Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Nick Griffin

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I see Nick Griffin, the BNP leader, has tweeted the address of the gay couple who won their court battle against the discriminatory B&B they were barred from staying at, along with a threat the send round the 'British justice squad'

This guy is a pathetic, over-indulged threat to the UK and in my opinion, should be considered as dangerous to the stability of this country as 'Abu Hamsa.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I see Nick Griffin, the BNP leader, has tweeted the address of the gay couple who won their court battle against the discriminatory B&B they were barred from staying at, along with a threat the send round the 'British justice squad'

This guy is a pathetic, over-indulged threat to the UK and in my opinion, should be considered as dangerous to the stability of this country as 'Abu Hamsa."

I can see your point.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

if he has he'll be in trouble

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You'd think so wouldn't you but nothing ever seems to stick to him.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

He's a twit! I quite like it when he proves the point.

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

The gay couple brought the attention and highlighted the bed and breakfasts address so its only fair

But he is a prize pratt and its nothing to do with him

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"The gay couple brought the attention and highlighted the bed and breakfasts address so its only fair

But he is a prize pratt and its nothing to do with him "

How on earth can you say it is "fair" to threaten to send round the heavy mob!!! The B&B is run as a business and lists it's address so that people can find it and stay there. How is that the same as someone's private address?

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"The gay couple brought the attention and highlighted the bed and breakfasts address so its only fair

But he is a prize pratt and its nothing to do with him "

To be fair the gay couple were not the ones breaking the law. And I agree he a Pratt, wounder if we can get him deported

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

The man is beyond contempt,an embarrasment to the nation

over a year ago

Its one thing I dont get..ppl who support them..

I agree about issues regarding immigration- from a sociological and stability point of view for the country

but when the extreme right wing type of political party gets the support from people i wonder when they start looking at their actual operations?

theyd claim freedom of speech at any point(which is granted of course)...but it would be so different once they got in power

I'd just imagine if this party ever got in power many would have fewer rights, including those that supported them...

I dont see any enhancement this party and its supporters could make to british society and our relationship around the world.

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

How on earth can you say it is "fair" to threaten to send round the heavy mob!!! The B&B is run as a business and lists it's address so that people can find it and stay there. How is that the same as someone's private address?"

It is also their home and should have the right to refuse entrance as they see fit. Its not right to send around heavy mob or obscene mail etc i meant that people have the right to know

By *damandeve4funCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

How on earth can you say it is "fair" to threaten to send round the heavy mob!!! The B&B is run as a business and lists it's address so that people can find it and stay there. How is that the same as someone's private address?

It is also their home and should have the right to refuse entrance as they see fit. Its not right to send around heavy mob or obscene mail etc i meant that people have the right to know "

So therefore, we should print the address of every witness or complainant in a course case? Think about it...

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

"Its one thing I dont get..ppl who support them..

I agree about issues regarding immigration- from a sociological and stability point of view for the country

but when the extreme right wing type of political party gets the support from people i wonder when they start looking at their actual operations?

theyd claim freedom of speech at any point(which is granted of course)...but it would be so different once they got in power

I'd just imagine if this party ever got in power many would have fewer rights, including those that supported them...

I dont see any enhancement this party and its supporters could make to british society and our relationship around the world."

Look on youtube for the video 'muslamic law' and see the kind of people who support their poison

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"You'd think so wouldn't you but nothing ever seems to stick to him."

He was successfully prosecuted for calling the Holocaust the Holohoax.

over a year ago

I hope someone tweets his address and he gets an unpleasant late night visit. Him and his follower and those who follow the EDL are a bunch of simple minded morons, I would see the lot put to sleep

By *eraldthecatCouple
over a year ago

Reading

With you all the way on that Dr Prod, standard comment from that t**t Griffin, always very brave in a mob the BNP and EDL.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I hope someone tweets his address and he gets an unpleasant late night visit. Him and his follower and those who follow the EDL are a bunch of simple minded morons, I would see the lot put to sleep"

I think the EDL are outwardly more sophisticated and nuanced with their message. There is a place for outfits like the BNP and EDL, if only to make people realise how ridiculous is this sort of hatred.

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

I would pass a law which makes it obligatory for anyone joining any political party or group who take issue with race, to have a DNA test. Then they can see for themselves how many races, going back through the ages, go into making the average Brit. We are a race of mongrels, as are many others who claim purity.

I would piss myself if Griffin or one of his type discovered African or Asian traces in their own makeup.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

The BNP will be around for as long as they get the supporters... Where I live have a huge BNP following.. It sickens me considering I was raised in the most diverse part of London... Nick Griffin Is just a complete moron... I am surprised that no fucker has killed him yet...

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It is also their home and should have the right to refuse entrance as they see fit. Its not right to send around heavy mob or obscene mail etc i meant that people have the right to know "

Absolutely not! People who break the law, causing harm to others etc, have limited privacy rights, especially when they operate a business in this country, according to our laws, rather than the laws they'd prefer to have. Would you also be up for publishing personal contact details of people who've been victims of sexual offences against them, bullied etc? That would be unjust and potentially harrassing for them at the very best.

A reasonable person could expect that if you publicly promote the details of someone to other people who don't like them, that it's likely to cause them distress or attacks of some kind.

If business managers/owners do not want to operate within the law here, they should close shop. As it is, they haven't even paid the fines themselves, so are not particularly out of pocket. I've not even heard an apology from them, for the distress that they're caused to others.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"The BNP will be around for as long as they get the supporters... Where I live have a huge BNP following.. It sickens me considering I was raised in the most diverse part of London... Nick Griffin Is just a complete moron... I am surprised that no fucker has killed him yet... "

You can live in hope

over a year ago

"I see Nick Griffin, the BNP leader, has tweeted the address of the gay couple who won their court battle against the discriminatory B&B they were barred from staying at, along with a threat the send round the 'British justice squad'

This guy is a pathetic, over-indulged threat to the UK and in my opinion, should be considered as dangerous to the stability of this country as 'Abu Hamsa."

