Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you Believe

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In monogamy or is it just a myth are we supposed to spend the rest of our lives with that one special person x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Monogamys a bit too dark for my taste, i prefer the lighter coloured woods

over a year ago

i couldnt imagine being with thye same person for the rest of my life

ive fsiled so far

over a year ago

"i couldnt imagine being with thye same person for the rest of my life

ive fsiled so far "

over a year ago

I am starting a new take on this then, and being multi monogamous

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I am starting a new take on this then, and being multi monogamous "

Ooh I like the sound of that

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I get bored.. Never cheated but yet to meet anyone that I think nah I won't get bored of you....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

soiety through the years used to make us believe we where mongomous, also there was less chance of meeting new people. 50/60 years ago couples met at the local dance ect..

People worked harder at marriage as there was nowhere for them to go or money.

I think onl foxes and swams are monogamoujs and thats just male foxes

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I believe in fidelity rather than monogamy.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I can't do it...cheated on all my relationships, finally realised it's just not in me to be monogamous - variety is the spice of life for me...Not looking for a relationship, but if there was anybody that wanted to give it a go, they'd have to be ok with me fucking others and/or play with me as a couple, I'm no longer prepared to keep my libido on a leash

over a year ago

Think it's a little late for me, added to which my faith in human nature had taken a battering more than the once so therefore my trust is at an all time low and without the trust it all falls apart...

over a year ago

I believe for some couples monogamy is the right way, much in the same way that I believe for some couples it isn’t….

However as already mentioned mutual fidelity is the key ingredient to making things work.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"i couldnt imagine being with thye same person for the rest of my life

ive fsiled so far "

over a year ago

"I believe in fidelity rather than monogamy."

That's my thing. It's taken me a long time to accept that there is nothing wrong with how I feel about things.

I'd like to find someone I could feel as safe with as my former master. Because he was the one person that I could stay faithful too.

I don't believe we are all the same though and think some are perfectly happy to be with one. Others less so.

I now know I'm poly minded and refuse to compromise in any future relationship

over a year ago

I am faithful to whichever man I am with at the time.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Swinging is polygomy as I see it, so if you swing you aren't monogomous

over a year ago

I don't believe humans are designed to be monogamous.

I can't be bothered, right now, to explain why I believe that, and discuss how developments over the centuries have changed things, but it is what I believe.

Putting it flippantly, if it's how we're supposed to be, we'd be better at it!

over a year ago

"I don't believe humans are designed to be monogamous.

I can't be bothered, right now, to explain why I believe that, and discuss how developments over the centuries have changed things, but it is what I believe.

Putting it flippantly, if it's how we're supposed to be, we'd be better at it!

"

By *lkmazabukaMan
over a year ago

bristol

"Swinging is polygomy as I see it, so if you swing you aren't monogomous "
Fact, well said!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think in swinging some who are single believe their partners at home should be......

just not them

over a year ago

im a bit of a romantic at heart. i believe in something very special being out there, but only a chosen few who cross paths realize its potential

over a year ago

Yes as I believe in the sanctity of marriage, no open marriage for me, sorry but I just see that as cheating with permission. If they were also swingers, well that would be great and I would expect us to swing as a couple, not singles, if they weren't into the lifestyle then I would give it up

over a year ago

"Swinging is polygomy as I see it, so if you swing you aren't monogomous "

I don't believe that to be the case, not in our situation.

In answer to the OP yes, I will always stay true and faithful & I believe monogamous.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I am utterly monogamous when in a relationship and a total slut out of one. It works for me.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"In monogamy or is it just a myth are we supposed to spend the rest of our lives with that one special person x"
Long before I heard about the scene... I thought that it is unfair to expect one person to meet all one's needs. Some people are very fortunate in fining a life long partner who does meet all their needs and vice versa... the majority I believe have to compromise somewhere. Now, there is nothing wrong with compromising - however the scene, polygamy etc... allow us to address some specific needs with different people.

