Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cancer

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

scary thought that there is a 1 in 3 chance of getting cancer.... In fact its a sobering thought.. Maybe I need to give up smoking....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

or maybe have a fag and a few beers and adopt the attitude 'wot will be will be ! '

over a year ago

I just can't look at Clint 40 I think and has a cancer that can't be treated...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I had cancer at the age of 18, very few "dont's" or if I's protect you against it.

over a year ago

IMHO, having a positive outlook in life and mental attitude is as important as an health lifestyle.

over a year ago

"or maybe have a fag and a few beers and adopt the attitude 'wot will be will be ! '"

My thoughts entirely, can't live life worrying too much about such things, you could get run over by a bus tomorrow

over a year ago

"scary thought that there is a 1 in 3 chance of getting cancer.... In fact its a sobering thought.. Maybe I need to give up smoking.... "

This is scary. I lost a dear friend and my daughters father to cancer earlier this year. Fit as a fiddle he was. He had given up smoking and drinking.

Got ill last august. Died this January. He was only 36.

Cali

over a year ago

"scary thought that there is a 1 in 3 chance of getting cancer.... In fact its a sobering thought.. Maybe I need to give up smoking....

This is scary. I lost a dear friend and my daughters father to cancer earlier this year. Fit as a fiddle he was. He had given up smoking and drinking.

Got ill last august. Died this January. He was only 36.

Cali"

OMG.......

over a year ago

"IMHO, having a positive outlook in life and mental attitude is as important as an health lifestyle.

"

Second round of breast cancer and chemo for me but I'm still here still laughing and living my life on my terms.

Doesn't matter if you are athletic non-smoking, non-drinking and have a great diet, cancer is insidious and will take who it will without prejudice.

Two fingers up to it I say. xxx

over a year ago

"IMHO, having a positive outlook in life and mental attitude is as important as an health lifestyle.

Second round of breast cancer and chemo for me but I'm still here still laughing and living my life on my terms.

Doesn't matter if you are athletic non-smoking, non-drinking and have a great diet, cancer is insidious and will take who it will without prejudice.

Two fingers up to it I say. xxx"

Bit the same as HIV i guess xx

over a year ago

"IMHO, having a positive outlook in life and

mental attitude is as important as an health lifestyle.

I hold this very close to my heart...

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Bit the same as HIV i guess xx"

Sorry, I get what OLL said, but not your response, how is it the same? Or am I being a bit thick???

over a year ago

My mum died of breast cancer at 46 and I was 13

It has had a huge impact of my lifestyle choices with regards smoking and drinking and to a degree HRT options

I want to be here for my girls

over a year ago

I had cervical cancer before I started swinging and It wasn't caused by HPV like I expected it to be either. Had to have treatment and more treatment couple years ago I don't drink smoke eat lots red meat etc and like I say was before I discovered casual sex. I still don't drink or smoke but actively have casual sex be it safe sex.I also have a heart defect that was passed down my family I could scare my self into a life of a nun or just play safe and have whatever checks my consultant wants me to have I choose to try and control my health as the alternative is my health controls me I not complacent I know how lucky I am to survive both the cancer and the heart defect however I a long time dead and as long as I don't take stupid risks I been told to live my life to the full as much as my health at the time let's me

over a year ago

Sorry, I get what OLL said, but not your response, how is it the same? Or am I being a bit thick??? "

What I meant is that HIV has no peference and will take who it will without prejudice.. two differnet dieases but linked in some way no matter how healthy lifestyle you live or how you live your life it can affect you.. Yes HIV is diffently contracted.. however like cancer it is a devastating illness

over a year ago

Go girl I am with you! I am in awe of you eyes of steel!

over a year ago

Sorry, I get what OLL said, but not your response, how is it the same? Or am I being a bit thick???

What I meant is that HIV has no peference and will take who it will without prejudice.. two differnet dieases but linked in some way no matter how healthy lifestyle you live or how you live your life it can affect you.. Yes HIV is diffently contracted.. however like cancer it is a devastating illness

"

HPV, Hep Cand Asbestosis are "contractable" Life is for the living. As a point in question more women will die (sadly) from Cervical cancer this year than from those with HIV.

over a year ago

and get well soon, lovely lady!

over a year ago

My dad died of Small Cell lung cancer. He had been a heavy smoker since he was about six (family owned a tobacco business), so I was not surprised when I heard the news.

