Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tattoos

Jump to newest

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Forgive if this has been done before, but how do you feel about tattoos? I don't mind the odd ones; I can take or leave them. But I really hate those pics where the guy is showing off a huge tattoo - usually on his back. I often wonder why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think there was a thread last week lol

I have a small tattoo on my left shoulder, I don't personally like too many tattoo's..eg full body ones...

Some are very artistic and I'd imagine that is why they like showing them off, each to their own.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Damn - sorry if it's been done before. It's just I got messaged by someone who had a photo of their back covered in a tattoo. It really put me off - I can't say why.

over a year ago

I have 4, 3 smallish ones and a half arm piece. I am in the process of having another large piece designed for my ribs. All my tattoos have been designed by me and are very personal to myself and my beliefs

My OH is about to have an intricate piece across her foot and ankle, again, designed by her and personal to her.

Funny enough, we are watching LA Ink as I write this.... so needless to say, we love the art of skin inking!!!

over a year ago

2 tattoos and desperate for more, i believe they are an amazing form of artistic self expression

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

I don't mind smallish ones even if there are a lot. It is the huge, full-back ones which switch me off instantly.

over a year ago

Yum - I love ink! But not if it's badly done...that's a bit naff.

I just want to lick and drool over tats, I think they're incredibly sexy!

By *red and florenceCouple
over a year ago

whitstable

Love tatts... Fred is heavily tattoed, I hav one on foot and the kids names on my wrists.. All 6 of them lol..!! Want more, tattoes that is not kids!

over a year ago

One very pretty one on my arm that isnt small but then small would just look stooopid on me lol

over a year ago

Mine are only small but they are personal to me

I do want more but not one too rush into it

over a year ago

love men with tattoo,s its such a turn on and a bonus if he,s extremely handsome to boot i also have 7 of them and i don,t regret a single one

over a year ago

I have 3 small ones but wouldn't go for a mssive tribal or sleeve...mine all relate to a story/part of my life

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Not keen on the full sleeve ones either but it would not put me off meeting someone.

over a year ago

We em

Wolf

over a year ago

I love half sleeves and full sleeves - leg tats I'm not big on I guess.

LOL just talking about tattoos has got me a bit

By *illows ManMan
over a year ago

torquay

"Forgive if this has been done before, but how do you feel about tattoos? I don't mind the odd ones; I can take or leave them. But I really hate those pics where the guy is showing off a huge tattoo - usually on his back. I often wonder why?"

I knew a guy who has a tattoo on his cock saying 'WENDY'. He was often complimented on having his wife's name tattooed in such a place but his reply would always be "It's multi-functional, yes, Wendy is my wifes name but when I get an errection it actually says "WElcome to the west iNdies, have a nice DaY"

over a year ago

I love tattoos and I appreciate anyone that wishes to decorate their body in whatever way they wish, it is self expression.

I have tattoos on my foot and ankle, they did hurt but I love them and am so pleased that I had them done. I started off with a small rose on my shoulder and then a lily on my foot and recently I just added to them.

I know that ill add to the small rose on my shoulder but I won't have anything too big. I need to be able to cover mine for work so I wouldn't have any on my arms, neck or hands etc

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

have quite a few tattoos they are all for me as i like them. if a person doesnt like them thats no problem but i wouldnt change myself to keep someone else happy

over a year ago

I have 5 x

over a year ago

I have one between my shoulders. Got it when d*unk on holiday. I dont regret the tatoo but why I got my name done in thia is a thing a regret as no one believes wot it says.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"have quite a few tattoos they are all for me as i like them. if a person doesnt like them thats no problem but i wouldnt change myself to keep someone else happy "

I agree - no one should change themselves for someone else. That way lies deep unhappiness.

over a year ago

I think each to their own, if everyone liked the same it would b boring.

I personally like tattoos doesn't bother me how many they have or even if they have none, it's the person I'm interested in and not the tattoos.

