Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sexual offences up in last 12 months

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just seen this on sky news the numbers are truly shocking ..

i know it seems wierd to some posting this on a swingers site but how many post do we see where consent is not given .... these things need reporting everytime so these people comiting these crimes have profiles built against them ...

Police forces in England and Wales have recorded the highest number of r*pes and sexual offences in a 12-month period, figures show.

There were 63,136 r*pes recorded in the year to September, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), up 13% from the previous period (56,119).

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

Thats shocking enough but how many is it with the ones that haven't been reported

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

And how many of them actually get prosecuted...

over a year ago

"And how many of them actually get prosecuted..."

if i heard right just over 1%

over a year ago

"Thats shocking enough but how many is it with the ones that haven't been reported "

yeah thats the scary scary bit

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"And how many of them actually get prosecuted...

if i heard right just over 1%"

That is the most depressing statistic ever. Makes it so hard to encourage anyone to report when you see those kind of figures.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I'm not convinced the law is going to help stop the horrendous abuse, violence and sexual offences, mostly on women. It's our culture that needs to change and stop tolerating it. It's getting worse not better. That's shameful.

over a year ago

That is the most depressing statistic ever. Makes it so hard to encourage anyone to report when you see those kind of figures. "

but most are first time offenders from what i gather so it gets brushed away if more people report then these horrible people are put on the radar and start to get profiles built ...the numbers are shocking bear in mind there will also be some false reorts too i find them as bad as the true offenders too ...

we've seen it on here in meets ,clubs,dogging where some just take without asking these are all sexual assult ...and should be reported sex is consental no matter where we are or what we are doing

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How many are by the police??

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

The links

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60156459

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingseptember2021#domestic-abuse-and-sexual-offences

Interesting point on how these figures are currently calculated.

‘Domestic abuse-related crimes and sexual offences recorded by the police do not provide a reliable measure of trends in these types of crime. Improvements in police recording practices and increased reporting by victims have contributed to increases in recent years. The figures do, however, provide a good measure of the crime-related demand on the police

‘The Crime Survey for England and Wales (CSEW) provides a more reliable measure of long-term trends in domestic abuse, sexual assault, stalking and harassment. Questions related to these offences had to be suspended with the move to telephone interviewing from May 2020’

By *iss_FickleWoman
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

And that's with all the lockdowns and closures too. I wonder if this was a factor with the increasing numbers (places being quieter/deserted) or are they mainly domestic based incidents... Either way still shocking to hear.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

That is the most depressing statistic ever. Makes it so hard to encourage anyone to report when you see those kind of figures.

but most are first time offenders from what i gather so it gets brushed away if more people report then these horrible people are put on the radar and start to get profiles built ...the numbers are shocking bear in mind there will also be some false reorts too i find them as bad as the true offenders too ...

we've seen it on here in meets ,clubs,dogging where some just take without asking these are all sexual assult ...and should be reported sex is consental no matter where we are or what we are doing"

I agree with you totally do. As someone who didn't report it, there were lots of factors but the main one was being my kids father.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

we've seen it on here in meets ,clubs,dogging where some just take without asking these are all sexual assult ...and should be reported sex is consental no matter where we are or what we are doing

I agree with you totally do. As someone who didn't report it, there were lots of factors but the main one was being my kids father. "

Oh god, Frida x

over a year ago

I agree with you totally do. As someone who didn't report it, there were lots of factors but the main one was being my kids father. "

so sorry to hear that

Post new Message to Thread