Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anxiety issues

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are you someone that actually suffers with anxiety? If so help the group how to get around it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

My grounding techniques are carefully tailored to me, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

I use an infinity cube when I'm out and about if I feel a wave coming

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"Are you someone that actually suffers with anxiety? If so help the group how to get around it "

Every normal person has anxiety to some degree.

Often it’s a call to action and in some cases it’s an overreaction.

Having had the overreaction for several years I can only advise to get good sleep, get up and get out to somewhere you find more calming. Stay busy but don’t feel guilty about quiet lazy time.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

Try not to hold on to negative thoughts and talk to someone, but only if you feel comfortable about it.

over a year ago

"My grounding techniques are carefully tailored to me, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

I use an infinity cube when I'm out and about if I feel a wave coming "

over a year ago

"Try not to hold on to negative thoughts and talk to someone, but only if you feel comfortable about it. "

over a year ago

"Are you someone that actually suffers with anxiety? If so help the group how to get around it

Every normal person has anxiety to some degree.

Often it’s a call to action and in some cases it’s an overreaction.

Having had the overreaction for several years I can only advise to get good sleep, get up and get out to somewhere you find more calming. Stay busy but don’t feel guilty about quiet lazy time."

By *TK421-Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Counciling really helped.

I still get 'stuck' from time to time and I find that FAB doesn't help. So I take a break.

My CBT helps. Supprise supprise it's based on running. I know my favourite route so well that I can visualize it and the smells. It's like being at your 'happy' place.

By *erms and conditionsCouple
over a year ago

Alton

Anxiety is something that I've only just started to recognise. The last couple of years havent been good.

Still learning what calms me down and freaks me out. At the moment I find myself spending more time with myself and trying to switch my brain off (when not at home)

C

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I suffer from severe anxiety and confidence before a op but thankfully training takes over and once the engine's start I'm fine but the build to it is dreadful

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Accepting that you actually do have anxiety and that you're not going crazy. And then learning what your triggers are

over a year ago

I think mine is fairly mild compared to some but I generally become a bit of a joker when stressed or anxious. I do warn people that I'm not always like it! I just take myself out of my comfort zone bit by bit but its taken me years to look like I'm comfortable on the outside whilst still feeling uncomfortable on the inside. Little steps at a time at your own pace....we are all different

over a year ago

I have anxiety and sometimes panic attacks. I had one yesterday and then backtracked to what I'd been thinking of so I could meet it head on. Anxiety doesn't come out of nowhere - it's cumulative and the things you tell yourself can directly make it worse or make it better.

Post new Message to Thread