Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Health and safety bollocks!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Watching a children's programme with my 2 year old based in a doctors surgery, and it showed a group of kids around 4-5 years old wearing crash helmets, knee and elbow pads..... to run an egg and spoon race. Anyone else think this is ridiculous?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Oh and wrist guards too

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What... No goggles??? That egg yoke can cause a nasty injury lol

over a year ago

Am surprised they used real eggs in case some one has an allergy!

over a year ago

i watched Ballamorey earlier and Archie got two bags of sugar from Suzie sweets and Penny pockets shop.. he took it without paying. Frustrates me as ive been teaching my nearly 3yr old to pay for things and its wrong to just take..

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

we r not allowed that race at school sports day any more its insanity

over a year ago

"Watching a children's programme with my 2 year old based in a doctors surgery, and it showed a group of kids around 4-5 years old wearing crash helmets, knee and elbow pads..... to run an egg and spoon race. Anyone else think this is ridiculous? "

Welcome to life in 2012 ffs the worlds gone mad!!!!!!

By *atcherofmyballsMan
over a year ago

hereford

Just checked my bollox. They are healthy and safe

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

H&S has it's place but just not with everything.

I used to work in a shop that had display lamps in the show room. We weren't allowed to change a bulb in case we burnt ourselves, so had to call the company electrician.

A friend in another company wasn't allowed to open the window because of the plant pot on the ledge. Had to call maintenance to remove the plant first. I'm not talk a huge palm but a spindly spider plant

Scarlett

over a year ago

I blame the easy compensation society we live in nowadays. Far too many folk willing to take councils and other establishments to court over the slightest scrape.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

It's a myth that the HSE is responsible for all the ridiculous rules and regulations, they're usually dreamt up by the school, office or whatever themselves. Z

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

"I blame the easy compensation society we live in nowadays. Far too many folk willing to take councils and other establishments to court over the slightest scrape. "
yes thats what affects education

over a year ago

"I blame the easy compensation society we live in nowadays. Far too many folk willing to take councils and other establishments to court over the slightest scrape. "

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

"It's a myth that the HSE is responsible for all the ridiculous rules and regulations, they're usually dreamt up by the school, office or whatever themselves. Z"
not in our school we recieve guidelines from our local council and made to act according to them

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"It's a myth that the HSE is responsible for all the ridiculous rules and regulations, they're usually dreamt up by the school, office or whatever themselves. Znot in our school we recieve guidelines from our local council and made to act according to them"

i'm sure you do but the daft ones don't usually come from the HSE. Z

over a year ago

"we r not allowed that race at school sports day any more its insanity "

No way! Which ones are still allowed?

over a year ago

"i watched Ballamorey earlier and Archie got two bags of sugar from Suzie sweets and Penny pockets shop.. he took it without paying. Frustrates me as ive been teaching my nearly 3yr old to pay for things and its wrong to just take.. "

I noticed that too

over a year ago

Insurance companies and the compo culture...

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

[Removed by poster at 13/10/12 13:22:34]

over a year ago

I have to wear a hard hat on building sites incase something falls on my head.....but the public can walk around BnQ without a hard hat...with tons of products packed on shelves above their heads..??????

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

"we r not allowed that race at school sports day any more its insanity

No way! Which ones are still allowed? "

straight running balancing bean bags hoops and skipping the ones that r banned are egg n spoon sack race have to be open on the bottom parents races 3 legged race and running backwards

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

The egg and spoon race should be banned, it can damage the unborn chick.

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

Just had to go and look up H&S myths, there are quite a few. And yes there is no fact in egg and spoon races not being allowed due to H&S so Zoe is correct.

Problem is people use it incorrectly as a quick answer for not allowing something as people don't seem to question it, when they should be saying, it's against company policy, food & hygiene standards or simply just because they don't want to.

Scarlett

Post new Message to Thread