Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Go on admit it!

Jump to newest

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

Does your partner do things that wind you up...that you don't like.

Maybe it's their voice.

One guy said his girlfriends foundation didn't match the fake tan she used. He couldn't tell her as the relationship was too new.

Another guy said he faked liking a meal that she first cooked for him and 9 yrs on she still makes it and often, thinking it's his favourite

So..do they do something you don't really like?

And, do you, have you told them?

Or do you just keep quiet?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This may be why I am single!

over a year ago

Yes we wind each other up on a daily basis, sometimes deliberately. We always tell each other or shout it at each other but always laugh about it afterwards. Couple life

over a year ago

So it’s not a relationship but it’s me and my ex-wife (we have children together) and have a great friendship now so I am always at the house!!

The thing she does that pisses me off is over filling the bin so when I pull out the bag the bastard thing rips….I’ve told her during and after the relationship….she still does it!!

over a year ago

Always puts the washing on the cycle that spins for sodding ages and makes it sound like the washer is about to launch into orbit.

Apart from that deeply boring observation I can’t think of anything. I think I’m the annoying one, tbh

over a year ago

Wouldn’t know I am single

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I don't have a partner but annoy myself regularly

over a year ago

YES. How long do you have? I love him with all my heart but he is so frustrating sometimes.

He has 'ticks'/'gestures' he does when he's nervous like touching his nose and beard. He takes 5 minutes to tell you one sentence of a story because he's either laughing to himself, not thought about what he's about to say, or thinking (probably about me naked). When he says something that he believes is true, I contradict him with the actual truth - then when he realises I'm right he'll just frown and stare into space doing his little tick things. Oh, he winds the kids and dogs up before he leaves for work.

over a year ago

My ex used to annoy me with leaving underwear in the bathroom instead putting it in the washing basket just in the bedroom

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This is why I'm single

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

"YES. How long do you have? I love him with all my heart but he is so frustrating sometimes.

He has 'ticks'/'gestures' he does when he's nervous like touching his nose and beard. He takes 5 minutes to tell you one sentence of a story because he's either laughing to himself, not thought about what he's about to say, or thinking (probably about me naked). When he says something that he believes is true, I contradict him with the actual truth - then when he realises I'm right he'll just frown and stare into space doing his little tick things. Oh, he winds the kids and dogs up before he leaves for work. "

It's obvious you still love him though

over a year ago

Our whole relationship is based around winding each other up. The first night we met we spent about 2 hours walking home (usually a 20 minute journey) just taking the piss out of each other.

Sometimes we go too far but we wouldn’t have it any other way.

over a year ago

He knows it frustrates me too. I'm not complaining about him behind his back I know the thing that I do to frustrate him is doing half jobs.

Ie I'll unload the dishwasher onto the tops, fill it again and then start doing the laundry instead of putting the pots away.

over a year ago

The three in my relationship get on most of the time. Me, myself and I never argue.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"YES. How long do you have? I love him with all my heart but he is so frustrating sometimes.

He has 'ticks'/'gestures' he does when he's nervous like touching his nose and beard. He takes 5 minutes to tell you one sentence of a story because he's either laughing to himself, not thought about what he's about to say, or thinking (probably about me naked). When he says something that he believes is true, I contradict him with the actual truth - then when he realises I'm right he'll just frown and stare into space doing his little tick things. Oh, he winds the kids and dogs up before he leaves for work. "

over a year ago

"He knows it frustrates me too. I'm not complaining about him behind his back I know the thing that I do to frustrate him is doing half jobs.

Ie I'll unload the dishwasher onto the tops, fill it again and then start doing the laundry instead of putting the pots away."

Jesus….maybe he should run away now before it’s too late….or is it too late

By *piderBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

I'm the irritating as fuck one....

This explains a lot. Now going to have some self reflection

Posh

over a year ago

"He knows it frustrates me too. I'm not complaining about him behind his back I know the thing that I do to frustrate him is doing half jobs.

Ie I'll unload the dishwasher onto the tops, fill it again and then start doing the laundry instead of putting the pots away.

Jesus….maybe he should run away now before it’s too late….or is it too late "

He knows that option is there

over a year ago

He stomps EVERYWHERE. Fairly certain be was born with lead feet

I can be upstairs and know exactly where he is in the house. Oh and slamming kitchen cupboards and the dishwasher

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

He loads the dishwasher wrong. When he does the dishes he leaves the dirty water in the sink. He throws his clothes on the floor in our son's room when he jumps in the shower as it's nearest the bathroom. Don't ever turn the conversation to Scottish independence! He has zero memory. He'll be sent in the kitchen to get something and inevitably forget and just find something to munch - usually while we're eating dinner. He takes too long in the shower.

He drives me round the bloody bend. But worst of all the bastard somehow always makes me laugh so I can never stay angry at him. Grr

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

He's really competitive. Not in an occasional, oh I'd quite like to win this because I'm good at it. Nope.

Full on, having a mini strop if he doesn't get the best score during University Challenge or I know some obscure literary question he doesn't (bear in mind one of us studied it at postgrad level and it wasn't him).

I've pointed out that he's got an awfully competitive streak. He's listened. And then pointed out that I'm just as horrifically competitive as he is.

Wouldn't change him for the world.

over a year ago

"He loads the dishwasher wrong. When he does the dishes he leaves the dirty water in the sink. He throws his clothes on the floor in our son's room when he jumps in the shower as it's nearest the bathroom. Don't ever turn the conversation to Scottish independence! He has zero memory. He'll be sent in the kitchen to get something and inevitably forget and just find something to munch - usually while we're eating dinner. He takes too long in the shower.

He drives me round the bloody bend. But worst of all the bastard somehow always makes me laugh so I can never stay angry at him. Grr"

Sound like you have your hands full

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

The socks in the bed. I put them in his face. Hasn't worked .

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Not that he can do anything about it, but his memory is horrendous and I'm sick of reminding him everything at least three times

K

By *lectrumMan
over a year ago

south shields

When she does the washing up and doesn’t rinse the soap suds off before putting the plates etc on the draining board that’s about it

over a year ago

"Not that he can do anything about it, but his memory is horrendous and I'm sick of reminding him everything at least three times

K"

Don't be too hard on him. That's every man in the whole entire history of the world.

Reminder, reminder, set alarm reminder, follow up reminder, draw a picture and shove it in their face reminder.. still forget

over a year ago

When I'm about to do something, for example sort recycling out, and my SO clearly can see what I'm about to do, but then has to say "will you sort the recycling out?".

I tend to wind her up by not caring enough about streak marks on tiles or worktops when cleaning

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

I'll leave breadcrumbs here for P.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

My ex did....he breathed

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

He's done exactly what I expected him to :P

P

over a year ago

"My ex did....he breathed "

over a year ago

When you live with someone theres always gonna be times you puss each other off.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

When C met a woman from another couple alone, she was meant to send pics and videos.

Didn’t receive any

So had to do with the audio version of what happened instead

Sorry that’s all I’ve got

K

over a year ago

My ex use to annoy the fuck out of me breathing in bed.

One of the many reasons I am now single.

over a year ago

Now I feel bad for complaining so much

We can throw the jokes around without hurting feelings though

over a year ago

I think her list is considerably longer than mine, so I'm keeping quiet on this front

By *ookie_and_NookieCouple
over a year ago

Kent

He makes plans in his head and if anything happens to derail them, he gets a bit moody even though he didn’t vocalise his plans so no one else knows anything about them. He’s also a grump when he’s hungry.

I probably do loads that winds him up but he’s got a high tolerance for me haha!

C x

Post new Message to Thread