Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BMWs no good

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently, some BMW police cars may be unsafe at high speed and the Chief of Police has banned pursuits in them. Does this affect the civilian BMWs too and have we been told?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Apparently, some BMW police cars may be unsafe at high speed and the Chief of Police has banned pursuits in them. Does this affect the civilian BMWs too and have we been told?"

Wouldn’t know…. Mine has a built in limiter I can set based on the road type , don’t think I’ve ever doe over 110, maybe a little more on motorways etc

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering

"Apparently, some BMW police cars may be unsafe at high speed and the Chief of Police has banned pursuits in them. Does this affect the civilian BMWs too and have we been told?"

Did you not watch Jeremy Clarkson test the BMW340 when he basically lost control in a straight line at about 130mph !

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I imagine that if there was any potential issue with a particular model of said car. The manufacturer would issue a recall notice. As they have done for many years.

over a year ago

Is it cos the indicators don’t work? They never seem to be used anyway

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I just checked it doesn’t apply to private cars only the ones they setup for the police, I guess they have sports mode plus or something

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bmw-explains-whether-car-risk-134628799.html?guccounter=1

over a year ago

"Apparently, some BMW police cars may be unsafe at high speed and the Chief of Police has banned pursuits in them. Does this affect the civilian BMWs too and have we been told?

Did you not watch Jeremy Clarkson test the BMW340 when he basically lost control in a straight line at about 130mph !"

Not withstanding the danger aspect here, if anyone can find a attach of road where it’s possible to get to 130 theses days then that’s quite a rare achievement.

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple
over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

"

Did you not watch Jeremy Clarkson test the BMW340 when he basically lost control in a straight line at about 130mph !"

It was an Orange M135i that he aquaplaned at 130mph with all the driving assists turned off.

I remember because we bought the same model and colour car a week before and collected it a day after the episode. The dealership were worried we’d cancel the order!

over a year ago

"Apparently, some BMW police cars may be unsafe at high speed and the Chief of Police has banned pursuits in them. Does this affect the civilian BMWs too and have we been told?

Did you not watch Jeremy Clarkson test the BMW340 when he basically lost control in a straight line at about 130mph !

Not withstanding the danger aspect here, if anyone can find a attach of road where it’s possible to get to 130 theses days then that’s quite a rare achievement.

"

There are roads in other countries...

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Wouldn’t know…. Mine has a built in limiter I can set based on the road type , don’t think I’ve ever doe over 110, maybe a little more on motorways etc "

Excellent driving

Post new Message to Thread