By *amslam1000Man
over a year ago

willenhall

I am a serial monogamist just one person at a time (unless its a 3 sum)

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

If you are happy with that one person...why not??

Hasn't worked out that way so far but certainly wouldn't rule it out ever happening!

over a year ago

I believe variety is the spice for a happy life.

over a year ago

"I believe in fidelity rather than monogamy."
Interesting juxtaposition. Fidelity is for monogamus relationships......?

over a year ago

"I am utterly monogamous when in a relationship and a total slut out of one. It works for me."
Why not be a monogamus slut?............evey mans dream!!!

over a year ago

Thought you were gonna ask if we believed in santa, bit slow, been in work

over a year ago

Devil and I both have the person we want to grow old with... if that's what you mean

Wolf

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I once owned a record player that said "Hi-Fidelity" on it and do you know? We stayed together for years....

over a year ago

i honestrly cant see me ever being in a relastionship again

I have zero interest in being in one, i get bored of people off here if i meet them more than once lol

some people have the need to be wanted and loved some dont

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Devil and I both have the person we want to grow old with... if that's what you mean

Wolf

"

And I think that is so lovely! You are very fortunate to have found each other!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"I am utterly monogamous when in a relationship and a total slut out of one. It works for me.Why not be a monogamus slut?............evey mans dream!!!"

It's not a choice - just the way I am. In fact, I am so much happier not in a relationship. Love the freedom of being able to do who and what I want, when I want. And no bugger to interfere in my life!!

over a year ago

"Devil and I both have the person we want to grow old with... if that's what you mean

Wolf

And I think that is so lovely! You are very fortunate to have found each other! "

Thankyou muchlies xx

over a year ago

"I am utterly monogamous when in a relationship and a total slut out of one. It works for me.Why not be a monogamus slut?............evey mans dream!!!

It's not a choice - just the way I am. In fact, I am so much happier not in a relationship. Love the freedom of being able to do who and what I want, when I want. And no bugger to interfere in my life!! "

hear hear to that

i never work well in a relationship, im to selfish, by that i mean with myself, i dont want to share myself or my time with anyone else

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I am utterly monogamous when in a relationship and a total slut out of one. It works for me.Why not be a monogamus slut?............evey mans dream!!!

It's not a choice - just the way I am. In fact, I am so much happier not in a relationship. Love the freedom of being able to do who and what I want, when I want. And no bugger to interfere in my life!!

hear hear to that

i never work well in a relationship, im to selfish, by that i mean with myself, i dont want to share myself or my time with anyone else"

To both ladies : I completely understand where you are coming from, that freedom, that independence, that knowing you dont oew anybody an explanation etc.

One question though and I am genuinely curious : Are there ever any times when you think it might be nice to be in a relationship?

over a year ago

i dont know. i like to think we should stay with one person and be content to do so. years ago couples stayed together they didnt seem to expect so much. which was a good thing.

my parents where always bickering when they were older. i used to think.

why do they stay together, then when my mum died my dad was devastated.

so he must have loved her realy.

like i moan about my hubby but would still be lost without him.

i think couples want to have sex with other people though even if they dont say so, doesnt mean they dont like the person who they are with though.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/10/12 21:42:05]

over a year ago

hear hear to that

i never work well in a relationship, im to selfish, by that i mean with myself, i dont want to share myself or my time with anyone else

To both ladies : I completely understand where you are coming from, that freedom, that independence, that knowing you dont oew anybody an explanation etc.