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Maybe I am in the minority!

over a year ago

Personally I detest them and at one time a person with a dodgy tattoo was considered to be from a low social class. I'm sure you won't find many Doctors, Barristers, Judges etc with Tattoos. This is just an opinion so no nasty comments please.

over a year ago

I have both sleeves done, one on my chest, one at the top of my back (bottom of my neck) and my right calf.

I'm working with an artist in Northampton on a back piece that is portraits of various musicians. It will be as photo realistic as possible (and cost a fair old bit too!).

As you can guess, I love tattoo's, I love tattoo'd women too...

over a year ago

"Personally I detest them and at one time a person with a dodgy tattoo was considered to be from a low social class. I'm sure you won't find many Doctors, Barristers, Judges etc with Tattoos. This is just an opinion so no nasty comments please."

Slightlt wrong there. I know of MANY professionals with multiple tattoo's, including Doctors, Barristers & Judges.

They just have them where they're not visible when they're dressed for work.

Even Winston Churchill's mother had a tattoo of a snake on her back.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/10/12 16:08:21]

over a year ago

Still slowly adding to my dragonflies going down my back.

To anyone who has them on their ankle or foot did it hurt any more than the others you had?

Mine have hit my shoulder blade and rib just wanted to know if the pain was much more?

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

My grandmother (who was born in 1891!) had them up her arms. She hated them and always wore long-sleeved tops to hide them. They were an 'aberration of youth' to her.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Maybe I am in the minority!"

I'm not a fan of them either, but it "goes" with some people. My son-in-law was in the navy and marines so his tattoos were "acceptable" to me. Now he's in civvy street he just looks a bit chavvy to me.

That said, unless a bloke had a square forehead and his knuckles scraped on ground when he walked, it wouldn't necessarily put me off meeting him if he had loads of tattoos.

over a year ago

"Still slowly adding to my dragonflies going down my back.

To anyone who has them on their ankle or foot did it hurt any more than the others you had?

Mine have hit my shoulder blade and rib just wanted to know if the pain was much more? "

Shouldn't hurt more than the ribcage area, that's one of the more painful areas to get done (along with elbows and knees).

I used to work in a studio and most women said that having one on their foot was fine and the ankle wasn't too bad either. Just remember to wear comfortable shoes for when you leave the studio.

By *azNdavCouple
over a year ago

barnsley

We both have about 8 tattoos each most of them are unique to us. Don't much care for the ones off the walls in the shops.

But do you notice how people with tattoos don't judge those without?

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"We both have about 8 tattoos each most of them are unique to us. Don't much care for the ones off the walls in the shops.

But do you notice how people with tattoos don't judge those without? "

I shall consider myself judged!

By *hyblueEyesMan
over a year ago

Daventry

I love mine. Mine is my daughters name cleverly disguised in a tribal style tat. It serves as a permenant reminder of the best thing that ever happened in my life

By *hyblueEyesMan
over a year ago

Daventry

"Personally I detest them and at one time a person with a dodgy tattoo was considered to be from a low social class. I'm sure you won't find many Doctors, Barristers, Judges etc with Tattoos. This is just an opinion so no nasty comments please.

Slightlt wrong there. I know of MANY professionals with multiple tattoo's, including Doctors, Barristers & Judges.

Even Winston Churchill's mother had a tattoo of a snake on her back."

I'm a deputy head in a secondary school and I have them. I also know of quite a few of my staff that have them. I think without trying to offend anyone it's becoming a bit of a trend with the younger generations. I see more and more of my younger members of staff with them

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Personally I detest them and at one time a person with a dodgy tattoo was considered to be from a low social class. I'm sure you won't find many Doctors, Barristers, Judges etc with Tattoos. This is just an opinion so no nasty comments please."
I would not dream of criticising you for your opinion as at the end of the day the connotation that people have with tattoos. If you grew up (as I did) thinking that tattoos were associated with working class then you can be forgiven for thinking they are.

I have two university degrees and I am working on my third... and about 3 years ago I decided to have one. Just the one and I love it and have not looked back. For me it was about something completely different and my tattoo (in Latin btw) means something to me.

