Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Any phone boffs in the house

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My phone seems to have a problem

The sound seems to have gone, if it rights or text it makes no noise at all, none of the click or anything work like key pad tones etc and there's no sound coing out the PM3 player either, i assumed the speaker had gone but here the odd bit, if anyone calls me i can hear them talk so im assuming it cant be the speaker or i wouldnt be able to hear them?

Any ideas anyone? and if anyone does do this line of work is it going to be worth getting it fixed or am i just as well getting a new one?

and before anyone says it no its not set to silent

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My son had a similar problem on his HTC, turned it off took the battery out, put it all back together and all was fine, although it has happened again since..

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Are your keypad tones set to on or off?

Can you hear from the MP3 player with headphones is and just nothing from the phones speaker or can't you hear either way.

You say you can hear people when they phone you.. Can they hear you?

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

headphones in** not is

over a year ago

There are usually 2 speakers on a mobile! One is the earpiece, and the other is for media, i.e. Music, ringtones and movies! It sounds to me as if the media speaker has blown on yours.

over a year ago

i cant take the battery out but i have tried the good old tried and tested turn off and on lol

over a year ago

What make model is it?

over a year ago

"Are your keypad tones set to on or off?

Can you hear from the MP3 player with headphones is and just nothing from the phones speaker or can't you hear either way.

You say you can hear people when they phone you.. Can they hear you?

"

MP3 dont work at all, i put it on the doc and nothing, yes you can have a 2 way conversation on it

over a year ago

"What make model is it?"

its a iphone 4s

over a year ago

Here you go - follow these steps:

http://iphonenosound.com/

(thunb) should help you through

over a year ago

this happened to me once, I restored it through itunes, updated to latest iOS which seems to fix the problem for me

over a year ago

If all the above suggestions fail to work, you might have to take it to an Apple store.

This link will tell you if it's still in warranty:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

over a year ago

"this happened to me once, I restored it through itunes, updated to latest iOS which seems to fix the problem for me"

ive just updated the new operating system it send thro my phone, i was wondering if that had sometghing to do with it but my phones not jail broken so downloading the new OP shouldnt do any damange should it?

over a year ago

"this happened to me once, I restored it through itunes, updated to latest iOS which seems to fix the problem for me

ive just updated the new operating system it send thro my phone, i was wondering if that had sometghing to do with it but my phones not jail broken so downloading the new OP shouldnt do any damange should it?"

No, it should be ok, but might be worthwhile backing your phone up via iTunes first though in case something goes wrong.

over a year ago

"this happened to me once, I restored it through itunes, updated to latest iOS which seems to fix the problem for me

ive just updated the new operating system it send thro my phone, i was wondering if that had sometghing to do with it but my phones not jail broken so downloading the new OP shouldnt do any damange should it?

No, it should be ok, but might be worthwhile backing your phone up via iTunes first though in case something goes wrong."

i'll get my daughter onto that ASAP, shameful as it is by my 11 yesr old knows more about itune and how to use it than i do lol

*hangs head in shame*

over a year ago

"Here you go - follow these steps:

http://iphonenosound.com/

(thunb) should help you through"

If its out of warranty, most phone repair shops can install new speaker set for you at a rough cost of £35-£40, which will be cheaper than what apple charge

over a year ago

No, it should be ok, but might be worthwhile backing your phone up via iTunes first though in case something goes wrong.

i'll get my daughter onto that ASAP, shameful as it is by my 11 yesr old knows more about itune and how to use it than i do lol

*hangs head in shame*"

Also might want to consider syncing stuff to iCloud too. You can set it up so that your contacts, notes, calendar, piccies and tunes are all stored in the cloud.

It's pretty good, altho I'm not sure I'd trust it with any candid pics

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Try rebooting phone by holding home button(round one on front) and power button at same time until apple logo comes back on.

Like said before connect t PC and restore from iTunes

over a year ago

It wont be covered under any warranty i wouldnt have thought

I am on contract but the phone i had with my contarct broke so i bought this one sim free to put my contract sim card in so its not going to be covered under my contract

unless the shop i bought it from covers it?

can you tell im shit with technology lol

over a year ago

*hangs head in shame*

Also might want to consider syncing stuff to iCloud too. You can set it up so that your contacts, notes, calendar, piccies and tunes are all stored in the cloud.

It's pretty good, altho I'm not sure I'd trust it with any candid pics "

say that again in Enhlish

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"It wont be covered under any warranty i wouldnt have thought

I am on contract but the phone i had with my contarct broke so i bought this one sim free to put my contract sim card in so its not going to be covered under my contract

can you tell im shit with technology lol"

Anything you buy (assuming you bought it new) comes with a 12 month manufacturers warranty.

If you have an apple store near you take it in to them.

If known loads of people who've dropped theirs and smashed the screen, and as long as it's been within 12 months the apple store here has just replaced the handset (regardless of whether they got the phone there or via o2 / vodafone etc)

over a year ago

can you tell im shit with technology lol"

Hi, might still be covered by Apple hardware warranty. If you go here and pop your serial number in, you'll know for sure:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

over a year ago

Anything you buy (assuming you bought it new) comes with a 12 month manufacturers warranty.

If known loads of people who've dropped theirs and smashed the screen, and as long as it's been within 12 months the apple store here has just replaced the handset (regardless of whether they got the phone there or via o2 / vodafone etc)

"

ah right i didnt know that i thought for it to be covered by apple you had to buy it from a apple shop, if you got it via a network provider you took it back to them

over a year ago

looks like a trip to the bull ring in the morning then, phone in hand, will see what they say, dont hurt to ask i guess

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

ah right i didnt know that i thought for it to be covered by apple you had to buy it from a apple shop, if you got it via a network provider you took it back to them "

Might just be the Glasgow apple store that are overly nice... but a guy I work with defo got his from Carphone Warehouse, and smashed the screen and the apple store just replaced the handset after he took it there expecting to pay for a new screen.

over a year ago

"looks like a trip to the bull ring in the morning then, phone in hand, will see what they say, dont hurt to ask i guess "

The ones I've been to are usually pretty helpful. They'll tell you straight away if it's still under warranty, and if not, what your options are

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"looks like a trip to the bull ring in the morning then, phone in hand, will see what they say, dont hurt to ask i guess "

To be fair iPhones are not cheap but when you have a problem you find out why, apple customer service is better than any other on the market.

If you going to apple store try not to buy anything while you are in there

over a year ago

Not sure if you still have to but you used to have to book a time slot at apple store check online afore you go

over a year ago

ah right i didnt know that i thought for it to be covered by apple you had to buy it from a apple shop, if you got it via a network provider you took it back to them "

No it doesnt matter with Apple products at all, I bought an ipad on ebay second hand, the kiddy dropped it and cracked the screen - I took it to the Apple store and cos it still had two days of warranty on it they replaced it completely for free

Post new Message to Thread