Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bricking it now.....

Jump to newest

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Eek! Post just arrived and includes a letter from the hospital with my pre-op assessment for my hip replacement! 12 November, only 3 weeks away! I'm hoping this means that I'll get my MRSA tests (which are valid 6 weeks) so if all goes well, I'll be having a new hip for the New Year...bit worried that my left hand side hip and back problems will impact on me having the operation, but just gonna have to keep up my physio exercises and hope the back doesn't go into spasm again...Scared shitless though, as never been in hospital before and never been anaesthatised before (apart from valium at the dentists...funnily enough, my knickers were on back to front after that but I felt no pain from the filling...)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

good luck

over a year ago

oh good luck with it,, and there was me getting worried about having a nerve conduction test lol

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

Fingers crossed everything goes well.

over a year ago

best of luck

over a year ago

Hip hip Hooray!

And to be on the safe side - wear some knickers with "front" and "back" on - in case you end up with the same anaesthatist!

Hope it all goes well!

over a year ago

Don't worry about it

I'm on recovery from a bone graft in my knee - and it's amazing the recovery time.

They do so many ops nowadays they're really slick at it

Keep yourself as limber as you can.

The only downside is having to wear the hospital gown, and some very unflattering paper pants

Make sure you get the physio you need and keep on moving, after the first week you'll really be on the mend

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thanks you guys...

Obi - I'll have a ratch in my knicker drawer see if I can find an old pair of C&A pants - that'll do the trick

over a year ago

Good luck and hope all goes well.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Good luck, hope it goes well. I've got another 8 years to wait before they will even consider hip replacement.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have my fingers crossed that the scheduled date is before the New Year. You can then start 2013 with all new working parts.

Study hard for your MRSA test. It's a simple pass or fail.

over a year ago

Good luck, I'm sure everything will be ok

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

Study hard for your MRSA test. It's a simple pass or fail."

PMSL Lickety...I was hoping for an A*

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"Hip hip Hooray!

And to be on the safe side - wear some knickers with "front" and "back" on - in case you end up with the same anaesthatist!

Hope it all goes well! "

now knows why knickers have CA on them

any way good luck xxxxx

over a year ago

best of luck ..any replacement is tough ...i have a replacement knee so i know !!! but take it easy follow docs advice and try to keep it moving as much as possible ,i hope you have lots of family and friends to give you support ...you will need it !

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"best of luck ..any replacement is tough ...i have a replacement knee so i know !!! but take it easy follow docs advice and try to keep it moving as much as possible ,i hope you have lots of family and friends to give you support ...you will need it !"

That's one of the things I'm worried about, my parents are elderly and my siblings and mates all work full time and I live on my own with 2 cats, one of them seems to have tripping me up by winding between my legs as his raison d'etre

Got a couple of friends work as carers who've said they'll try and help out and neighbours are great too so hopefully I'll be right as rain

over a year ago

maybe you can let the hospital know that ,they have occupational therapists who may be able to help out with getting you some help at home for a little while ? hope it all goes well ..

By *londeCaz OP   Woman
over a year ago

"maybe you can let the hospital know that ,they have occupational therapists who may be able to help out with getting you some help at home for a little while ? hope it all goes well .."

Yeah, I'm gonna let them know my circumstances at the pre-op...my neice is a nurse in Blackpool and she said I might be able to get to a kind of halfway house for rehab for a few days afterwards if I was too worried about coping at home...fairly sure I'll be fine though so long as I don't fall down the ruddy stairs!

over a year ago

"maybe you can let the hospital know that ,they have occupational therapists who may be able to help out with getting you some help at home for a little while ? hope it all goes well ..

Yeah, I'm gonna let them know my circumstances at the pre-op...my neice is a nurse in Blackpool and she said I might be able to get to a kind of halfway house for rehab for a few days afterwards if I was too worried about coping at home...fairly sure I'll be fine though so long as I don't fall down the ruddy stairs!"

we were having renovation on the house and my ex left the plastic sheeting on the stairs for when i came home ...i think he was hoping i would fall down the stairs,he left me 9 months after for one of my friends ....top bloke !!!!

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

good luck im sure it will be fine

over a year ago

@op

Just keep thinking that you'll be far better after it's done, and you'll wonder what all the worry was about. Just think you'll be pain free (well, a different kind of pain anyway for a while)... just that can make it really worth it.

You really won't want to be smacked out on painkillers when you can have a better time without them (and all their problems too!).

Fingers crossed, think positive and be brave :o)

Wolf

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

My older sister was pretty much housebound due to arthritis,only got out or rare occasions using a mobility scooter. A few months after hip-replacement scooter sold and she's out more than the cat. Gave her a new lease of life as I'm sure it will do for you. Good luck x

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I hope all goes well, i am sure all will go well, be prepared for some harsh physio and dont be afraid to ask for help whilst post op. Tell hosp you are living alone.....hopefully we can cheer you up if you feel shitty. xxxx

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Get someone to bring some food you like in incase hospital food is disgusting and a bottle of dettox to kill those nasty germs. I bet the hospital does loads of these ops so they will know what they are doing. Good luck!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

all the best....... hope it goes fab

Post new Message to Thread