Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lose weight

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is everyone exercise of choice? Need to loose a few as I'm unhappy with how I look ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Need to focus on diet, not just exercise. Diet is where you'll lose most.

As for what exercise, I do weight lifting mostly. I used to run/cycle and need to do a bit more cardio really, just can't be arsed lol

over a year ago

"Need to focus on diet, not just exercise. Diet is where you'll lose most.

As for what exercise, I do weight lifting mostly. I used to run/cycle and need to do a bit more cardio really, just can't be arsed lol "

It shows, looking good, I know I'm halving everything I eat and not eating big meals aswell

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cardio is your best bet for losing weight but make sure you include lifting weights along side it too.

over a year ago

Cardio and weights. The weights don’t need to be heavy but lifted correctly to get the benefit.

I’ve just started my home workouts again. They combine both. When I did it before I also used to fun 5k every other day and lost 3 stone.

Being consistent and watching your diet is the most important

over a year ago

Do something you enjoy doing.

Walking is a great low impact way

Lifting weights / resistance training

But as others have said change your diet, especially cut back any sugar you have and introduce more vegetables. It’s all about consistency good luck

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Best exercise is fork put downs

Just put your fork down and don’t eat as much

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

Why do so many people spell lose as loose. It's a different word.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Why do so many people spell lose as loose. It's a different word. "

Same as wander/wonder but to be fair to the op both were used and the general meaning of the post was understood so is it really that big of a deal for you to bring it up and not contribute to the actual discussion?

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Cut out the ABC to start with (alcohol bread cheese) then some form of exercise, but whatever you do as exercise make sure you enjoy it otherwise you'll stop as quickly as you started

over a year ago

Move more, eat less

I go to the gym 3 times a week and my workout consists of cardio and resistance and swimming

And don't be intimidated by diets, I haven't changed my diet, just the portion sizes and eating little and often by adding more fruit and veg in for snacks and cutting down on bread.

And don't limit yourself, if you want chocolate or something have it, just not lots of it.

I have lost 6lb so far over 3 weeks by doing this

over a year ago

Eat more of the fibre filling foods and less of the fatty ones. There’s an app called Lose It which is free to use or you can pay for added benefits it’s around £20 for a year. I’ve lost weight on it. It can be a bit fiddly, but easy one you get used to it. It will calculate all you calories that you need each day depending on how fast you want to lose weight, but be reasonable as no point in saying you want to lose say 3st in 2 months if all you have each day is 2000 calls to eat, as it might not be enough and you’ll end up snacking. After a week it will be able to predict the date you’ll get to your target if you follow it properly, you also need to in put your breakfast, lunch & dinner, drinks & snacks.

It’s not about cutting down what you eat or eating salads, but changing what you eat so your body doesn’t store what it doesn’t use as fat. You can still have big platefuls so long as you have bigger portions of say lean meat and vegetables and less pasta, rice and potatoes.

Also buy a set of kitchen scales.

over a year ago

I go swimming and do aqua fit. Haven’t seen much change weight wise but my shape is changing. I am now going to look at what I eat and make some changes.

For me the exercise wasn’t necessary about weight it just made me feel good doing something. After a rough week of having covid again I want to get back to it and be focused on the food side.

Aiming for half a stone weight loss and going to take measurements too incase the scales don’t change much.

Mrs

over a year ago

"I go swimming and do aqua fit. Haven’t seen much change weight wise but my shape is changing. I am now going to look at what I eat and make some changes.

For me the exercise wasn’t necessary about weight it just made me feel good doing something. After a rough week of having covid again I want to get back to it and be focused on the food side.

Aiming for half a stone weight loss and going to take measurements too incase the scales don’t change much.

Mrs "

diet is the hardest thing, exercise, aqua fit or something group wise is good might keep me entertained watching others sweat lol what about aerobics or is that for girls?

over a year ago

"I go swimming and do aqua fit. Haven’t seen much change weight wise but my shape is changing. I am now going to look at what I eat and make some changes.

Mrs

diet is the hardest thing, exercise, aqua fit or something group wise is good might keep me entertained watching others sweat lol what about aerobics or is that for girls?"

I think it’s for both.

over a year ago

Somat you find fun, more chance of sticking to it

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Sex

over a year ago

Train your mind to really, really want this. The rest will follow.

over a year ago

Not for everyone but I managed to lose 17kg (pre-covid) with slimming world. Didn’t go to the meetings just used the app.

over a year ago

"Do something you enjoy doing.

Walking is a great low impact way

Lifting weights / resistance training

But as others have said change your diet, especially cut back any sugar you have and introduce more vegetables. It’s all about consistency good luck "

Agree! Especially with doing something you enjoy, as it would be easier to build a routine and it would be something you would enjoy improving on

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Need to focus on diet, not just exercise. Diet is where you'll lose most.

As for what exercise, I do weight lifting mostly. I used to run/cycle and need to do a bit more cardio really, just can't be arsed lol "

Agreed. 90% diet 10% exercise, both together is great. Exercises you enjoy are even better.

Post new Message to Thread