He's the absolute scum of the Earth, as are all BNP supporters.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

A couple of years ago I went on a date with an old school friend who had got in touch when he heard I had divorced (which was a mutual decision and we are still friends). He banged on and on about the BNP and how and why he had voted for them. In a lull in the conversation I simply told him that my ex had been an asylum seeker and a Muslim.

The date finished quite rapidly after that!! And I never saw him again! Funny that!

over a year ago

"

The date finished quite rapidly after that!! And I never saw him again! Funny that! "

sounds like it wasn't going anywhere anyway tbh

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"

The date finished quite rapidly after that!! And I never saw him again! Funny that!

sounds like it wasn't going anywhere anyway tbh"

He had been a past boyfriend - when I was about 16.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

I live very near to Dudley, at the moment the Muslim community have a need to increase the size of their mosque. The EDL and others have decided to have none peaceful protest that has resulted in the town being closed and secured on a few Saturdays. If they want to defend the English way of life lets get them over to help all the nice yanks fighting that war on terrorism. A true English, Scottish, Welsh person believes in their country but are also tolerant, understanding and strongly believes in free will, speech and the ability to follow whatever religion that you choose.

over a year ago

"

He had been a past boyfriend - when I was about 16."

think we've all made bad choices around that age to be fair.

all part of growing up I guess.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"

all part of growing up I guess. "

LOL no the date was a couple of years ago when we were in our 40s but he had been a past boyfriend.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

My point of view is live and let live. However the b&b owners should be able to refuse to serve anybody on any grounds as should any business. It's their loss. Word would soon spread round that a certain section of society was not welcome, and would you want to stay in a place run by narrow minded people.

On another point a few years ago watched a BNP march on St Georges' day. The marched past singing Rule Britannia. The only bit they knew was Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves, Britons will never never never shall be slaves..Then it went mumble mumble mumble and then they repeated it over and over. So proud to be British they couldn't be bothered to learn the lyrics.....

over a year ago

"

LOL no the date was a couple of years ago when we were in our 40s but he had been a past boyfriend."

ah, I see.

well, sounds like you had a lucky escape anyway.

intolerance is a very irritating character trait in my opinion.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

do you know the words though ?

its a hell of a difficult song with really weird lines in it

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"do you know the words though ?

its a hell of a difficult song with really weird lines in it"

Shhh Sam you making brummies look stupid

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

its a hell of a difficult song with really weird lines in it"

I can't remember it all. It was poem put to music.

I know it was the first place I heard the word azure.

Something about oaks and coasts...

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!

Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

When Britain first, at heaven's command,

Arose from out the azure main,

This was the charter of the land,

And Guardian Angels sang this strain:

(Chorus)

The nations not so blest as thee

Must, in their turn, to tyrants fall,

While thou shalt flourish great and free:

The dread and envy of them all.

(Chorus)

Still more majestic shalt thou rise,

More dreadful from each foreign stroke,

As the loud blast that tears the skies

Serves but to root thy native oak.

(Chorus)

Thee haughty tyrants ne'er shall tame;

All their attempts to bend thee down

Will but arouse thy generous flame,

But work their woe and thy renown.

(Chorus)

To thee belongs the rural reign;

Thy cities shall with commerce shine;

All thine shall be the subject main,

And every shore it circles, thine.

(Chorus)

The Muses, still with freedom found,

Shall to thy happy coasts repair.

Blest isle! with matchless beauty crowned,

And manly hearts to guard the fair.

(Chorus)

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

When Britain first, at heaven's command,

Arose from out the azure main,

This was the charter of the land,

And Guardian Angels sang this strain:

(Chorus)

The nations not so blest as thee

Must, in their turn, to tyrants fall,

While thou shalt flourish great and free:

The dread and envy of them all.

(Chorus)

Still more majestic shalt thou rise,

More dreadful from each foreign stroke,

As the loud blast that tears the skies

Serves but to root thy native oak.

(Chorus)

Thee haughty tyrants ne'er shall tame;

All their attempts to bend thee down

Will but arouse thy generous flame,

But work their woe and thy renown.

(Chorus)

To thee belongs the rural reign;

Thy cities shall with commerce shine;

All thine shall be the subject main,

And every shore it circles, thine.

(Chorus)

The Muses, still with freedom found,

Shall to thy happy coasts repair.

Blest isle! with matchless beauty crowned,

And manly hearts to guard the fair.

(Chorus)

And yes it cut and paste

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

its a hell of a difficult song with really weird lines in it

Shhh Sam you making brummies look stupid"

hey i just live here not a brummie

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"

LOL no the date was a couple of years ago when we were in our 40s but he had been a past boyfriend.

ah, I see.

well, sounds like you had a lucky escape anyway.

intolerance is a very irritating character trait in my opinion. "

Yeah - it was a shame, I suppose. He had been such a nice guy. He had been divorced twice though, had no children though he said he never wanted any. Hated his father - I got a long story about why. Seems like he'd had a rough time.

But, then again, I have had some very very rough times in my life and I did not turn out that way!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/10/12 22:59:26]

By *reybearMan
over a year ago

medway

Just read that his twitter account has been closed and the police are investigating

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

You wait months for a Rule Britannia and then two come along at once

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

it would be hilarious to see them marching and singing the whole song though

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Just read that his twitter account has been closed and the police are investigating "

Good.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"[Removed by poster at 18/10/12 22:59:26]"

Licks I do not even like the song much prefer God Save The Queen

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"Just read that his twitter account has been closed and the police are investigating

Good."