What annoyed me was being asked by my mum to buy duty free ciggies for my brother when I flew over for my dad's funeral.

By *heekyladyCouple
over a year ago

manchester

There is an extremely strong family history of breast cancer in my family. So much so that I have had mamagrams yearly since I turned 35. And all under the absolutely amazing fantastic care of the family history clinic at wythenshawe hospital. Whilst it might or might not ever happen I feel good that I am fortunate enough to have these checks made available to me.

You have to live your life as best as you can.

over a year ago

my gran had a double masectomy in the 50s n lived a great life, past away in 1980 in her sleep x me mum got breast cancer 1982 past away in 85 after a brave fight ,now all the fems in family have to have reg checks .

over a year ago

Lost my mum to ovarian cancer aged 59

We were robbed of a lovely woman

By *ansue35Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

Am on my second round chemo.

Cancer hits anyone at anytime, so all the anti smoking is stupid to a degree.

As for the advances in medicines am sat here with I.V. taking my chemo over 24 hours. So I get to stay at home.

But can't swing thou.

Ian

over a year ago

My son was diagnosed with testicular cancer 21/2 years ago, I thought my life had ended, but he had his left bollock out, chemo, gonna be a daddy in november, my nepthew was diagnosed with same 3 months later but right bollock removed, he had mets cos of underlying sarcoudosis and developed metasites in his abdomen, but he is 7 months clear. Sadley dave lost his mum to cancer in july but life goes on, just got to be strong, and live life. Enough said crying now xxxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

To those of you who have lost people to cancer or are going through cancer/treatment, i truelly hope every thing comes good, keep a positive spiritxxkarenxx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"To those of you who have lost people to cancer or are going through cancer/treatment, i truelly hope every thing comes good, keep a positive spiritxxkarenxx"

over a year ago

I sm in awe of all those fighting cancer,.my hat goes off to you brave people. Stay strong, fuck cancer

over a year ago

I can't cope with watching stand up to cancer I am in tears....

over a year ago

"To those of you who have lost people to cancer or are going through cancer/treatment, i truelly hope every thing comes good, keep a positive spiritxxkarenxx"

That's nice. My son was diagnosed with testicular cancer at 17 months old. Now he is 11 and fighting fit. It's good to see so much is being done for this awful disease. The road is long but not unbeatable. Lets hope that one day they can cure all cancers

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I gave up smoking 24 years ago .. Cancer got me in july this year . but not smoking related. shock of my life really put things into perspective. thank heavens its over

over a year ago

"My son was diagnosed with testicular cancer 21/2 years ago, I thought my life had ended, but he had his left bollock out, chemo, gonna be a daddy in november, my nepthew was diagnosed with same 3 months later but right bollock removed, he had mets cos of underlying sarcoudosis and developed metasites in his abdomen, but he is 7 months clear. Sadley dave lost his mum to cancer in july but life goes on, just got to be strong, and live life. Enough said crying now xxxx"

Read my last message on here. My son was 17months old and list his left bollock.

over a year ago

I was diagnosed with stage 2b cervical cancer when I was 29! I was told to have a radical hysterectomy but refused due to wanting children so much. I was lucky and didn't have cemo. I e had 2 serious scares since and have been told if I have cells again my choice has to be taken away and I will have to have a hysterrectomy. It makes no odds now I guess to me as ex hubby left in his words 'to find a partner it was easy to have a child with' that hurt more than cancer did. But I'm still here much happier single than married and doing what I was put on earth to do enjoy my life!!

over a year ago

I am a mere (wo)man

Born to make mistakes

To be loved and to love

to listen and to learn

To speak and to be heard

To respect and be respected

But above all I am me

Born to live

over a year ago

Its hard seeing your kids go through such a horrible disease, but gareth was strong always, ross my nephew was the same, both said fuck it, I got it ill deal with it. They were an isparation, proud of them both

over a year ago

"I am a mere (wo)man

Born to make mistakes

To be loved and to love

to listen and to learn

To speak and to be heard

But above all I am me

Born to live"

