over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

women/men....

Are you one?

Whats your definition of one?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No but I'm highly strung, single minded, determined, impatient and I have a ridiculously short attention span.

I'm not high maintenance but I can be hard work.

High maintenance to me means demanding in terms of time and money. Someone who insists on getting a lot of attention, everything they want and the absolute best of everything.

Spoilt princess syndrome.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I don't have the energy for high maintenance.

By *emmefatale OP   Woman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"No but I'm highly strung, single minded, determined, impatient and I have a ridiculously short attention span.

High maintenance to me means demanding in terms of time and money. Someone who insists on getting a lot of attention, everything they want and the absolute best of everything.

Spoilt princess syndrome."

So do you think that someone can be high maintenance some of the time then?

What about guys?

over a year ago

I'm very high maintenance when I'm in a relationship.

Its why I choose not to be in one!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

nope, am fairly easy going, all i ask is for people to treat me with respect and i will do the same.

i am also lovely

over a year ago

I consider myself relatively low maintenance.

By *adystephanieTV/TS
over a year ago

glos

Very high maintenance unfortunately I'm the one paying for it ...

over a year ago

"No but I'm highly strung, single minded, determined, impatient and I have a ridiculously short attention span.

Spoilt princess syndrome.So do you think that someone can be high maintenance some of the time then?

What about guys?"

Yes. And yes, guys can be high maintenance too but it's less common, I think, than in women.

over a year ago

"women/men....

Are you one?

Whats your definition of one?"

I would say people who need to be centre of attention and are very highly strung are high maintenance.

Personally, I'm very low maintenance and have no time for people who are high maintenance.

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"women/men....

Are you one?

I would say people who need to be centre of attention and are very highly strung are high maintenance.

"

I would agree with that.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am not high maintenance because everything I own is brought by me...

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I am not high maintenance because everything I own is brought by me... "

Ditto!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I have been, much less so now

By *reybearMan
over a year ago

medway

Nope, but my body feels like it needs lots of maintainence!

over a year ago

i was going to say something along those lines, i guess i do spend a lot of money on myself, waxing, nails, make up, clothes, shoes, verious body and face creams, hair products, underwear etc i buy on a weekly basis, some ive never even opened but i still buy more, i dread to think how much a week i spend on such things

but im single and i earn my own money so the only person im high maintance to is me

and i think thats fine

over a year ago

Terribly high maintenance me...

Bag o'chips and a rola cola and I'm anyones

Wolf

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I am not high maintenance because everything I own is brought by me...

i was going to say something along those lines, i guess i do spend a lot of money on myself, waxing, nails, make up, clothes, shoes, verious body and face creams, hair products, underwear etc i buy on a weekly basis, some ive never even opened but i still buy more, i dread to think how much a week i spend on such things

but im single and i earn my own money so the only person im high maintance to is me

So true... I am a sucker for make up but I think Its me that is buying it.. not anyone else...

and i think thats fine "

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

But high maintenance isnt just about material things is it?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I am not high maintenance because everything I own is brought by me... But high maintenance isnt just about material things is it?"

No, it's not. The highest maintenance requirements are time and attention. Constant, play with me, play with me, now, now, I said NOW!

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I am not high maintenance because everything I own is brought by me... But high maintenance isnt just about material things is it?

No, it's not. The highest maintenance requirements are time and attention. Constant, play with me, play with me, now, now, I said NOW!"

Now im scared...but i get the jist....

over a year ago

"I am not high maintenance because everything I own is brought by me... But high maintenance isnt just about material things is it?"

in every other way im low maintenance

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I am not high maintenance because everything I own is brought by me... But high maintenance isnt just about material things is it?

in every other way im low maintenance "

I knew someone would say that

By *orkieMan
over a year ago

Who knows

High maintenance.... wants everything their own way, expects all your time to be their time, lots of money spent on them, takes the guy for granted, throws a strop if anything is not to their liking

over a year ago

in every other way im low maintenance I knew someone would say that "

lol i am tho, i live alone, i have noone to seek attention from, i ask nothing from anybody, everything i do i do for myself, i have nobody to be high maintenance to

