Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your favourite

Jump to newest

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

tapas or mezze. I often have a few tapas on a Saturday evening with some wine rather than a usual dinner. For me always some dips like hummus, tzatsiki or aioli, a few olives and some nice bread is a must. Tonight I am also doing courgette fritters, hot chilli prawns, patatas bravas and russian salad. What are your favourite?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Dolma (stuffed vine leaves), a good tortilla, pescado frito, pan con tomate.... I love tapas. There's a really good restaurant in Liverpool (Lunya) that I love visiting when I have the chance.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I really wish tapas was my thing. But I prefer one big hearty meal ... that I don’t have to share

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I really wish tapas was my thing. But I prefer one big hearty meal ... that I don’t have to share "

You like what you like, nothing wrong with that. I enjoy the sharing bit as can try lots of different stuff. I went for dinner on holiday once with local friends and there were in excess of 20 different dishes on the table that evening. Heaven, by the sea for hours enjoying endless delicious dishes, drinking lovely wine and eventually even dancing on the beach. What's not to like

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Dolma (stuffed vine leaves), a good tortilla, pescado frito, pan con tomate.... I love tapas. There's a really good restaurant in Liverpool (Lunya) that I love visiting when I have the chance."

I like dolma. I don't make them but the M&S ones are quite authentic. I once had them made with cabbage leaves and served with some sort of egg and lemon sauce at a restaurant and were amazing. I found a recipe on Google and will make them someday.

over a year ago

"I really wish tapas was my thing. But I prefer one big hearty meal ... that I don’t have to share

You like what you like, nothing wrong with that. I enjoy the sharing bit as can try lots of different stuff. I went for dinner on holiday once with local friends and there were in excess of 20 different dishes on the table that evening. Heaven, by the sea for hours enjoying endless delicious dishes, drinking lovely wine and eventually even dancing on the beach. What's not to like "

Ohhh bloody hell, I’m sold!

over a year ago

Is this basically a bunch of finger foods?

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Is this basically a bunch of finger foods?

"

Lol, no. Just in smaller dishes so you can have lots of different stuff. Many of those are quite hot, would not recommend fingers

By *ryandsee OP   Man
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I really wish tapas was my thing. But I prefer one big hearty meal ... that I don’t have to share

You like what you like, nothing wrong with that. I enjoy the sharing bit as can try lots of different stuff. I went for dinner on holiday once with local friends and there were in excess of 20 different dishes on the table that evening. Heaven, by the sea for hours enjoying endless delicious dishes, drinking lovely wine and eventually even dancing on the beach. What's not to like

Ohhh bloody hell, I’m sold! "

Food does that to you, easily persuaded

Post new Message to Thread