Omg reg I am crying now, so many brave people xxx stay strong

over a year ago

Hope you feek better soon pearl, and in the words of my son snd nephew, fuck cancer, stay strong, fight hard, much love jules xx

over a year ago

"Its hard seeing your kids go through such a horrible disease, but gareth was strong always, ross my nephew was the same, both said fuck it, I got it ill deal with it. They were an isparation, proud of them both"

Proud of my son too. An inspiration to all. Strong and defiant through it all even though he lost friends he made whilst going through chemo. He has problems because of the chemo but over comes them each and every day and even does regular fundraising for the make a wish foundation

over a year ago

"I am a mere (wo)man

Born to make mistakes

To be loved and to love

to listen and to learn

To speak and to be heard

But above all I am me

Born to live

Omg reg I am crying now, so many brave people xxx stay strong"

I was with a guy who is battling his cancer today. I was humbled by his zest for life and the fact that this was a fact and was not going to go away. He said " if I wake tomorrow then I will take it as I was born to live"

The 14 year old girl shot by the taliban, the mother of April, those who are in a battle with cancer........tomorrow is a new day ..to be lived!

over a year ago

"Hope you feek better soon pearl, and in the words of my son snd nephew, fuck cancer, stay strong, fight hard, much love jules xx"

Thanks for the kind words.

My dad died in 2005, and I had expected him to go sooner as he was a heavy drinker as well as a heavy smoker.

Every time I saw him since the late 90s I expected it to be the last time, so his death did not come as a shock to me.

over a year ago

"I am a mere (wo)man

Born to make mistakes

To be loved and to love

to listen and to learn

To speak and to be heard

But above all I am me

Born to live

Omg reg I am crying now, so many brave people xxx stay strongI was with a guy who is battling his cancer today. I was humbled by his zest for life and the fact that this was a fact and was not going to go away. He said " if I wake tomorrow then I will take it as I was born to live"

The 14 year old girl shot by the taliban, the mother of April, those who are in a battle with cancer........tomorrow is a new day ..to be lived! "

So humbing

over a year ago

Was diagnosed 2 years ago this month, came out the other side and that's y I'm on fab, life's too bloody short!

over a year ago

Both gareth and rosses mates were there for them, bscking them all the way, and still do, we are very lucky to have such mates, but not all are so lucky

over a year ago

I am watching the "Stand up for cancer" and i have loved it and been reduced to tears.

My daughter as you know is 13 and can-not speak... my Dr has to take a mothers instinct or what happens... This is my biggest fear, every time she cries i give her calpol i don't know what for, but it settles her for what.

Headache or something worse, that's how work. (Perky)

over a year ago

"Was diagnosed 2 years ago this month, came out the other side and that's y I'm on fab, life's too bloody short! "
Go for it woman! Amongst all you have stared mortality in the face and said........Nah I am me and I have things to do. Your courage and (human) will is a shinning star. You should be proud of yourself!

over a year ago

"Was diagnosed 2 years ago this month, came out the other side and that's y I'm on fab, life's too bloody short! "

Good for you luv

By *--Cinders---Couple
over a year ago

a place near Blackpool

I lost my son 4 years ago to Leaukamia, he was 21...i am finding it hard watching the programm..

over a year ago

"I lost my son 4 years ago to Leaukamia, he was 21...i am finding it hard watching the programm.."
xx

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i know more people with cancer , than people who havent.

By *ickiemintMan
over a year ago

Somewhere NW London

"scary thought that there is a 1 in 3 chance of getting cancer.... In fact its a sobering thought.. Maybe I need to give up smoking.... "

Life can be so cruel. But there are risks in life out of anyone's control.

You just can't sit there worrying about them. Life is for living...til it stops, when it stops. Rich

over a year ago

" i know more people with cancer , than people who havent."
is that really true?

Post new Message to Thread