Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Christmas lights legends

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

On the estate where I reside, there's two houses that still have their exteriors adorned with Christmas lights. The one habitation, different colours and flashing. Christmassy, and brash. The other domicile, white and still. Sophisticated. I don't know if both households are illumination enthusiasts, or just lazy bastards. It doesn't matter, I admire both traits.

I'd to hear about your local Christmas lights legends. Homes and shops, let's celebrate the Christmas lights legends.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

A house near us still have a life size snowman family (mum dad and a kid) all lit up in it's festive glory every night

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe they’re dead and the lights are on a timer!

over a year ago

"A house near us still have a life size snowman family (mum dad and a kid) all lit up in it's festive glory every night"

over a year ago

"Maybe they’re dead and the lights are on a timer! "

Now that you mention it. When I walked home last night, both houses had no lights on inside. Not in the front anyway.

over a year ago

over a year ago

"On the estate where I reside, there's two houses that still have their exteriors adorned with Christmas lights. The one habitation, different colours and flashing. Christmassy, and brash. The other domicile, white and still. Sophisticated. I don't know if both households are illumination enthusiasts, or just lazy bastards. It doesn't matter, I admire both traits.

I'd to hear about your local Christmas lights legends. Homes and shops, let's celebrate the Christmas lights legends.

"

Which one is yours?

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Dead.

over a year ago

"On the estate where I reside, there's two houses that still have their exteriors adorned with Christmas lights. The one habitation, different colours and flashing. Christmassy, and brash. The other domicile, white and still. Sophisticated. I don't know if both households are illumination enthusiasts, or just lazy bastards. It doesn't matter, I admire both traits.

Which one is yours? "

over a year ago

"Maybe they’re dead and the lights are on a timer!

Dead. "

There still might be time for an

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

There's a house on the corner near us that has the most Christmas lights I've seen in person. It's over the top but not completely insane.

The best part is the front garden, with the three wise men standing next to snowmen, angels, reindeer, many different Santa's and a new addition this year of a bright pink pig with wings and a Santa hat

It's very well known locally and we always take the kids for a long look

over a year ago

Ho Ho ho

over a year ago

"There's a house on the corner near us that has the most Christmas lights I've seen in person. It's over the top but not completely insane.

The best part is the front garden, with the three wise men standing next to snowmen, angels, reindeer, many different Santa's and a new addition this year of a bright pink pig with wings and a Santa hat

It's very well known locally and we always take the kids for a long look "

But is the bright pink pig still up?

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Mine are not christmas lights (although they may be considered as that at the end of each year), but they are twinkly lights that are always on in the evening in my lounge window.

I do really like twinkly lights

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"There's a house on the corner near us that has the most Christmas lights I've seen in person. It's over the top but not completely insane.

It's very well known locally and we always take the kids for a long look

But is the bright pink pig still up?"

I think he went to live on a nice farm in the sun. I look forward to him coming back next year

over a year ago

"Mine are not christmas lights (although they may be considered as that at the end of each year), but they are twinkly lights that are always on in the evening in my lounge window.

I do really like twinkly lights"

I like twinkly lights. They brighten up the long days.

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple
over a year ago

London

Are the white ones warm white or bright white?

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Dead.

There still might be time for an "

....or perhaps a tiny bit of sleuthing will uncover the truth.

over a year ago

"Are the white ones warm white or bright white? "

Warm.

over a year ago

over a year ago

Warm white. ^

over a year ago

Dead.

There still might be time for an

....or perhaps a tiny bit of sleuthing will uncover the truth. "

over a year ago

I walked a route through Shrewsbury I don't usually walk last night. I saw two more houses with Christmas lights. The home in Castlefields and the home in Monkmoor, you're legends.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Jim. It's a phenomenon. It usually happens immediately after a Fab Social when you're on a 'high':

Remember the Billie Jean video by Michelle Jackson (sic), as he walks over each flagstone it lights up and dims.

The same thing is happening with these houses. You're lighting up the mean streets of San FranShrewsbury.

Post new Message to Thread