Bloke got no common decency hope they hit him hard with the book

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 18/10/12 22:59:26]

Licks I do not even like the song much prefer God Save The Queen"

sex pistols version? :P

Wolf

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

I love how the BNP flag is the cross of St George - who came from the Middle East (somewhere around Syria I think)!!

over a year ago

"

But, then again, I have had some very very rough times in my life and I did not turn out that way!"

Exactly. Everyone's got their story to tell, and some have been through much rougher times than others, but it's no excuse for racism and intollerance in my opinion.

Sometimes I think it's a case of people wanting to blame their problems on an easy target.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"[Removed by poster at 18/10/12 22:59:26]

Licks I do not even like the song much prefer God Save The Queen

sex pistols version? :P

Wolf

"

Love the song, but in Queen and country I trust, serve and defend.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I love how the BNP flag is the cross of St George - who came from the Middle East (somewhere around Syria I think)!!

"

An emblem originally from Genoa.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Love it! I doubt they think that deeply about it, however. Deep thought and extreme politics rarely go together.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"I love how the BNP flag is the cross of St George - who came from the Middle East (somewhere around Syria I think)!!

An emblem originally from Genoa."

And that is how England is we embrace other cultures

Where else can you go for a Belgium beer the. A curry go home in a Japanese car and still be proud to be English

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"Love it! I doubt they think that deeply about it, however. Deep thought and extreme politics rarely go together."

More like no thought

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Where else can you go for a Belgium beer the. A curry go home in a Japanese car and still be proud to be English "

I love Britain and have always been proud to be British. I have grown up through the race difficulties of the 70s and 80s. When I have been told to go back where I come from I always want to throw back, tell me where that is for you and maybe you can tell me where it is for me? I was born in a British colony, that was peopled by indentured servitude from elsewhere, in a mixed heritage family. And, I have just found out we probably have a bit of Viking in us too! The point was made earlier that if true blue Nick were to have a DNA profile he might be shocked to discover how much of a mongrel he is.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Where else can you go for a Belgium beer the. A curry go home in a Japanese car and still be proud to be English "

i am going for belgium, india and japan

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"It is also their home and should have the right to refuse entrance as they see fit. Its not right to send around heavy mob or obscene mail etc i meant that people have the right to know "

they chose to open their house to the general public and run a business by renting out their rooms to people. Equality laws in this country state that you cannot discriminate against people based on their protected charachteristics, of which sexuality is one of them.

if they wish to retain the right to refuse people entry into their home then they should keep it as a private residence.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"It is also their home and should have the right to refuse entrance as they see fit. Its not right to send around heavy mob or obscene mail etc i meant that people have the right to know

they chose to open their house to the general public and run a business by renting out their rooms to people. Equality laws in this country state that you cannot discriminate against people based on their protected charachteristics, of which sexuality is one of them.

if they wish to retain the right to refuse people entry into their home then they should keep it as a private residence."

thats where this country has gone wrong,its there business and they should have the right to chose who they let in and who they dont, my only argument is it should state it clearly on there business website or they should tell people when they phone to book.

the dam countrys full of accomodation so why go where your not wanted.if a b and b had we dont welcome tall people here as its against our believes i wouldnt insist on staying and then complaining, my hard earned money would go elswhere

over a year ago

"It is also their home and should have the right to refuse entrance as they see fit. Its not right to send around heavy mob or obscene mail etc i meant that people have the right to know

if they wish to retain the right to refuse people entry into their home then they should keep it as a private residence."

spot on

over a year ago

evesham

if they wish to retain the right to refuse people entry into their home then they should keep it as a private residence.

thats where this country has gone wrong,its there business and they should have the right to chose who they let in and who they dont, my only argument is it should state it clearly on there business website or they should tell people when they phone to book.

the dam countrys full of accomodation so why go where your not wanted.if a b and b had we dont welcome tall people here as its against our believes i wouldnt insist on staying and then complaining, my hard earned money would go elswhere"

shall we go back to hanging signs saying 'no coloureds' in shop windows and making pregnant women give up seats on buses because they are black and a white person boarded the bus as well??

or is it just gay people we should discriminate aainst?

sorry but the equality laws in this country are only a good thing in my eye, providing that they are upheld without any positive discrimination.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

the dam countrys full of accomodation so why go where your not wanted.if a b and b had we dont welcome tall people here as its against our believes i wouldnt insist on staying and then complaining, my hard earned money would go elswhere

shall we go back to hanging signs saying 'no coloureds' in shop windows and making pregnant women give up seats on buses because they are black and a white person boarded the bus as well??

sorry but the equality laws in this country are only a good thing in my eye, providing that they are upheld without any positive discrimination."

didnt think that they refused them entry to there house, didnt they offer to let them stay but ask that they respect there beliefs and sleep in single beds ?

over a year ago

evesham

sorry but the equality laws in this country are only a good thing in my eye, providing that they are upheld without any positive discrimination.

didnt think that they refused them entry to there house, didnt they offer to let them stay but ask that they respect there beliefs and sleep in single beds ?

"

how is that any better???

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

how is that any better???"

I agree - they were imposing their beliefs on someone else. They do not have the right to do that.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

the dam countrys full of accomodation so why go where your not wanted.if a b and b had we dont welcome tall people here as its against our believes i wouldnt insist on staying and then complaining, my hard earned money would go elswhere"

But you don't always know at the time of booking. I accept not being invited to parties on here because I is black but I would be bloody angry if a club refused me on the same grounds. Until I have been to said club I would not know it was not black-friendly and it shouldn't have to fall to me to ask everytime I want to access a service or product.

It's not that long ago that accommodation signs said 'no Blacks, Irish, Travellers or dogs' and that is what your proposal will allow to happen again. No need to justify it, just state that I don't believe in letting those types into my establishment. Would you have me sitting at a separate counter for lunch too?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

how is that any better???

