstruction and you could end up with an FPN!"

Its maybe worth checking with your local council. In Derbyshire it is an offence. If you need more info on how to get hep feel free to inbox me.

Post new Message to Thread