One question though and I am genuinely curious : Are there ever any times when you think it might be nice to be in a relationship? "

no, ive been there, done it and got 3 t shirts lol

im going thro my 3rd divorce, i was not really happy in any of my relationships, i dont work well as a team and i really dont think if i did ever decide to do it again it would work because id be the same me and to be quite frank men are really willing to put up with what i want from a relationship and im not willing to change to suit anyone else

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

hear hear to that

One question though and I am genuinely curious : Are there ever any times when you think it might be nice to be in a relationship?

im going thro my 3rd divorce, i was not really happy in any of my relationships, i dont work well as a team and i really dont think if i did ever decide to do it again it would work because id be the same me and to be quite frank men are really willing to put up with what i want from a relationship and im not willing to change to suit anyone else"

That does make sense to me. Thank you

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

hear hear to that

im going thro my 3rd divorce, i was not really happy in any of my relationships, i dont work well as a team and i really dont think if i did ever decide to do it again it would work because id be the same me and to be quite frank men are really willing to put up with what i want from a relationship and im not willing to change to suit anyone elseThat does make sense to me. Thank you "

I was 13 years with my daughter's father and 10 years with my husband. I have had shorter relationships between. I am way happier on my own - love my own company, am unafraid to travel alone and do my own thing. BUT there is the idea that a woman of nearly 50 who is single should live like a nun - feck that! I have a sex drive - a very strong one - and I intend pandering to it as much as I am able!! LOL No - having known monogamy and slutdom - slutdom wins! Hands down - isn't even a competition. I never get lonely, I am only ever alone or in company. I have good friends, a good job, financial stability and the best sex life I have ever ever had. Why would I change any of that?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

hear hear to that

im going thro my 3rd divorce, i was not really happy in any of my relationships, i dont work well as a team and i really dont think if i did ever decide to do it again it would work because id be the same me and to be quite frank men are really willing to put up with what i want from a relationship and im not willing to change to suit anyone elseThat does make sense to me. Thank you

I was 13 years with my daughter's father and 10 years with my husband. I have had shorter relationships between. I am way happier on my own - love my own company, am unafraid to travel alone and do my own thing. BUT there is the idea that a woman of nearly 50 who is single should live like a nun - feck that! I have a sex drive - a very strong one - and I intend pandering to it as much as I am able!! LOL No - having known monogamy and slutdom - slutdom wins! Hands down - isn't even a competition. I never get lonely, I am only ever alone or in company. I have good friends, a good job, financial stability and the best sex life I have ever ever had. Why would I change any of that?"

You, too sounds genuinely content in being single and I can understand where you are coming from. I was just curious whether there were ever times (eg. Christmas) when it felt a bit lonely.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

hear hear to that

im going thro my 3rd divorce, i was not really happy in any of my relationships, i dont work well as a team and i really dont think if i did ever decide to do it again it would work because id be the same me and to be quite frank men are really willing to put up with what i want from a relationship and im not willing to change to suit anyone elseThat does make sense to me. Thank you

I was 13 years with my daughter's father and 10 years with my husband. I have had shorter relationships between. I am way happier on my own - love my own company, am unafraid to travel alone and do my own thing. BUT there is the idea that a woman of nearly 50 who is single should live like a nun - feck that! I have a sex drive - a very strong one - and I intend pandering to it as much as I am able!! LOL No - having known monogamy and slutdom - slutdom wins! Hands down - isn't even a competition. I never get lonely, I am only ever alone or in company. I have good friends, a good job, financial stability and the best sex life I have ever ever had. Why would I change any of that?You, too sounds genuinely content in being single and I can understand where you are coming from. I was just curious whether there were ever times (eg. Christmas) when it felt a bit lonely. "

Christmas is family time. My daughter always stops over and we open our prezzies together. Then I either go to my brother's and his partner's, where his daughter and her partner will be, with their two children, or they come to me.

New Year we also do the same - have a family dinner.

If I did not have family I have plenty of friends I could have Christmas with.

Never been an issue whenever I have been single. Never feel lonely either. Someone once said, 'If you are bored in your own company, you are in the wrong company.'

over a year ago

"In monogamy or is it just a myth are we supposed to spend the rest of our lives with that one special person x"

Well as I love swinging it's a no as far as I am concerned but it works for lots of others. I like the fun of meeting and playing with someone new.

Post new Message to Thread