I agree - they were imposing their beliefs on someone else. They do not have the right to do that."

And charge them for it to boot!

over a year ago

Perhaps Nick Griffin might be British Nationality and British Sovereignty's worse enemy, but at the end of the day this campaign is bigger than one person. I'm sure that no one recalls voting for a multi-cultural Britain so how come the indigenous population of this country is slowly being eroded. Within a few decades the white indigenous population of Britain will be in the minority.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

because they tried to meet them half way ?

what happens if a 101 year old couple who cant climb stairs and need wheel chair access want to stay at the b and b

should the couple have to spend tens of thousands of pounds getting lifts installed ? are you saying the old couple should take them to court aswell ?

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

But you don't always know at the time of booking. I accept not being invited to parties on here because I is black but I would be bloody angry if a club refused me on the same grounds. Until I have been to said club I would not know it was not black-friendly and it shouldn't have to fall to me to ask everytime I want to access a service or product.

It's not that long ago that accommodation signs said 'no Blacks, Irish, Travellers or dogs' and that is what your proposal will allow to happen again. No need to justify it, just state that I don't believe in letting those types into my establishment. Would you have me sitting at a separate counter for lunch too?"

yes i would but would let you join me in the bedroom after xx he he

over a year ago

evesham

"Perhaps Nick Griffin might be British Nationality and British Sovereignty's worse enemy, but at the end of the day this campaign is bigger than one person. I'm sure that no one recalls voting for a multi-cultural Britain so how come the indigenous population of this country is slowly being eroded. Within a few decades the white indigenous population of Britain will be in the minority."

thnk you'll find that we did vote for it when we started to ship people over to do the jobs that our indigenous people were too bone idle to do!!!

over a year ago

evesham

"because they tried to meet them half way ?

what happens if a 101 year old couple who cant climb stairs and need wheel chair access want to stay at the b and b

should the couple have to spend tens of thousands of pounds getting lifts installed ? are you saying the old couple should take them to court aswell ?"

no because that would fall ouside of a 'reasonable adjustment' which is required under the equality act. it is not reasonable to expect a company to install a stairlift for 1 customer.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

should the couple have to spend tens of thousands of pounds getting lifts installed ? are you saying the old couple should take them to court aswell ?"

The law is clear about that. It would not be a reasonable adjustment to the business to make that change. Viewing all equality issues as requiring the same treatment does not lead to equality. I agree with being proportional but the provision of goods and services fall under equality legislation that covers protected characteristics. If the law is changed then they can run their business to be as discriminatory as they like. You can't say the law applies to some and not to others (white business owners for instance).

The law also requires them to ensure that their 'home' complies with fire and health and safety because they are running it as a business. It requires them to have to right insurance. Are you suggesting that as it's their home they should ignore those too? They can ignore them if they are not charging anyone to stay there.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Perhaps Nick Griffin might be British Nationality and British Sovereignty's worse enemy, but at the end of the day this campaign is bigger than one person. I'm sure that no one recalls voting for a multi-cultural Britain so how come the indigenous population of this country is slowly being eroded. Within a few decades the white indigenous population of Britain will be in the minority.

thnk you'll find that we did vote for it when we started to ship people over to do the jobs that our indigenous people were too bone idle to do!!!

"

youve hit the nail on the head with the sentence "came over to do jobs" not come over because were a soft touch..i am more than happy for anyone to come in white black pink or bloody green with purple spots if they contribute to society and would be just as happy to ship out the lazy good for nothing english people we have

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Perhaps Nick Griffin might be British Nationality and British Sovereignty's worse enemy, but at the end of the day this campaign is bigger than one person. I'm sure that no one recalls voting for a multi-cultural Britain so how come the indigenous population of this country is slowly being eroded. Within a few decades the white indigenous population of Britain will be in the minority."

Show me the indigenous population, please.

over a year ago

He is a bit of nasty work but he isn't on his own out there as there are many others. Why give him the press time or publicity though as without it he would shrivel and fade away.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

should the couple have to spend tens of thousands of pounds getting lifts installed ? are you saying the old couple should take them to court aswell ?

The law is clear about that. It would not be a reasonable adjustment to the business to make that change. Viewing all equality issues as requiring the same treatment does not lead to equality. I agree with being proportional but the provision of goods and services fall under equality legislation that covers protected characteristics. If the law is changed then they can run their business to be as discriminatory as they like. You can't say the law applies to some and not to others (white business owners for instance).

The law also requires them to ensure that their 'home' complies with fire and health and safety because they are running it as a business. It requires them to have to right insurance. Are you suggesting that as it's their home they should ignore those too? They can ignore them if they are not charging anyone to stay there."

no problem with there house having to be safe thats common sence..there are some clubs in birmingham where i wouldnt be welcome for my colour but i wouldnt take them to court i would rather drink elswhere than have a miserable night and insist its my right to be there

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

The law also requires them to ensure that their 'home' complies with fire and health and safety because they are running it as a business. It requires them to have to right insurance. Are you suggesting that as it's their home they should ignore those too? They can ignore them if they are not charging anyone to stay there."

As usual licks as covered the basic as required by law. The end fact is if you want to run a business all laws need to be took into account not just the ones you feel like obeying

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

The law also requires them to ensure that their 'home' complies with fire and health and safety because they are running it as a business. It requires them to have to right insurance. Are you suggesting that as it's their home they should ignore those too? They can ignore them if they are not charging anyone to stay there. no problem with there house having to be safe thats common sence..there are some clubs in birmingham where i wouldnt be welcome for my colour but i wouldnt take them to court i would rather drink elswhere than have a miserable night and insist its my right to be there"

If the clubs are refusing you access because of your colour then you should be doing something about it.