But hey... we are all different. And that is good, too!

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Personally I detest them and at one time a person with a dodgy tattoo was considered to be from a low social class. I'm sure you won't find many Doctors, Barristers, Judges etc with Tattoos. This is just an opinion so no nasty comments please.

Even Winston Churchill's mother had a tattoo of a snake on her back.

I'm a deputy head in a secondary school and I have them. I also know of quite a few of my staff that have them. I think without trying to offend anyone it's becoming a bit of a trend with the younger generations. I see more and more of my younger members of staff with them "

I also know a number of teachers with them. I have no issue with them except that I find the avatars with huge back tattoos a turn off.

over a year ago

not a big fan of them, especially on women.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"not a big fan of them, especially on women. "
Stop it, Cute ... you d love mine

over a year ago

"not a big fan of them, especially on women. Stop it, Cute ... you d love mine "

think on women it can make them look a little bit thuggish. i have lots of friends with tattoo's and it works for them and their style just doesn't mean i have to like them lol

over a year ago

I like the person, irrespective of whether they have tattoos or not. If someone doesn't like tattoos I respect their views. There's some tattoo types that I don't like and wouldn't have done myself. But then there are some hair styles I wouldn't have either.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Tats dont put me off personalities but they do put me off visually if I don't know the person.

over a year ago

I have a few - some small, some large!

As they're very individual you'll not see them in my profile pics for discretion - but so far no-one i've met through Fab has suddenly changed their mind about me having seen me in the flesh!

I have remembered of course to list it in my details - which confuses some when they can't see any in my pics!

over a year ago

Im heavily tattooed and ive had alot of negative responses about them, each to their own, but i love them and im a work in progress

over a year ago

"Forgive if this has been done before, but how do you feel about tattoos? I don't mind the odd ones; I can take or leave them. But I really hate those pics where the guy is showing off a huge tattoo - usually on his back. I often wonder why?"

i have to admit i offen wonder why people put pics of their tattoos up

i mean if you have them and you have pics they will show thats different but to just put a close up pic of your tattoos on your profile is a little odd to me

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"not a big fan of them, especially on women. Stop it, Cute ... you d love mine

think on women it can make them look a little bit thuggish. i have lots of friends with tattoo's and it works for them and their style just doesn't mean i have to like them lol"

Its ok, was only pulling your leg

over a year ago

"Im heavily tattooed and ive had alot of negative responses about them, each to their own, but i love them and im a work in progress "

me too

try being a woman with a lot!! i get strangers in pubs coming upto me asking if im a lesbain and alsorts because i have them lol

i have two half sleeves and a full back piece so when i go out for the night and wear a dress i have a lot of ink on show and i get some really nasty comments by the end of the night when people are pissed

over a year ago

"Still slowly adding to my dragonflies going down my back.

Mine have hit my shoulder blade and rib just wanted to know if the pain was much more? "

I've on on my ankle, one on my back and one on my upper arm. The ankle one I barely noticed compared to the others, and the am one was the only one that was in any way painful.

over a year ago

"

i get some really nasty comments by the end of the night when people are pissed"

over a year ago

think on women it can make them look a little bit thuggish. i have lots of friends with tattoo's and it works for them and their style just doesn't mean i have to like them lol"

just out of interest why can tattoos make women look thuggish and not men?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Im heavily tattooed and ive had alot of negative responses about them, each to their own, but i love them and im a work in progress

me too

try being a woman with a lot!! i get strangers in pubs coming upto me asking if im a lesbain and alsorts because i have them lol

i have two half sleeves and a full back piece so when i go out for the night and wear a dress i have a lot of ink on show and i get some really nasty comments by the end of the night when people are pissed"

That is wrong and just shows that some people STILL associate tattoos with other negative images. Tattoos in my view are personal choices and they are one of many ways of expressing your personality and as in my case they are there for a reason.

over a year ago

think on women it can make them look a little bit thuggish. i have lots of friends with tattoo's and it works for them and their style just doesn't mean i have to like them lol

just out of interest why can tattoos make women look thuggish and not men?"