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"High maintenance.... wants everything their own way, expects all your time to be their time, lots of money spent on them, takes the guy for granted, throws a strop if anything is not to their liking"
again what about guys? Same?

over a year ago

"High maintenance.... wants everything their own way, expects all your time to be their time, lots of money spent on them, takes the guy for granted, throws a strop if anything is not to their liking"

sounds like my kids

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I don't have kids so seek no time from them.. I don't have b/f so no time from them.. I am a single person living a single life.. The only thing I am high maintenance on is MY bank account...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Not just women to men but I have met some fairly demanding 'single child' men who want everything their own way and take the things given to them as their entitlement.

over a year ago

im definately not high maintenance ..give me a nice bj im happy for days

offers always welcome

By *hobos46Man
over a year ago

Royston

it's a fine line between being 'high maintenance' (it's all about ME) and obsessive (it's all about ME). The difference is in who is demanding the attention.

And no, O'm neither high maintenance or obsessive, nor do I find it attractive

over a year ago

I don't take without giving, I'm an excellent listener, I'm spend time with people and I'm a good friend. I don't demand possessions because I work to buy the things I want.

However there is a side of me that is a diva. I'm an exhibitionist, I like to be looked at, I have an ego, and I don't like to be told no. If I really want to do something I will do it. I feel a rush of anger sometimes when family members say no to me and ill sulk and refuse to speak until they give in or compromise in some way that I'm happy with. I then feel guilty that I've made them do it.

Its not a particularly good quality but it is what I'm like. I'm incredibly stubborn as well

By *orkieMan
over a year ago

Who knows

"High maintenance.... wants everything their own way, expects all your time to be their time, lots of money spent on them, takes the guy for granted, throws a strop if anything is not to their likingagain what about guys? Same?"

Dunno.... personally speaking kinda like to think am low maint. If someone wants to give ...thats up to them... totally self sufficient even to the extent of having a right arm like Popeye... only cos I forgot to change hands at 99

over a year ago

"women/men....

Are you one?

No, though do have an eye for detail and maintaining a certain 'standard'... I would describe high maintenance as someone like Pete Burns (who has openly admitted it). Someone who needs a lot of time and energy from everyone concerned, including themselves.

over a year ago

I'm high maintenance yes as pointed out to me recently I have spoilt princess syndrome and I'm happy with that. I work!!! And bloody hard too so why shouldn't I get what I want when I want it.

over a year ago

Im high maintenance and I dont care that I am! Im worth the time and effort it takes to be around me

over a year ago

Someone who expects the best and only buys the best/expects partner to buy the best. Someone who is constantly checking their appearance, looking in the mirror and would drive miles home from a party if someone else turned up in the same outfit

Definitely not me, I buy from charity shops, buy stuff in sales, buy reduced items and quite happy with Joe's greasy spoon cafe

over a year ago

"women/men....

Are you one?

Spoilt little shits who can't and wont do anything for themselves and think life owes them a favour.

over a year ago

"women/men....

Are you one?

Spoilt little shits who can't and wont do anything for themselves and think life owes them a favour."

. I can assure you I maybe a spoilt princess but life doesn't owe me anything!! I work pay my own way and buy myself what I want when funds allow. I don't have maids,cleaner or butler I even know how to wash and iron clothes, change the oil in my car. Am I an exception to your thery

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"women/men....

Are you one?

I think the definition question is an interesting one, as it seems to mean a number of different things to different people.

I have even heard it used about people who need to wear a lot of make-up to keep up a certain visual image.

To me, high maintenance means needy. Always needing to be put first, needing to be admired, needing to be flattered, needing to be shown they are held above others.

It's not an attractive quality and shows a deep seated lack of emotional maturity.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"women/men....

Are you one?

Spoilt little shits who can't and wont do anything for themselves and think life owes them a favour."

I'll go along with that one.

over a year ago

What about me and others like me?

I can live the champagne lifestyle on a lemonade allowance.

Am I high maintenance?

Post new Message to Thread