The point on health and safety is not about common sense, it's about the fact that there is a rule that covers this. You don't pick which rules to follow.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

The law also requires them to ensure that their 'home' complies with fire and health and safety because they are running it as a business. It requires them to have to right insurance. Are you suggesting that as it's their home they should ignore those too? They can ignore them if they are not charging anyone to stay there. no problem with there house having to be safe thats common sence..there are some clubs in birmingham where i wouldnt be welcome for my colour but i wouldnt take them to court i would rather drink elswhere than have a miserable night and insist its my right to be there

If the clubs are refusing you access because of your colour then you should be doing something about it.

The point on health and safety is not about common sense, it's about the fact that there is a rule that covers this. You don't pick which rules to follow."

what would happen if the local w i sudddenly had loads of blokes demanding to join because its there right ...surely its right that the women enjoy and want just female company now and again to get away from there blokes ?

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

I am registered blind and I eat out at least four times a week, last week I was offered a Braille menu for the first time it is considered a reasonable adjustment to have them, first One in four years. It all the same as far as I am concerned equal for everyone no matter what

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

The law also requires them to ensure that their 'home' complies with fire and health and safety because they are running it as a business. It requires them to have to right insurance. Are you suggesting that as it's their home they should ignore those too? They can ignore them if they are not charging anyone to stay there. no problem with there house having to be safe thats common sence..there are some clubs in birmingham where i wouldnt be welcome for my colour but i wouldnt take them to court i would rather drink elswhere than have a miserable night and insist its my right to be there

The point on health and safety is not about common sense, it's about the fact that there is a rule that covers this. You don't pick which rules to follow."

youve persuaded me i am off down the handsworth road friday night to demand my rights, been nice knowing you all

over a year ago

that is called natural order.

what is unacceptable is the promotion of hate, and the promotion that others are inferior to others.There is no scientific basis for that argument.That is when supporters of far right parties fail to come up with any valid reason for their policies and beliefs.

The Queen is not any better than any other human, regardless of whether she has any other races genes in her.

These groups(extremists of all types) in general prey on the weak minded,use the weak minded and will eventually discard the weak minded.Then will fight amongst themselves.

I'm all for tighter immigration, and properly funding this country, but being blinded and guided by fear and hatred just shows how stupid they really are.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

[Removed by poster at 19/10/12 00:14:54]

over a year ago

Nick Griffin is one of the guys I'd most like to have a public debate with.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Nick Griffin is one of the guys I'd most like to have a public debate with. "

Me too! I would really like to get to a stage where it is possible to engage the BNP and EDL in rational, moderated, public debate without it being a freak show. His appearance on QT did more to damage his reputation than if he had been refused. Never martyr people.

over a year ago

"Nick Griffin is one of the guys I'd most like to have a public debate with.

Me too! I would really like to get to a stage where it is possible to engage the BNP and EDL in rational, moderated, public debate without it being a freak show. His appearance on QT did more to damage his reputation than if he had been refused. Never martyr people."

over a year ago

"My point of view is live and let live. However the b&b owners should be able to refuse to serve anybody on any grounds as should any business. It's their loss. Word would soon spread round that a certain section of society was not welcome, and would you want to stay in a place run by narrow minded people."

This is what puzzled me about that case. I have worked with a large number of gay guys over the years (worked in a 'creative' industry) and the 'grapevine' amongst the gay community is almost legendary. Why didn't they spread the word and put these people out of business eventually? The BnB owners religious 'friends' wouldn't have been so forthcoming, I think, with financial help to prop the business up as they were to pay the fines...

over a year ago

Me too! I would really like to get to a stage where it is possible to engage the BNP and EDL in rational, moderated, public debate without it being a freak show. His appearance on QT did more to damage his reputation than if he had been refused. Never martyr people."

Thing that always makes me chuckle about the BNP/EDL is why they don't insist on new members having to have a DNA test to prove their blood is 'indigenous'...? Any 'decent, self-respecting' member of either organisation should easily be able to prove that they have pure, unadulterated pre-Romano blood... shouldn't they......? After all, that would be the last point at which anyone in these shores could truly be classed as 'indigenous'.. Wonder why they don't do that..? Wonder what Mr Griffins blood test would show up... hmmmm......???

over a year ago

Hey. let's not let the truth get in the way of a nice public lynching!

Whilst I'm no fan of Griffin or his misrepresentative party I feel it should be pointed out that Griffin did NOT tweet the address of the gay couple at the centre of this case. In fact, Griffin asked them to post it so he could organise a demo outside their residence. Not quite the same thing is it.

p.s. I agree with Eveshamgal on this issue. If someone sets up a business to provide accommodation to paying customers then they must adhere to the laws that govern such a business and keep their personal beliefs personal.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/10/12 01:35:35]

over a year ago

Me too! I would really like to get to a stage where it is possible to engage the BNP and EDL in rational, moderated, public debate without it being a freak show. His appearance on QT did more to damage his reputation than if he had been refused. Never martyr people.

Thing that always makes me chuckle about the BNP/EDL is why they don't insist on new members having to have a DNA test to prove their blood is 'indigenous'...? Any 'decent, self-respecting' member of either organisation should easily be able to prove that they have pure, unadulterated pre-Romano blood... shouldn't they......? After all, that would be the last point at which anyone in these shores could truly be classed as 'indigenous'.. Wonder why they don't do that..? Wonder what Mr Griffins blood test would show up... hmmmm......???

"

Feeling British is more than the constituent parts of one's blood. My blood can be transfused into someone not of my race and work perfectly well for that person if we are of compatible blood type grouping.

Being British is belief in a set of ideals that instill pride in one's home country, whether that is defined by place of birth, parental heritage, or migration from another geographical location to territories held by the UK. Griffin harks back to a time when there was only English speaking white people roaming these lands and he has as much liklihood of seeing those days again as he does in getting his party elected to power so that they can bring those days back. The British public are his worst enemy not his greatest ally.

over a year ago

Feeling British is more than the constituent parts of one's blood. My blood can be transfused into someone not of my race and work perfectly well for that person if we are of compatible blood type grouping.

