Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anyone a web developer?

Jump to newest

By *reengoddess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Sidmouth

I'm looking for a web dev or someone who can build websites as I have a swinging game I'd love to develop.

I am technical myself but not in website development.

It would be a very basic website which takes csv or JSON data input and then dynamically creates playing cards based on the users choices at the start and then simply displays the cards one at a time.

I can explain more in messages if you're interested in building this and have some spare time as well.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For free?

over a year ago

Sidmouth

"For free? "

Yes, it would be a free game for the swinging community. We could add advertising if there were costs but I'd aim to keep it open source and just something fun to develop on the side

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

Hi,

I have done some website development. I can't message you though.

Q

over a year ago

Sidmouth

"Hi,

I have done some website development. I can't message you though.

Q"

Great, sent you a private message

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"For free?

Yes, it would be a free game for the swinging community. We could add advertising if there were costs but I'd aim to keep it open source and just something fun to develop on the side"

You'd be extremely lucky to have a quality final product and have them happy to want to do everything to your specifications. Even I haven't done that for free and I have been charitable.

C

over a year ago

Sidmouth

"For free?

Yes, it would be a free game for the swinging community. We could add advertising if there were costs but I'd aim to keep it open source and just something fun to develop on the side

You'd be extremely lucky to have a quality final product and have them happy to want to do everything to your specifications. Even I haven't done that for free and I have been charitable.

C"

Trust me it's simple but it isn't for me, it's for swingers I just have the idea and think it would be a fun project to work on and get everyone involved in building it. Doesn't need to be perfect we all appreciate this is an unpaid side of our lives

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"For free?

Yes, it would be a free game for the swinging community. We could add advertising if there were costs but I'd aim to keep it open source and just something fun to develop on the side"

You have two issues with this...

It will need hosting somewhere, you'll struggle to find somewhere to host it for free with it being adult themed, so some cost for hosting (and by extension domain name etc) may be required.

Keeping it open source is fine in theory, but personally, I wouldn't want it in my repository and I wouldn't want it to appear alongside my PRs, I have enough issues in my world being female I do not need something sexual being attached to my work.

(yeah I could setup another user but man that's a faff and ud end up committing to the wrong repo for sure, especially if I was working on it in the evenings when I'm already tired).

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

If it's so simple... why not have a go and teach yourself a new skill?

Codecademy and freecodecamp both have great tutorials for react...

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"I'm looking for a web dev or someone who can build websites as I have a swinging game I'd love to develop.

It would be a very basic website which takes csv or JSON data input and then dynamically creates playing cards based on the users choices at the start and then simply displays the cards one at a time.

I can explain more in messages if you're interested in building this and have some spare time as well."

Oooo that would be a great iPhone app!!! I could develop that

over a year ago

Sidmouth

"If it's so simple... why not have a go and teach yourself a new skill?

Codecademy and freecodecamp both have great tutorials for react... "

I should do, I just wanted it done sooner than later.

I am happy to setup a new GitHub as I'd definitely not want it to interfere with personal life. I was thinking host it on GitHub pages if that's against their ToS then 000webhost have free hosting and domain names

over a year ago

Sidmouth

"I'm looking for a web dev or someone who can build websites as I have a swinging game I'd love to develop.

I can explain more in messages if you're interested in building this and have some spare time as well.

Oooo that would be a great iPhone app!!! I could develop that "

I did think about an app but wanted to allow access for everyone and therefore a website was my go to thought Vs an app

over a year ago

How did you get on with getting a web developer?

over a year ago

I run my own web dev agency...happy to.discuss

over a year ago

Nothing is simple when it comes to web development, things always end up taking longer than you thought.

Have a couple of pointers I could give you though and would be interested to know more about your idea. I can't message you but message me if you'd like.

Of course, if I was doing something like that for free I'd go and build it the way I wanted

Post new Message to Thread