Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scam Calls

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What’s your best answer line?

I have a friend who’s brother works in a prison (he’s a plumber) he quite often answers his phone to a scam saying the prisons name… it never goes further. He also comes out with “Lothian Police”…

My personal favourite is “Roadkill cafe, you kill it we grill it” they never know what to say…

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

“Hi, yeah this is thicccs father, sadly thicc died in a car accident last week, I’ve keeping his phone just to sort out any things he had going on. Is there anything I can help you with”

They mutter sorry and hang up. Works every time

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Sorry I'm mid shag here and need both hands. Can you call back in 20 seconds?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"What’s your best answer line?

I have a friend who’s brother works in a prison (he’s a plumber) he quite often answers his phone to a scam saying the prisons name… it never goes further. He also comes out with “Lothian Police”…

My personal favourite is “Roadkill cafe, you kill it we grill it” they never know what to say… "

Brilliant

over a year ago

Sorry my scam went badly and now I’m dead. Terrible reception here. Really really hot too.

Hello?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My personal favourite is “Roadkill cafe, you kill it we grill it” they never know what to say…

Brilliant "

Stolen

I used to work in a pub restaurant and the chef (one of the owners) answered the pub phone with it…. Totally confused the brewery on the other end

over a year ago

Brilliant

Stolen

I used to work in a pub restaurant and the chef (one of the owners) answered the pub phone with it…. Totally confused the brewery on the other end "

It's made me smile on a Monday. Winner.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I love the accident claim calls, I lead them on a long call. I end the call by ssying that I died in the accident, and say nothing else.

I miss the home improvements calls, as I go for an expensive conservatory only to give my address as a 4th floor flat.

My cousin gives the phone to her 3 year old, funny how the line goes dead after a bit.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

A true scam call …your internet is going to be cut off etc… I’ll lead these on, keep them on the phone and eventually start slagging them off. The last one (Indian call centre type) I asked about his parentage. Eventually calling him a bastard etc…

The cold callers I actually have some sympathy for, these are basic paid and may get some minor bonus for passing on a potential customer. I don’t like those companies who are trying to make a claim for you, accidents etc…but I don’t take it out on those doing the call.

over a year ago

I play along with them

Keep them on the phone as long as possible if I have nothing to do

Yip yip yip ok I will pay

Let me get my bank card give me 3-4 minutes sit the phone down

Ok go my bank card yip the account number is 3218 ooo wait hold on this is the expired one I lifted

Hold on to I find the new one 3-4 minute latter

Couldn’t find it but got the credit card ok

The number is 6521 oooo wait the wife will kill me if use it

Hold on I need to go find my save account card

4-5 minutes latter yip got that

The number is 2316 oooo wait that’s right we bought a new car with it last week there’s nothing in there let me get my sons card

3-4 minutes latter come back hello hello hung up

But by this time they wasted 40 minutes and that’s 40 minutes they couldn’t scam someone

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

My personal favourite is “Roadkill cafe, you kill it we grill it” they never know what to say… "

City morgue - you stab em we slab em

Battersea dog's home, Tarquin speaking

Hi, you're live on best west radio, for the chance to win today's jackpot, what's the secret word?

Post new Message to Thread