Being British is belief in a set of ideals that instill pride in one's home country, whether that is defined by place of birth, parental heritage, or migration from another geographical location to territories held by the UK. Griffin harks back to a time when there was only English speaking white people roaming these lands and he has as much liklihood of seeing those days again as he does in getting his party elected to power so that they can bring those days back. The British public are his worst enemy not his greatest ally."

Yes, to you and I that is a much better description of 'Britishness' , but it's not the BNP's is it.. You have only to listen to phone-ins in the London area (the BNP HQ is in Eltham, SE London) to hear the word 'indigenous' used repeatedly. When challenged, not one of them can offer a proper explanation of what they think it means - my offering of pre-Romano was rather tongue in cheek, but I hope you can see the point I was making. As for the era Mr Griffin harks back to, I think it pre-dates even spoken English! Think we are talking 'Pictish' and wode-wearing here, aren't we...?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"A couple of years ago I went on a date with an old school friend who had got in touch when he heard I had divorced (which was a mutual decision and we are still friends). He banged on and on about the BNP and how and why he had voted for them. In a lull in the conversation I simply told him that my ex had been an asylum seeker and a Muslim.

The date finished quite rapidly after that!! And I never saw him again! Funny that! "

I met someone off here who had an unusual surname I googled. His name, address, phone number and email address all came up...on the BNP supporters list.

It was amusing hearing him trying to extricate himself from the BNP. I wonder if he realised I was black?

Personally hatred based purely on race, religion, sexuality etc is beyond me. If your life is so full of hate can't have much room left to love...what a tragedy.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

From memory a few years back there was a report that stated every body on the planet is related to a woman from Ethiopia... So I think that may poop on any arguement.

over a year ago

"From memory a few years back there was a report that stated every body on the planet is related to a woman from Ethiopia... So I think that may poop on any arguement."

That means everyone on here is related! Shit! Oh well, nothing wrong with keeping incest in the family eh?

By *aturasqCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"A couple of years ago I went on a date with an old school friend who had got in touch when he heard I had divorced (which was a mutual decision and we are still friends). He banged on and on about the BNP and how and why he had voted for them. In a lull in the conversation I simply told him that my ex had been an asylum seeker and a Muslim.

I met someone off here who had an unusual surname I googled. His name, address, phone number and email address all came up...on the BNP supporters list.

It was amusing hearing him trying to extricate himself from the BNP. I wonder if he realised I was black?

Personally hatred based purely on race, religion, sexuality etc is beyond me. If your life is so full of hate can't have much room left to love...what a tragedy."

over a year ago

I've met him (no, I wasn't in the bnp) he revels in the thug element and the people around him are ex football hooligans and anti-social pricks. He manipulates them to do his dirty work because he hasn't got the balls to do it himself, just like John Tindle before him.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

In no way am I defending the man....but when I first read this thread I went to have anose at his tweets and he tweeted something along the lines of give me the address and we will go do a demo outside the B+B.....there was no address on there.

There was a lot of abuse on it though....

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"From memory a few years back there was a report that stated every body on the planet is related to a woman from Ethiopia... So I think that may poop on any arguement."
Blimey that woman in ethiopia must be exhuasted

over a year ago

"

I often read things on here that people have typed and cringe... but this one... I honestly cannot believe you actually posted this

over a year ago

Does he have tattoos ?

I wouldn't be at all surprised

over a year ago

"In no way am I defending the man....but when I first read this thread I went to have anose at his tweets and he tweeted something along the lines of give me the address and we will go do a demo outside the B+B.....there was no address on there.

There was a lot of abuse on it though.... "

That's what I read too, but on the BBC News site today it mentions that Griffin did post their address after he made the request for it (not that they gave it to him, he must have found out from someone else where they lived) so apologies to the OP for incorrectly correcting him. I think.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"In no way am I defending the man....but when I first read this thread I went to have anose at his tweets and he tweeted something along the lines of give me the address and we will go do a demo outside the B+B.....there was no address on there.

There was a lot of abuse on it though....

That's what I read too, but on the BBC News site today it mentions that Griffin did post their address after he made the request for it (not that they gave it to him, he must have found out from someone else where they lived) so apologies to the OP for incorrectly correcting him. I think. "

Wally.....not you...him

over a year ago

I've been reading more about this particular case and although I disagree that a hotelier should be able to discriminate on who resides with them I find myself questioning the true motives of the gay couple she refused when she has also turned away unmarried heterosexual couples who haven't made a song and dance about being 'victimised'.

Is this an equality issue, or a gay rights one?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I've been reading more about this particular case and although I disagree that a hotelier should be able to discriminate on who resides with them I find myself questioning the true motives of the gay couple she refused when she has also turned away unmarried heterosexual couples who haven't made a song and dance about being 'victimised'.

Is this an equality issue, or a gay rights one?"

Frankly, I think it was a test case issue rather than anything else.

By *adystephanieTV/TS
over a year ago

glos

When I book a hotel I openly explain my lifestyle choice and ask if the hotel and staff would be comfertable with me comeing and going 'dressed' if they say no I just move on and dont give it a second thought after all in these times there are lots of empty hotel rooms so someone else is going to get my cash, maybe this hotellier was actually targeted by a gay rights group, maybe 'Tricky Nicky' wanted a response to show us he is still around, as for him being dangerous, lmfao he's just a gobby little t**t

By *rumalexMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

The point on health and safety is not about common sense, it's about the fact that there is a rule that covers this. You don't pick which rules to follow. youve persuaded me i am off down the handsworth road friday night to demand my rights, been nice knowing you all "

there aint no handsworth road in birmingham!!!

over a year ago

"The man is beyond contempt,an embarrasment to the nation"

Given that most people outside Britain have almost certainly never heard of Nick Griffin, I fail to see how he is an embarrassment to the nation .

