Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Price of food

Jump to newest

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Whose finding the price of food is eating into their pocket more?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

That's inflation for you

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep, definitely, since Brexit and covid xx

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Eating not just into the pocket but all the way to the wallet and the bank account

over a year ago

Staffs

"Yep, definitely, since Brexit and covid xx"
and with regards to Brexit you reap what you sow

We tried to tell them but would they listen

over a year ago

"Yep, definitely, since Brexit and covid xxand with regards to Brexit you reap what you sow

We tried to tell them but would they listen "

Unfortunately we all have though x

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

It’s mad that brexit has affected America too isn’t it

The US inflation rate rose to 6.8% over the last year to its highest point since 1982, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday morning.

The consumer price index for all urban consumers (CPI-U) rose by 0.8% in November after rising 0.9% in October. Price increases were seen across many sectors, including gas, food and housing. This was the sixth month in a row of price increases.

over a year ago

Staffs

Brexit is a small part of it and you'd have to be an idiot to think it's affected the usa

Main for reason for world wide inflation is simply

A)higher energy costs

B)disruption to supply chain mostly bought on by covid

However in the UK unlike the USA we do have the Brexit factor which has only compounded the the other issues that cause a rise in inflation mostly around the supply chain

Not having a free flowing cross border arrangement like we had when we were in the EU is simply pushing transport cost through the roof .....in the end it's the consumer who pays ..hence a rise in the cost of goods otherwise known as inflation

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

over a year ago

Must admit, I hadn’t noticed it I’m only buying for one though!

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Whose finding the price of food is eating into their pocket more?"

Transport costs are adding to the cost. I eat organic and local so the bulk of my shopping stays the same.

C

over a year ago

For sure

By *rystal Tipps - AlistairCouple
over a year ago

livingston

The price of food will go up even more when the government stops the hauliers from using red diesel( which is cheaper than white ) and are forced to use white, the costs are going to be passed on to the public.

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

"Brexit is a small part of it and you'd have to be an idiot to think it's affected the usa

A)higher energy costs

However in the UK unlike the USA we do have the Brexit factor which has only compounded the the other issues that cause a rise in inflation mostly around the supply chain

Not having a free flowing cross border arrangement like we had when we were in the EU is simply pushing transport cost through the roof .....in the end it's the consumer who pays ..hence a rise in the cost of goods otherwise known as inflation

"

Good explanation. Although unkind to describe someone as an 'idiot' simply because they mistakenly believed Brexit might have affected the US economy.

By *rhugesMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

And it's going to get much worse from April

By *hat BlokeMan
over a year ago

Harrogate

"Brexit is a small part of it and you'd have to be an idiot to think it's affected the usa

A)higher energy costs

Good explanation. Although unkind to describe someone as an 'idiot' simply because they mistakenly believed Brexit might have affected the US economy. "

I think the “mistaken believer” was possibly somebody who voted out and was trying to make out brexit wasn’t the issue. To which the initial poster gave short shrift to and showed them they were incorrect. I could be wrong but that’s how I read it.

By *rhugesMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

National insurance going up gas and electricity going up

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Far far away

"Yep, definitely, since Brexit and covid xxand with regards to Brexit you reap what you sow

We tried to tell them but would they listen "

The prices in Europe have increased significantly as well it's not down to Brexit

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Far far away

A)higher energy costs

"

Transport companies took advantage of Brexit to increase cost and blame Brexit for all of the increase.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Hopefully, I'll cut down on food waste.

Also, people might start pairing their food rather than going for convenience.

Also, people may revert to buying homegrown seasonal products.

over a year ago

I did notice , some stuff have increased in price by 25%!!

over a year ago

Staffs

A)higher energy costs

Good explanation. Although unkind to describe someone as an 'idiot' simply because they mistakenly believed Brexit might have affected the US economy. "

Apologies for calling him an idiot

I've now stepped down off my soap box

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"The price of food will go up even more when the government stops the hauliers from using red diesel( which is cheaper than white ) and are forced to use white, the costs are going to be passed on to the public."

Hauliers don’t use red diesel. Don’t know where you got the idea that they do.

By *izzibeth9Couple
over a year ago

Loughborough

Dunno about food, but my energy bills since October have been about £1,500!

Things are absolutely nuts at the minute for sure. Really hope the government steps in to do something, because there's no way is this sustainable for families.

Post new Message to Thread