My ex husband told me I looked like a nightclub bouncer when I had my last one done.

over a year ago

Mine have come in really handy as on a few occasions they have started a conversation when someone has asked to have a look..

Which has ended up in us having fun

over a year ago

Well thought out and well done artistic tattoos can look great on everyone. I love hearing the back stories behind peoples tattoos.

I've got just the one between my shoulder blades, its original and personal to me. I do want one on my foot and have designed it already, just need to get it done.

Red

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman
over a year ago

I know that some can be very artistic but I find that often they do not photograph well and the huge ones just look unpleasant on avatars.

over a year ago

In terms of whether it makes somebody more or less attractive then it depends entirely on the tattoo and person, I quite like the alternative look. However, having said that, if somebody rocked up with a Tigger from Winnie the pooh (sp?) tattoo I can't say I'd find it attractive, the opposite infact!

over a year ago

I (Mercedes) have two. One on my left shoulder and one on inside of right ankle. Both have meaning to me and represent a chapter in my life. I don't want any more as like most I find too many to look tacky.

over a year ago

I don't mind the odd tasteful one but large one or if the guy is ott with them really puts me off

over a year ago

"I don't mind the odd tasteful one but large one or if the guy is ott with them really puts me off "

see and i prefer large pieces rather than numerous small ones

Id sooner see someone with a arm sleeve rather than random small ones on their arms or say a full back pieve rather than one on each shoulder blade

when people say things like i have 16 tattoos i just think of the image of a patch work quilt with lots of random tattoos all over, id sooner see big full pieces

just oes to show how we are all different

over a year ago

I had mine done 3 years ago, when I felt my bum has sagged enough to justify one without too much distortion for a good few years.

over a year ago

tattoos ha..what sort of crazy bastard wud want that done to themselves....

over a year ago

"I don't mind the odd tasteful one but large one or if the guy is ott with them really puts me off

see and i prefer large pieces rather than numerous small ones

Id sooner see someone with a arm sleeve rather than random small ones on their arms or say a full back pieve rather than one on each shoulder blade

when people say things like i have 16 tattoos i just think of the image of a patch work quilt with lots of random tattoos all over, id sooner see big full pieces

just oes to show how we are all different

"

I like your random patchwork quilt quote. I think that describes mine quite well.

over a year ago

"tattoos ha..what sort of crazy bastard wud want that done to themselves.... "

Its no the tattoos that scare me with you, its the fact you look like my Mother In Law!!!

over a year ago

I love men with tats and I really love the full back ones. I thought they were a bit common before I met my ex husband but I just loved his, his back was covered and used to enjoy looking at him walking around the bedroom naked. Ever since then I've loved men with tats. However, i have a real dislike of women with tats especially Mature women. also seeing a lovely bride in her gorgeous dress and then seeing a tat just ruins the look. Just my personal view x

over a year ago

I had a few stupid ones done as a kid but currently working on getting cover ups.

I will admit I'm a big tattoo fan but do understand people can be put off by them

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

Boldon

I got a butterfly on my back last year with my best friend - i'd wanted a tattoo for over 20 years but until I could stick to what and where, I wasn't getting it done. I got a new one on my thigh which matches my best friends ( we went together) 2 weeks ago which has our initials and bff (best friends forever) as we now live 175 miles apart since I moved in with a guy she introduced me to! I would like another one but again, exactly what and where I have yet to decide.

By *ursevampsWoman
over a year ago

bucks

i have to tatts and i love them one is a bat wings with my son name on my inside wrist and other is a gothic butterfly i had one sesigned by my bff and her daughter loves it and caresses it and says my sons name she two knows how special is to me and other one i love anything gothic and i aw the butterfly and had it on other wrist endings and ne beginnings for me is what it represented i dont care if people like or dislike i had them done no one else i knew as a kid iwanted one just had to decide what and where in plan of another one very soon

Post new Message to Thread