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/10/12 17:19:53]

over a year ago

"I've met him (no, I wasn't in the bnp) he revels in the thug element and the people around him are ex football hooligans and anti-social pricks. He manipulates them to do his dirty work because he hasn't got the balls to do it himself, just like John Tindle before him.

"

John Tyndall you mean.

over a year ago

evesham

"I've been reading more about this particular case and although I disagree that a hotelier should be able to discriminate on who resides with them I find myself questioning the true motives of the gay couple she refused when she has also turned away unmarried heterosexual couples who haven't made a song and dance about being 'victimised'.

Are they not the same thing? Just because unmarried people who have been turned away previously haven't taken the matter further doesn't mean this case shouldn't have been bought to light.

What if no one ever challenged anything?

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

There have been various comments raised both for and against the owners of the B&B business, but from my perspective as a Hotel Manager of many years experience, let me describe the following.

Even as little as 10-15 years ago, I could not have booked two men, gay or heterosexual, in a double bedded room, as the law would have said I was running a "disorderly house!" as I would have been in breach of homosexuality regulations. Instead , I would have had to offer a Twin bedded room, that is with two beds.

The crazy twist on this was I could book two females, gay or heterosexual, into a Double bedded room and no-one would mind at all!

Times have changed and though these laws do actually still exist, it is accepted these days as quite normal.

Refusing to take someone into your business is the owners perogative, so long as alternatives are offerred. This couple, as far as I can ascertain from media reports etc, did offer alternative accommodation, so they followed the letter of the law.

I've personal experience of incidents in my career, where accommodation issues have arisen resulting in complaints and often the two guys in the room have come up with their trump card, "you're getting at us because we're gay!"

Their sexuality had nothing to do with it, but there is an element of people who will try to use this for their own ends, be it the colour of their skin, their ethnicity, their nationality or their sexuality, Human rights and so many other possibilities.

over a year ago

A lot questioned the motives of Rosa Parks at the time, it's documented.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"There have been various comments raised both for and against the owners of the B&B business, but from my perspective as a Hotel Manager of many years experience, let me describe the following.

Even as little as 10-15 years ago, I could not have booked two men, gay or heterosexual, in a double bedded room, as the law would have said I was running a "disorderly house!" as I would have been in breach of homosexuality regulations. Instead , I would have had to offer a Twin bedded room, that is with two beds.

The crazy twist on this was I could book two females, gay or heterosexual, into a Double bedded room and no-one would mind at all!

Times have changed and though these laws do actually still exist, it is accepted these days as quite normal.

Refusing to take someone into your business is the owners perogative, so long as alternatives are offerred. This couple, as far as I can ascertain from media reports etc, did offer alternative accommodation, so they followed the letter of the law.

I've personal experience of incidents in my career, where accommodation issues have arisen resulting in complaints and often the two guys in the room have come up with their trump card, "you're getting at us because we're gay!"

Their sexuality had nothing to do with it, but there is an element of people who will try to use this for their own ends, be it the colour of their skin, their ethnicity, their nationality or their sexuality, Human rights and so many other possibilities.

"

You are correct that business owners can provide at their perogative but their reasons cannot in breach of protected characteristics. We now have case law to show this is a bad move for business owners to think they can circumvent this law in the provision of goods and services by claiming their perogative.

There is a Catholic adoption charity that has been going through a similar case as they were refusing to place children with gay couples. The outcome has been tested to the same - they are in breach of the law.

By *uriouskinky2Couple
over a year ago

wrexham

"

there aint no handsworth road in birmingham!!! "

My works van broke down on Soho Rd in Handsworth one night a few years ago, I happily walked around in the dark looking in various shops and cafes and even had dinner in an excellent Veggie Restaurant down the road. Everybody seemed friendly and welcoming and I didn't once feel threatened.

over a year ago

i think to compare him to a terrorist is a little OTT....his actions were well out of order but I cant disagree with all his ideas

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

[Removed by poster at 19/10/12 19:37:36]

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I've met him (no, I wasn't in the bnp) he revels in the thug element and the people around him are ex football hooligans and anti-social pricks. He manipulates them to do his dirty work because he hasn't got the balls to do it himself, just like John Tindle before him.

John Tyndall you mean."

However would we cope on here without our very own spelling police?....

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

The point on health and safety is not about common sense, it's about the fact that there is a rule that covers this. You don't pick which rules to follow. youve persuaded me i am off down the handsworth road friday night to demand my rights, been nice knowing you all

there aint no handsworth road in birmingham!!! "

try handsworth new road b'ham B18 which leads from winson green to handsworth,or handsworth new road bham B20 which leads from hamstead to handsworth park,i know as i have walked the length of those roads many times!.

By *rumalexMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

The point on health and safety is not about common sense, it's about the fact that there is a rule that covers this. You don't pick which rules to follow. youve persuaded me i am off down the handsworth road friday night to demand my rights, been nice knowing you all

try handsworth new road b'ham B18 which leads from winson green to handsworth,or handsworth new road bham B20 which leads from hamstead to handsworth park,i know as i have walked the length of those roads many times!."

i know it well was born and grew up in handsworth, but no handsworth road though

over a year ago

Nick Griffin is a cunt.

That is all.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

tony blair is a cunt!.

over a year ago

try handsworth new road b'ham B18 which leads from winson green to handsworth,or handsworth new road bham B20 which leads from hamstead to handsworth park,i know as i have walked the length of those roads many times!.

i know it well was born and grew up in handsworth, but no handsworth road though "

There's a Handsworth New Road (A4040). Still got my copy of Handsworth Revolution by Steel Pulse circa 1978 vintage - love it

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

i know it well was born and grew up in handsworth, but no handsworth road though

There's a Handsworth New Road (A4040). Still got my copy of Handsworth Revolution by Steel Pulse circa 1978 vintage - love it

"

cheers guys, i knew there was a handsworth road, but accept i missed out the new bit

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

"there aint no handsworth road in birmingham!!!

cheers guys, i knew there was a handsworth road, but accept i missed out the new bit"

oops!,i made a typo mistake in haste to reply and it is handsworh wood road leading from hamstead to handsworth park.

the handsworth road referred to is soho hill leading to soho road, its called the handsworth road as it leads from b'ham city centre to handsworth.

the clubs or drinking dens used to be along the left hand side of soho hill as you approach the traffic lights by the tech college.

over a year ago

"Nick Griffin is a cunt.

That is all."

If you think about it, Nick Griffin is doing an absolutely superb job as leader of the BNP because as long as he in the public spotlight continually putting his size 9's in his mouth and digging more holes than a paddy on pricework the BNP will never get anywhere.

It's when they get themselves a more eloquent mouthpiece that we should start taking them more seriously.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"

I had to read that twice, as I couln't believe what I 1st read

over a year ago

"Nick Griffin is a cunt.

That is all.

If you think about it, Nick Griffin is doing an absolutely superb job as leader of the BNP because as long as he in the public spotlight continually putting his size 9's in his mouth and digging more holes than a paddy on pricework the BNP will never get anywhere.

It's when they get themselves a more eloquent mouthpiece that we should start taking them more seriously."

not too sure if I should sell this enoch powell zombie revival fluid yet...

over a year ago

Being British is belief in a set of ideals that instill pride in one's home country, whether that is defined by place of birth, parental heritage, or migration from another geographical location to territories held by the UK. Griffin harks back to a time when there was only English speaking white people roaming these lands and he has as much liklihood of seeing those days again as he does in getting his party elected to power so that they can bring those days back. The British public are his worst enemy not his greatest ally."

There is no such thing as the British race -Britain is a political construct. There is such thing as the English race however. Scholars of history and physical anthropology will tell you that the English are a largely Germanic people and really, even the dimmest person would be able to verify this for himself by travelling around the country and noting that most people are light skinned and blue eyed.

One problem with the whole race debate it seems to me is that some people, in their efforts to show how non-racist they are try to argue that we the English are all racial mongrels anyway (and this is often put across on television for a largely uninformed audience) like the Americans. To me this is counter-productive and only helps fuel the arguments of Nick Puffin and his like.

And being British has nothing to do with having pride in one's country. Personally I feel little pride in my country when I see so many people so ignorant of their own history and unable to spell simple words in their own language even after at least eleven years of schooling. Quite the contrary in fact. When I think of the children I have taught in places like India and Nepal whose English is better than that of many people here, I feel ashamed of my country.

over a year ago

Being British is belief in a set of ideals that instill pride in one's home country, whether that is defined by place of birth, parental heritage, or migration from another geographical location to territories held by the UK. Griffin harks back to a time when there was only English speaking white people roaming these lands and he has as much liklihood of seeing those days again as he does in getting his party elected to power so that they can bring those days back. The British public are his worst enemy not his greatest ally.

There is no such thing as the British race -Britain is a political construct. There is such thing as the English race however. Scholars of history and physical anthropology will tell you that the English are a largely Germanic people and really, even the dimmest person would be able to verify this for himself by travelling around the country and noting that most people are light skinned and blue eyed.

One problem with the whole race debate it seems to me is that some people, in their efforts to show how non-racist they are try to argue that we the English are all racial mongrels anyway (and this is often put across on television for a largely uninformed audience) like the Americans. To me this is counter-productive and only helps fuel the arguments of Nick Puffin and his like.

And being British has nothing to do with having pride in one's country. Personally I feel little pride in my country when I see so many people so ignorant of their own history and unable to spell simple words in their own language even after at least eleven years of schooling. Quite the contrary in fact. When I think of the children I have taught in places like India and Nepal whose English is better than that of many people here, I feel ashamed of my country."

And what simple words was I unable to spell correctly? You are correct that there is a definable English race and their origins are, broadly, Germanic. They would have been cut off here when the English Channel flooded, according to geologists sometime anywhere from 8,000 to 12,000 years ago. Some would also have followed by sea. Prior to that, the British Isles would have been a largely un-populated peninsula off the north-western tip of Europe. From then until the Roman conquest, that race developed largely unaffected from outside. From the Roman period onwards however, this country was subjected to a series of well documented invasions and conquests until William of Normandy arrived in 1066. After that period, there were a further series of waves of immigration from the Jews to the Hugenots and more. My own family came to these shores 300+ years ago with William and Mary.

Challenge the BNP to explain what is 'indigenous' in the light of the last 2000 years of our history and they cannot. Does that fact that my family were not pre-Roman Angles (in turn, descended from Germanic races) make me 'non-indigenous'? The question for me about Mr Griffin and his cohort, is quite simply 'Where do you draw the line...?' Most of their angst is, or seems to be, directed against immigration during the last hundred years - most notably post World War Two. but they conveniently gloss over the fact that this country has been a melting pot for far, far longer.

That, to me, is central to their discriminatory approach to everything.

If just ONE BNP member can prove to me that they are DIRECTLY descended from the pre-Roman, Germanic-derived Angles then - and ONLY then - will I listen.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

yes i agree we should spend more money on education!,we should revue our commitment to the wastefull eu,stop sending money to fund the nuclear programme in india,stop funding terrorists training in pakistan and stop funding chinas industry at the cost of our own!,then start spending the money saved on our education systems as some of our schools are falling down and need attention,our NHS needs a cash injection too!.

charity begins at home!.

Post new Message to Thread